Is it ok to drive a nanbox if you do it for financial (fuel eco) reasons?

Is it ok to drive a nanbox if you do it for financial (fuel eco) reasons?

Other urls found in this thread:

auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=717
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only the twingo 133 rs

But seriously, you might as well consider a scooter or motorcycle

Driving is expensive as fuck but necessary here (NL).

A nanbox would keep me dry, comfy, can do groceries, can take people with me etc. Low weight plus fuel eco literally saves hundreds of bucks a month.

It's ok to drive whatever you like or need, don't listen to Veeky Forums about anything. We're all just benchracing faggots who like animu stickers.

Only if you're poor and uncreative enough to lack a realistic alternative option. Otherwise it is your duty to get something that isn't meant for your aunt because you only get one chance to be young.

But a bike will save you even more.
My big bike, which can carry people, groceries and is pretty comfy (more comfortable than an Aygo) and has a giant wind screen, costs me about €500/y in maintenance, insurance and roadtax.

And a proper suit will keep you dry. Dryer than a car.

Agreed. Getting a kei shitbox is one of the best things you could do if if you live in a heavily taxed country with lots of tight roads and traffic jams.

Just do it OP.

Its pure cancer, highest gas price in Eu, weight based tax, no-go zones

Why does it matter what anyone thinks?

Own your car, fuck the world.

I don't like animu stickers.

This
Any car is a wonderful luxury

Veeky Forums is so friendly

Not really, it is Veeky Forums after all.

Enjoy your wheels.

I mean if you live somewhere that has a lot of traffic why not?
I have a 2nd gen Prius and it's paid for itself fairly quickly lol

Get a 98-2005 VW TDI. Either the 90 or 110PS Golf or Passat.
They are hilariously cheap and use damn little diesel.

I own a 99 Passat and regularly get around 4.5-4.7 l/100km when I'm actually minding my fuel economy.

I just bought a 2013 Seat ibiza ST 1.6tdi because muh family expansion, to replace my aygo.
Obviously more room, and the ibiza does 23kml, where the aygo did 19,5kml, 110kmph on highways in the aygo, 130kmph in the ibiza

Not the highest by far, maybe 7 years ago, but the broke southern EU countries really caught up with fuel prices (italy, greece) and everyone drives shitboxes there

A lot of the poorfag young uns around my area drive riced out VW Lupos or 1st gen MX5s. Both pretty cheap. If you drive a Yaris or Honda Jazz under the age of 50 you may as well give up now.

>If you drive a Yaris or Honda Jazz under the age of 50 you may as well give up now.
Fuck that bullshit

Yes

Seriously man just drive what ever you want and don't give a fuck.

After driving a meh car for a couple of years I realized how pointless is to not have a Nissan GTR.

I mean seriously just how sad all those folks look in their flashy cars that are not a Nissan GTR. They are just the male analogy of female attention whores.

tl;dr If you can't afford a Nissan GTR drive what ever fuck you want and don't give a fuck.

btw the Pegeuot 107 and Citroen C1 is practically the same car so get what ever is cheapest.

if you drive under 5000 km a year ok, otherwise a Yaris is a sensible choice, because if you include repairs into the bill you won't be able to afford gas.

I bet you have never driven a car with a v8 before have you?

Im open to suggesties dont make me want to kys btw

I know people who always buy second hand upmarket cars and then bitch that their replacement clutch costs as much as my entire car.
Well tough shit m8, that's why I bought a car that serves me not the other way around, it may be an old shitbox but it does 5l/100km and the parts are cheap af.
Maybe one day when I crash and get killed because it's unsafe they'll be the ones laughing but until then I'll enjoy cheap motoring.

Just ride a bike or take the bus

Toyota Yaris or Honda Jazz are some of your best options, Aygo/C1/107 isn't bad either.

What car?

auto-data.net/en/?f=showCar&car_id=717
2000 Nissan Micra K11 with the 1.3 75hp engine, very light and nippy car, but it's quite old now, parts for it are still widely available and very cheap.
It will do 5/100km out of town if you don't push it and I usually drive like an old grandma.

At this point, automatics are usually more fuel efficient than manuals. It is also arguable that they cost any less than automatics when bought new due to the costs of having to produce then keep in inventory a variant that most customers don’t know how to drive, or flat out do not want. Manuals have been largely an enthusiast options for the better part of two decades in pre,it, car segments, and it is filtering into economy cars finally as well since they are so fuel optimized and pull thef weight for CAFE standards.

TLDR: From the manufactuerer’s perspective, it is better to consolidate production and remove driver error and move to cheap automatics and CVT units produced in China.

The OP is Dutch, manuals in the Netherlands are the standard and at least 90% people with a driving license know how to ride manual.

But that's diesel no?

T W I N G O
W
I
N
G
O

I'm not just memeing either, these things cost jack shit to own. Get one with the cloth or glass sunroof for fresh air during those 3 days per year that the sun actually shines.

>weight based tax
If I weren't Dutch myself I'd have meme-recommended an MX-5 here but they cost like 12 cents per km to drive in our country.

This is bullshit too, what are you implying about small cars?

Those things are heavy, and diesels cost more in monthly road taxes than their gasoline equivalents.

>know how to ride manual
That wasn't the point

Sneak in a few cheeky horses into the engine and they can be tons of funs

Dutchman as well.

I'd recommend a tiny Japanese econobox if you live in the west and don't have kids and shit and need something to just get you from A to B. Sure, a VAG mobile might feel better, but the cost of driving will be a lot higher as well.

But I have a soft spot for kei cars since I drive a 2004 Daihatsu Mira/Cuore.

>tfw driving a decent car with 110HP and thinking that it would pretty much be pointless since I would rarely be able to enjoy those horses due to shit traffic and shit pay.
End me.

The Passat wagon weighs only 1.2 tons. I'd assume the Golf is less.
Do you really have Diesel taxes?

Fuel costs less, but to make up for that they crank up the monthly fees (which are based on vehicle weight and fuel type).

If tax is weight based, why the fuck does everyone in the Netherlands drive a fucking SUV? At least i saw a lot in the Eastern parts of your country.

See these motherfuckers?
They're hybrids. ((((Low emission)))) vehicles.

Guess what ((((low emission)))) vehicles get? Right! Tax breaks.

Any small diesel (around 70hp) is far more economical and pleasant to drive

At the moment in northern Italy diesel is about 1,35euro/L. Fairly low considering it was 1,85 in 2008

Depends, usually a light diesel in NL only gets affordable/cheaper when driving at least 15k km per year due to the insane taxes. Those taxes basically negate the cheap price of diesel. Same with LG, which is really cheap as a fuel, but highly taxes and less energy dense.

I hope that decently priced, good looking, high ranged, full electrical cars become a thing soon, since we already have a lot of quick charging stations and really low taxes for those.

But driving a car is a choice anyway. FREEDOM and a fun as fuck car are worth the taxes for most. The tradeoff between freedome and costs is basically an economy light shitbox.

Dutchfag here. I drive a really shitty old Peugeot 205 1.4l. I pay €19/month on taxes and I get 1l/16km all the while having a lot of fun driving it because it's light and fairly quick with its 75hp engine. A decent one will cost you about €1000 and the beat up one I got for free is surprisingly reliable.

Tdi = turbo diesel injection

OP here, I just walked by some Toyota Aygo's and I don't think I will fit (big guy4u)

Thinking about a Honda Civic 1.5 as a pseudo sedan alternative. I like the looks more for sure

kill yourself, chang

Try a first gen Twingo as well. I'm dead serious, they're super roomy for their external size, mechanically very simple, lightweight so they're in a low road tax bracket, they use very little fuel, parts cost next to nothing, neither does insurance and the cars themselves make up like half of all the car ads under 1k.
You can really feel how cheap they are though, that's just about the only downside.