/neog/ - SNK and Neo Geo General

CBT ends soon.
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/873113198034960384

KoF XIV is in the e-sports event by the OCA.
twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/873134058447839232

Arcade version to release on June 29:
twitter.com/NESiCA_PR/status/870536555504455680

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

The king of fighters XIV PC pre-sale and closed beta. Get access and 20% OFF if you preorder!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260
youtu.be/rgTXu88iMHU

BE SURE TO CHECK THIS THREAD. PATCHES ARE POSTED PRETTY OFTEN!
steamcommunity.com/app/571260/discussions/0/1291816880503043773/

Stuff from the chinese conference:
youtu.be/MJwlFbp4toU
youtu.be/QEqXaBq-Scg
youtu.be/JySin3zQqtE

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtu.be/PY5hiZ7CV8I

Version 2.1 is out and fixes some bugs!
snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.01_en.pdf

Small snippet arcade of exhibition:
youtu.be/yqvDPPcJatY

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New KOF Chinese manga:
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/816915802083340288
twitter.com/PrettyBakedCake/status/817381037114171392

New SNK mobile RPG:
game.snk-corp.co.jp/official/newproject/

Latest tournament footage:
youtu.be/RT4hkGwe7j4
youtu.be/cmA18dnqNxI
youtu.be/v1JH568QpR0
youtu.be/HwD3v53neA4
youtu.be/gLNqxvNQxQQ
youtu.be/v=WFaLZMTwIjk
youtu.be/xFFq3r0ln10
youtu.be/BV-bjwj5gik
youtu.be/i4zqA4OI5do
youtu.be/PwKfaJ9sJx8
youtu.be/HHOG5ViPrAg

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bitmap_books/status/873134726902632448
events.esports-asia.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=I9FV25jF-2E
twitter.com/lightning949/status/873660234832596992
youtube.com/watch?v=l8qsg0jrtjc
youtube.com/watch?v=HtWEbSjR778
twitter.com/nonson2/status/873799934675345410
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/873924023306002432
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please don't die early like last time.

Book that covers Neo Geo History available for preorder on july 3.
twitter.com/bitmap_books/status/873134726902632448

People would need to talk about SNK stuff for that.

On another note, OP is true, we Olympics now, sot of.
events.esports-asia.org/

Is there a possibility KoF XIV will gain more players after it fully releases on Steam?

as much as we say that, it dies anyway

just not enough interest in snk

Yes, but who knows how many of them will stick. Don't expect for it to gain many western fans. Even now all of the top ranked players are chinese except one polish guy.

Loving a niche company and series really sucks sometimes. On one hand we don't have to deal with SNK selling out and simplifying the game but we don't have as many fans and players because of it. #RiseUp

Anyone else bothered by Tizoc's redesign into King of Dinosaurs? Tizoc was a really cool justice loving wrestler with a heart of gold and SNK brings him back as a villainous dumb dinosaur wrestler. He just looks like a joke to me. Even in his team's ending he starts purring like a kitten. I miss the old Tizoc and King of Dinosaurs just makes me sad.

Chances of anything getting announced during E3 are close to nil aren't they? Also was a date set on the animated series? July is floating around in my head, but I don't know if that's true.

So long as it's better than Another Day.

What are you talking about? they're not even the same guy. There's pictures of both of them being in the same room floating out there.

>taking SNK characters seriously when even jokes about some of the most serious of them have been made by SNK themselves
Save yourself some frustration man. From what I've seen for the most part SNK games don't take themselves too seriously. Doing that would make characters less well rounded and more one dimensional IMO. As goofy as may may seem I think it made KoD/Tizoc more interesting. To be honest I barely cared for him (and most of the MotW) before. That's just me though, opinion may vary from person to person.

It's a bit insulting. Imagine if Terry came back but it wasn't Terry, it was Hungry Fox and he wore a fox mask.

Insulting to the character or insulting to you?
His motives were laid out as to why he changed in the game. He didn't switch to KoD all willy nilly. He was changed because as you take him so seriously he too believed in his Tizoc persona so much that he didn't want to tarnish it's reputation. The guy behind the tizoc mask is a human too, not a robot set with a one dimensional goal. As a human just like any other after his loss he wanted to settle the score with Nelson which is technically revenge. Now as you stated >Tizoc was a really cool justice loving wrestler with a heart of gold
and since he's as such how would it look like if he were out for revenge? He would just look like a hypocrite especially since Nelson isn't any sort of villain. If he's as justice loving as you say he is, this would cause him shame, but he can't deny his human side either and as Such KoD was made. Him wanting a rematch to settle the score fleshes him out more, but he can't get revenge as Tizoc because revenge is not justice.
Had they not added this side to him he would be boring as fuck going on about nothing but justictice, just like the other characters see Kim. And just like Kim he was fleshed out. Some characters indicated that Kim in part uses justice as an excuse to enact his will on others. This gives the characters flaws, which makes them more human like and lets us see them more as people (which is why many SNK fans like the chracters). People don't just have one character trait, they're more complex than that.

come on nerds, show us some sylvie modding

no, i'm not bothered, it was a silly setup

I forgot to mention just because he switched to KoG for those reasons it doesn't mean that his Tizoc side is completely dead. it still manages to slip out from time to time during his interactions with other characters because as you mentioned
>Tizoc was a really cool justice loving wrestler with a heart of gold
He never changed.

*KoD

The character is equally silly as both Tizoc and KOD though. The only difference is that Tizoc his shtick is less noticeable due being just a generic "I figh for justice" one whereas the Dino gimmick is much more noticeable.

That said, KOD has a much interesting design than Tizoc and the gimmick itself allows them to give the character more of a personality than before. Tizoc while cool looking and with interesting moves was pretty generic far as mexican luchador types go.

>justice loving wrestler with a heart of gold
Sound like King from tekken

That's the thing with mexican luchadors in japanese media. Japan seemingly can't avoid ripping off Tiger Mask (for the appearance) and Fray Tormenta (for the backstory) when designing them.

KOD is at the very least a classic example of a Rudo (Heel) luchador.

And it even inspired an actual luchador!

youtube.com/watch?v=I9FV25jF-2E

Even then King (both I and II) are more complex than user's image Tizoc.

Get in here.
/frionel26

Where?

the wearhouse

Twitch. Personally when someone posts a link like that I usually assume it's twitch unless stated otherwise. Has always worked for me before.

Oh I thought you made a room for XIV. Nevermind then.

Wish I could. Don't even have PS+ and my toaster can't run it. Plus I suck total shit.

i thought people would have KNOWN just by the fact that
>frionel26

Any tourneys this weekend? I need my kofxiv fix ASAP.

There's one in southern california that supposedly starts at 5pm and the one that linked to frione's twitch.

Twitch?

link for the one in Southern cal?

Southern california one is a local, don't know if it will be streamed.
twitter.com/lightning949/status/873660234832596992
If you want a big tournament you're gong to have to wait until next week for CEO.

Forgot to say the one on frionel's twitch posted above is still going.

NICE.

/frionel26
quarter finals right now. Pretty good stuff

How is the character variety?

Your typical toptier characters. But the level is decent and entertaining.

Is it still going on or is it over?

Still going I think they're showing losers finals.

That V3K mature :3

Anyone here own any SNK related merch?

Wake up you niggers.

yes

Two mini figs; k9999 and Blue Mary. Probably bootleg figs since I bought them from some shady guy years ago..

Just these. Thinking about getting the D-Arts Terry but I don't know if it's good.

None, the only SNK thing I happen to own in general is Kof 00/01 for ps2.

That hat is actually fucking great. Where to get one?

Who's your favourite Fatal Fury series character user? Mine's Big Bear, easily. It's a shame he appears only in two games.

Not that user, but I've seen them sold at amazon before.

>That hat is actually fucking great. Where to get one?
They were originally a pre-order bonus for Maximum Impact 1 but I grabbed mine from eBay years ago.

>ywn have hat much Terry

>Vice going to Comic-Con
>Wearing a Spongebob shirt
That's some interesting fashion.

Yuri has the best butt.

indeed

Everyone knows the best Terry hat is the one with the steel plate on it.

Interesting tech.

>/frionel26

Get in this live stream. It's Korea VS japan matches.
Korea(Kofno1/strawberry/ssong/Kangq7/Vash/Lacid) vs Japan(Tarezou/Cross/Akira/K2/Hitosan/RF)
youtube.com/watch?v=l8qsg0jrtjc

youtube.com/watch?v=HtWEbSjR778

Kek

I remember a while back there was this survey going around (I think it was from Toys R Us of all places) and it was asking about what kinds of merch from what series one would be interested in and KoF was listed on it. Anyone know whatever became of that?

Don't die overnight

Gotta keep posting for that senpai.

So has that Singaporean company or wherever it is from that makes those expensive as fuck statues of fighting game characters started production of the KoF ones they announced?

Man, I really do love Metal Slug.

Well goodnight.

May Lee for DLC when?

I love Terry!

Those Fatal Fury animes didn't get his personality at all. He was so broody in these.

Especially the second OVA. At least some decent reaction images came out of Terry's drunk hobo phase.

Terry please shave.

Just artbooks and a Terry cap I got from eBay, plus the Metal Slug t-shirts from the Humble Bundles.

I want to get the new t-shirt recently released, but since my contract's almost running out, I want to get a new job before I'm comfortable with that expense.

I remember her profile mentioning comics, and even a specific artist, Dan Brereton - thing is, that guy's art tends toward a far more serious style that lends itself well to medieval fantasy, so a Spongebob shirt seems like a really big clash.

I wonder if any financially well-endowed SNK fan would even consider commissioning Dan Brereton for a Vice illustration...

Also, I was kind of hoping this pic would be the new topic header, it might get some interesting reactions from people that don't usually visit these.

Ryo shouldn't shave though, the beard really works for him.

The magatama isn't exactly SNK merch, but it'll be perfect as an accessory for an Iori nendoroid, if they even make one...
The gay strap was drawn by a friend of mine.

And a bunch of doujinshis that I want to finish scanning one day + KOF XIV

>that feel when Kyo finally graduates.
>that feel when Terry finally gets hired for a full time job other than fighting.
>that feel when Ryo isn't poor for once in his life.

I don't think the universe would be ready for that.

NICE

*blocks your path*

I have an artbook. Do Saigado doujins count?

It's nice to see that they're still running around doing stuff.
twitter.com/nonson2/status/873799934675345410

Anyone know the stream for this?
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/873924023306002432