Question about diesel & oil change

Hi Veeky Forums
So I know you're meant to do oil/filter changes regularly on diesel engines. My car was overdue an oil change but has been sitting unused for over a month now. Is it highly preferable I do the oil change before I restart the engine for the first time, or will she be OK to drive to the garage?

It's on a public road so can't really do it myself where it is - so will involve a tow.

Thanks

A month is not much, don't worry too much about it.
If you are really paranoid, you can disconnect the fuel pump relay, crank the engine until the oil light on your dash turns off, reconnect the relay and be on your merry way.

Don't waste money on towing when there is no real need for it, just drive the car to the garage and have it serviced,.

The little relay trick I told you is to avoid the engine running too much without oil pressure the first time you fire it up after a long pause.

So you just left the vehicle sitting on a public road for over a month?? And it doesn't matter, you obviously don't care enough, so what's one more start going to hurt?

It'll do just fine

Where did you hear that shit? Diesels have longer service intervals than gas on average

>overdue
How long overdue are we talking here?

I don't have private parking, I can see it from my window though. It's been sitting unused because of an unrelated issue which is now resolved.

Thanks lads. I guess I'll just let the engine warm up properly before taking it to the garage, since this is the ultimate coldstart.

Well, last oil change around 9k miles / 10 months ago... It's not ideal I know. Pic in OP very related.

>he can't undo 1 bolt on the bottom of his engine and the undo the oil filter to screw a new one in

why? i really dont get how anyone can not know how to service their car, servicing a car is so easy literal retards do it.

Nigger what.
Who changes their oil more than every 9k miles?
You'd be perfectly fine with even with 12k/2 year cycles with modern oils. Even 15k shouldn't matter too much, especially if it's a diesel.

>It's on a public road
Also I don't have a jack apart from the shitty one with the spacesaver tyre or axle stands.

I thought I should be doing it every 5 or so?

Fill some hessian sacks with sand, put them under your front wheels, drive onto the hessian sacks.

be a proper poor person who innovates not some fucking normie conformist.

No, what the fuck.
Regular recommended oil service intervals are around 15,000 kilometers (9.3k miles).
Our VW diesel wagon is 19 years old now and has its oil changed every 15-18k kilometers and it's still perfectly fine.

btw they have to start the car and let it get warm to drain the oil anyway.
idk what you are stressed about, you can't drain cold oil lol.

My car needs an oil change every 5000km, shits fucking filthy after that long.
christ man is your oil sludge when it comes out?

if you are so cheap that you wait that long for oil changes i doubt you are paying for fully synthetic oil..

>idk what you are stressed about, you can't drain cold oil lol.
kek

OK well thanks anyway anons, can't wait to get her back on the road :D

>My car needs an oil change every 5000km, shits fucking filthy after that long.
What the fuck are you driving?
I drive a '99 VW Passat TDI. VW themselves recommend 15,000km oil changes for this model.
I do use full synthetic diesel oil and there are no sludges whatsoever.

2004 vy ss commodore.

>American """engineering"""

ehhh ive got my LPG ford for longevity.
LPG is fun, the oil does not even get dirty.
current oil in that old turd is like 10,000km old and still nice and golden.
hard to even tell when it needs to be replaced.

>Our VW diesel wagon is 19 years old now and has its oil changed every 15-18k kilometers and it's still perfectly fine.

I thought most old diesels had a recommended interval of 10k kms, or a year.

Full synthetic is cheaper in the long run since you don't have to change it as often, it makes sense to use it if you're a cheapskate

No, don't EVER let the injectors pump air or let air in the fuel rail if it's a common rail design. They will literally destroy themself if air runs through, and that's a bigger worry than just changing the oil.
Just fill the oil to the correct level and let the engine run a little in idle. It's a matter of seconds for the oil to flow through everything.

Disconnecting the fuel pump via the relay doesn't let any air into the system, what the hell are you even talking about

Don`t really see the point in going full synth on an old shitbox that gets oil changes once a year anyway.