/wowsg/ World of Warships general

*teleports in front of you* Edition.

****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newbie guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc

>0.6.6 LIVE
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/Update-066/

>Royal Navy LEAK
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/05/wows-king-george-v-nelson-lion-conqueror-stats-pictures/

>Latest Q&A
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/07/wows-qa-7th-june-2017/

>Haifuri premiums soon™
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/06/07/wows-hsf-harekaze-hsf-graf-spee-stats/

>Captain Skill calculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker (warships.today is RIP, press F to pay respects)
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' by antibullyranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - contact Rex1121
[BOTES] on SEA - contact Benlisquare
[BOTES] & [HOTEL] on NA - contact Prec

Last thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1gBu9dY9PGs
researcheratlarge.com/Ships/BB57/1942DamageReport/GuadalcanalDamageRpt.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Graham
wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Enterprise
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for removing Bismark from the game

2nd for ded thread

Here's Yubari

What's the point of torpedo DD in the scenario?

So, after playing US cruisers up to the Pensacola (and loving the cleveland), I've decided they're not for me.

What's a nutshell/pros and cons of all the other nation's cruiser lines?

5th for Yubari is best bote and best girl!

To make shit turn so you can shoot at something besides the bow.

>youtu.be/1gBu9dY9PGs
>People think this will kill WoWS
Looks like shit.

Well, at least it's much better than before.
So we're going in the good direction.

WoWs on the other hand...

>ship just looks like it's crawling along even at max speed
>that ridiculous overreaction when he kills that first destroyer 6 minutes in
This looks so unsatisfying.

I know that the sense of scale in WoWS is all off, but this speed looks absolutely ridiculous for flank speed. Really just feels like BB play in WoWS, with bonus controllable AA, I guess. It's tough being Wellington. ;_;

Can we PLEASE get some sort of push to have BBs nerfed? This shit is so goddamn annoying.
>Muh torpedo bulge
>Muh salvo
>Muh AA
Get fucked you limpdick unskilled faggots

who /soloyreliesondivsforwinrate/ here?

never gunna happen it's neva been done befor

>tfw don't have as much time to play as I used to
>tfw every time I div up in the discord everyone I play with seems to be chill and nice
You guys are great, love playing with you
sorry I'm not that great at the game

stfu

>I want to nerf capital ships
Good luck. They're the backbone of the game and most played. nerf them you kill the game. So either you get over yourself and not play like an idiot or you quit. Up to you.

>Muh torpedo bulge
Slowest and largest ships in the game, easiest to get torpedo hits with destroyers and especially CVs. They need that protection or they'd flood with every hit. Which they largely do anyway.

>Muh salvo
Largest guns in the game, if they don't do insane damage then they'd be weak. It's balanced by long reload times and terrible accuracy. They're really only effective against Cruisers which they're suppose to counter. They overpen destroyers and citadels on battleships have gotten harder due to citadel changes and unless they show complete broadside then you're only getting penetrations.

>Muh AA
Again, largest and slowest targets in the game. Easy pickings for CVs. Give them a little protection which is only really seen on American Battleships. You can't trust an allied cruiser to give you AA cover and you can't trust your CV to protect you unless they're maybe a div.

All in all, it's called balance, get over it.

>They overpen destroyers
Except when they don't and you lose half your HP to a single shell. Fat DDs were a mistake.

>tfw Kraut Kutie DDs
It's pain being a Lebbe

>Fat DDs
>Only Russian and some German
Good, Russian DDs are the best in the game, kill them all.

uhhh bbs have been nerfed plenty of times, remember that one patch... when they erm...

they totally got nerfed in....

They nerfed the shit out of their turning circles back in beta. And that's about it. They tried to nerf their bow armor across the board to discourage the bow on meta, but that got reverted before it made it off the PTS.

>ahistorical performance is only okay when it helps the class of ship I play
Yeah how about you go get fucked

inb4 some retard who wasn't in beta tries to claim they had historical turning circles. no. no they didn't they would have capsized irl using the game engines definition of meters

I can't remember what ship it was but there were a couple that when rudder shifted all the way to one direction, it looked like they were just going to fall the fuck over.

I rather just keep deleting stupid Cruisers who think they can turn around when fighting me.

Why do CAutistics and baDDies complain so much?

I don't get 2 things.
1) Can you use your primary guns as AA guns?
2) Do you have to kill all crew/cause detonation to kill enemy in this game?

New Mexico?

I think the most sadistic and satisfying way to nerf them is to lower their AA rating across the board so they can be roflstomped by CVs.
I don't want to stain my hands with disgusting baBBie blood, leave it to the CVnts, like it was IRL :^)

t. CAsual

>the main guns that are shit against small fast targets
Wow, it's almost as though BBs aren't meant to casually delete their counter or something??!?!?!?!

no u

What fucking retard doesn't know the detection ranges of high-tier DDs to within 100 m? Oh yeah, a spoon-fed baBBy.

You do realize that in reality cruisers were completely helpless against BBs?

One BB could have soloed a fleet of cruisers in WW2.

>join game
>slap on capslock
>watch people sperg out and rage for no reason

researcheratlarge.com/Ships/BB57/1942DamageReport/GuadalcanalDamageRpt.html

ass got torn up

God forbid BBs have to beg CAsuals for assistance against their counter.

THE KHABAROVSK

IS

ONE THICC BIH

LET ME

SEE THAT

KHAB-BUSSY

>not Grozovoi, her nerdy and pure sister

How to tell you'll lose a match in 30 seconds. He'd never played a carrier above tier 4 and his first drop was on a lone Baltimore that shredded the shit out of all his planes.

So which DD are you complaining about that needs to get within 6.5km off a battleship just to drop torps?

Wow, a Kaga, big surprise.

Oh, wallet warriors.

>muh invincible battleships

All you gotta do to dramatically decrease their combat capabilities is get close enough and pepper their superstructure with a lot of shells, and they'll be basically blind/unable to return accurate fire.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Graham
interestingly enough there was a literal 12 yearold playing sailor on board that day

:thinking:

Beat up but never sank. The US didn't lose a single battleship after Pearl Harbor for the entirety of the war.

>except this o-one time
top kek

>Surprise attack they didn't know was coming
>Wasn't even in the war yet
>Still repaired most of the ships damaged save for 2

all of these statements other than the last which is just mostly false, are false and have been for some time. FDR knew the entire time he was just an incompetent/scheming retard. The US was in the war the instant lend lease started, you would have to be a geopolitical limpdick or intentionally playing retarded to think otherwise :^)

How could the Navy not be aware that he was underage?
What the fuck...Didn't they require some documents before enlisting, and anyway he really looks like a child in that photo...
Something is off about that story, i bet he had to succ some sailor to be accepted.

dude signals lamo

Battleships only sunk to subs and planes never other ships, especially cruisers. Be happy cruisers have some role in this game because in reality they were support ships protecting capital ships. I like it better when you're sucking my big battleship dick more.

what about that time the ijn sent a large force of heavycruisers as their main component to btfo america off that island, and then they did it again, and then they did it again, and then they did it again, and then they did it again, and then they didn't but lol america had 17 times larger economy yet got btfo for like a year

"No".

Except she didn't sink, you illiterate piece of shit.

Wrong. You are not in the war officially until you declare war on each other.

see

>what about that time the ijn sent a large force of heavycruisers as their main component to btfo america off that island
They only did it once at Savo island. And the guy got fired for not going after the transports because he was just as big of a moron.

You are retarded linking me to the same post I replied to.

see

See what? That your mentality is lower than a baby's?

listen

fuck off retard just see

Why did WG allow tier 5s into scenarios? It's bad enough I have to deal with BB and DD players being fucking useless in here, but they could at least bring a better ship for the job.

because I wanna bring my grem

So you guys don't know anything lol.

lol fuck off retard

Amazing when you think these threads can't get any worse and then you're proven wrong.

2/2/2 for USN CV when?

>*unzips merchant*

here you goy. wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Enterprise

>I still don't know what this Ching chong animoo ship girl thing is called

Which one?

DUDE TEARS OF THE DESERT LMAO

DUDE TRY TO PUSH AND GET TARGETED BY EVERY ENEMY SHIP DUE TO THIS SHIT MAP DESIGN LMAO

fuck you wargaming

>I'm still too stupid to click any number of the image search buttons and get my answer in 2 seconds
Update us if you ever manage to de-retard.

Gro-bussy just doesn't have the same ring

Yeah, just saw it on a stream.
It's a giant piece of shit.

Going to the server versus server clash. 2 PM EST on the 17th.

Streaming
Izo and Flamu (EU)
Mejash and KamiSamurai (NA)

I love Kancolle and even I think you're better off not knowing what it is

>Not specifying the time in UTC
I hope you lose

6 PM UTC

>12 h clock
I hope you get dev struck

When do you guys think the Alabama will be for Sale again? I'm a real sucker for American BBs

>That damage
>Those ribbons
>that xp
>that free xp
>that money
Dude what the fuck, did you cap ALL the points?

After playing US cruisers up to the Pensacola (and loving the cleveland), I've decided they're not for me.

What's a nutshell/pros and cons of all the other nation's cruiser lines? What are they good at doing, and what are they bad at?

Pensa is pleb filter, don't feel too hard on yourself, real men got all the way to the Des Moines pre buffs

DUDE: SIGNALS
LAMOOOOO!!!!

Do the baltimore and des moines at least play like a cleveland? The culture shock from transitioning to the pensa is frustrating.

But Pensa is a great bote.

>IJN
Pros: Hard-hitting guns, lots of guns, torps
Cons: Horribad torp angles, poor AA

>USN
Pros: USN AP is bae, AA
Cons: No torps, slow shell velocity, your AA advantage only matters when there are CVs in your game

>KM
Pros: Good AP, now completely awesome HE (albeit with low fire chance), has torps with good angles, somehow has great AA even though it's not the line's advantage))))
Cons: Fewer guns for most of the line, few torps, good AP means nothing when autobounce exists

>VMF
Pros: Good HE spam, lots of fires, fast shell velocity, "torps"
Cons: Torps have nearly unusable range, turns like an Iowa, poor AA

>RN
Pros: Fast-firing guns, smoke, heal, torps
Cons: Enjoy your autobounce angles lmao, enjoy your noarmor lmao

>MN
Pros: FASD bote, FASD turrets, torps
Cons: Few torps, ...and you thought the Russians had poor armor...

High alpha is not what makes AP 'good'. KM AP is middling at best.

Point to me where in my post did I say KM AP had high alpha.

Point me to any other aspect of KM AP that is superior to the AP of other navies.

Penetration((((((((((((((((((((((

I only have a 10 point captain on my Akizuki at the moment. Should I go for IFHE or Concealment first?

Concealment.

>use bismarck campaign flags for juicy daily
>defeat
well atleast it was base exp but jesus christ can this game stop doing this everytime i try

so on the subject of elite exp that can train other captains, is the exp that has been collecting on elite ships count after i reach 19pt captain or?

is it still a lot of exp to train other captains or can you at least get a 10pt one fairly fast?

When did Cruiser mains become so unbearable? Jesus Fuck, kill them all, BBs.

nevermind, found some forum posts like i should have looked for

>My Bismarck vs NC
>Fire a broadside at him
>10K damage
>travel directly away from him
>he fires a broadside at me
>16K damage

What am I doing wrong?

HMS Furious when?

>get 3 single fires throughout a game
>take 37K total damage from them
>never repaired because too paranoid to waste a repair on a single fire