Other urls found in this thread:

autoguide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Kia_emblem-m.jpg
hooktube.com/watch?v=tSWQTkbTYIQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Specs

More info :

1. Available in either RWD or AWD.

2. 8 Speed Automatic Transmission

3. On GT Trims, the brakes are 4Piston Brembo up front and 2Piston at the rear.

4. Comes with a spare tire.

Willow Springs Lap Time

Wish it wasn't so pigfat though.

The Interior

a shame it is not so much like the concept
and it should come with the more stylish emblem
autoguide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Kia_emblem-m.jpg

engines give the impression of being torque orientated
would be interesting to see what could be done after market

perhaps next iteration will have a more advanced platform
kia are not that far into the game yet and would need more capital and a better image to risk development cost of that kind

Hoping for a 2-door variant with a manual + V8 option. I wanna see what that Tau V8 can do in a sports coupe.

>all those controls on the steering wheel.
nice interior apart from that honestly. maybe the screen could be a bit smaller though.

>That cinematography
Where is it?

>you can ACTUALLY TURN THE NANNIES OFF
Based.

it autonomously drove off a cliff after realizing it was a kia

Boomers cant drive for shit

>randy pobst
>boomer

no

Damn that's actually pretty nice.

>slower than a Focus

hhmm

Streets of Willow is a relatively short and tight track, it tends to favor the kinds of cars that might do well at an autocross course. I imagine the Kia would do better relative to a Focus ST on a larger track where it can really open up the engine.

Seems like the Stinger GT needs some aftermarket suspension bits to really be a great driver, but that seems to be other only really weak point (other than weight) and it's one that can be easily solved.

I can't wait for these to be hit with Kia depreciation and pick one up really cheap in a couple of years.

No Tau V8?

Man I actually fucking want one so bad now.

I'll probably pick up one for 20k a year or so down the line.

That's for the even bigger K900. And the Theta II block is stout enough to hold big power. A single turbo swap and a coilover suspension away from being a genuine M fighter.

Not bad for their first try out of the gate. Looking forward to seeing it go racing and what improvements they can find.

>big sedan
>hatch back
>tons of cargo space
>looks decent
>can pull 0-60 under 5 seconds which is reasonable fast for normal traffic driving

Not too shabby.

FIAT BTFO
I
A
T

B
T
F
O

>had to go into a sandy area to break the rear end loose.

Every car looks identical these days, how boring

[Understeer intensifies]
But pretty damn sexy for a kia

>4.8 sec

My toyota corolla xrs goes 0-60 in 3.5. AWD. 354HP.

for a kia it looks fantastic

(you)

So wait, they marketed it as a sporty 3-series competitor that did all its testing on track via the Burger King. So why does it end up not being so great on the track and clearly a tourer over a track day car?

Still looks pretty neat but the mindset is a little odd here.

>cheap FWD hot hatch is faster than the Korean M3
Hmmm

>Aluminum block
>Aluminum head

This thing will drop like a rock in depreciation with the stock engine.

If I can get a good deal on one of these I'm definitely gonna buy one. Always like supporting the underdog. Also I want this to succeed so we can have more Kia M cars in the future

Hahaha holy shit this car sucks

not too shabby Kia
few more cars like this and no big blunders and you may get some respect

hes 60 years old

he is indeed a boomer

>boomer = old dude

no

>"The only generation we do define is Baby Boomers and that year bracket is from 1946 to 1964."

he was born in 1957

hes a boomer

Oh right, I forgot you're a retarded tripfag

lol people literally get mad over facts

poor user mad hes a retard and tries to derail the thread with shitposting

no surprise here

gg user

lmfao! I've seen this meme before but i didn't realize it was Stefan until now. Is he a meme on Veeky Forums?

>poor user mad hes a retard and tries to derail the thread with shitposting

are you talking about yourself?

Because that's exactly what the 3-series is? You didn't think that "Ultimate Driving Machine" meant at the track, did you? The only track-machine 3-series is the M3.

>not too shabby
>beaten by a focus st

kek

I'm pretty sure the 3 series is at least faster than the ST.

>no manual option
come on now, just slap on those excess Gen coupe tranny's you have lying around. there are niggas making 400-500 almost 600 hp and tq with the stock m6vr2 so it obviously hold the power and then some on this shit

Does it have fucked up loud music like all MT?

Atleast it's Randy, he is a pretty cool guy.

Why are single bar tail lights a thing lately? Dodges, Porsches, etc.

Porsche and Dodge are both doing it as a throwback thing.

As for the other brands that started doing it (Lincoln, Audi), probably the same thing.

>implying they didn't do this because it looks cooler than a standard powerslide

They look nice when done right. They can also charge a shit ton for replacements cause they're wicked expensive. Also people will be less likely to replace them by themselves if they're more complex if they break.

Essentially, old school look, looks nice, and profit

They're fucking radical. The real question is why uni-headlights aren't a thing right now.

the looks kind of remind me of a pontiac

Wait a second, was this a paid ad for Kia?

They didnt't give it any shit at all?

>got a Genesis ad on this video
Hmmmm

This is fucking CGI isn't it? The car moves so unnaturally.

It was less about its competition and more how it was marketed, with the track testing and all.

>it's great
>for a Kia
On paper it looks fine, the only thing holding it back is that it's a Kia. I think he also complained about it being fat and heavy.

>fat and heavy
Irs a modern car, its pretty much bound to happen

Apparently the g70 is supposed to be lighter

>ads
>the current year
>any year

hooktube.com/watch?v=tSWQTkbTYIQ

>0-60 in 4.8 seconds
>4,000 pounds

Optima GTS killed it at the PWC, I've been waiting for Kia to actually try something for a while, for a first try this is pretty good. Feels like what the Optima really wanted to be but wasn't ready for yet. Kia has really been trying to claw its way upmarket and it looks like it might actually manage to depending on how the stinger sells.

I wanna see what they do for the race version

>4,006 THOUSAND POUNDS

jeez

>four thousand thousand

thats the joke mane

>four thousand ninety-nine US pounds

>slower than a fwd turbo 4 hot hatch
>slower than a turbo 4 camaro
>only 2/10ths of a second faster than a v6 mustang with 2 less turbos
>barely faster than a 2.0t genesis coupe
>only a second faster around the track than a miata

As neat as I think this car is, and appreciate what it means for kia,. this thing is not remarkable in any way as far as actual performance goes.

Why would it be, it's their first crack at anything that isn't a complete El cheapo shitbox. I wanna see what the stripped out race version manages to do.

Its really going to come down at how the car is priced. If its pricing reflects that of the cars its trying to compete with its going to do well, otherwise I cant see it being anything other than what the LS400 was for toyota; a car they lose money on just to establish a brand image

It's a fat performance sedan that can fit five. Pretty good considering

>1,998cc
>marketed as 2.0L
Why is this allowed?

Sig figs retard

Could be worse, VW's 2.slow is actually 1984cc.

>I wanna see what the stripped out race version manages to do
It might be a 10th of a second faster than a SS Camaro.

BMW does the opposite IIRC.

Slower than a 4 cylinder camaro?
Slower than a 5 yr old Focus?

Sux to be Kia (again).

BMW is calling. They want their design back (again).

>amerifags can't round

>Wait a second, was this a paid ad for Kia?

The hyundai/kia internet marketing dollars have been out in force the past week or so. Lot's of "hyundai is cool" and "kia is cool" threads.

> at the end of the day, it's still a kia

literally this
don't fall for the shillery

>It might be a 10th of a second faster than a SS Camaro.

the rear looks weird and similar to an outdated maserati. those tail lights look a lot like the maserati levante. from the side that line extended for the tail lights look weird, doesn't fit the design.
i like the front, rims, and rear exhaust

>fake tips
into the fucking trash

Everyone has to do this, its a safety regulation.

t. Merc-driver who needs to shit on better cars to inflate his ego

that interior is going to age badly

that doesn't make it good

>a fucking Kia
>better than a Merc
555-come-on-now.jpg

For the price. For $32k you can't find a Merc that drives better. And to get a Merc that drives better and is not just faster you need to spend real bucks.

Holy Beautiful

Streets of Willow looks like a buttplug.

The genesis threads are unbearable.

t. bmw-cuck

Uh what the fuck are you talking about? Current year WRX's don't do this and there are a number of other cars that don't, either.

It's a nice car for the price, but I dunno if I could call it truly ground breaking in any way. Now if the V6TT GT trim was cheap enough then it might be a showstopper. The Charger R/T starts at $35k and it's a worse car.

Yeah I don't call it groud breaking, but it is for Kia. Shows a new direction kinda. And the GT being $32k is cheap enough.

>suggests FCA garbage

please don't

>And the GT being $32k is cheap enough.
I wonder if it'll encourage other companies to make more rwd sedans/vehicles

The BASE PRICE of the car is $32k. The GT is the upper trim.

Ok in that case. In the video it had the specs and said Stinger GT and then the price estimate was $32k so I thought it specifically meant the GT trim.

If you guys think you're going to be getting a twin turbo V6 faux-lux sports sedan for $32k,
you're going to be very, very disappointed.

Is Mercedes going to sue?

I have no idea of the car prices in America compare. For all I know $42k might still be really good. The car tax here in Europoor land means that even when the GT trim would be $42k it will probably cost €70k here

They always do stuff like that. They'll review something like a Camry or Accord with a V6 and say lots of nice things about it, mention something in passing about the lesser versions, then have some tag line about "Start at just over $20,000..." without explicitly saying that the fun version is over 30 grand.