/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #788 - Bubsy edition.

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0
timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20170612T171500&p0=179&msg=YouTube Live @ E3 (includes Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces)&font=cursive
youtu.be/FFh65r1RpLk?t=5m54s
youtube.com/watch?v=l1kL3jSu6mY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Little girls getting shot, edgy hedgehog trying to kill humanity, and an actual execution
>Not edgy

FAST

What could possibly go wrong?

Is the ! shirt something I can wear in public without being mistaken for a Bubsy fan?

Maria wasn't shown getting shot until Shadow's game. Nice try, memer.

What could pawsibly go wrong?

Has the comic situation reached the point where even if the Sonic comics come back, they can't just continue where they left off and will need a relaunch of some sort?

Pontiac and Braff deserve to be gassed

How can Mania and Forces even compete?
youtube.com/watch?v=5RHdrmZsNs0

at least it's not another gay edition

or Sparky edition

She still died

>Braff
Zach Braff writes for Sonic?

I honestly don't know. I'd like to atleast see Overdrive & the issues leading to 300 & 100 for Universe come out, if the comic is gonna go tits up.

No shit. She was sick and it was 50 years later in the game. When it occurred and what caused it was not known until later.

They can't. Its over. We had might as well turn this place into Bubsy general.

If they were to relaunch and at least wanted to keep the FFs, they should do a HARD relaunch to the very beginning of the continuity. Basically set it where issue 1 of the comics was set (Except maybe with Bunnie there, don't want EVERYTHING to be the same), and none of the games are adapted at that point. You can adapt them as you go down the line, reintroduce characters like Knuckles and Shadow properly and slowly build things back up, but differently. And yes, this does mean undoing everyone's development (And Nicole losing her lynx form) but it's better than starting where everything's already happened

I think if it continues, we're getting new #1s for both books. Probably a shitty "New" added to the title of the books. "New Sonic the Hedgehog #1"

Nah, they'll just pick back up. There's no need for another reboot.

You'd be mistaken for an MGS fan more likely.

countdown to youtube's e3 coverage (which includes Forces and Mania):

timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20170612T171500&p0=179&msg=YouTube Live @ E3 (includes Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces)&font=cursive

Less Autism, More StC.
I dump this cover because why not?

Maybe SEGA might force Archie to only use the game characters from now on.

It's not like it would really make a difference at this point. The FFs were just there most of the time. I'll miss the Egg-Bosses, though.

That would not pay off in the long run. In any medium, someone has to get the short end of the stick. In the comics, that's the FF. In the games, that's luminaries like Knuckles and golden geese like Shadow.

/r Shadow dressed up as a giant golden goose.

I admire Robotnik's ability to remain psychologically intimidating while still behind bars. Fleetway Robotnik tended to have a more "rotten" streak I found.
What do you think the dream was?

Have Silver dressed as a chicken or whatever the fuck this is instead.

This dungeon is a hell of a facility for Sonic's secret underground base. Sturdy construction, steel fittings. I mean do they have plumbing down there?

Also
When you see it...

Makin bacon.

See what? That Eggman's nose looks like a dick or that he's an alcoholic?

This though-

They already ended. Sega hated them because they had characters and plots beyond Sonic saying "Baldy McNosehair" endlessly and Archie wanted them to die because they weren't Archie.

I wanna punch the rodent.

Hey now, they're "still in talks." In the meantime, have you watch Riverdale on the CW?

What if they were Archie with Baldy McNosehair together?

What if we just have Archie holding Classic Sonic while standing in Green Hill zone for 12 pages, repeating the phrase "Baldy McNosehair" over and over?

It looks weird but I don't know why. The eyes and mouth look off

> that he's an alcoholic?
Blame here rightly attaches to Sonic you know. Who sends an interrogator down alone to interview a prisoner?

Riverdale would be cancelled. THIS would be the hottest thing Archie will put on television.

Have another

What is up with Knuckles mouth?

I WANT OUT OF THIS TIMELINE! MEMES ARE MAKING THINGS ALIVE AGAIN! NEXT THING YOU KNOW THERE WILL BE A NEW GEX OR CROC GAME.

You mean besides the gunshot that was heard?

youtu.be/FFh65r1RpLk?t=5m54s

That's his original lip curl/smirk/tic. It's from his official Sonic 3 artwork, which I'm sure someone will post.
Only now is Sonic all safety first.
This seems to all be going just as according to keikaku for Robotnik. Or is he improvising and bagging the Chaos Emeralds along with the escape?
For those of you windering how Knuckles got here....

Hey you guys wanna hear a funny shitpost? So in "Spacemageddonapocalypse", Sticks doesn't have blue eyes in the mir-
WHAT DO YOU MEAN RUNNERS ADVENTURE IS OUT IN RUSSIA

I don't like this

Man, Sonic is just talking all sorts of shit to Porker

Last one

I want Fleetway Sonic and Boom Shadow to talk absolute smack to each other.

>trusting Porker with anything
>ever

>have an orthodontist appt at the same time

Not even being a neet can save me.

maybe it's just the angle but his head seems too wide. I'm also not like this simple :| and :/ mouths on all the models

Did someone say orthodontist?
This. Page.
So, Robotnik has a transmitter in his tooth, but it doesn't summon Badniks. It summons Knuckles, who has the receiver in his Skull? This is ... I don't know where to begin here.

Re-schedule, nigger.

OH FUUUCK
I THOUGHT THE TIME WAS GREAT FOR ME BASED ON THE UK TIMEZONE
BUT IT TURNS OUT THE FUCKING LIMEYS CHANGED THEIR TIME AND NOW ITS OGRE
REEEEEEEEEE

At least you can go to those you fuck.

Why would he agree to such a thing?

Who knows Clarice?
This really is coming up Keikaku for Robotnik & Knuckles.

This all seems very familiar somehow...

Eggman looks more interested in something else just off panel.

OK Guys, Times up.
The answer to tonight's scrambled movie title was: Silence of the Lambs.

Here's a little question of mine:

Have we heard any voice clips from forces yet?

I don't think they have.

Do you think we'll be getting a new voice cast?

I dunno I'm probably just stupid for making all this speculation bullshit anyway.

In Sonic Adventure 2's japanese version, Eggman says that Tails is 100 years too young to be fighting him. What did he mean by this?

Yes,Team Chaotix,Sonic,Amy and Knuckles all still have their voices, Silver however sounds different.

Park Avenue Modern was reported to characters talking to you via radio. We just haven't seen any footage with it yet.

It would take Tails 100 years of experience and intellectual development to be a challenge for Eggman.

The Modern Sonic footage sounds like Smith when he attacks the Egg Pawns. He goes "TAKE THIS!"

Source?

Neat

I think it was GameInformer who reported it.

Does Tikal ever make a canonical reappearance in any later games?

Also, does anyone have higher rez version of the SA1 ending images?

As if GameInformer would know anything about Silver and his voice actor.

>Have we heard any voice clips from forces yet?
No.

>Do you think we'll be getting a new voice cast?
Probably not. I think the last VA change was Espio a year or so ago.

Why did Sonic 06 ruin Omega by making him a generic and completely toneless robot?

Omega's bloodthirst, disdain for other Eggman robots and the way it's characterized (more so in the comics than games) is hilarious and what makes him one of the best characters in the franchise.

No, though Chaos 0 does appear in Battle.

Probably because Sonic 06 isn't a particularly well written game.

>Do you think we'll be getting a new voice cast?
for some reason I feel like Shadow and Silver will get new voice actors or at their current VAs will being doing them differently e.g. how Amy was voiced in Generations vs Lost World but managed to sound completely different

I think most people really dislike Shadow's VA and the one single line we heard from Silver wasn't great either. I could see something being changed for these two

I want David Humphrey back.

Maybe if he actually learned to act.

It's probably gonna be the same voice cast from the Rio 2016 game.

How about you learn how to post first?

Is there people who really think that Sonic 06 is better than Unleashed?

I know it's their opinion but I feel that's pretty jarring.

Did they ever use Pachacamac's name in SA1, or was it just used in the manual?
Or did one of the Echidnas say it?

> This is the first result on Youtube for a Sonic 06 playthrough vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=l1kL3jSu6mY

>Use Where To Today for memus
>Levels use the original fucking Genesis version of Green Hill Zone instead of Beyond the Speed Of...
Shit game 0/10

Probably somewhere.
They're wrong, of course, but I'm sure they must exist.

user what are you talking about

I'm gonna replay colors. I honestly always liked it less than Gens and Unleashed but I wanna see if that has changed over the years.

Can't be worse than Lost World.

Some echidnas say his name and others simply refer to him as the Chief.

>hate Roger in Colors
>warm up to Roger in Generations
>love Roger in Lost World

There are people who think Sonic 06 is better than Adventure 1/2, Colors, Unleashed, and even the Genesis games. If you go to any youtube video that shows the story cutscenes (especially for Silver and Blaze for some reason), you'll see these people in the comments section. They exist. They are either very young and blinded by nostalgia or very autistic.

Colors is actually my favorite of the Boost Trilogy, hope you enjoy it user!

Boom Sonic is what made me how GOOD Roger can be as a sonic voice. Like I almost think he sounds perfect for him.

Still inferior to Drummond, but all of us already know that, right?

Drummond was OK but honestly I like them about equal being honest. Just for very different reasons.

No, Drummond was horrible.

Jason (Unleashed) > Ryan > Roger > Jason

Don't start.

No, I am not having this fucking argument in this fucking general again.

HOW? He was what Sonic was supposed to sound like.

Nothing is worse than Drummond. Not in DB. Not in Sonic.