Veeky Forums I live in california and really want to buy a imported R32 GTR...

Veeky Forums I live in california and really want to buy a imported R32 GTR. I know it'll be a bitch but I think it would be worth it in the long run. Since registering in California would probably be impossible, how hard would it be to register with family I have in other states? (I have family in Oregon, Pennsylvania, New Mexico, and Oklahoma)

Anyone here successfully do this? Also any reasons why I should not?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/1991-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32/6307853801.html
dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/vr/smogfaq#BM2539
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>California

hahahahahaha

oh man

hahahahahahaha

Register in another state or buy one from importavehicle, they have cali compliant stuff

>Since registering in California would probably be impossible
its possible, just really expensive.

>Anyone here successfully do this?
import an R32 GT-R? yes. There are multiple anons that own R32 GT-R's

but import an R32 GT-R to california? No.

Why don't you do some research instead of asking on Veeky Forums.

PA native
Don't register it here. We're a state in which you have to get yearly inspections and if you don't have a friend in the garage business, you'll get shafted. They'll fail you for stupid shit. If you can get registered in a state that doesn't require yearly safety inspections, do it.

ausfag here, someone explain why commifornia makes it so hard to do anything with cars, like registering an import vehicle or modifying it.

Emissions

Talk to Sean Morris at International Vehicle Importers

This, I hate PA inspections. That's the one thing NJ does better, their inspections are emissions-only at a state inspection station. You can pass just about anything there, pic related.

Iowafag here
Our state doesn't have inspections.
(Thank fucking God).
I actually bought one, waiting for it to arrive.

I'd say Google to see which states don't require yearly inspections and register it with family there.

maybe you should stop living in california like a *literal* faggot

OP is likely a queer irl just need everyone to know this

PS op my state doesn't do safety inspections, emissions tests, or any kind of checks of any kind

>Our state doesn't have inspections.
>(Thank fucking God).

Yeah but you live in Iowa, inspections would be the last thing I'd be worried about because I'd be saving up every penny to move the fuck out of that shitty state

pic related is registered in California, its still possible to have fun with cars in California if you aren't stupid or poor.

Is it stupid AND poor, or stupid OR poor?

Because I feel like your disqualifying a majority of Californian citizens ITT

>emissions
thats so gay of them.
Anyway California is the containing state of nutjobs.

Saw this in Irvine, California today.

>BC custom plate

It's a leaf, lad. Multiple R34 GT-Rs are making their way over already.

ITT: literal fly-overs who are always surprised to learn that california does not have regular vehicle inspections

Also it's about $10000 on top of the price of the GTR to bring into compliance in CA afterwards, it's legal to register.

here's a legal r32 gtr for sale op. but from the way the post is written, it's likely that the owner died and the wife is trying to get rid of it

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/1991-nissan-skyline-gtr-r32/6307853801.html

Jesus fuck, look at those specimens.

>cuckifornian trying to defend his garbage-tier state

Enjoy your ACN-91 gas

HAHAHA

ANOTHER CALIFAG JUSTIFYING THE SHITTY LAWS

HAHAHAHA
HAHHA
HAHAH

THE STATE IS LITERALLY ROBBING YOU BLIND AND YOU MAKE EXCUSES FOR IT

FUCKING LMAO

lol yeah, because being able to breathe is so bad
yeah taxes soooo bad, it's like we don't have any of the best public institutions in the country

Las Cruces, NM has no regulations on that sort of thing. I lived there for a year or so and made sure to get the maximum allotted time to hold onto those plates. I moved back to Virginia, and holy shit we suck. Emissions and Inspection. Then again, the car I had wouldn't fail either, but its a pain in the ass, and costs a chunk of change. So i'm glad I got 2 year tags and didn't have to pay VA anything for that time.

>it's like we don't have any of the best public institutions in the country

Now I know you're trolling

>implying I wasn't always trolling

>gee golly Cletus I sure am glad I was born in the same god damn town I never left and make $23k a year working with Pa at the old mill, but at least I don't have to smog my car like them fags out in California
I never know whether to feel sorry for or laugh at these flyover cucks

Rivsu imports

I have a rhd import I am looking to register, live in california. Should I just register in another state? went to the dmv this week and obviously I need to smog it, which a high-octane burning engine will never pass. Help appreciated

you'll need to bring it into CA compliance or else register it out of state.

>what is net profit
your leased MB CLA doesn't mean shit when you don't actually own anything in your house, to include your house

>SF
get a P.O. box in a non smog county and register the car there

all counties in california are smog counties.

dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&urile=wcm:path:/dmv_content_en/dmv/vr/smogfaq#BM2539

Counties that Require a Smog Inspection for Vehicle Registration Renewal
Alameda
Butte
Colusa
Contra Costa
Fresno
Glenn
Kern
Kings
Los Angeles
Madera
Marin
Merced
Monterey
Napa
Nevada
Orange
Sacramento
San Benito
San Francisco
San Joaquin
San Luis Obispo
San Mateo
Santa Barbara
Santa Clara
Santa Cruz
Shasta
Solano
Stanislaus
Sutter
Tehama
Tulare
Ventura
Yolo
Yuba

counties like Lake don't need smog

Step 1: Move out of cali
Step 2: Import GTR
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Proffit.

registered mine in Arizona. Just have an address of a relative in one of those states and you should be good.

how do you do that? Heard of someone registering their car in florida but would your relatives have to go to the dmv?

how did you prove your residency? Or did you register in another name?

I used to live in az because of school. Relative now lives in that house.

so if i can get a rent statement or some shit it would count as residency?