/ovg/ - /missIRP/ edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Aussie Racing cars. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/AKdvzdf
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZV329jI6Qg
discord.gg/V7CYNag
clyp.it/2uvegu0i
vocaroo.com/i/s1fY8CHe7Dp3
vocaroo.com/i/s06TOLNbJGKL
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for RR3

2nd for the link to the official /ovg/ discord: discord.gg/AKdvzdf

>no NFS license plate
>first monologue ends with DRIVE
Drive was released in 2011
tick of the clock was released in 2007
either criterion/EA were doing a DRIVE game, or the DRIVE game was too similiar to NFS and they canned it

>SJ
>960x540
checks out

noone cared who i was until i put on the trip

I've some real liveries from PCARS2 beta that were removed from game because of strict licensing. If I would upload them, would any of you post them on Race Department with screenshot or two? I'm afraid being tracked by SMS.
liveries are:
#70 and #100 Aston Martin Vantage Nurb 24H 2014 Aston Martin Test Centre
2 Nissan GT3 liveries from Bathurst 12h race
Mini RX Guerlain Chicherit livery 2015 and 2016 variants
Some Nissan R89C liveries

Gonna post the same shit

What about another GT6 series? Like the *last* one.
Gran Turismo Classics i.e. Gran Turismo Sport Hype Train

SUNDAY CUP
Every sunday, two quick races.

Week 1 - Oct 1
High Speed Ring - 5 minutes qualify, 5 laps race.
Trial Mountain - 5 minutes qualify, 5 laps race.

Week 2 - Oct 8
Gran Valley East - 5 minutes qualify, 5 laps race.
SS5 Clubman - 5 minutes qualify, 5 laps race.

Week 3 - Oct 15
Autumn Ring Mini - 5 minutes qualify, 5 laps race.
Deep Forest - 5 minutes qualify, 5 laps race.

Road cars only, 2006 or earlier, 430PP (or 460PP) or less, sports hard or less.

C A T E R H A M
A
T
E
R
H
A
M

idk I liked driving a non shit car on non shit tires for the enduro

Project CARS 2 (v1 1 2 0 + 2 DLCs + Multiplayer, MULTi12) [FitGirl Repack] (Size:18.22 GB)

>[FitGirl Repack]

does it have a feminine penis?

no but it has a feminine botnet

>mumblr users don't use dicsord because muh chinese botnets
>download and install games from the chinese
no the REAL reason you fuckers aren't using the superior text chat client is because you're all too scared of losing your precious admin rights and too much of a massive pussy to ask paul to give them on discord

at least im saving 60 bucks

whats discord offering me

a mobile app that doesn't suck balls
changing your username yourself
kids to bully
image attachements

not worth 60 bucks

it's worth everything
a game to meme and make webms of is an evening
dumping your tubby collection is for eternity

Finally. The only review that matter.
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZV329jI6Qg

t. pastor

Forza shill just posting stuff from last thread. First race on oct 6th on Nordschleife. discord.gg/V7CYNag
Also guess who just caught their lawn mower on fire on accident

This guy is fucking hilarious.

>WAB
iirc this guy reviewed the crew by talking about tdu2 for 10 mins
his opinion is irrelevant

>on accident
reeeeee. its by accident
are you a yank?

probably a funny greek/danish/french guy

yes

He's got me sold on this VR stuff, any of you guys have a VR setup?

Mustang is the best GT4 car right?

i see
its not your fault you were taught to speak american

I think we're really itching for a spec series at this point.

On an unrelated note, here's the tune of the GV300 winning car, that no one asked for. I wonder if anyone can beat the race's lap record with it? I couldn't come close.

>implying /ovg/ can afford VR

i bought dk2 recently. best choice i ever made

>implying we can't
>tfw not as many racan games as I hoped for this
>tfw didn't just buy the oculous instead.

Post your guitar

Custom Martin X series, just my knockaround.

Sound sample with some pretty old strings

clyp.it/2uvegu0i

How do we fix PCARS 2?

different user here
Nice! I'll be sure to sample this and not give you any credit or royalties.

With PCARS 3

2019!

I mean go for it, just some shit I noodled

I backtraced it
vocaroo.com/i/s1fY8CHe7Dp3

>Putting the eye-cancer standard model in focus
For what purpose?

Neat

Literally just fix the AI and it goes from a 7/10 to a 9/10 game. They don't even crash that much on me, it's mainly just their inconsistent performance that annoys me.
>Knockhill
>75% difficulty
>2 seconds ahead of leader
>Silverston3
>60%
>3 seconds behind
They run on different physics than the player and it makes them impossibly good at some things and dogshit at others

The rest of the game is pretty great, especially with Jacks FFB I just downloaded

I suck at photoshoot

I know those feels

the absolute state of video game photography

Hmm

is this what they mean when they say racing your mirrors ?

shiet, this 12k uber hd texture and metal shader got me fooled for a second. nice

literally only thing that stands out are those lego tyres, but even that could be fixed with slower shutter speed if you have this kind of option in your game

who baja:eoc here

Explain this absolute state meme, I'm not up to date, been in jail for 8 months.

but shutter speed was set to zero
forzas shutter speed is really just a motion blur slider desu. it has no discernible effect on static scenes as far as i know

my pics from GT4 are much worse, so I consider a improvement

yeah, that's precisely what shutter speed does. wheel was rotating, so tyre would get blurred a bit and so it wouldn't look like a lego piece.

on the other hand, it wouldn't look nice with entire car blurry, so it depends on their implementation. if it's possible to pick car as a "target" and background as something that blurs, it'd definitely work better with a little bit of blur because of blurry wheels

but it doesnt affect light levels like shutter speed would iirc
you can focus on anything you can see including the car

assetto with fanmade postprocessing filters renders out of focus bits rather nicely

vocaroo.com/i/s06TOLNbJGKL

Is that that Baja edge of control?

In HD

ye

>95gb

>midair controls
What is this, mario kart: Baja edition?

The game was trash when it was new and it was trash now, I have no idea why it got a re release and even less of an idea of why the hell people are playing it.

it would be phenomenally difficult to play without it, desu.

When you play with a wheel you can only turn in midair. It's rather minimal and you can change the angle of a vehicle in mid air by steering spinning wheels IRL just not like that.

because it's actually good you cunt

FUCKING PROJECT CARS 2 KEEPS CRASHING ON ME

Screen suddenly goes black and my monitor goes to standby mode. What the fuck? Does anyone have an idea what's going on here? Shadow Warrior 2 did this too.

My only guess that it's either of these:
>PSU failure
>RAM failure
>motherboard is fucked

Does anyone with more technical expertise know what's going on here? Truth is, the PSU doesn't have quite the right connector to my GPU so I had to use an adapter which might be causing issues, then again, same shit happened to my previous card and I was using an adapter too.

All other games work fine.

Pull your CPU out and look for bent pins.

what kind of psu is that? does your graphics driver throws some kind of error after restoring display?

download occt, run psu stress test, watch charts. it should tell you if your psu is indeed shit (it probably is, every proper psu has 6+2 gpu connectors now)

It doesn't restore display. I have to restart my computer because it hangs up hard. The event viewer or any other kind of debug shit doesn't even show me what's going on so I literally have no idea.

It's a meh-brand PSU so it might be the issue. I bought it quickly because my previous one didn't work with a new GPU back in 2013. Gonna do memtest and that app you recommended but I'm probably gonna change the PSU anyways because I'm not sure the app can actually test the connection with GPU.

I don't think it's the CPU. I haven't taken it out since putting it in for the first time. It's a non-OC i5 2500k so it should work reliably I guess.

Delete GameData\Shared from coreshaders.mas

In game's folders? I'm away from my main computer so I'll try this later.

he's being funny

So... what happens if I do that?

I'm kinda desperate for solutions at this point.

It's not even in the game folder. It's an old meme. Does SMS not have some kind of support? Otherwise try the Steam forums

Well I don't think they can help as this isn't exactly the game's issue. I can't tell why does PCARS2 or Shadow Warrior cause this issue but it must be that those games put heavy load on something, be that CPU or GPU and therefore require more power from PSU I guess? Or maybe it's that they're RAM heavy?

Either way, it's a hardware issue on my side. I've checked all solutions I could find on google and the only thing that might work is just getting new hardware - problem is, I'm not sure which things do I need. I kinda wanna stay away from getting a new Mobo because it's hard to find one for a 2011 CPU socket.

have you checked your temperatures while playing?

i bet on psu, especially if you use noname piece of shit. not long time ago (wait, it was long time ago) i've connected crappy old psu to gtx560 and it was resetting on load. as it turned out, my psu had couple of weak lines instead of one but stronger, so i had to check which cables are different and then combine them together with 4pin ata molex -> 6pin to power gpu without problems. after realizing that i switched psu and it was all fine.

Yep. All fine.

Well the issue here is that the computer is not exactly resetting. My best guess is that it's cutting power from the GPU which causes it to hang up hard as well as stop sending visual signal which leads to the monitor showing black screen and essentially turning itself off (into standby).

>so i had to check which cables are different and then combine them together with 4pin ata molex -> 6pin to power gpu without problems
This is exactly how my GPU is set up right now and while that works with most games, I'm afraid it might not be working well here. What are the chances that this is the issue?

>after realizing that i switched psu and it was all fine.
Are you saying you did that molex -> 6pin on your old PSU and then got a new one which made it work?

molex -> 6pin takes two ata molex and combines them into one 6-pin. I had to take two ata molex-es from two different lines to one 6-pin in order to power the gpu, if i used two molex from one line it was resetting. I think it doesn't really matter if it resets or just hangs up, lack of power can do all kinds of things. it's a bit convulted to just explain, so i've made this professional schematic visualisation of my solution. i was running computer a bit with this old psu, then i just threw it away and bought a new one, i was too traumatized to risk another psu blow up

well, you're going to get new psu anyway. running old, crappy psu on its full power draw is great danger, i've burnt my 8800gt like this when 8800gt was still a thing. and my psu was chieftec, and chieftecs were still good back then

Well you're giving me hope now. I have this setup with some adapter I've bought but I've been severely lacking connectors so I almost had to nigger rig the whole thing to work.

I'll be getting a new PSU then. And by god I hope this fixes the issues because it's driving me slightly mad at this point.

Forza preload, 70h 35 min to download with my connection...

Let's go, boys

How the fuck? Doesn't this game come out in October?

Preloading

>5.8mb/s

Welcome to rural america.

Yeah, just preloading right now.

I have early access, but the download already restarted once and then tried downloading the game twice after that. So, I'll probably get fucked.

I swear the windows store and it's downloads are the most garbage download services I've ever seen. I fucking hate it so much.

Just remembered, my Final gear was set to 3.000 for the race.

In GT's photo modes, the camera tracks with whatever you set the focus on. Then, depending on the panning mode chosen, the camera will follow the target by turning (mode 1), moving (mode 2) or both (mode 3, usually the best choice). Like the other guy said, shutter speed just functions as a motion blur slider (as f-stop does for depth of field) with no knock-on effects on exposure.

I beat your PB by and nearly the race best with that tune on my second lap with a full tank of fuel.
Really makes you think...

Yeah the point of lap time based bop, if people aren't cheating niggers, is that shitters get faster cars to balance themselves against good drivers.

Shieet. Probably won't make much difference, but did you turn the final gear down to 3.000? The reason I got that wrong in the tune I posted was because I lost the tweaks from the race session when I had to disconnect. I'll check if I missed anything else this evening. I realise this sounds like shameless backpedalling, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This too desu. I don't think I went below 53.8 without draft or low fuel.

Gear at 3.000
I keep gaining 0.2 seconds on the first sector, but spagetti'ing in the second, so there's time to be gained. And that's not even taking draft or fuel into consideration.

I know, but this proves my point that the orange brap machine is quicker than the car I used.

No one?
;-;

A spec series on sports soft tyres would be better imo.