Other urls found in this thread:

bikebandit.com/blog/post/motorcycle-boot-buyers-guide
revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-m16-waterproof-riding-shoes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yamaha

Honda is better

Prove it

Sorry not seeing proof

You walked into the wrong neighborhood piano user. :^)

I didnt say honda was bad.
Just not better

Also, I really should have put a coma in there, eh?

Inb4 'You walked in the wrong neighborhood piano, user'.

How are boots like this over conventional motorcycle boots?

My local bike place sells them, o tried them on and they're rock solid. Like wearing stone boots.

But they don't offer any shin protection.

Worth it or nah?

laces are always sketch. Even if they look flush like in the pic

1-2 finish in Aragon

Leading the championship.
Won the championship last year.

So?
By that logic KTM a best

reposting:
any mechanically inclined bros able to give their 2 cents?

>doing valve adjustments
>manual says to position the IN EX lines in a particular way for cylinder 2
>I do what the manual says but cylinder 2 isn't top dead centre, the lobe is pressing down on the valve
>cylinder 3 is top dead centre
>and vice versa, instructions for cylinder 3 make cylinder 2 top dead centre

what the hell is wrong with my bike :|

Team Green. How can piano makers and scooter makers even compete?

Huh I didn't even consider that. Why are they sketch?

What boots do you wear?

>kawaski
>left over shitzuki parts bin bikes
No thanks

I wear laced shoes. Never had a problem. Your sprocket should have a cover on it.

I wear pic related everyday. They blend in and feel noice. Had my laces get caught in the sprocket once, so I bought new ones. I'd they're short enough it's not an issue.

Took my god beloved Harley for a blessed rip today

Nice, alright, I think I'll get them cause my local bike store gives you good discounts quite a lot

>usual group ride regulars plus some new faces
>new people spam rev limiter together every red light every time a pedestrian glances at us
>one of them pulls up next to me in a t-shirt and sneakers
>revs at me and says "Yo bro I had that same R3 man in the same exact colors man. You should take off the muffler itll sound better dude"
>politely tell him it would sound like shit.
I thought you guys were just memeing on displacement but R3 riders should be shot along with pot smokers.

I always tuck my laces in the side like this.

are you counting your cylinders from the right side? Also check your manual for cylinder numbering. It might number them by firing order instead of side to side.

The loop can get caught on the gear shifter.

We are posting epic bikes

You mean a sound system?

If so, serious question:

Can you truly listen to it with the BLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOHBLOH coming out of the exhaust pipes at 800 + rpm?

Why would the look be near your toes?

i need bikes

CYBERPUNK BIKES

Indeed we are.

Fashion jew shills. Even an 8 inch work boot would protect better. You got zero ankle stabillization, no protective features found on speciality motorcycle boots such as a toe box, abrasion resistance, sliders, lace straps, or aforementioned ankle protection. Fuck sneakers, "riding" or not. Also fuck 6 inch half boot shits.

I cant talk much though I commute in 8 inch work boots that I work in and like the look of.

Read this:
bikebandit.com/blog/post/motorcycle-boot-buyers-guide

Have you got any more buying guides?

I've spent hours looking at gear and am struggling so much lol

long ass muhfuggin laces nigga

Thats just bad shoemanship

How do you guys carry helmets with you? I'm going on a weird breakfast-date with a girl i'm currently seeing, but she dosent have a helmet.

Are the helmet hooks under the pass. seat good enough or will the helmet flop around like a limp dick in the wind?

pic semi-related

I was counting the cylinders from left to right when sitting on bike. Manual doesn't mention if it's numbering from firing number or side to side, just refers to them by tappet numbers.

Firing order is 1,2,4,3

I suggest calling revzilla and asking them. Theyre pretty honest and know what theyre talking about. Ive even had them tell me not to buy x because it wouldnt suit my needs. They open at 10 am EST.

Whatever youre interested in buying though I can give you my input. I have some experience. Im looking into gloves and have decided on pic related recently. The hard TPU palm sliders are a huge plus imo. Palms take falls hard and youll see alot of fools walking around with rashed palms and shredded gloves.

My carbed bike has some sort of pre-silencer underneath that burns extra fuel and air (not a catalytic converter) to comply with some shitty environmental standard. The main jets are oversized and extra air is put into the exhaust to facilitate this.

I am going to grind off the pre-silencer, weld a new piece of stainless steel exhaust between the exhaust and normal silencer, put some silicon in a couple of tubes to stop the extra air from going into the exhaust and install smaller jets. This will increase fuel efficiency (5-10% or so), reduce weight, reduce strain on the engine and increase ground clearance. All this will cost me around 20 euros.

Please rate my wrenching plans. Pretty hyped myself.

>be fairly new to bikes
>about two months ago learned that I need to tighten muh chain
>used a big ol adjustable wrench to do this
>everything is fine
>get new tires
>get bike back, wheel nut is tight as fuck
>figure I should probably just go get a socket and tighten it properly
>already have torque wrench
>measure nut at 26mm
>buy socket off amazon, along with 1/4in to 1/2 inch adapter

>it doesn't fit

>Remeasure with calipers, apparently it's actually 27mm
>go to home depot
>Guy doesn't really understand english because arizona
>keeps trying to get me to buy a 22mm socket
>tells me that's the largest they have

>go home and order 27mm off amazon and get jewed by one day shipping
>mfw all of this

why can't suzuki just fucking tell me how big the nut is in the manual? would that have been so hard?

Buying them in black btw.

~90$ and comes in like 5 colors

well in my case I'd just pop her helmet under one of those bungee meshes until I pick her up then stuff the mesh under her seat, but if you don't have that luxury you might have to hook it and ride like a sensible person

I had a look at revzilla, quite an interesting website, but I'm British (I know there's international shipping but it's expensive) so I need to stay local

A local town bike store has a really good online store weirdly enough and I've been looking at some gear on there. If you give me a while to browse around, would you kind giving me advice on what I selected?

Carry it and place it on floor when im doing shit I guess. You could get a helmet lock and lock it to bike.
I never leave it with bike because someone put a half eaten mcdouble in my buddies helmet and proceeded to grind it up like his fist was a pestol. I pretended I was outraged but that charade didnt last very long.

rear seat has those hooks underneath it for that purpose, i dont have a mesh bungee cord thingy though. I'll try and figure something out, maybe looping 2 bungee cords through the opening in the helmet?

I ride like a sensible person anyway, but because of where she lives, not taking the highway would be RETARDED.

>put helmet on passenger seat
>put bungee net over it
>secure with bungee net's hooks under seat, through lic plate, rear footpegs, or w/e
>???
>score 15 y/o mentally unstable asian pussy
Also consider offering random girls at your local high school rides

>paying moto gear prices for something that doesn't actually do shit

>putting your helmet on the floor
Thats taboo man. Its also unsanitary and lazy.

>meone put a half eaten mcdouble in my buddies helmet and proceeded to grind it up like his fist was a pestol.
how are people this comfortable ruining another person's day?

Recommend me some brands so I can find some good gear

I don't know what I'm doing ;-;

>>score 15 y/o mentally unstable asian pussy
>Also consider offering random girls at your local high school rides

have you tried not being a pedophile

>>revzilla.com/motorcycle/fly-m16-waterproof-riding-shoes
Tell me again how this has no ankle stabilization? Or sliders? I'm not suggesting you do track days with it, but this is perfect for commute. Get off your "holier than thou" high horse and come back to reality.

>maybe looping 2 bungee cords through the opening in the helmet?
that would work, good luck pusi slayer ;^)

plz read his post again

Elastic net, or put the helmet where the tankbag usually goes and tie the chinstrap to the center of the handlebar with a separate strap.

theres no where else to put it, counters always have shit on it. I just kinda rest it on my shoe.
I wont even tell you where I put my helmet when I had to use the washroom.

he thinks its someone he used to know , he mentioned he was kinda a dick to some people , who knows.

Well middle schoolers would accept the rides too but thatd be a little too danger for my tastes. Theyre not as interested in sexual exploitation either. Theyre better for discreetly feeling during private tutoring or after school programs my favorite of which is having them sit on my lap as I read to them.

Excuse me for not taking the time to reverse image search your specific shoes and read that they are the 1% of not shill shoes out there that look identical. Nice shoes though Id still get real boots.

>I wont even tell you where I put my helmet when I had to use the washroom.
it rests on top of your head, you look stupid but you wont have piss on your helmet afterword

How about you hold your helmet or put it on a table or chair. Also consider a helmet lock. I put mine on my tank under the windshield and most people put it on their mirrors.

what bike do you have
you might honestly be ok without power ranger armor if you're not a speedy speed boi. just dont pay $160 for those TCX or whatever memes when a $30 work boot with a decent toe will protect you better

if you want to track or treat the street like the track get some nice A*, dainese, or sidis. You can get decent deals on closeouts etc, I got my smx+ on amazon for $250.

Guys I just discovered this shit exists.

Now your male passengers can slightly less gay and secure and your female passengers dont have to press their boobs into your back as they hug you for literal dear life.

yeah, thats probably the better option. I rested it on top of a flat garbage can, its better than the floor but not by much.
Also I have a camera attached to helmet, I feel super fucking weird bringing that in, could take it off I guess though.

That sounds awful why would I want that

>I want any dudes on my bike to feel cucked
>like boobs on my back

It's like you're not even bi or something. You fag.

UGLY
G
L
U

>not having side rails they can hold onto

I have a slow Honda CBF125cc

I've just begun looking at helmets and gear and I don't really know how much to spend on each piece of gear.

I don't have $1000 to drop on gear, at best I could stretch my budget to $500.

Sweet opinion bro

>gear costs more than the bike
Wew

Im not your bro

Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the gay ass colored rims

it doesn't nor have I bought any gear

Bike cost me almost £1000

>and your female passengers dont have to press their boobs into your back as they hug you for literal dear life.
so basically, it takes away all the fun?

Whatever you say bro

Apology accepted. I do plan on getting some real motoboots soon, though.

same, I carry that shit and my jacket everywhere because I live in a city of thieves so it doesn't bother my anymore

You over paid.

He's right you know

>I have a slow Honda CBF125cc
if you buy race boots i will laugh at you

I looked on auto trader and gum tree and they all cost that amount?
Mines 2012 and 10,000 miles and there are people selling 2009 ones for the same price

Do you know how opinions work?

I think a bicycle helmet will do, it probably attains the same speed.

Then wtf do I buuuuuy

I told you already I have no idea, I only just begun looking at gear

It has moved from opinion to fact at this point

No

Yes and yours is wrong

Go to a shop and ask for advice, there's too many autists that will say you need to buy a $400 helmet on here.

So you don't know.
Also i never gave my opinion

The first time I saw a guy ride by on a F10 I thought he had crashed it and was too poor to repair his headlight assembly.

Can you give me general approximations on how much I should spend on each piece of gear?

You can buy helmets for $50 at RevZilla, $20 gloves, Dianese armored leggings, armored mesh shirt, and $200 Doc Martens. Comes out to a little over $500. Don't skimp out on the docs.

The way youve been typing makes you sound like youre 16 and which would explain you not knowing how to shop for things.

i told you, just go get work boots with lateral ankle protection and a strong toe. thats all you need on your sub-msf bike

you dont need any quality gear you cant go fast enough to get major road rash, bad buffeting/noise with a cheap helmet

How about you tell us what your budget is first dipshit.