Mazda Miata

>Mazda Miata
>2200lbs
>155HP
>Ginetta G40
>1800lbs
>175HP
Why aren't these beauties popular?

Because they were built in a shed by couple of Belgians.
That's like asking why Wiesmann isn't popular.

How much does it cost. the fact that its built in the UK doesn't help with it being as cheap as the Miata and if its not then that pretty much kills it beyond people who want to go the extra mile for lightness .

I fucked up. Ginetta was british.
I change my
>Because they were built in a shed by couple of Belgians.
with
Because the are built by couple of blokes in a shed near Yorkshire.

>Miata
>well known model with marketing and brand recognition
>$25k starting

>Ginetta G40
>you may find someone who knows the brand from Gran Turismo
>$40k starting

>0-60 in 5.8 seconds
>1/4 in 13.7
I expected more from that power/weight ratio.

>Why aren't these beauties popular?
Because it's an extremely low-volume track toy. It's the same as asking why more people don't drive a Caterham to work.

>the fact that its built in the UK doesn't help

Built in the country with the richest sports car heritage, as well as being home to Mclaren, the most underated supercar brand on the planet?

Because nothing good comes from Yorkshire

>doesn't help with it being as cheap as the Miata
>with it being as cheap as the miata
>sports cars being built in the UK usually means more expensive

>Ginetta G40

Autocar gave the car a rating of 4 out of 5; praising the car's engine note and driving feel, but criticizing it for inconsistent steering weight and for an unfinished cabin.[16] What Car? gave the car a rating of 3 out of 5,[17] praising its performance and handling,[18] but criticizing its lack of safety features, its poor refinement, and its lack of equipment.[17] The Telegraph gave the car 4 out of 5 stars, praising its driving feel, but criticizing the body's finish.[19] Auto Express gave the car 3 out of 5, praising its on-track behaviour, but stating that it wasn't really suited to everyday usage.[20] Ginetta planned to sell 100 G40s annually.[21]

>...Ginetta planned to sell 100 G40s annually
>...Mazda has just sold its millionth Miata

yeah, i think that answers your question. Your choice for the people's race car sells less units a year than a Ferrari does of the 488 per month

how much it cost doe ?

do they not teach english in britain anymore?

for the money and the hassle, it'd be easier just to get a miata down to 1800 lbs and throw a turbo on it to get above 175 hp

So it goes from really slow, to slightly less slow?

Cool. Miatas sure are cool cars, guys. Must be nice being an early 20-something and poor

I never got this meme. Why would the Z06 not be noticably faster?

>Why isn't this boutique sportscar built by small company of no historical significance operating another continent with a virtually non-existent dealer network more popular?

I don't know, OP.... I just don't know...

no idea, but the meme caused several anons mental disabilities

Because the site compares track times and according to the percentages it slaps a performance difference into words.

Can I get in the us, how much?

I don't understand the sperging over a couple seconds difference on a race track. Who gives a shit? I mean, if it was significant, sure, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Prez/poo/ is an autistic kid, just let him be

i know right?
autists man...

Looks prettier than a Miata. If they sold them here I'd roll the dice perhaps.

I've literally never even heard of it, I'm assuming they don't even sell them in burgerland. That may be part of why. Are they expensive or unreliable?

Have you ever once heard anything about British car ownership?

Cheap and unbreakable are not adjectives used to describe the experience.

stop posting this dumpster slut smfh

The G40R costs £29,950 in the U.K.
The U.K. equivalent 2.0 Miata is £20,095

>le everything needs 300 horsepower because my car and myself total up to 5600 pounds
>and because mashing throttle on my autotragic next to honda fit whose driver is busy on the phone is the only way I have ever beat anyone in a race

Ironically German Wiesmann shed cars are probably better assembled than Cadillacs.

That's not that much money. I would've expected it to carry outrageous special snowflake prices like Lotus, Caterham or Morgan.

Literal autism on both sides.