Anyone ever replaced their shift knob

Post pics If you have

Other urls found in this thread:

rennstall.bigcartel.com/
battlecraft-parts.com/collections/battlecraft/products/battlecraft-hyper-teardrop-shift-knob
autoplush.com/13-twingo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How easy is it

currently have this shift knob in my G35.

No unique but credit for doing it

I also have a beer bottle shift knob.

Sleeman cream ale, looks just like one of these. Drilled, tapped and put a helicoil-type insert in it for m10x1.25.

I think pic related is pretty neat, but a little small for my taste.

This is unique love this

i also have a snap-on pry bar handle, drilled and tapped for m10x1.25

its orange though. Fits like SHIT in the hand due to it being a square and holding it the "wrong" way compared to how it was designed to be used.

I unmodded mine. My brostang came with a riced out interior with chrome everything, including an aluminum shift knob that alternated between burning and freezing. Replaced it with an old Cobra leather knob.

dug up an old picture of it actually in my car. Its kind of retarded.

Older picture, but thats my shift knob collection.

what do you all think about putting a short throw shifter in a shitbox?

I had one in my integra, i didnt particularly like it desu.

I rebuilt the stock shifter due to slop for days. Replaced all of the o-rings and assorted goodies in the bottom. Young me put it together 100% dry, so all of the rubber bits died again in a few months. "fuck this, i'mma get a skunk2 short shifter". Its not like it was a bad, but the throws are short and its not like there was any particular advantage.

Current car has a stock shifter, i can still bang out gears fast should the need arise.

Unscrew the old one and screw on the new one. For manuals theres a button or something to worry about but I've never done one of those

they smell like rancid ass after awhile

I put the original back in since the crappy old owner shoved another one in that looked like the top of a cane.

No but I want to
Whats a good replacement for this one?

Neat, but yeah, its kinda retarded.

How many cars have you shot down?

Do you really have autism? If not, that shit made me laugh.

We need more flight stick shifters in this world.

I laughed out loud

was hoping this was already posted

of course that shifter and those bands are in a del sol

Upgraded to an actual nice Katana grip a while back but don't have any pictures.
Still need to figure out a good way to put tap handles on my other two vehicles with column shifters.

So, how much of a tool will I be if I get an eight-ball and make it into a gear knob

my diabetic stepfather had an eightball shifter in his pt cruiser

so at least that much of a tool

They sell them already to go online, user.

I have an 8 ball on pic-related, but no pictures at the minute. I love it.

>Throwing in the fact that he's diabetic for no reason
>Calling others a tool

It's pretty good

Can I replace a shifter in an automatic

Does it have any buttons on the knob?

I made my dad a knob out of billiards ballfor his birthday. Wish I had photos somewhere.

Replaced the linkage as well.

God damn. That center stack is all I've ever wanted.

What car is this?

>Top Gun: Fury Road

Anyone got one of those sword handle knobs?

Who's got the photo of the old vw with a ship in a bottle shifter and a captains wheel for the steering wheel

R32 GTR

Something tells me he's a diabetic because he's fat and makes poor choices.

So I think Canon's point still standsm

/r/ing the duck shifter

Holy kek

Nevermind found it

I enjoy the stock BRZ shifter.

yes 1

Dont have a pic, but mine is the butt end of a hockey stick

i enjoy the stock shifter also but my shift knob is starting to look pretty worn out even after only 45k miles

>that vintage gopro
wew lad

here ya go kid

ace biscuits, thanks m8

I'm either getting this

Or this, in my mk4 GLI. Both black forest industries

A dildo.

Jokes, I'm touching that same exact knob every day.

I live near Guelph, that's funny.. ridiculous but funny shift knob.

Less of a tool than someone who has an autozone 8-ball shifter, because yours was a real pool ball. But for other people to appreciate that fact, you'd have to tell them yours is real and not autozone trash, because they'd never figure on their own. And the act of bragging about your shifter every time someone gets in your car would actually make you more of a tool than someone who just bought the autozone one and shuts up about it.

Black one looks better imo

you mom sucks that dude's dick

Golf ball ftw anyway
>bcuz v dub

tfw ywn find a burger topper for your stock shift knob

It's called a helm dipshit, and captains didn't steer the boat either. Get some knowledge

Not a shifter, but I'm planning on putting in a replica P-38 yoke in as a steering wheel as a tribute to my Grandfather, pic related

>mfw my car is a mitsubishi and more than half of the planes he shot down were mitsubishi

>This.

So you'd still be better than a guy who bought it at Autozone AND brags about it?

Man my training as an automotive tech really didn't prepare me for faggot semantics about 17th-19th century sailing technology on an automotive board. Did you see the fucking picture though? Kinda crazy, kinda cool no? Cool, glad we're back on topic

i hate gaudy shifter like most posted ITT

thinking about getting this though

rennstall.bigcartel.com/

or this

battlecraft-parts.com/collections/battlecraft/products/battlecraft-hyper-teardrop-shift-knob

fuckkk where is that from. I feel like i've played a flight sim arcade game with that

autismal

It's gonna be fuckikg hilarious when you crash into a Tahoe at 30mph and die because you swapped your airbag for a gimmick. I'm sure pappy would be proud

i replaced a walmart knob with a junkyard one from a similar model

that's all i've ever done

jesus idk why but i want to do this, but how does one go along doing this wouldnt the silicon fail if it was made a hole to go over the stick?

>get 8 ball shifter
>anons mom will suck your dick

buy the one with a cumtube option

>not replacing your knob with a dragon dildo

i mean yea that works
but how would it be able to stay on the thread during hard shifts?

That head unit is sex. What model? Need one that looks like it'll fit in my Z32.

I have one of these and I recommend it. Lovely shape. Fucking expensive for a shift knob though

What car? Gut says 2000ish Subaru

1998 Legacy GT

Neat, any engine mods?

Where do you people buy those plush twingos?

>2.2L torque box delete intake hose
>MSD coil pack
>Paranoid Fabrications grounding kit
>heads milled a bit for slightly higher compression
Most of my sikk mawdz are for handling or adding features, though.
autoplush.com/13-twingo
All but pink and yellow are out of stock though, the user behind them was getting the Miata run ready last I heard though and should be restocking around the end of the year.

Thank you user

Thanks senpai, I'm blind af

The soft grip ones smell like sick after a while because of the butyric acid. I far prefer the old square handles to the Instinct handle, smell or no smell.

I do like that guy's screwdriver knob, though.

I made a wooden knob for my 944S2 as a sort of 917 tribute

>crash at 30
>moving in your seat at all
I crashed at 35 and I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on until the car stopped
Bag didn't even touch my face

This is a great thread
I was just about to post this. It really ought to be a trend to replace ones shifter with some random piece of junk like the duck or a little plastic lawn flamingo
>or a full sized plastic lawn flamingo
I love how it isn't a ship in a bottle but just a bottle of grey goose

I remembered it as a ship in the bottle because of the boat rudder interface device

milled for more compression? did you change anything else? when you mill them it lowers compression.

How could it lower compression? You're making the combustion chamber smaller.

isnt milling it removing material?

>not putting the fire extinguisher under the passenger seat for better weight distribution
Although its a porsche so thats probably not the only fire extinguisher in the car

Yes, putting the top of the combustion chamber closer to the deck of the block, reducing chamber volume. Just like putting flat top pistons in place of dished pistons or putting in a thinner head gasket.

Looks great - perfect choice on the wood grain.

I don't know, I was thinking of buying one for my transfer case knob but fugg they cost alot for a meme benis