If I get rid of my 86 and get a ND Miata RF edition

If I get rid of my 86 and get a ND Miata RF edition.

Is this an upgrade or a downgrade?

If it's neither, why should I hold onto my 86 instead of going for a miata?

>rolling your negative equity into a thirty thousand dollar muh feels-mobile

You really think you'll be enjoying it for 84 months?

I got the car for free.

It all depends on what the 86 is to you.

If it is your daily driver, you would have a car that is less practical and smaller.

However, if it is just a 2nd car, definitely go for it. The ND, even the heavier RF, succeeds infinitely better imo at being a driver's car.

It looks better, handles better, and is still about as fast as the 86 around a race track. I don't turn my head to look at 86s, but whenever I see an ND, I flash my popups and give a thumbs up. It isn't a common car (like the 86), and it doesn't have the boyracer status.

The interior is the favorite of any car made since 2012. I'm sure that because of this, along with its stunning good-looks, that it will also retain its value more than the 86, which will be the go-to poorfag enthusiast car in 10 years.

Tl;dr- go for it.

it's a stupid decision, they're too similar to justify a trade. with the money you'll lose and pay you could have made your 86 way better

it's possible that the fiat 124 coupe is coming, that's the only miata worth trading for

It doesn't handle better stock. I've driven both around racetracks and the ND just rolls too much.

The 86 is more practical, drives better, is honestly just more car in every way. The ND does look sexy though.

Honestly if you already have an 86 just supercharge it or something

>>It isn't a common car (like the 86)
>over a million units sold
>86 has less than 200k sold worldwide from launch to now

What.

>give thumbs up
God i wish i was in the miata club. I want to do this too

The 86 is already a good car, just keep it.

Does that 200k account the Subaru BRZ and Scion FRS as well?

Body roll isnt that bad, its good for city driving. Its the reason mazda left it as is. Wouldnt change mine, way to many unforgiving roads and bumps where i am. Bigger deal on track but theirs already a shit ton of suspension options that are cheap and change the ride for ND to suit more for racing

And to your answer your question OP, i could Have easily gotten a mustang but got the ND for how much more fun it was
Basically fucken do it, ND is a great car and their isnt a day where i dont have fun it. Toss it around like a maniac al day but the car is light and forgiving that i never get into danger or put anyone else in trouble

Nigger what? It is impossible that 1 million+ NDs have been sold. In 2016, around 30k were sold.

There's 1 million+ MX-5s in the world though, but you have to remember that the Miata has existed since 1990, and 400k or so MX-5 NAs were sold. Fucking aspie

fwiw, fucking love my rf

86 is just a nice car

the rf makes me feel things

they will also be getting the edelbrock supercharger which people loved putting on the 86

Grr, put him/her in a garage now

A car that was released 27 years ago has more units sold than a car released 5 years ago.
No shit, Sherlock.

As a guy with a BRZ, I can't help but feel buyers remorse whenever I see a miat. They just look so much more "just right" and I think the problem is I didn't have a chance to test drive any before pulling the trigger so I'm always going to imagine that they're
>Yes! YES!
>That's what I was looking for!

But honestly for all its shortcomings the BRZ just makes you want to forgive them and want to like it, and then it has a clear practicality edge if you really do use for more than a weekend car. I think I need to gut myself up for a test drive or two to finally put my mind to rest.

Dude I posted this image from Reddit and trolled here last month.

The only problem with the RF vs the 86 is that you might not be able to track the RF without a rollbar, and the RF can't be fit with a rollbar. Oops.
You can change out the stock suspension for good coilovers (Fox, Ohlin, Xida) without ruining ride quality on shit roads. Or you can get stiffer springs and sways. The reason for the body roll is to make it feel more fun for typical drivers at typical speeds. Eliminating body roll makes the car feel slower. I've learned to deal with the roll by starting input a little earlier than I would with say an S2000, letting the car settle, then getting on with the curve. It's a bit weird but it works.

It is total shit for tracks, though. That's where having good adjustable coilovers is really nice. Plus you can drop the car to make it look tighter, then put it back to stock height for dirt road funs

These. It'll probably a lot cheaper to buy as well and pretty easy to install

A blown FRS with good tires and suspension should be more on par with a Cayman than a Miata

>nd miata
>released 27 years ago

what

Don't fucking do it Adam.

>muh aesthetic
The only thing you'll see is shame because you only get to see it from other people's rear view mirrors. It's slow as shit and sounds like shit. We only want what's best for you, and going from a borked ricebox to a slower ricebox is not best for you.

>pic related

Dude hang on to your BRZ for a few more years. It may suck a bit now, that feeling of wanting something else, but you'll get over it and you can do plenty to an 86 to make it more fun while still keeping it a good, reliably comfortable daily driver. I was actually looking at one myself before I found an R33 that was just too good to pass up.

Man, r u me? I feel exactly the same way, but just about Miatas in general, particularly NAs and NBs with hardtops, and the RF is like the ultimate Miata for me. I always have that pang of "I could have had one of these as a knockabout for cheap" when I'm not looking at or driving my R33, but as soon as I get in it again I remember just how goddamned good the turbo RB25 is. The life and times of a car guy I guess.

Literally the same thing, only slightly smaller, lighter and weaker. Might as well improve your 86 for the money you'll save keeping it.

Listen to Drew, Adam. Get you a v8, you're not a hair stylist

>downgrade

Look at all the road tests where they talk about how much better the 86's chassis is than the ND.

Are you implying that the ND sold 1 million?
This is Golf Number territory, which is absolutely insane.

>It isn't a common car (like the 86)

They are selling at an almost identical rate.

Doesn't really seem like the best financial decision.

They are very similar cars. However, the ND has a certain "wow" factor the the brz/frs/86 dont.

>GT86
A car that a man might actually drive
>MX5
A girl's car

If you're male, keep the GT86
If you're female, or a homosexual male, then go for the MX5

nice delusion, cuckold

make sure you ls swap it

The MX5 is a cuckold's car. Literally a car for cuckolds. Or, as I say - women and homosexual men. If you are a homosexual then go ahead and enjoy it, I guess.

this is why I love miatas. you're guaranteed to never drive the same car as anyone who uses the word "cuck".

nice spergout over being slower

I still don't understand why anyone would buy the RF over the standard miata.

The RF is heavier, has worse visibility, costs more,has even less storage space, has more moving parts with the potential to break, the RF won't fit a rollbar.

People seem to gush over the RF because of its looks, but in person I find the RF to be awkward looking compared to the vert.

Apart from, y'know, this guy: Haha, bit self defeating there.

Look, as I said, if you enjoy being a homosexual then who am I to tell you otherwise? I hope you enjoy your life, sir.

Why not get a used 6 cylinder Cayman instead?????

>my thirst for cock is growing guys

Yes instead you'll call him by his name (i.e. Jamal, Tyrone)

RF's pretty loud.

>It isn't a common car (like the 86),
The 86 isn't common at all. Since its release in 2013 I can count how many I've seen on two hands.

>just ruin your engine bro
The 86's engine is literally at its peak stock

Yeah that's why the turbocharged the FA20 for the new WRX and why people have been strapping on superchargers and retunes for years.

Let me guess, you live in Europe right?

What did he mean by this?

Depends on where you live my dudes. I have yet to see one newer mx5 in my area and yet the 86/frs/BRZ is everywhere.

the miata is superior to the toyocuckold 86, no questions asked

for you

Still trying to justify your hairdresser's car? Sad.

Although as I said, if you enjoy being a homosexual then that's up to you.

That's a Scion, not a Toyota dumbass

Nice b8 m8

because it's super convenient to put the top up or down on a moment's notice.

I'll concede on the visibility. looking out for the back left side of the car is difficult. The blind spot monitoring doesn't trigger when merging into the highway for cars that are just directly left of the vehicle.

>because it's super convenient to put the top up or down on a moment's notice.

What?

-You can't put the top down with the key fob.

-The button for the top is in an awkward location.

-It takes 13 seconds for the top to come down.

-You cant put the top up or down unless you are going below 6mph.

None of that is any faster, convenient, or more efficient than the simple manual soft top.

The only thing the RF has going for it is looks. It has all the appearance of a fixed top coupe, with none of the benefits.