Why is this a thing still?

Why is this a thing still?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8plO4AeKNU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nobody cares

car companies should get rid of the whole bumper and only have the fillers imo, why the fuck is there anything on there that doesn't directly contribute to impact reduction, it's all so fake af

Audi?

Any brand has a model with that basically

Great question...
Why the fuck go from this

Even if it isn't supposed to be a budged car and is produced in last few years?

to this on the sedans..

Normally only the higher trims have the fake exhausts. The rest show no exhaust or just the normal pipes.

they are actually the other way around.
that maloo is a VF, the GTS is a VE.

Because the designers want that shape on the back.

Because it's a cosmetic thing much like every other fake grille/vent/scoop found all over modern cars.
I don't understand why you are so anal about fake exhaust tips. Did you really expect the actual exhaust system of your car to morph into a weird trapezoid shape for literally no reason at all except for the looks?

Who really cares?
all the cars that have this seem to sound like shit anyway, are people actually expecting a straight through twin system on a diesel audi crossover?

These are also fake tips tho

People are expecting quality design in that price range.

At least it handles g..
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8plO4AeKNU

That looks terrible.

I'd want my exhaust to at least sit in those trims.

I don't think that's factory, it would melt the bumper

who cares

I get your point.
Dressing up an exhaust tip could be made to look better on a Ferrari, but OPs pic is fucking terrible.
It's not even a tip, it's just purely non-functional flair.

It doesn't even line up.

>It is ok when Ferrari does it.

Pathetic

Ferrari's tips line up, are symmetrical and conform to the shape of the exhaust.

I did not excuse Ferrari's tips, but you do you.

They are just holes in the bumper to let air through, that hole can be any shape it wants to be. It's not supposed to literally connect to the exhaust.

>$2 million Ferrari has like that.
I would be pissed off.

what the fuck are you talking about

It can't be that hard to stamp out the required shape and weld it onto the end, it's pretty ridiculous

The exhaust can't just blow against a solid bumper directly covering the opening, it needs a hole to go through.

The exception being the retarded Audi ones where the exhaust is actually pointing down

we know that op is talking about the shitty tip theyve put on the exhaust

>The exception being the retarded Audi ones where the exhaust is actually pointing down
Lexus does it too

Most richfags don't give a fuck.

Kinda embarrassing when Hyundai goes the extra mile.

Get the look of having big exhaust tips, but never have to clean the soot off them. Without condoning it, I can see the appeal.

>The exhaust can't just blow against a solid bumper

While not solid if you check OP's pic again, you would notice that the exhaust is in fact blowing against the bumper from both tips

Fuck i was gonna post this. I like my genesis even more each second

I don't see the appeal of being a poser, though.

It's just styling.
If you think styling makes you a poser then your pool of potential vehicles to own must be REALLY small.

>tfw you don't care about factory exhausts
If you don't like it get a new one.

no it doesn't sweetie there's a visible air gap

if you put a hot metal thing flush to a plastic thing it melts

So if what is shown in this thread is unacceptable why are fake exhaust tips acceptable?

those at the very least are attached to the actual exhaust

Bumper exhaust are fucking stupid and often the car is not even loud enough for a visible exhaust tip.

whats the difference?
both do the same job, make it look better from a distance.

Is that a straight through exhaust?

So cars should get rid of fake exhaust tips because of your autistic view of how loud a car should be to warrant a cosmetic tip on the bumper?

>loud enough
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

what a stupid thing to troll about

Its a safety regulation so people don't burn themselves severely on their exhaust.

Divert the exhaust down and make a bumper with no exhaust holes at all. All those electric and side-exhaust cars prove that you don't have to have exhaust joles in the back to look good.

Literally this: >your pool of potential vehicles to own must be REALLY small

It is, luckily the fake exhaust offenders happen to be unappealing to me as a whole so I don't feel like missing anything.

But the designers designed it that way, and people appreciate the conventional styling of having an exhaust (or an imitation of one).

I don't disagree with you, but I don't think designers should be banned from putting fake exhaust (or exhaust-looking things) on cars.

>you don't have to have exhaust holes in the back to look good
It's more of a practical approach to be further from the exhaust fumes.
How about you just don't integrate the exhaust in to the bumper? Wow!

Designers have the freedom of designing their stuff the way they do.
That's still posing.

From your point of view. Objectively, it's just styling.

Objectively it's pretending.

Yes, just like most other styling cues on cars.

Why is there fake grill on the rear bumper? Has post modernism gone too far?