/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>new thread edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=gRRJczV85Ts
youtube.com/watch?v=XcmR8DxuHBA

>Smoke coming out of vents
youtu.be/NL1GQQI3hcM

>Gold Accord
youtube.com/watch?v=rdmXNS-soeQ

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

acuraconnected.com/2011/11/04/a-legendary-feat-500000-miles-reached/
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/two-cars-for-1500/6321602287.html
boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-accord-ex-v6/6318403438.html
youtube.com/watch?v=cnNjdET8dsM
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/d/2009-honda-fit-sport-90k-mi/6308408830.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Join the collage user.

How long before I completely destroy my clutch/gearbox?

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

40 shifts, make them count.

Waddup boiz

Civic still being the reliable mile eater I turned it into. All I really need to do soon is an oil change. There is that weird brake booster air leak that makes the brakes stiff when the car is off but that's not too concerning. Also the annoying pulley noise on the alternator.

>not lasting 500k miles on an original clutch
get gud

acuraconnected.com/2011/11/04/a-legendary-feat-500000-miles-reached/

Currently 204k miles original clutch/gear box. Needs a new trans bearing, I forgot the name of it though.

My Civic is good too. I need to renew its registration. I just hate how we had record heat 6 days in a row and I still have yet to fix my a/c. At least it's going to cool down starting wednesday.

My AC has been good but it still needs some improvements. Assuming my expansion valve is bad but I don't know shit. All I know is that the shit under my dash makes some odd noises. Think the lowest temp it has reached was about 60°F.

Fixing my '87 Prelude back to the glory it should be. Old owner left it sitting in his driveway for several years, brought it home anyways cuz I really wanted it, knowing I was putting a lot of faith in it. Needed a new battery, new headlight motor bolt, and a really good cleaning/TLC. Old owner did not disclose everything wrong with the car, however...

Didn't start up right away, thought maybe the engine was seized, among other things. Recently got around to putting new spark plugs in and whaddya know, car starts up, little shoddy though. Every single fluid needs to be changed, maybe a few other things here and there, and the head gasket may or may not be busted.

Hopefully it will be okay, looking like my faith in it is paying off so far. Going to be glad to see this thing on the road again.

Fixed pic

Post S2000s

2/2

that roof looks scary

>be PTA student
>summer internship at outpatient clinic
>one patient always talked about her need for speed
>son is sponsored and does grid life and stuff for a hobby
>she tells me everything about her son's racing happenings and sometimes her cosplaying hot daughter
>stuff like supercharged iirc from sponsorship, crashing, over heating issues etc
>shows me pics(side note her daughter is a pretty hot cosplayer like 20yo 8/10)
>her sons s2k is yellow and is a crayon livery
>fast forward to tonight
>finally google her sons s2k. Found her sons s2k on Insta. matching name, livery, location, etc.
Pretty cool desu. I wish i knew her daughter's Insta desu. She was one of my favourite patients. Always pleasant to talk to.

Starting to look into someday getting a 97 Prelude SH; anything in general I should know?

It is most unfortunate, user

How noob friendly is it to replace CV joints and brake pads on a 1998 Civic?
Also am I endangering myself by driving it to go to work?

My post from /co/..

>
>Yes, but again since it's mostly a slice of life it's behind the scenes so to speak, an invisible hand guiding the protagonist
>
>(1st) mini arc is finding himself the perfect graduation car, and getting road worthy, and looking for a job and friends.
>
>(2nd) is finding a decent job with decent tips, and coworkers that are cool (and later finds out race as well) might put in a Shingu from /HG/ character in there since he delivers pizzas and hoons around alot
>
>(3rd) finding out who the mysterious midnight corverette driver is and getting his car upgraded enough to keep up with this amazing mysterious driver..and hopefully being able to challenge him to a highway battle or national park touge race
>
>(4th) idk, I literally just thought of these off the top of my head just as I'm typing this, maybe finds hot trap gf (male) racer? Idfk lol

Thankfully the two people who got there before me didn't buy it at that moment so I'm going to check it out tomorrow. Anything in particular to look out for? It's owned by an adult, seems to be in good condition and well kept, and it's something I kind of need at this point in my life.

>HEY /co/! Veeky Forums HERE!

>I was thinking about making a Murican street racing comic/mangu and was curious as to what /co/ thinks about it and your guys thoughts and ideas, I was told to come here from Veeky Forums since they liked the idea

>>(This is a loose murican version of initial-D/Wangan Midnight so keep that in mind for the kinds of characters and cars they'd drive)

>Its set in a small town in Colorado, centered around a young guy who just graduated HS and ends up looking for a graduation car with some money he and his parents saved up together and since he doesnt have alot of money (like 3k or so) he goes to his local scrapyard and finds a slightly beat up old Foxbody GT in decent enough condition and buys it, and he eventually gets a job delivering pizzas around town to save up money and work on his "new" car, while he thinks about what he wants to do with his life, all the while racing and working on his car and saving money, and meeting new racers with there own stories and motivations, so kinda (slice of lifey & stret racing)

>There'd be local small town drag racing/national park touge racing/ hoodlum hooning/ and the yearly small town rally race that everyone goes to see and has a cash prize and a cute little rally trophy :3

>Lots of 80s/90s muscle cars and sporty shitboxes like preludes/celicas/integras/civics/foxbodies/3g camaros/fieros/trans-ams/ fox-thunderbirds/ celica supras/ crx/ miatas/ etc, etc

>1.3 million miles
pretty sure that's a typo, but I've heard the CL-S is near indestructible as long as it hasn't been neglected. For that price (if i had the money) I would definitely snatch it up even if it had some minor problems.

is it possible to get rims for my 1998 accord lx for around 300$
Stock just looks like shit

I'm thinking of going to check out an 02 EP3 I saw locally. Any signs I should look out for besides the basic stuff?

The dude is selling it a lot cheaper than other prices on the market and it's bone stock.

reposting
suffer with me

Throwout bearing bro

Not really advice, but I need to ask this.
With the odd placement of the EP3's shifter, did they ever come in automatic?

>move car
>massive puddle underneath
>not AC condensation
Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

That's a pretty good question actually. I know in the US they didn't since it was only an Si. Though in Europe they even had five door versions available.

Oh shit. What fluid is it?

I don't know, it was already soaked into the driveway, couldn't tell. I recently added a lot of power steering fluid, I'm hoping that's it.

smell and lick it

Check your radiator and the reserve tank.

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/two-cars-for-1500/6321602287.html
really makes you think

>two honda civics
>posts only 1 pic
>its a pic of an accord
>doesn't include pic of other "civic"

>gold one is the one with the less issues and works fine
>posts pictures of a tire instead
what did they mean by this?

Seems like my AC spontaneously fixed itself. Normally when I flip the AC on the car would shut off, now it works fine and I don't know why lol

Make sure your grounding cables are on tight. One of mine was loose and turning on A/C would cut the engine power.

Ah, thanks. I suspected it was an electrical issue because the compressor seems fine.

>when you go up hill too fast and your car jumps as your approaching a curve.

It's a typo. The odometer in the ad says 130k. Going to go by his place in a few hours when he gets off work. If everything is straight, he says he'll hold it for me until my friend can give me a ride up there to grab it tomorrow.

I want my WIP EF hatch in the collage pls

Oops I'm retarded and just read the post about how to get in the collage pls no bulli, pics coming later

Hey I bought lowering springs and a headlight IRL from the guy who runs the white WAT Racing CRX, he was a nice dude.

>gonna pay almost as much as I paid the car for a brake job

Feel free to call me a fucking retard

boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/2002-honda-accord-ex-v6/6318403438.html

Too good to be true?

What the fuck drugs is your city planner on?

youtube.com/watch?v=cnNjdET8dsM

>2009 Honda Fit Sport
>90k mi
>5 speed
>$6200

Should I purchase

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/d/2009-honda-fit-sport-90k-mi/6308408830.html

JUST

>5 speed
I'd buy it.

I know your pain lol. Passenger side entry it is.

Yeah it sucks. I bought it half broken, so I guess it was inevitable.
It's kind of unsettling that I wasn't the one to break it though. Whoever broke it off didn't even leave the handle.
>tfw $50 on ebay for a replacement

>Tfw shingu doesn't care he's going to be in mangu..

Just know for auto, if it slips or jerks at shifting. It's usually the trans fluid.

CV joint is harder than brakes. It's doable but i recommend supervision from someone who knows their shit.
Depends how bad both are. What are the symptoms? Just don't take hard turns and don't brake hard (aggressive driving)

>$50
Damn son. Check a junk yard first before you pay that much for a new one.

>tfw discovered a rust spot on my 99 Prelude
Of course it's been having cylinder misfires as well. I'm gonna try replacing the air filter, but what should I do about the rust spot?

No use sectioning metal.

Seems like it wtf

>pull into gas station
>guy says "nice whip bro"
anyone else know this feel

He called it a nice whip because a stock teg is so rare that is sticks out.

Stay clean.

I'm sure you can get it for $6k

Yea but not in my honda though

in what then?

Nice brah. Hang on to that one. They're getting harder and harder to find under 150k miles. What trim is yours?

Interior is probably fucked up aside from what is shown in the pics. I had a 95 Accord V6, and it by no means got good gas mileage. Good for a V6, perhaps. I had to fill up twice maybe every week and a half versus once every week with my current Prelude. The only downside is the Prelude requires premium while the Accord could take regular.

'99 GS-R with black leather interior. Around 70k miles on it

Why not get coilovers? I thought lowering springs were considered to be a waste of money.

>heavy fog
>heavy rainfall
>incredibly low visibility despite being midday
>half the cars don't even turn on their lights
k i'll just crash into you senpaitachi

>some dude asks me about my honda
>is that an si?
>no an exi
>what is it
>my trim
>no no i mean model

provide the lights for them

dumbasses like these are the reason DRLs are a thing

It's weed and/or cocaine.
From Trudeau or Ford, respectively.

Ur a sperg.

Oh sorry m8, I read it but forgot to reply. That's pretty cool, though. Just don't give my character a trap gf (male). kek

I hate DRLs so much. I disabled them in my Jetta by pulling the headlight switch and bending the pin that controlled them.

>wasting bulb life on that bullshit

No thanks.

Just got home from checking out the CL-S. It's a really solid car that's pretty clean in and out. The guy had a folder full of receipts for all the maintenance and recalls that have been done on it, so that was great. The only issue I could find was some pretty bad clear coat towards the back of the roof, and a little bit starting at the tops of both fenders. That's something that I'll probably have taken care of in the future though. I should be picking it up within the next couple days so I'll post a pic when I get it to be added to the collage.

As always fishing for compliments in the only place my car gets "noticed"

Should I call myself under9000kpreludeguy? Kek.
Im not going to names are cancer

The two tone looks so good on those.

Supra

Kek
I don't recommend it unless it's just for this thread

>tfw I don't really post outside of generals anyway

Every now and then if I do post in a normal thread I turn it off.

That's nice. The place looks like some place in the GTA/Toronto.

I never got compliments, but I've see people stare at me when I drive by. Feels good.

>no trap gf (male)
Ok you will be trap gf (male)

Kek
Cmon man don't do my nihga shingz like dat

DON'T MAKE ME MAKE YOU GF (MALE)!!

Kek

>tfw proud to be lonely driver

How the fuck do racing mangu draw cars? Do they really just trace them with a program then ink in speedlines??

Looking forward to it! Congrats my man!

>homosexual general

Artists can draw.

do you dank?

>trying to buy a civic
>seller keeps finding problems that need fixing
>this time the clutch wasn't installed properly
REEEEEEEEEEE I NEED A RIDE

fucking retards - try driving home from work on that road at 5:00. You'll be glad that it flows.

>Neuspeed Race EF springs

I'm jealous.

>1998 accord lx v6
I'm going to make some changes
>going to lower it
>new rims
>carbon fiber hood (maybe)

But right now it has 50,000 on it and is stock besides a handling kit
Can I put a JDM sticker on this thing without getting beat up?

>tfw had a black 95 Accord V6 but wrecked it three years ago thanks to some faggot cutting me off and slamming on his breaks on the highway
How much did you pay for that one? I want to replace mine, but they are a little hard to come by these days.