I don't normally post here but how is the Crown Victoria for a college car...

I don't normally post here but how is the Crown Victoria for a college car? Are they good or is it just the ultimate autism chariot? I'm looking at them because they're cheap, it's a v8 and it's big. I figured they must be decent or the cops wouldn't use them

Buy a different panther platform car that's less abused. Poor mpg and you'll need snow tires if you live in a snowy area, but otherwise nice rolling couches. They're not hot rods though, v8 means nothing but the
exhaust note is nice.

What's a panther platform? Also thoughts on a Mercury Maurauder? I like the look of those too

Everyone is going to think you're one of those people that bought one to scare people into thinking your a cop on the road, and I have seen them get broken into and keyed for that.
>b-but they must be good or the cops wouldnt use them
They're forced to use them because they have to buy american.

Ever since I heard someone use one these cars to rape some innocent woman I have had nothing but disdain for them and their retarded owners.
And yes they're fucking slow and ugly. Expect getting 0% pussy in one of those.

The name of the crown Vic chassis and engine. Grand marquis is an example. Marauders are expensive.

So you don't like the car because of what one guy did? That's bad logic. They're a great barge.

Every single person I have met who owns one is an insufferable faggot with low IQ who can't manage their money correctly. Every. Single. One.

Ignore shitposting, they're good cars with a massive knowledge base and mountains of parts available, which are things you want in a college car. Strong, sturdy, reliable, repairable.

Gas costs more because lolV8 but you can in fact wake those fuckers up if you want to, would make a fun project once you graduate and get something else.

They are not the end all be all or even the optimum solution but are a viable one.

To expand on this if you go to auction its tempting to grab a police cruiser but do not.

You want one, but not one with a trillion running hours spent on the side of the road. What you want are ones from say park rangers or some admin department, these generally wont be beat to death and won't have eons of idle time on the engine.

Preferably you'll want to go for a town car or grand marquis, but auction vics can be a good way to get a cheap car.

That has fuckall to do with them being good cars or not though. That's awful logic.

Crown Vics are nice, but their Mercury counterparts are often in better condition used. I'd suggest a Grand Marquis without air ride over a CV. Both are good cars for poorfags though.

Jokes on you, user. I used to own a Crown Vic, my IQ is in the mid 130s, and I'm moderately rich.

Get a Continental or Town Car just because they'll not have been a fleet car and are more likely to have more luxury on their interiors plus easy to find having formerly belonged to some dead old man who didn't drive it much. Also less likely to be black or white so insufferable faggots like this idiot won't spill their spaghetti.

Wanted one in my 20's and now that I'm settled I can afford it. Checking them out I can't justify the 20+k although they are still great cars. They're reaching that classic/rare car status and with it the prices are skyrocketing.

If cops in America have to buy American, explain the Holden Caprice Police cars?

Sure they slapped a chevy badge on them but bogans do that too.

Yes it does as only idiots buy one.

>muh IQ
>Im kinda rich now
You're neither smart or wealthy

Lol maybe he should just get another car so that he doesnt have to worry about basketball americans trashing it.

Most departments are forced to do so to keep costs down. Smaller cities can do whatever they want if they have the money.

>Get a Continental or Town Car
Only a Town Car. For these years, the Continental is a rebadged Taurus with none of the durability of the Panther bodies.

Last i heard they are the most expensive cars American police currently use at 38k each.

They're decent cars, most of the appeal comes from cheap auctions and easy to find parts. The main reason most police still use them is comfort (they have to sit in these things all day). If getting a p71 try and get an undercover (with low idle time), the ones used by normal cops are usually abused and have to be painted so you don't look like a retard pretending to be a cop.
Pros: Inexpensive, parts everywhere, people more willing to let you merge, comfortable to sit in.

Cons: Very heavy car + v8 engine + rwd is a recipe for bad traction. People in front of you will drive slow as fuck. Some people will sperg and accuse you of pretending to be a cop because some people have at some point in time.

How much money do you have?

You're forgetting anonymous cares more about how people see him than actually doing what's good for himself

Wait aren't snow tires required in America when there's snow? What the fuck? That is like super dangerous.

just get a civic for 3k. you can't afford the gas.

>live in Texas
>have only ever seen a single set of snow tires in person
>never need to change tires outside of wearing them down and ride my motorcycle year round

>describes everyone on the planet
Crown vics are for rapists and tools

>Implying police agencies have to buy Ford cause its American
>NYPD uses anything from Crown Vic’s to Altimas and Camrys

No retard. Agencies buy them cause Ford works deals with departments and they’re cheap to buy, maintain, and operate.

America is a big place and people are free to do what they want, by which I mean if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, smart people are free to buy snow tires and stupid people are free to think they can drive on unplowed roads in the middle of a snowstorm on bald all-seasons because they bought a Subie with AWD and then get laughed at by the smart people when they end up making love to the guardrail the first time they hit a corner at 20mph and they realize that despite their severely reduced speed they still have zero stopping ability.

Well I get that they're not required in like Texas or Arizona or even Cali, but the snowy states? Not required there? You're just free to be really dangerous to others? That's fucked.

>You're just free to be really dangerous to others That's fucked.
>wah why won't the goverment be even more of a hassle and intrude into everyone lives
>wait until the roads are plowed if it snowed or just drive slowly
>never have an issue
people aren't driving down the highway at 70 in 5 inches of snow

Should we ban people from driving RWD cars during the winter too?

I have owned around 20 or so cars this is the list of former police cruisers in the mix
>1991 Chevrolet Caprice 9c1 ( old Ohio sheriff's colors black and white)
>1991 Crown Victoria LTD (all white some Tiny Township outside of Dayton purchased with no rear interior, full cage, dog bench, and only blank plastic panels for interior door panels I stripped the back out of a matching color Grand Marquis to make the car actually usable with rear seats in door panels. I actually kept the decals on the doors that said " K-9 unit stay back" once I realized the basketball Americans are terrified of dogs and it made most of them afraid to even approach the car.)

>1996 Caprice 9c1 ( this one was driven by Sheriff Simon Leis as featured in the movie "The People vs. Larry Flynt" of Hamilton County Ohio, full options leather interior)

> 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe 9c1 (Michigan state blue)

>2000 Crown Victoria interceptor (also Michigan blue purchased as a package with the Tahoe)

Back in the day that used to be really difficult to get you had to know someone who knew someone I pretty much stopped driving them once they became available to everyone for reasons explained earlier in the thread. At the time I like them though because they were big, comfortable, and relatively quick without a lot of stupid options to break. Except the car driven by by Simon Leis but that was too good of a deal to pass up.

In all of that time I've never had someone sperg on me about pretending to be a cop, not once. That being said I have had people ask me if I'm a cop to which I responded no. Still, the thing about that is I found the more I denied it the people the less they believed me. Oh well, that's their problem.

I now have a Mercury Grand Marquis and a 2011 Lincoln Town Car and I like both of them very much but there was a lot more little crap on them that always needs to be maintained or repaired something that usually wasn't a problem with the police cars.
cont. 1/2

2/2 cont.

I don't know if I would get another one now unless I could get a one of the rebadged Holden Caprices those look pretty nice and I really like both of my older Caprices.

I would say go ahead and get one try and find one with low miles that hasn't sat around and idled forever or one that appears to have at least been well-maintained. If someone ask you why you have it just shrug and say I got a good deal on it and leave it at that they usually won't ask anything further.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, I was kicked out of a gas station in Memphis while driving the blue Crown Vic.
The attendant asked me if it was a former Michigan State Police Cruiser I told him
> yes
he said he thought he'd never see one again. I told him
> well it's just the one today
he chuckled and said
>you can take it and leave right now I'm not taking your money.
I asked him if he was being serious he said
>do I look like I'm joking take that car and get it out of my station right now.
I told him
>fine there's a station across the street that will take my money
he said
>that's fine by me so I left.

That's the only incident I recall ever having . Sorry about the shity green text

>projecting this hard

That's one long sentence.

~90k in cash
~250k in inventory
~50k in blue chip stock
Not bad for a 19 year old highschool dropout desu

Not as long as my dick.

Also I never had problems with any of them in the snow.

My bad, I meant Grand Marquis

Laws would vary by state. If it dusts a few times a year just buy all seasons. Heavier snow, theyre recommended but not required. Plows are pretty good about clearing the roads.

know what else is big, cheap, has a v8 and is good for college? a half-ton pickup truck. Depending on what you mean by a "college car" it could be worth looking into. If you're moving often, the bed will come in handy without a doubt. Plus you can go camping with all your college buddies, do light off-roading, or tow your buds uncles boat to the lake. Hell, with an extended cab you can even seat 5. Maintenance is generally easy enough for you to do yourself. Parts are cheap. Very similar sort of pros and cons list to a crown vic to begin with, plus you have more room and are better off for snow (if 4x4), at the expense of slightly worse mpgs.
Could be worth a look

They're shit and they drink fuel.

Why people think they're any good is beyond me.