Dyson to make electric cars from 2020

bbc.com/news/business-41399497

>due for launch in 2020
>not a single prototype made

Words are coming out of hi mouth for sure.

But tbf, theres more important problems, like the glaringly obvious "Im not buying a car with a vacuum cleaner name on it"

>Dyson Electric Car
Sounds like a clean ride

It'll cost 10 times as much as a Civic while being worse in every single way

But it's okay because it'll look cool

Whatever it is it's probably gonna suck.

You motherfucker...

So it's going to look weird, cost 10x more than a Tesla, and suck at the same time?

I can't wait for the Dyson Wheel-less* automobile.

*it has wheels, they're just hidden from you

/thread.

Dyson is all blow and no go.

They can't even make proper vacuum cleaners anymore. Old one died just a month guarancy expired.
Bought a new one. Not only does it look like shit but made cleaning the house harder since the exhaust for the engine faces the floor and blows dust all over the place, so that the ride never ends.
Brought it back, got a refund and bought the previous not retarded shape like a ball model off the Internet from a private seller. Dyson can go fuck itself with their new retarded vacuum cleaners.

Dude fanless aircon vents lmao

oh boy another meh electric car that normal people wont be able to afford until 10 years after launch

In the future cars are not cars user, Teslas are a great example, soulless and bland consumer tech. You will be buying fashion statement and not a real product like Apple does

All you need is a 3rd party chassis and a 3rd party battery pack and you can call yourself a car manufacturer in the future.
Every company will have their own car, cars will be made by fashion brands.

Fuck handling, fuck fun, fuck soul. You'll be driving Apple and Google cars in the future that look like eggs and have zero feedback. Oh wait, they don't need to have any character because normies want the self driving meme.

Glorified mopedcars for disabled people.

Will we finally get sphere wheels?

Building an EV has a way faster turnover than building a car with a combustion engine.
They could make a tiny Smart car EV and reuse an existing platform.

Dyson is basically a company full of engineers sitting around jerking off all day because they convince retards to buy $1,000 vacuums and $500 fans. They've got plenty of man power to churn out a body and interior to bolt on top of a reused frame.

imagine the cost of replacing those.

I don't remember this thing looking that hideous in I, Robot.

Expect a lot of this. analysts say that in ten years we will only need around 10% of the yearly car production that we have right now. Would be easy to get a big chunk of the market with the right product

>cars will be made by fashion brands

This is a good thing user. Do you really think high end designers are going to make boring cars?

Apparently they're collaborating with Ferrari.

Here's a prototype

Will such a car be immune to viruses then?

Enthusiasts are always going to be a minority in any fucking industry. Money is made off of the plebs that want a functional object that they don't want to think excessively about after the initial purchase. Image is made off the flagship products that you buy. That's not going to change.

Don't forget that the vast majority of cars for the last 100+ years have been soulless, money-making husks of market appeal for the lowest common denominator.

>Order a bunch of Smart ForTwo EV bases, throw in a hydrogen fuel cell and tank, sell as the EV with 1000 mile range

Cars died because the majority of people who buy them are not motorsports enthusiasts. Even sportscars are dead. They're just status symbols and cruisers for scenic roads.

Here's what you get on four wheels: H pattern synchromesh gearbox or autotragic for drivability, broad gears for streetability, softened and raised suspension so it's still a little practical, added weight in the name of safety, detuned smaller FI engine for fuel mileage and torque's sake, comfortable luxury features

Here's what you get if you divide the wheels by two, doubling the danger and filtering out the non-enthusiast influence on the market: Six speed sequential gearbox with super close gearing for faster shifting and reduced weight/drivetrain losses, ultra hardened and lowered suspension with inverted shocks for better handling, reduced weight in the name of going faster, bigger tuned up NA engine that gets a car-like 30mpg for speed's sake, so little luxury that most people who try to ride one for more than twenty minutes get off with severe cramps

>bikes
>even the normiemobiles like harleys are rockets with insane amounts of torque for the size of the vehicle
>cars
>the normiemobiles are so weak they can barely merge onto the highway

i have a plan

we cut the tops off cars and limit them to two seats
and then we put the engine in the back
this makes them dangerous and impractical so boring people won't want them

>What Robots?
>THE GOD DAMN ROBOTS JOHN!

It makes sense they would shoot it from the best angles, but it does look pretty damn cool if you ask me.

oh don't get me wrong, the first time I saw it I was pretty blown away

design feels a little bloated looking back on it now though

it took musk billions of dollars and almost a decade to get tesla where it is now.

I just want someone to make a cheap lightweight MR layout car. I really like the Alfa 4c but it's too expensive and doesn't have a manual.

has less contact patch compared to conventional wheel.

and the roads are filled with MR2 Spyders.

How about we make any tire other than LRR fuel savers not road legal so everyone has to learn how to correct a slide in a snappy MR econobox.

Meanwhile; at Dyson HQ
>shit, we're not relevant anymore
>I know, I'll say something crazy to get hype
>that Musk guy sure knows what he's doing, I'll just do whatever he's doing

that add verbiage is pricless