Engine swap boiii

How hard do you b/o/ys think it would be to swap a coyote into my 2017 ecoboost? And for those who ask why I didn’t just buy a GT, I want to do the swap in a few years when I get out of college and I can actually have fun with it.

Just buy a GT and sell the Boostang, you'll end up spending less.

Or put in a 3.5 EcoBoost so you actually have something interesting.

Then just trade it in and buy a 5.0 when you're ready.

this is fucking stupid and even when you're out of college itll be far cheaper and better to just sell it and buy a gt

>Buyers remorse: the post

You are correct my friend

Is the Ecoboost mustang really that bad, or is it just memes?

Its not bad, its just many buyers regert not buying a GT. The v6 was the bad choice.

I understand swapping 911 engines in Caymans and shit, but it would just be infinitely easier to buy a GT in this case

REGERT?

>when I get out of college
S A G E
A
G
E

Op here, it doesn’t really sound like a pos 4 banger and it has some nice acceleration.

stop spreading memes from Motortrend shills

What about that post is a meme? It's a turbocharged rwd performance car. They've done the hard work for you turboing it. Only thing that sucks is integrated exhaust manifold and that the GT exists.

Swap in one of the 3.5 EcoBoost V6s instead

Why hasn't ford already done this?

>sell mustang
>purchase miata
>swap Honda K20
>install Turbo

>cuck mustangs on the interstate with your nimble, small, maneuverable super car that you built all on your own

>not just slapping a tarbo on the stock BP
The thing was literally built for boost.

The K20 has better market support.
My friend has a turbo D16 (probably the worst engine to turbo) and it cranks out 400hp. Literally less than $3k to build that motor for boost and install a turbo.

>not choosing a major in which you can afford a voodoo

just turn the boots up to like 20 psi or whatever the internals can handle it

I know you guys’ answer is just to sell the ecostang and just buy a veeate. But what if I wanted a long and complicated project to work on that would make my knowledge of cars better with the sink or swim approach. How hard do you guys think that will be? I know there’s all the shit like the motor mounts and the ecu to worry about but what do you guys think

>D16
>worst engine to turbo

k

Seriously OP, don't do it. It wont be a fun experience, it will cost you waaaaaay too much money, will likely never be truly finished, and the coyote you swap in will be 60 horsepower or more down from the newest iteration. Just trade in and get a GT.
Now if you wanted to coyote a Foxbody, sn95 or a newedge, then you would be something.

>boots

Swapping newer vehicles with all the CANbus shit and complicated electronics is a nightmare and nowhere near a beginner project. Something best left to people who are experts.

I wouldn't do it and I'm pretty experienced.

Find another project, like sticking an electronic motor into something that never had it. That will give you a good footing to start doing research on the newer vehicles.

If you really wanted to do it, the answer is to buy a wrecked 2017 GT, because you're likely going to need the whole harness, any extra sensors anywhere on the GT that the eco doesn't have, all the computers, etc.

Why do college kids do this? Seriously

Because we're all idiots

You do know Ford Performance offer tune that takes you to 400~ bhp while preserving your warranty.

you forgot the most important step of owning a miata
>suck a peen

Um...not sure what kind of friends you have but, D series been great for boost.

All engine swaps turn previously reliable and functional cars into barely running shitheaps. There are no exceptions.

Wanna swap your engine eh?
>find a way to drop tranny and drive shaft
>disconnect fuel lines
>completely diassemble high pressure A/C components.
>disconnect all accessories such as power steering, condenser, etc
>completely drain coolant system and disassemble
>disconnect all grounding wires and electronics hooked up to the engine
> undo ignition
>disconnect any cables like throttle cable
>disassemble intake in order to even pull engine out.
>in some instances, car needs to be lifted off engine
> get New engine and do it all again without flaw while taking into consideration the new injectors you will need, new ignition system, new ECU, new fuel pump, and much more .
This shit was off the top of my head. There is even more to it then the simplified version I just have you. It is not cheap and not easy. Be happy you even have a modern functional car. Many here tinker for fun but many others don't do it out of enjoyment but rather because we have to. Stop being fucking stupid.

Better swap,
3.6 vr6 from a new passat
Near straight drop in to
MK4 GLI
Boom.
Extra 100hp
Extra 120ftlbs torque
Cheap ish as far as swaps go

Underrated post

kek this is great

just buy a 5.0 you retard lol