California is a great state for car enthu-

>California is a great state for car enthu-

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-26/california-mulls-following-china-with-combustion-engine-car-ban

It’s basically over, if you live in CA and own guns expect to see the same thing happen. CA just loves banning shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5gFGX43vubM
hybridcars.com/supercapacitor-breakthrough-allows-electric-vehicle-charging-in-seconds/
wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im pretty sure a state banning gas powered cars would be literally illegal.

That hasn't stopped them before. California needs to recede and be swiftly nuked ASAP after.

They ban guns, which is a constitutional protected right.

No such protections for cars. And look at SMOG testing, they did it, and every car maker bent at the knee and made their cars CA legal

This is happening

The state is going to go broke after all the stupid legislation passes. Let it happen and watch them burn.

They're already going broke with healthcare for illegals.

Much of those things directly affect people outside of California too. They need to be stopped

where is all the lithium going to come from?

Seems unlikely unless they also pay for companies to increase production of them like hell. Or it's a "law" that won't take effect for at least 10 years or something.
Or if they want to be silly they could also roll in that high speed rail into it too, cut down on some commuter needs for personal vehicles with proper mass transit.

Apparently Australia and Chile are a fair deal ahead of everyone else.

>the rest of america will soon foLlow suit

BTFO

Assuming they work out expanding supercharger networks and such to be perhaps at least half as common as gas stations and such, which cars would you like to see go electric, or at least have an electric option?
youtu.be/5gFGX43vubM
For instance, would an electric pony car make sense?

>supercharger meme
You can fill a tank of gas in 2 minutes and be on your way. No matter what you can't cram that much energy into the batteries that fast.

i don't blame them

Why do you polshitters always have to force your cringy content on all boards?

Indeed, but setting that stuff aside, what cars would you like to see try an electric platform? I suppose Chevy has the Bolt so would they try to do the Camaro?

But it's not like they aren't aware there needs to be improvement hybridcars.com/supercapacitor-breakthrough-allows-electric-vehicle-charging-in-seconds/
Not sure capacitors are quite there yet for replacing batteries but it's being looked into. For now I suppose they'll just try to add more charging stations to shopping centers or something.

im not from /pol/?????

This is a good thing see car companies won't have to bend over for cuckifornia regulations
maybe it'll just change to new york

They restrict certain guns, and magazines. Though I don't recall when that was, I saw ak's and ar's at outdoor ranges years ago, no one seemed to care so long as no one shot too rapidly, got a warning for doing so with a pistol once.

This'll be the last straw for me, I'll fucking move anywhere else if this becomes a reality.

The African lithium mines owned by the Chinese

Fuck you, stay in your containment state. We don't need any more of you people leaving and then making wherever you go just like the place you just left.

Why?

Every state restricts guns to a certain degree, including the feds.

>land of Freedom

They restrict them the most of any state

Driving less would've done the trick, but that's unamerican, right? Who am I even telling this, I'm on fucking Veeky Forums.

Fuck you faggot, seriously I'll go wherever the fuck I want fuck you and your state

ebin dubs

At least it's not Texas. Didn't work last time, but surely building more lanes will solve traffic and smog the next time.

>those toll lanes

REEEEE

If they're so concerned about emissions, why don't they just expand mass transit?
Build a high-speed rail system.

i want California to physically break off of the rest of the US and drown, killing all California citizens

Because it doesn't keep people trapped in an endless cycle of debt.

probably easier to fix roads than train lines if an earthuake happened

Los Angeles is already monumentally expanding its light rail system. High speed long distance rail isn't going to do anything against local pollution.

nvm that seems like a retarded thing to say now that I look at it

this makes the most sense but my inner /pol/ is telling me this it's probably both

That's why some are trying to get the high speed rail in California. Still seems to be in conflict in the courts.

Yeah, not like Japan doesn't have trains since they're living on a fucking etch-a-sketch plate.

High speed rail between cities just means that to stay competitive people suddenly have to be willing to commute 100 miles every day, so families basically cease to exist and everyone is either miserable or horribly deluded. Keeping it within the city doesn't increase general misery that much for the most part, but it does allow criminals to commute to target areas.

Hopefully the expansion includes train cars built to carry everyone and their bicycles. They're going to need them when suddenly every used car becomes inaccessible to the poverty-stricken masses.

they severely regulate guns, but they cannot by law outright ban all guns. And they don't.

if they outright banned gas powered cars, Im pretty sure oil companies/gas stations and car manufactuers would sue the fuck out of the state, and probably win.

it's also a matter of reducing public choices to a small fraction of what it is, many of those choices very expensive.

any total ban needs to have approval of the federal government.

Sure, some states ban weed and some others dont, but thats because while the federal govt in general can have a stance on it, it mostly delegates to the states. but if something becomes a sufficient enough problem, they can and WILL step in.

For example, the drinking age is 21 by federal law. And states can't lower it by state. That said, they can also decide not to enforce that law as a workaround, and the feds wont really get involved unless theres a significant problem.

But banning a specific type of car outright, particularly such a highly common type- borders on realism. This isn't like when CA banned Diesel cars, since those are barely a blip on the radar anyway. but whether or not hippies like it, Gas powered cars are the common form of transport. Banning that would be crippling to the people who live there, and causes a significant enough problem that the Feds would step in and rule that unconstitutional and block the order.

Not to mention again, I can see quite a few corporate and possibly state lawsuits against CA.

CA is really playing with fire considering the federal government is stacked against them, and they need it more than it needs them.

>Keeping it within the city
"Within" the city. I'd call 30 mile, one hour commutes miserable already, and it's already tearing at the fabric of social, inclusive communities since you can just move away from whatever displeases you instead of fixing it.

>High speed rail between cities just means that to stay competitive people suddenly have to be willing to commute 100 miles every day
So what? If you can travel that 100 miles in under an hour, then you're still saving a shitton of time for people that commute from the suburbs for work.

Americans against themselves
Like pottery

Sue on what basis? You can't sue if no law has been broken. And the lawsuit hazard is just a symptom of how self-righteous large corporations have become. What, we have to change our products for the market? What, competition? Get bent, we'll sue you and you'll keep living in smog!

Also states can lower the drinking age, but the feds for some twisted reason linked it to highway funds when they raised it. Maybe drunk driving, who knows?

Its not the 100 miles thats time consuming, its getting to and from the train stations and bus stops and waiting for the transportation to arrive. It's only for a few people that the high speed rail will actually be convenient because they're not going to put it everywhere, and for everyone else its going to make that 100 mile commute merely feasible from the point of view of human resources.

And that's exactly why LA is building dense light rail, not high speed rail.

>because they're not going to put it everywhere

High-speed rail between cities.
Light rail within cities.

They will never build it its been plannedfor 25 years just sucking up money.
Its the big cities SF,LA,and stupid libs ij power that fuck it up. The real people live in central valley we are totally against them but out numbered 100 to 1

If you're outnumbered you're clearly not the real people.

Yes. Smog check is a scam. Although there are loopholes. Diesel powered vehicles pre-1997 or pre-1975 gasoline engines.

Why do Americans think bans and restrictions are the same thing?

Always have Americans trying to tell me guns are illegal in Australia too but they aren't...

1000 cuts arr rook same

i thought it was supposed to be a revolving cutoff date, you know, next year 1976 etc

I believe it's a firm cutoff of 1975. Also, I heard there is a bill being introduced to bump up the year to 1980.

I hope they do it so all of those rust free cars have to be removed from the state, flooding the used car market.

Because when they can't outright ban something, you restrict bit by bit it to the point where the average person cannot get it or they get fucked by the goverment.

Look at California complaint AK's and AR's. First they banned 30 round mags after a certain date and made bullet buttons (cannot remove mag without a tool) required if the rifle has a pistol grip and adjustable stock. Then they changed the definition of 'Assault weapon features' to include bullet buttons, and forcing people to register or convert so you cannot remove the magazine without dissembling the rifle. Then the banned even the grandfathered standard capacity magazines,making it a felony to be in possession of one.

Then there is the whole pistol roster that has banned all but revolvers and some autoloaders made before the list was made.

And now they require ammo to be shipped to ffl, and more fees.

LA is a 40K tier hiveworld of shit and no amount of legaslation can save it at this point. best we can hope is a fuck huge earth quake/tsunami to wipe the area clean

Americans have been fighting with each other since 1861. Except we were way more violent then.

So a background check is going to stop 99% of Americans from getting a gun lol?

>can't even distinguish that ammunition is not a firearm

What are you, five?

build a ghost gun you cuck

>implying I live in Peoples Republic of California

Californians are not Americans

Because we're not dumbfucks, like you?

don't argue with republicans

t. Cleetus

>republicans
Ah, they're not all bad. Their economic policies tend to work better than the shit we churn out here in Cali. This tends to get obliterated by their moronic social policies, though.

bloomberg.com... Hey look a leftist plug and shithole.
The only thing good about this state are the roads. If they ban ICE then I am out. I already want to leave because of how the big cities control the state.

>A state that allows over 1 million illegal aliens to have drivers licences and would rather give welfare instead maintaining dams so they don't collapse
>uses 10% of its water for fucking almonds while complaining about drought
>has the gall to call others stupid

t. Lives in a flyover state

Sperg more

u mad bro?

>none
>never

And everyone would move out of California essentially making them not even a state anymore. Fuck California law makers

This

this

They are building a high speed rail.

>tfw you don't live in a shithole known as commiefornia

I wish. If we were broke, home prices wouldn't be through the roof and traffic wouldn't be so bad. Things are crazy here, in the economically good way. Go figure. If you use an Android phone or iPhone and Google, Yahoo, or AskJeeves, you're welcome.

You can have a fairly extensive gun collection. We have more restrictions on carrying, and a silly rule that assault rifles don't count as assault rifles if you need to push a hard-to-reach button (like with a pen) to eject the magazine. So CA-legal AR 15s have those buttons.

The EPA was started after CA started cracking down on smog, and that's one major reason why states are allowed to impose rules beyond the EPA's. To a point - I think the EPA can strike down state-specific rules.

More to the point - this is similar to when CA required that 1% of cars be electric by (some year that's gone by already) and they revised that goal when it was obviously not going to happen. They'll set a target date at which it'd be nice to be fully electric, but it won't be grounded in reality and it won't actually affect car owners or power generation companies.

>the drinking age is 21 by federal law

No it isn't, all the states keep it at that so they receive highway funding. It's not federal legislation, it's the feds twisting the individual states collective arm.

This shit pisses me off every time I remember it. It's how the Feds work around the 10th amendment every time.
Don't have control over a state issue?
Just tie it to money, so the current leadership risks getting thrown out for "not accepting".

>the peoples republic of chinafornia

If Jim Kong ever does launch something, I hope it’s headed for the San Francisco Bay Area. That’s a place that needs the kind of cleaning only a nuke could provide.

Pic related, it’s the motto of that entire God forsaken shithole.

San Francisco is full of rich, successful, silicon valley type people though, most of the poor people got pushed out. Do you believe dated stereotypes because you're a flyover hick loser?

>no no we're not poor people we're upper middle class liberals who believe they know how everyone should live
i'm a bay area fag and i still hate your guts, christ

Wait, did cali fags actually believe this? There is nothing that shithole is great at expect taking away personal liberties.

LA is home to the largest car community in the world.

Stop being jealous.

california is notable for having a lot of enthusiasts despite the state itself being terrible for most things
problem is that central valley faggots think it's because the state's a communist hellhole and not because this is how you wring profit out of the populace most efficiently

that's true, there's like 1.5 cars per person in LA

there's so many fucking roads here they'll never bother maintaining and people live in such spread out suburban areas that public transportation infastructure is too costly that banning ICEs is unfeasable.

Plus all the other various CA agencies involved in car regulation (DMV, BAR, etc), they'd flip their shit if some elected twinks in the legislature managed to force this shit through.

But at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. This state is full of terribly uninformed voters who just want more gibmedats and taxing "whypippo" corporations.

It's legally a hellhole, but the weather is conducive to the elements not eating cars like most of the fucking USA.

Not too hot, not too cold, not wet, it's justttttttttt right.

>San Francisco is full of rich, successful, silicon valley type people though, most of the poor people got pushed out

The poor people did not get pushed out, they are living on the street shitting up whats left of the place.

>The poor people did not get pushed out
Yeah, they did, because they can't afford shit there anymore.
The people you're talking about are beyond poor. They're more like destitute.

>The state is going to go broke after all the stupid legislation passes.
They are paying for the retirements (food, shelter, healthcare, social welfare) of all the legal and illegal immigrants from mexico.

I don't care if those extra lanes offer no value they look sweet as fuck its like a giant river of road

California is still a top-rated state in all the surveys for activities and lifestyle. As for Veeky Forums, California is #1 for car-based road trips and activities if you are price-insensitive and still is in the top 10 if you only care somewhat about the price. Cal is also conveniently close to oregon and washington which are also good places for a huge variety of activities.

wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648/

The problem is the crime rate.

Are you comparing a nation praised for its work ethic and ingenuity to the fucking pants-on-head retards in California?

>the fucking pants-on-head retards in California
That's just the state legislature.

What phone do you use?

Or just live in a no smog county like the rich people in government who don't smog their cars.