/gwt/ - GWENT: The Witcher Card Game General

Fuck Waifufags Edition

New dev stream on monday (with official patch notes).
twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/873179873090646017

>Unofficial Patch Notes
gwentdb.com/news/114-gwent-balance-and-game-changes-coming-soon#

>Useful Links
playgwent.com
gwentdb.com/

>What Legendary/Epic card should I pick?
gwentify.com/card-picker/

>Cinematic Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5yu7FVZOyAo
>Gameplay Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=sKqy04OmOGo

>Gwent Faction Videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLU38xdPjmayBOHQ7q7V7O4LVK5HilH-FK

>All Charcter Voicelines
forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/general-discussions-aa/8341630-list-of-all-gwent-character-voice-lines

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PvE4LQSNMpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for Emhyr did nothing wrong

>in cb, gwt made a new thread to ignore discordfags
>in ob, gwt made a new thread to ignore trissfag

this general is white & based

Are we really starting this multiple threads faggotry already?

PRAISE BE TO THE GREAT SUN!

Starting a new thread to ignore the waifu autist is a good thing though. We just fucked up by making one extra.

Fifth for the Northern Kingdoms

>90% of the cards in this pic are absolute shit
wew

What?
You can get almost any deck you want before you reach level 15 or something.
And that's coming from someone who got shit all gold wise in kegs, I crafted every gold and silver I needed, and some bronzes even.

youtube.com/watch?v=PvE4LQSNMpQ

This flaming homosexual is right about the match making in that like most things in this game, despite the efforts of the devs, it's very swingy. I was worldwide 4th place like 5 days ago then fell to 2700 MMR then back up to 3150 where I am now. The 2500+ MMR experience is nothing like how you experience ranked at the start.

>you get to meet most if not all of these characters during the witcher games
>half of the named nilfgaard characters are only mentioned ingame by souvenirs owned by a dwarf with a closeted nilfgaard fetish

really makes you think

Did you do it by maximizing your dailies each day? How many wins is that exactly?

>Nilfgaard characters are canon
>half of NR characters aren't

really gets the noggin joggin

Well, /gwt/? I don't play much of MO or NG, but I hope to expand to them at some point. Obviously Regis isn't the pick.

Left

I'm on a 9 games loss streak AMA

Ge'els is really really solid, you can use him in literally every Monsters deck.

Rainfarn is also very good in Calveit, not so much in Emhyr and Morvran, though.

I say pick one which benefits you the most.

if you have some good silvers or golds for monsters already, pick ge'els
if you have some spies like joachim or cantarella pick rainfarn

Ge'els if you plan on having a tier 0 deck after the patch, Rainfarn if you plan on having a tier 1 deck after the patch

Righto i'll go with Henselt, and i've added Royal Decree.
On top of that I bought Nenneke and put her in as well.

You reckon this deck is better now?

That greentext, what did you mean by that?
Nilfgaard lost the first two Northern Wars, just because they lose doesn't mean they get destroyed.

Keep in mind, only Emhyr wanted to conquer the North, ever since the 2nd war, the nobles and merchants wanted him to stop, they even hindered Nilfgaardian reinforcements in the 2nd and 3rd Northern Wars.

If Emhyr loses, (which is in the hands of Geralt, a Nordling Witcher) than no one will dare to march on the new Northern Empire for now. Perhaps in a few years someone crazy might give it a shot.

Also, the only reason Nilfgaard stands a chance in the 3rd Northern War is because Letho Assassinated The king of Aedirn and Temeria (they tried with Kaedwen) They also started the witch hunt in the North, all of this was to soften them up for the 3rd invasion.

In short, Nilfgaard needs to constantly rely on Witchers to win, cause in the first two wars when they tried by them-self, it failed spectacularly

I only do the first two tiers of dailies, 6 and 12 rounds.

ded gaem

Alright thanks friend I'm just starting out and trying to build a collection.

If gwent dies, this general dies with it

Nah just then influx of hearthstone babs left since they are actually punished for misplay in this game.

not that related but I really hated the outcomes of that quest. Either you have mad lad Rad ruling the north, have to help that cunt Djikstra rise to power while killing Roche who was a total bro in Witcher 2, or having Emhyr take the north because Roche only cares about "muh free temeria".

Gwent will never die as hard as her

If you aren't going to use the armor eating unit then the dudes to the left of Knight elects are kinda useless
Remove them and add cleaver I think
The basic gameplan should be to either win with normal units and save Henselt+reavers for round 3 or if you have nenneke in hand you can use her to use reavers in 2 rounds
Reinforcements card would also help since being able to play any unit from deck is pretty useful with Reavers(Pull out Nenneke to bring them back, or pull one of the Reavers Nenneke borught back to the board so you can use Henselt on him)

i like that cat

A full Gwent collection is much easier than most card games, especially if you do the dailies and wait for the patch to hit before you mill. Good luck, user.

hot

I got a vain hope that her bugfix counts as a nerf somehow, got a premium version of this cunt and a free 800 scrap would be nice.

>Wait for the patch to hit before you mill

Oh shit I didn't know about that. Thanks for the heads up!

they are changing the mill value of commons from 5 to 10 and rares from 10 to 20 after the patch. Also 5 days after the patch hits, nerfed cards can be milled for full value.

Yeah, I absoloutly hated it as well. For me I really liked Dijkstra, he grew on me. At first I just thought he was a cunt, but he grew into a bloody terrific guy.
I'm on my first play through my blind loyalty to Roche made me kill Dijkstra, I've always regretted that, and I feel like many people fell for that meme as well. Helping Nilfgaard win by helping out our bro Roche.

It took me a while to fully come with terms that Roche is just a turncoat, and a fucking idiot. (even though it was CDPR's fault for not fleshing out one of the most important quests.)
Roche is the real traitor, especially when I gave Anais to Radovid, her and Adda are both in Tretogor, the last heirs of Foltest are within Redania yet Roche just has to act retarded for "muh temeria" Almost wish we get to kill him ourselves.

Wow, this is genuinely great advice, thank you user. You're really helped me out.
I'll look into getting Operator/Reinforcements, and the advice you've laid out for me will seriously help me win many games.
Cheers user.

Witcher 3 as a whole had some absolutely retarded questlines and characters, especially antagonists, hated Ciri too.
It was a better game as a whole but witcher 2 blows its story out of the water
>inb4 fuck off to /wtc/

it makes matters worse that I imported my W2 save so I get to see the blue stripes drunken tattoo with almost any armor

1600 scrap for a premium if its nerfed

who is this swim kid and why does he take credit for literally every deck in existence

Also forgot one thing
Sile only works with bronze cards, so you should change commanders horn for that one bronze card that boosts 3 units if you feel you don't usually manage to hit the 5 units commanding horn hits

if i make woodland spirit premium i will get 1600 scrap? or its only for weather golds and tibor?

fuck off to /wtc/

Isn't the spirit getting a buff? The super refund is only for nerfed cards

He's an ugly freak who copied and modified some top tier decks and took all the credit for himself.
Right now he's creating some cancer decks on twitch to feel betetr about being a disgusting slob and kiddies copy them in order to climb the ladder.

Why do people copy decks? I have never understood this in card games. I can understand having a very similar deck, but I'm talking specifically about people who copy other peoples' decks card for card. Is winning really that important to people? Do they just doubt themselves? Do they get the illusion of min/maxing? Why don't people realize meta games are created by the players themselves, not the balance? If people cared more about fun and creation, you wouldn't have stale meta games which exist in pretty much any competitive multiplayer game.

Do you really think copying that NG gives you an edge against anyone else?

can't imagine why

In case people are not aware how significant this means:

Average keg now contain minimum 60 scraps. If you play enough to get 3 kegs reward each day that means you can craft a legend of choice every 4-5 days.

>Why
stopped reading there

>win against netdecking weather monsters
>+23
>defeat Mulligan ST
>+63

Why?

Do you not understand how elo works?

Somehow the meta today is different and there are weather monsters everywhere.

>finally get a chance to play open beta
>have 100 kegs from closed beta
>open them
>mill the spares
>literally 6 hours later they announce increased mill yield
Honestly fuck this game
What's your point, we already know he takes credit for literally every deck known to man

Yeah, the minimum mill value of a keg literally doubled. You are guaranteed to craft a legendary milling 14 kegs now.

In comparison the milling value of an average pack in Hearthstone is 40 (5 for commons and 20 for rare) but a legendary is 1600 dust, so 40 fully dusted packs for a legendary.

Yeah, I agree with you. My biggest gripe was the politics. It turned from the all Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaard, the Order of the Flaming Rose etc.

In Witcher 3 it's Redania, Redania, Nilfgaard and Redania.
I hated some of the characters as well especially Whoreson Junior, most generic evil guy I've ever fucking seen.
Witcher 3 improved over practically everything besides the story Witcher 1 and 2 had FAR better story's by a mile.
>tfw I cared about the Order of the Flaming Rose/Siegfried of Denesle more than Ciri

I feel sorry for you man, the tattoo is great but it cements the failure of CDPR even more with how they fucked the Reason of State quest. )

lel

Ahh thanks, I forgot about that little error, having the Bronze boost card is better.

Also
>No cards with Siegfried or Jacques de Aldersberg.
Step up your game Gwent.

>Have 1100 MMR
>Playing in Casual because I'm f2p and need to get some more cards before I rank
>Facing opponents with 2500+ MMR, even fought someone who was in the top 50 this morning
>They're also like level 25+ when I am level 11
>They all have super meta decks and shit

Why am I facing such high level and high skill people when I am level 11 with shitty MMR? These obviously some of the most skilled people in the game, and it's frustrating because I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage.

Witcher 3 does feature the Bloody Baron quest line, which is probably their best quest in all of the wither series. Well written, well acted, and actually makes you consider a lot of things. It's a shame that the rest of the game wasn't as well written as that part.

They said they're gonna do something for people who already scrapped their cards. I don't think that means a full refund (because they would have said so) but they implied they're doing something.

Maybe they'll throw you some free kegs, a blank amount of scrap, or something. I know how you feel though, I opened like 150 kegs from the closed beta and scrapped it all. Thankfully I haven't scrapped anything since I started playing, so I'll get like 5,000 scrap from my current card stockpile.

Casual matchmaking is separate and probably fucked.
Just play ranked and forget about the virtual penis measure until you get a better deck and want to climb.

>tfw when your kayran beats a tiborshitter

I don't feel like falling a bunch of ranks and being forced to climb back up. That seems like a miserable experience, but so is playing against 3000 MMR people in casual, so I think I'm fucked either way.

Casual Matchmaking seems to work in a less strict way than ranked matchmaking. Though I see your point and CDPR should work on casual matchmaking to basically match you again someone in your same level.

>CDPR bows to swim
>in contact with rethaz
>posses psychic-like abilities
>controls his local orphanage with an iron, but fair fist
>his name is on every sexual predators list globally
>direct decendant of an ancient royal blood line
>will bankroll the first gwent research facilities in America
>owns 99% of gwents balancing team
>he is said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in Tibetan monasteries & Area 51
>Ancient Indian scriptures tell of an ugly fatass who will descend upon Earth and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
> you likely have swimbots inside you right now
>Swim is in regular communication with the Archangels Ben Brode and Richard Garfield
>he learned the new meta in under a day
>The Gwentlemen team entrusts all their ore reserves to him
>he is about 7 decades old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by our society
>In reality, he is a timeless being existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope that he's a benevolent being

I don't. Could you explain?

How do I counter the fucking reavers?

Hmm, that's good to know. I hope they go through with it. Companies like Riot/Blizz always stick to "You were okay paying for that price before the sale so no refund :)" type logic

2-0 them

You don`t lose ranks in ranked only mmr

Just play ranked, it's more fun than casual anyway.

Not that user but the current MMR system basically works that if you face someone of higher MMR than you you gain much more points than you would lose, on the contrary if you face someone with lower MMR you would win much less points that if you lose.

This is why at certain point you stop queuing for ranked games after 15 seconds and start again.

Swim is so disgusting. Every video of him he looks like he just woke up from sleeping 13 hours.

Depending on your deck you basically 2-0 them or milk them in round 2 out of their combo.

>losing mmr for draws

>best written in the series
I have to disagree with that, It wasn't that amazing.

>I cannot live another day under Trump's presidency

well time to drop swim

how do you beat dagon fog/deatwish as nilfgaard?

He needs a hair cut. I don't know why he goes around with his ugly jewfro.

>A’anval neen orde!

and what am I supposed to lock? 2 of the 8 eggs and golems?
the best thing is vanhemar but he's still not enough to beat this

LOL he actually said that? Fucking commifornians and their retarded world views.

>Bringing up politics
How_To_Lose_Views-101

Even someone like Brian Kibler is a complete anti-Trump psycho but he never mentions politics in his videos and just keeps it to himself. Virtue signaling will never get you more views, all it will do is alienate some of your current ones. Be they Trump fans or even just people who are sick of politics. Never, ever bring that shit up.

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES

everyone's watching swim or lifecoach

GLITTER ROCKS GOOD

The original Gwent streamer has been abandoned by his own viewers. Poor fag.

Merchant said that kbt doesn't work hard enough on his stream, that he became a sunday streamer after the open beta or some shit like that, and that losing viewers is entirely his fault

>she can now put special cards back in your deck without breaking the game

how would what that be a nerf

Link? Or at least the date when he said that?

Damn that seems harsh, but could be true since KBT has a dayjob as well and even his Youtube content has been going down as well.

I still like KBT and watch his tube
I just think he sucks at this game

This, all it does is make people who will never watch pat you on the back.

I'll get shat on with for this ,but I visited his discord once and he said that in the off-topic section

He does suck though. He isn't a great player and usually makes misplays all the time.

And now KBT is far behind on MMR compared to Lifecoach, SJJ

>I just think he sucks at this game
He isn't THAT bad, but when you realize that he only plays tier 20 memeshit like the old vrans or the current Bloody Baron, he gets stale really really fast. Last time I checked up on him he was around 1.8k mmr as well which is much lower than even me and I've pretty much only played for like 3-4 days after the open beta started.

did anyone here encountered Merchant or other streamer in ranked or causal?

I don't pay attention to the names of my opponents.

I've played against Forsen a couple of weeks ago, he pretty much thrashed me with some skellige shit, can't really remember now

The guy works as a TA while Merchant dropped everything to work as a streamer fulltime. Time will tell who was the wiser