/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and teaser:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ALfkAh4iZ6o

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc. translations
pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/06/08/from-persona-5-to-project-re-fantasy-how-atlus-is-preparing-for-its-next-big-rpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Changing the order is not non-linear, you still end up at the same point in the end. Even open-world games only give you the illusion of non-linearity, you don't actually get to choose what to do or forge your own story freely, everything is constrained and restricted. Most importantly, the main story remains 95% the same. You even have this in procedurally generated roguelikes.

Again, having the option to go by bike or take a car or any scenario you can extrapolate from this is not actually non-linear.

Also, the Breath of Wild example you state is exactly what Persona lets you do with the social links or Mementos. You can do links or missions completely or not not at all, and also in the order you want for the most part, after they are unlocked. You basically argued that Persona has non-linearity.

>You basically argued that Persona has non-linearity.
By definition, yeah, it does have nonlinear elements, though the fact that time marches on and mandatory story cutscenes and such will keep happening and that you have to do the main Palaces makes it feel significantly more linear than BotW.

I think what you're trying to say is that there isn't a good example of a game where your choices really matter and fundamentally alter the course of the story, and something like Fallout or SMT where you'll do most of the same content but get different cut scenes just don't cut it in that regard.

Can Press Turn and Demon Co-op be fused?

Yes, but they probably shouldn't be.

Most persona veterans move to Studio Zero

ign.com/articles/2017/06/08/from-persona-5-to-project-re-fantasy-how-atlus-is-preparing-for-its-next-big-rpg

effect of the future persona game?
Is atlus hate persona series?now p studio lost many veteran member

I wonder if i will live enough to see QDS fully translated

Atlus isn't stupid enough to hate their best selling series
Hashino proved himself and now gets to make his own IP
Persona will do fine for one or two more entries even if the new team is shit

Is it good?

is Neutral god tier alignment?

Neutral is objectively correct as of SMTIV

No, Law is the closest to the God tier

But Infernal Tokyo is more satisfying to its citizens than normal Tokyo

Fair point, but none of the chaos endings lead to Infernal Tokyo other than Past Flynn's.

Chaos and Law are so bad in IV that Atlus had to force people to play them by making the game one long personality test.

IV's Chaos ending seems like Infernal Tokyo with Flynn assuming the role of Kenji

Maybe? The thing that makes Infernal Tokyo fun is everyone fusing with demons.

>new team is shit
it will kill the persona , prove that atlus hate persona

Why is nu persona so successful? Are personafags brainless drones like the pokefags who decades later, still plays what is effectively the same shit again and again?

I mean, let's not kid ourselves, the combat is pretty much secondary and could as well not be there for what it matters in persona games compared with social shit taking the spotlight, and the "plot" is pretty much an excuse to give it an end rather than an important element of the game. Judging by what I read in some persona forums and sites, they more vocal player base care more about waifus and shipping than about its paper thin plot or game mechanics, with most game mechanics discussion being about babbies bitching about how they can't handle instant kills.

So yeah, what is exactly its charm? It is the whole loser pretending to be a chad that gets the perfect school life or something?

I want to "fuse" with Tiamat.

Please explain why you think Atlus hates its most successful franchise. Creative teams get shuffled around all the time for reasons that the average consumer doesn't have insight into.

People like the calendar based daily life thing with Social Links and such. Other people hate it. It's not complicated.

I like them like I like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, they are comfy with good aesthetic and nice OST in town

index atlus hate smt
, index atlus smt game become more low low-budget
sega atlus love smt , hate persona , new smt game have budget ,
Most persona veterans move to Studio Zero,
p studio only have spin off b team

Your understanding of business is even worse than your English.

It appeals

People like thing, there's no point getting so assblasted about it. Persona has it's own general for a reason.

>using the term nu Persona unironically

Are you purposefully trying to be the most stereotypical angry SMTfag you can be?

But harvest moon isn't pretty much all about socializing. It has its perks and expanding home for a growing family is comfy, but that doesn't almost entirely overshadows the main gameplay of farm life with some doses of mining and fishing in some titles and combat in its spinoffs. There's a nice balance between all activities, even if some are more profitable than others

What's wrong with Nu persona as a term? There's a very clear distinction between persona games and they could as well be different spinoffs considering the changes it went through. It is no different from making the distinction between the original and prequel star war trilogies

why does lucifer look like an alien? what was wrong with classic angel design

no,smt 3 add true demon ending, smt sj add a new ending, smt4a peace ending change smt 4 neutral ending

Persona does things with the RPG genre that other games simply do not which is why people like it. I don't like 4 but 3 and 5 are fine.

Bonds ending is Neutral, and the SJ one probably will be too.

Guest designers, and probably they tried to make IV "different" considering the redesigns of designs that weren't outdated

Someone decided to bring in guest artists to design the new demons, and for some reason not only the new demons but the major plot demons got redesigned too. Thankfully you can see Kaneko Gabriel in the SMT HD trailer. I expect them to reuse the P5 model for Lucifer if he's in the game. Though I'd like to see them do an HD model of his angel form.

Because the series was changed to the current model almost 10 years ago, so either your butthurt knows no bounds and you've been bitching about the series for nearly a decade, or you're a newfag who played the originals with the PSP remakes and decided to be a hipster shit and let everyone know how cool you are by bashing the later games.

Either way it's retarded, people like the newer games and that's fine, you need to move on son.

I'm trying to think just what they could even do with a new ending in SJ. TDE was basically the Chaos option in III but in SJ all the routes have been covered. I'm hoping they don't pull another White ending

That doesn't answer why nu persona is wrongly used

Well with a whole new dungeon and character I'm sure they can come up with something. Bonds ending, where Zelenin and Jimenez join you and Alex to do...something?

smt4a is direct by new team, si update is not

Calling 3, 4 and 5 "nu persona" implies the older games have any relevance to the series.

>SJ bonds ending
Pleae stop

They don't to underage bitches

Even better! Social links is a go!

Instead of chaos or law points, you need to spend time with your pals Zele-zele chan, your bro Jimenez, or Gore-sempai (his S link continues even when he's dead and reaches its conclusion when he returns as the ubergestalt)

The one you get a higher social link level with invites you to spend a beautiful night in private to talk about your blossoming friendship and then you are railroaded into becoming his/her BFF and follow his ending.

Failing to get any social link up to level 5 leaves gets you the default Alex ending where you do stuff with her.

get your anus ready

Persona 3 put me off from playing Persona entirely. It was such a boring game all around.

HOLY SHIT
STOP JUST FUCKING STOP

Ar Tonelico did better and it was a hella lot less annoying the whole JRPG with VN segments.

I can see where he is coming from though. First 2 persona games put more emphasis on human party members and all that yet it still felt SMT-y and was mostly about mysteries and all that shit. While third and fourth ones still had some of that, that's where social stuff started taking the spotlight. Didn't play 5 so can't say anything about it.

Terms are as bad as you make them to be. You can see it as "new so it's shit" but i see it as "new ones with S-links" since i am a neutral fag and avoid all conflict.

Agreed. I use it to refer to the slinks and special snowflake MC era persona games, never saw any malice on how it is used

>Neutral avoiding conflict
You got it wrong buddy

Yeah, Neutral isn't pacifist route, it's the kill all law and chaos representants route. If something, it is the most blood stained of routes besides special routes like demon or anarchy

Bonds is an exception since you can avoid killing anyone and there aren't any law or chaos reps to speak of that aren't demons

>somehow end up getting neutral alignment SMTIV on what i decide to be my first "full" playthrough (i dropped the game prior due to the first part of the game)
>talk to masakado, etc
>i need to complete all the challenge quests i didn't fucking do
>i skipped like 95% of them
welp time to drop this game again, it was fun while it lasted

Up to the point where you kill everybody i mean. When law and chaos fags keep pestering you and you're like, yeah, i'll think about it or just agree with both.

Never did bonds do I wouldn't know. Honestly I never beat YHVH in war. Got too damn boring

Walter pls go.

why is he so perfect

>perfect
>wants to feed Tokyo to a black hole

but he is kind and has fluffy hair

How does this shit work? In the White ending, the hole swallows up everything. The difference I suppose is that in White you damage the reactor and in Law Merkabah presses a button, am I to take it that the Yamato Perpetual Reactor has a function built into it to create a Tokyo sized black hole that then disappears?

>Didn't your parents teach you any manners, you (asterisks)

I'm assuming this is a joke.

SMT x Twin Peaks when?

I tried.

No shit, I'm sure you've heard the fuck word by that point in the game

I don't remember anyone saying fuck so far.

Truly, we have become the FExSMT

M A T T
E
R
C
E
R

the white were right

> tokyo-sized black hole
reeeeeeeeeeeeee that's not how it works
A tokyo-sized black hole would tear the entire planet apart before anyone realized.

>wants to feed Tokyo to a black hole
>not feeding tokyo into a black hole

In the white ending you make the reactor go haywire and let it destroy everything.

In law Merky probably uses some of his and the angels' power to confine the black hole to just tokyo through spacetime fuckery. It's shown through the purgatorium and the time dilation that they are capable of pulling off such things.

FExSMT

Well maybe Merkabah was serious about the Great Abaddon thing and it's actually a demon swallowing Tokyo and not a physics black hole.

Matt did one hell of a job is Walt.

I think that's just a term. It's not like we saw a giant Abaddon eating everything, nor do I think Merkabah's whole quest to kill lucifer would even be necessary if he could just get an angel/demon to do it.

why gideon zhi hate smt ?

My favorite thing about you is that you post the same thing in every thread

no, in smt 4, he is law exclusive

And he's also extremely easy to recognize due to poor grammar and sentence structure. I want the ESLfag to go away.

he don't want to finish if....

Masakado

But the black hole in White ending ignores Masakado. I think >In law Merky probably uses some of his and the angels' power to confine the black hole to just tokyo through spacetime fuckery.
is probably the most reasonable answer.

You might as well skip to Apocalypse at this point

Yeah that's true you don't actually need to know anything about IV that takes place after that point to understand Apocalypse, since it starts when Flynn is wrapping up the side quest thing.

agree, smt4a change smt4 neutral ending

Well if you didn't do any side quests you'll miss the Nozomi, Odin, and Navarre stuff.

Something just occurred to me. Are the norse always evil when important?

>loki in books
>Odin in IVA
>Thor in 1 and 3

Well you can side with Thor in SMT1, and I wouldn't say he's necessarily "evil" in Nocturne either. Loki is helpful in DeSu, but he is what he is. Generally they're antagonists, though, yeah.

Odin's not really evil in IVA either. I'd say that other than Loki, they're not really evil, but you almost always have to fight them.

Thoman is still my favorite name in the series

Is digital devil saga/ digital devil saga 2 ending, a bond ending?

> is the cycle of reincarnation a bond ending
IVA has gone too far and done too much damage. This needs to stop.

No, retarded fans (like him) and the idiots that reply to them (like you) are what's been causing the most damage.

Just finished DeSu2.

Liked it a lot, even much better than OC. But what the fuck is up with the demons? Seriously, for a series whose core focus is on, you know, demons, RB just sort of ignores them. Most of the big bosses aren't demons, Alcor's relation with the demons is never explained, Io is kind of curious at first about a demon realm but then just loses interest and that goes nowhere, and there's no talk about how demons are related to Akasha.

Did I just miss something or is there nothing more to demons than just 'tools to fight stars'?