/GORPM/ - General of Online Role Playing Multiplayer

This general is for discussing old or upcoming RPG Multiplayer that can't sustain in their own general/forum/reddit. If you are on one of these niche/forgotten games, looking for a friend, guild, or just want to know the state of the game, discuss here.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/PvP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So far so good. Maybe too good

What RPG Multiplayer are you guys playing right now?

my quick reading is failing me i've read in Veeky Forums today:

>The iDOLM@STER
The iDOLMOLESTER

>one of these
obese

Anyone play Everquest on P1999 or the new official progress server? I'm wondering how populated they are at low levels.

Don't you have to pay for the progressive one? There probably more people in the lower level than P1999 if it recent enough.

>tfw no games to be excited about

How about albion or any crowdfunding ones?

>crowdfunding

No

I play on p99. Population is 600-1500, you'll find plenty of people online to goof around with. Gfay for example will have ~30 people on average.

Most people cruise the same zones for reaching 60 asap.
1-6 Gfay
6-12 Crushbone
12-27 Unrest
27-35 Mistmoore
35-50 City of Mist

You'll never want for other people in those zones.

Thats pretty lewd

I have characters on blue and red but haven't played in ages.

Not even sure red is still online, it was always such low pop. But blue was low pop as well.

Red has a pop of like 50 to blue's ~1000, which is pretty lel

I keep trying to level around freeport like an idiot, maybe I should try that then

It is true. Although you can find people willing to go on adventures and do some funny shit as well.

There's a bunch of people I logged on a few months ago and it's still going strong :)

>Red has a pop of like 50
What the hell do the players do in Red? I can't really picture them pvping that much for such a small population.

were do I find sum gud fuk

That's a good question

I can only fathom it's like one guild who loves having a server to themselves or people at level cap just endlessly ganking each other in a big conga line

>you will never be able to go back to before everyone was a super saiyan
>You will never feel motivated to log in and stun a wolf by yelling at it really hard

why live

Was EQ only good because I was 13 when it came out? That game gave me dopamine surges unlike any game I played before or since, including Duck Tales for the NES. I just realized you can play it for free, will my old ass be disappointed?

I've never played EQ but keep meaning to try out the progression server. P1999 is free since it's a private server, the official progression one requires a daybreak sub/pass/whatever-its-called.
Also not sure how populated it is (i'm guessing you could find out somewhere) but I do know that at least at the launch of the legacy servers they are pretty packed. I think they taper off after that but that seems normal.

Albions looks poop, in my opinion. I'd be happy if it wasn't, tho.
I'm not "excited" but am hopeful for some crowdfunded ones. Crowfall would be one of those.
But nothing ever good happens so I'm prepared for disappointment and dying alone.

The one in live is very different than the one you remember back them. Then there is Project 1999, which was created to let Everquest players play the the launch version while not dealing with all the changes in the live one, and there the progression server, which start from the beginning and gradually add more update and expansion later on until it match to that of the Everquest 1 we have now.

>start a character on live
>doing world of warcraft style quests in the tutorial
>realize I'll probably never get to the endgame and even if I do I won't be any useful because I haven't been playing for 15 years

>start on Project 1999
>can't even autoattack a white level mob without getting to half health
>feel like a baller because I sold enough Worn Great Staffs to buy leather armor for my druid
>realize I'll probably never get past level 8 because everyone who's played this is a veteran that knows what to do and how to twink so hard they just solo

JUST

why bother keeping this thread alive, just let it die and we can merge into ammg until someone mentions that game

To respect their wish. They don't want to discuss MM games like Project Gorgon or Everquest. Try talking about MM there without being told it offtopic.

true story, someone wanting to play on P1999 with grouping and gearing from dungeons and shit should just join a lower tier leveling guild and base your grouping playtime around others', and do solo shit in the off hours.

>playing secret world legends beta
>try out the Punisher class (shotgun/hammer)

This class is good. Shotgun's well designed, and looks to become an amazing semi-ranged tank for endgame.

>realize I'll probably never get past level 8 because everyone who's played this is a veteran that knows what to do and how to twink so hard they just solo
That's how I always feel when I try to play on a UO shard. Everyone and their gay dad battle-mages me right in the butt and then get on their 12 other battle-mages to corp por my fat butt some more.

Anyone else going to go hard on albion?

Just waiting for the inevitable rat race reveal.

I missed hugging page 10 like it was my wife and I just came back from a war

>tablet game
>can literally buy gold on the auction house.

I've recently picked up Eq2 and I'm really enjoying it.

I liked it decently but the combat really sucked, or maybe it was just how I used it

>have punch rank 1, 2, 3
>all have a separte cooldown
>mobs last long enough that I want to use all ranks so I don't die of boredom
>only the highest tank does noticeable damage

I would like to play it because I want to be a fairy, was I just retarded?

Ded. Should I bother saving this thread or do we take it back to you know where as long as you know what isn't mentioned?

I'm glad to hear it. Eq2 has one of the best housing, rivaling Wildstar and SWG.

It a nice effort. I guess the op should put up some example of games that could be use as keywords to find the thread next time.

I think the problem is that nobody knows this general exists, given the name and all. That or there was always more anime posters than we thought.

Majority of the posters were anime posters. At least, after wakfu-spammers disappeared.

Wakfu is animation from the east, so it's anime

Checkmate frogs

Yeah it doesn't even have MMO in the title/body I forgot the name too and found it by following links from ammg twice now

Is Secret World worth playing? Thinking about rounding up a few friends to play Legends once it comes out.

Well, what else are you going to play?

MMO wise? Nothing, really. I kind of lost the passion for MMOs a few years ago, but a few of my friends enjoy playing them so eh.

I'd just rather not waste our time if it's complete trash.

>thanks to game of unspeakable title, general name has to be completely fucked
I told those selfish fuckers they'll only end up killing the general and look what happened. If you fuckers are still lurking this thread, look what you've done now.

you can't blame ppl for the autism and selfishness of one absolute asshole

Don't. I'm sure they'll be happy to kill this one too.

What game is it?

GUIRDU WARDU TWA

I'm not falling for that old trick

I was serious, I really had no idea.

Got it, thanks. I'd ask what happened but I don't want to trigger people into shitting up the thread.

Just search the archives with the old name of this general.

no, the problem is if the shit w4rs II fuckers get wind of this general they'd just go full autismo and shitpost until the bot arrives.

can you stop being an autistic fucking retard for once. you're almost as bad as the fucking spammer, you dumb cunt.

how so? i'm just telling it as it is since i've seen them ruin many of the old generals with their shitposts. they just can't help themselves

You're right, but they can still choose to do the responsible thing and not make it worse, and that's where they failed at. Hopefully they learned their lesson now. Anywhere they go, will be fucked.

and there are lots of people in all threads on Veeky Forums that have shitposters. stop with your fucking incessant shitposting about a whole variety of people who you think all are the exact same. it's stupid and annoying

So what's the next big open world game that seems like it'll stick to the old school ways of a sandbox? Albion doesn't count since that shit is getting dumbed down. Also I already know about project gorgon, is there anything else?

and those people don't fucking go around posting rodents and felines, spew degenerate memes and attract bots. you're one of them aren't you?

it's not a bot you dumb fuck it's a person choosing to follow and harass people, you come across as small minded and retarded.

Not that guy you're arguing with, but it's a bot that's been spamming the threads with random posts it scrapes off some other board.

yes this man is manually scarping posts from other threads and then posting them in the guridu warudo threadu and randomly posting them as replies or on their own posts.

nigga...

>calls someone else dumb fuck
>says it's not a bot

it's not a bot that searches the threads out - it's a dude with a bot, he finds the threads and harasses people. retards.

no matter what you say if jugg wanted the bot to be here he'd put it here.

it automatically spams any title with /gw2g/ or /mmog/ in it
and also someone who manually selects

i'm this person

delete your post

delet this

delet yourself

Stormblood

>shifting goalposts
Admit it, you fucked up and everyone called you out on it.

This isn't a full list, just off the top of my head, and keep in mind they may not fit the classic sandbox mold perfectly (in addition to they could turn out horrible):
>chroncicles of elyria
>legends of aria
>amazon's game "the new world"
>crowfall
>darkfall: new dawn (not to be confused with "rise of agon")
>gloria victis
>life is feudal

I feel like I'm forgetting some obvious ones. Crowfall combines a lot of different worlds so it's a little bit funky, old Darkfall was a huge world but pretty light on sandbox elements, the one being worked on is a revamp with ultima online style additions. Not a lot of info about the amazon game so far but it's billed as an open world sandbox and has the biggest budget of anything listed by far.
I believe gloria and lif are in early access/beta but i could be confusing them with something else because I'm stupid.

don't forget the pyramid scheme one - age of creation

oh yeah, thanks.
I think it's a scam as well but i guess we'll find out eventually.

fuck off

another general ruined by the sjw wars 2 faggots

>it's not a bot you dumb fuck
>t's a dude with a bot

reminder this is what the average furry wor II poster is like

What are some decent low requirements MMOs? I only play Runescape right now because everything else is too high

Just close the thread faggot, you're anonymous, so no one knows it's you. Except for you.

That bad? Uh...NovaRo.

DEd

ded, how long will we have to wait to go back to mmog

Why not try P1999? I doubt that would require that much requirement.

What would you suggest the op should have so anyone could search and find the thread? m m o mind be out of the question at the moment.

it doesnt cost anything to try, when this dies make a new nnog and if the bot shows up we just abandon thread and make this one again

this desu
and i won't namefag in it u have my word friendos

>just started playing project gorgon
>barely know what I'm doing
>got myself turned into a Pig for an odd support build that looked interesting

I hope I didn't end up fucking myself. I do enjoy a challenge, but right now my damage is insanely low.

shreddin riffs for Harry

come join me in PG

what game is that?
I already like it if it has bards.

I've got an Un Pig potion if you need it
Project Gorgon, its small and still in alpha, but its relatively fun, especially if you like bardin

Naw, I want to be a pig. But, I may of done it too early. None of the merchants will talk to me, except the tavern keeper who's demanding apples.

If you dig the pig, then make a char to sell to npc, you can use your dosh to train skills and buy/sell gear..

if pigs can even equip gear..idk?

Can you trade between alts? Or would I need to create a second account and dualbox it?

Pigs can wear armor from what I can tell, but they don't benefit from weapons.

the banker has a chest in his house that lets you transfer between alts

>bards who idle in town without playing

WHY

ohh i keep meaning to re-check on it. I was in there just for a little bit like uh, a year or two ago and only really did the starter cave garbage - not sure if that's even still a thing.
It looks a lot better than I remember, that's neat.

Does it have pvp? I seem to recall it doesn't, but I can google. Everything else I've read about it sounds so fucking fun tho, but I always have it slotted in my head as "too early, don't bother" so I never delve deeper and then forget again until I read something else rad, like the cow or pig stuff.

Answering myself, found this
>wiki.projectgorgon.com/wiki/PvP
So sounds like it may have dueling and arena (if that's around yet) but it's not a focus, and maybe later on or a pvp server but that's long term. You can correct me if that has changed since 10/2015, assuming you give a shit.
Gonna look at it later tonight, thanks again.

the game has had some pretty big updates since I started playing again, and the UI is about to get revamped too. The tut cave turned into tut island and lets you level up most your skills easily to level 10.

There IS pvp and I'm only saying that cause I saw an npc selling a "pvp potion" that enables pvp for 30 minutes. I don't know much about pvp other than that.

What did she mean by this?

i'm never making butter