Countin on you Veeky Forums

countin on you Veeky Forums

I'm about to buy 2017 6.0 435 HP Mustang with manual transmission.

ShallI wait till 2018 lift version hits the road and get it instead?

>inb4 costly2ride'n'cash'n'stuff

The dough fortunately is not a problem here.

kys for typing like that.

>buying a rental car

how much is it? do you know what the monthly is?
have you even asked your insurance what the monthly will go up to? do you have multicar discounts?

As a guy with a 15 premium manual, I might have a hard time justifying not getting an 18 with that new 10 speed as much has I hate to admit it. Not to mention more hp out of the box. 18 is supposed to have a different clutch in any case, the clutch assist spring and weak line kind of made the earlier ones feel bad imo.

arnt you turned off by having to row through that many gears

I'm gonna kms my user master. As an eurofag I'm gonna behave in my next life

I'm back mate. I'm not talking about the rental car. no one does this crap in Europe.

>checked

well, it's 47.555 euros exchanged straight to polish zloty's. still - a bit expensive, especially in comparison to the original value in dollars. fortunately - affordable. is it worth its price Veeky Forums?

>6.0

I should kms for that 6.0 with no doubt. apologies for the worst typo ever.

Still, the point has been taken across (the pond), I hope

Buy a GT350 instead. 2017 or 1967, either works.

Nah, five or six gears forward is not a big deal tho. when burning out you usually don't sfint to anything higher than 2. the clutch is the scary thing, isn't it?

Also, being able to burn the clutch on demand when rolling forward with a turbocharged mediocre engine (in US terms) is also a great fun.

'15-'17 looks better. Don't go for the ugly one for only 25 more hp

1967 looks fab but seems like it's an endless well of any imaginable extra income

2017 is much closer to my goal, but it also exceeds the reserved budget, I'm afraid

Too bad, I wish I saw more of them around they're cool. In both cases

Do you guys really rent your cars and treat is as the actual driving? Jesus tried it once in EU...

No, Mustangs are literally a budget tier rental car in the US.

you should kys for entirely different reasons

* gazes out the Window at his Chevy Cruze*

H-ha ha yeah, b-budget tier sh-shit!

>was boring so came back to buy a Mustang

Memeing about it won't change the facts. Mustangs are rental cars.

you can't afford one, so what does that say about you m8

You'd be surprised how much I make.
Mustangs are still budget rental cars. This is just a simple fact.

hello poverty!

Why Mustang is considered a mid tier rental car in US? Could you elaborate, please? I'm seriously trying to understand the backstory.

Is it somewhat comparable to BMW M4 case in EU? It seems to be more expensive in US but still relatively cheap in EU

Avis rental service offers Mustangs for $25 a day in the US. Thats why they're called rental cars. Even Motor Trend rags on them for it.

>rental car
top jej

Damn, that's cheap. There must be some serious shit behind it like charging your credit card up to trurly cosmic amounts if you don't turn off the lights in your car.

If it can be rented it's trash. Solid.

Alright, if not Mustang, then what? note that for ~49k euros you get it with the so-called performance pack. I'm still happy to spend that right away.

If you have any better options within the same range give me a shout!

>inb4 vw golf with 1300 HP

I don't see why you wouldn't wait for the 2018. Its better in every way except looks, but the normies wont care.

in minnesota maybe

The thing is I'm in no rush, really. However, I'm still in a limbo in terms of the new design. It's somewhat nice. Definitely not repulsive, yet not fully convincing.

However, I love the progress on internal design that Ford made since the latest version.

Pic related,

The 2018 is now not-insignificantly more expensive and a bit droopier in the face.

I went in thinking I'd order a 2018 if I liked the test drive in the 2017. But then I found out how much more the 2018 is (yes, sure I know you get a bit more). And then they piled on end of year incentives and found me one with everything I wanted, other than maybe I wouldn't have gotten a black interior.

No regrets. If you like it and can get an existing 2017 with the stuff you want then go for it. If price is no object then maybe get a 2018 for the fancy LCD guages and magnetorheological suspension.

Worth noting that gap is also super easy to make up with cheap bolt-ons.

>found me one with everything I wanted
>implying you got the 5.0, don't you?

OP here. tell me about the transmission then. automatic or manual? in either case, what's your experience with what you have?

Of course I got the 5.0 who the fuck puts a 4 cylinder in a Mustang?

2017 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Pack, everything on except the awful Recaros. Full review?

Experience good so far, about 1000 miles in. It had been 2 years since my last manual so at first the stick felt great but now I can feel its shortcomings. It's okay, just needs better bushings or something. Throw feels good, but interval is vague.

Whoever thought up the clutch assist spring at 185lbs/in needs to be taken out and shot. Easily fixed. Haven't gotten around to it yet myself, but it takes a minute tops.

Air conditioned seats feel so good.

Colored guages, mood lighting, and the damned horse projectors out of the mirrors are all cheesy but fun.

The stock Pirelli PZero's are probably the worst tire I've ever driven on. If it's not warm-hot out and bone dry expect traction control to kick in. I can't wait to burn these out next spring with line lock mode and put on some Pilot Sports or something.

That said last weekend was dry and hot and I hit the back roads well up to my comfort level - yes I do have some track experience but one must be mindful of public roads - and I never heard so much as a squeak or hint of understeer. Between the acceleration and noise I haven't had that much fun OFF the track in a long time. I can't wait to track it properly.

>That said last weekend was dry and hot

I just love the fact that you replied mate. Thanks for hangin around for a bit

Re the quoted part, have you had a chance to try it out on some harsh conditions? (e.g. hardcore winter like below water freezing point [something below 32 F innit?] harsh weather [howling, shitting sky] track, being a bastard to your own coyote)

Any time. It's a great car and I'm loving it so I don't mind sticking around to give some impressions. It's not perfect but boy is it ever a good starting point.

As I said I've only had it for about 1000 miles, or since late August. So that would be a no to harsher conditions. The PZeros are slippery at anything under about 60. Accelerating onto the highway in the morning at about that temp, every so slightly damp, the TC kicked in in 4th gear.

I do plan to DD through the winter. Get some good winter tires on and it should be fine. The Rain/Snow mode nerfs the throttle response for that. I did 5 winters in a BMW Z4 while having less power is similar in the ways that matter for snow driving.

There's some YT vids of a Mustang in snow, and at least one long term review where they did same and the only complaint was the tire swap.

MY complaint is that winter tires are looking to be fairly expensive with the enormous PP front rotors to get around. So that's something to keep in mind.

I'd not screw around and get a Barton hybrid 3 or a mgw complete shifter. Haven't used the mgw personally but the Barton is no joke a great unit. The steeda spring and a better clutch fluid line will totally transform the shifting experience.

Already planning on that for the clutch. Unfortunately where I am someone has I guess licensed Steeda's name and they charge $100 for the $9 spring. I may just go totally without at least to see what it's like. Easy enough to put it back in.

Rough, I know the spring with a replacement assembly is a lot more. As long as you're careful taking it out it shouldn't be needed. Taking it out will definitely feel great. I've heard urban legends of leaking cylinders running too long with out any spring but worth it imo.

I've tried the blowfish bracket with a short throw, definitely not as good as a full replacement.

It seems that the 5.0 Mustang behaves like a tamed beast under an experienced foot laying on a gas pedal, doesn't it? Good for me, that's the territory I know but...

My beloved waifu is gonna ride that 4xx HP bad boy as well [she's kinda experienced in fast driving in autobahn circumstances {say 125 mph without a blink}]

Veeky Forums - the decision has been partially taken. advise me on the gearbox under the above circumstances.

My comment is that I love the manual one. But Apparently when one gets a 5.0. he starts to roll the tires or at least gets as the first one from under the green light.

>That feel.

Then the story receives a major suspense with the automatic gearbox getting rekt all across the globe.

>Maybe a manual would be better for what 5.0 offers?

Tamed beast indeed. I brought a friend on my weekend jaunt who's of equal experience and we actually marveled at how civilized it was no matter how we put our foot in it. Again... ideal conditions really, and probably 7/10ths.

But put your foot down you will. The sound is intoxicating, even if it's piped into the cabin (it's not fake, just directed). You will always do whatever little thing you can just to hear it even a little bit. I think this is just a universal V8 thing, mind you. My ex-roommate owned a C5 with a Corsa exhaust for a while and we did the same thing in that too.

Fuel economy suffers, as such. Staying under the speed limit also tends to suffer.

I wouldn't trade the stick for the auto in any universe. 1st>2nd likes to be short shifted unless you're really giving it the beans, lest you give yourself jerky whiplash, but everything else is perfectly manageable. And I've heard nothing good about the 6-spd auto in the '14-'17. The 10-spd in the '18 is probably way better.

Are you going to get the performance pack?

IIRC the 2018 has Ford's Mag Ride that is supposed to be kimochi AF.

It better not be goddamn silver

OP here, to add some flavour to the one above, I'd say that I had a chance to drive a car with an automatic gearbox.

>EU fag achievement,

Well, kind of. It had around 290 HP. And the turbocharger.

>that was, generally speaking, the smoothest ride I had. For cruising nothing can beat the automatic gb.

Then the city drive rolls in, with the traffic lights and stuff. Had a chance to drive lovely things above 340 HP RWD BMW with auto gearbox, and right after the 260 HP BMW with manual gb.

>got some mixed feelings. for the drag purposes in the city, apparently the auto one was sexier, more elegant, less problematic, kinda step-n-go style all the way across

>that was cash indeed, but lacked the primal and unique confidence of being in charge by operating the clutch.

>the clutch conclusions - this gives you the control over the bad boy you carry under the bonnet. It's like being a Zeus aiming your next thunder to crush the bloody Athens for being in debt, but instead, you just wanna tease with them. The clutch is like crushing the Partenon by grain after the grain and keeping it up all the time. It's like playing with a moving teeth and at the same time being faaaar away from pulling it out. Because why? The fun would end

Also, being conscious of the manual gearbox giving you the superior feelings with the proper exhaust, if I was about to invest some PLN into getting a proper one, I would've wanted to have Corsa or Borla on my manual for sure.

Speaking of which, how's the stock exhaust doing with 5.0? I reckon it doesn't break the ribs but is there at least some amount of decency in it?

Big proponent of the V8, but devil's advocate, the 4 cylinder turbo, you can put basic bolt ons and re-tune and get 390 torques.... from the factory... with a warranty....

My point here was to highlight a few adventures with manual and automatic gearbox

As for the Mustang, I'd like to but the 5.0 V8

I don't even consider 2.3 ecoboost. It's kinda cool and trendy, eco friendly, more economy-orieted and stuff, but who's into that when talking about Mustang, really?

Stock on the 15-17 is pretty muted if you aren't stabbing it. I went with an x pipe and the roush axel backs, which is seriously loud. It can set off peoples car alarms. The 18 of course has the active with different modes, haven't heard it in person.

is correct about the exhaust. Since they do pipe some sound into the cabin it always sounds great in there, but not as loud outside as you'd think. My friend's wife saw it for the first time the other day and mentioned she was a little disappointed to not hear it at all from inside the house when I started it. Thankfully exhaust options are plentiful and cheap.

I think the Roush is the loudest you can get, from what I've been reading around. For myself I'm planning on getting the Borla Atak catback. Loud as hell when you put your foot in it, but respectable and cop friendly when you don't.

I would wait. The new Mustang will have 460hp and a 7500rpm redline I think. Seems fun. Maybe it will be able to do sub 4 seconds 0-60s with the automatic transmition.

Yes
25 HP upgrade
0-60 in less than 4 seconds
Quad exhaust tips

>It's kinda cool and trendy, eco friendly, more economy-orieted and stuff
You're a fucking idiot. A $600 tune puts it at the same torque as the v8 and nearly the same hp.

only the egoboost or v6

Roush is loud but by no means the loudest. I have axle backs on mine. I believe corsa offers a set that is very loud

This is some truly gay shit boys. You two homos should fuck.

Why are there 2 brake pedals?

Emergency brake