Is there a bigger meme of an engine?

is there a bigger meme of an engine?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/i/253136071962?chn=ps&dispItem=1&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fi%252F253136071962%253Fchn%253Dps%2526dispItem%253D1%26itemid%3D253136071962%26targetid%3D363200304922%26device%3Dm%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9008419%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D935969230%26adgroupid%3D45132009245%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-363200304922%26abcId%3D1129696%26merchantid%3D101977467%26gclid%3DCj0KCQjw9afOBRDWARIsAJW4nvx_KtiWpQKq8_7fz6MzV9UkFdEv05V5-q_UPK3JUWm0RhtRrVCQs5AaAgtIEALw_wcB%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1320546860121
ebay.com/itm/JDM-TOYOTA-2JZGTE-VVTI-R154-5-SPEED-ENGINE-SWAP-S13-S14-JZZ30-JZS161-SUPRA-/322529473643?hash=item4b1841346b:g:LqMAAOSwKytZJ0~C&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/JDM-2JZGTE-Toyota-Supra-MK4-Rear-Sump-Engine-V160-Getrag-6-speed-transmission-/222640829120?hash=item33d66d72c0:g:8gsAAOSwKnVZtBxQ&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-GTR-R32-2-6L-TWIN-TURBO-ENGINE-5SPD-AWD-TRANS-ECU-JDM-RB26DETT-2-/282284607112?epid=1538059056&hash=item41b9794688:g:evIAAOSw6DtYSbsf&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ls1.jpg

this

/thread

Any dorito.

>makes more power
>weighs less
>costs the tenth of the Rb pos
>meme
really makes you think

If you wanna be fast it's the go to engine.

>RB26DETT
transmission
ecu
$4500
makes 320hp stock and simple mods will make that much atw
holds over 600awhp on stock internals

>LS1
same shit
$6000
only 100 lbs lighter stock for stock
cant hold power for shit
mediocre at best
retarded fanbase

LS swaps are $500

hey man pay attention! you dont want to miss your bus stop

>Stock 200+hp
>Every engine in existence abused by nips
>worshipped by jay dee em kids
>spun bearings
>blows turbo gaskets
>snaps rocker arms
>leaks oil like a sieve

Then why hasn't it won le mans?

lmao
LS losers triggered by one simple post

it's dead because normies don't like to wait two minutes for it to warm up before driving. normies also don't premix. I fucking hate normies, they ruin everything

2JZ

>LS swap an RX7
>have a front-heavy corvette that can't steer

>LS swap a Mercedes
>have a much heavier, less aerodynamic corvette with four doors

Engine swapping is a meme as the end result will ALWAYS be worse than what the optimal design (corvette) was intended to be, which is laughable since GM cannot and will never compete and a 10K JEE TEE ARU would be heads and shoulder better.

>>have a much heavier, less aerodynamic corvette with four doors
Why does it have to be a corvette?maybe you just want a hackjob muscle car.

A well made engine is not a meme, user

>spews some memes
>proceeds to call it not a meme

caused trigger, look at all the assmad LS cucks

the thing is, you can get a 2JZ-GTE for $3k cheaper than an RB26, and it's definitely not $3k less of an engine. A lot of people think that the 2JZ is actually better than an RB26. I would imagine 2JZ swaps are much more popular and thus much easier as well.

Lol, what?
2JZs aren't that much cheaper than RB26. Can get an entire RB26DETT engine and trans for ~$4500 USD. I dont see any $1500 2JZGTE on ebay

The fastest rx's are rotaries

just bc it acually performs dosent mean its not a meme

$1999, but who's counting, right?
ebay.com/i/253136071962?chn=ps&dispItem=1&ul_ref=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-117182-37290-0%2F2%3Fmpre%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fi%252F253136071962%253Fchn%253Dps%2526dispItem%253D1%26itemid%3D253136071962%26targetid%3D363200304922%26device%3Dm%26adtype%3Dpla%26googleloc%3D9008419%26poi%3D%26campaignid%3D935969230%26adgroupid%3D45132009245%26rlsatarget%3Dpla-363200304922%26abcId%3D1129696%26merchantid%3D101977467%26gclid%3DCj0KCQjw9afOBRDWARIsAJW4nvx_KtiWpQKq8_7fz6MzV9UkFdEv05V5-q_UPK3JUWm0RhtRrVCQs5AaAgtIEALw_wcB%26srcrot%3D711-117182-37290-0%26rvr_id%3D1320546860121

yeah and if you want one with a half decent transmission, RB26DETT + 5 Speed is much cheaper.
ebay.com/itm/JDM-TOYOTA-2JZGTE-VVTI-R154-5-SPEED-ENGINE-SWAP-S13-S14-JZZ30-JZS161-SUPRA-/322529473643?hash=item4b1841346b:g:LqMAAOSwKytZJ0~C&vxp=mtr

or

ebay.com/itm/JDM-2JZGTE-Toyota-Supra-MK4-Rear-Sump-Engine-V160-Getrag-6-speed-transmission-/222640829120?hash=item33d66d72c0:g:8gsAAOSwKnVZtBxQ&vxp=mtr

Meanwhile:

my chromebook had an aneurysm. Meanwhile:
ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-GTR-R32-2-6L-TWIN-TURBO-ENGINE-5SPD-AWD-TRANS-ECU-JDM-RB26DETT-2-/282284607112?epid=1538059056&hash=item41b9794688:g:evIAAOSw6DtYSbsf&vxp=mtr
im not even trying to cherrypick the cheapest shittiest RB either. if i ever had to replace mine thats what i would aim for.

The LS swap allowed you to turn your dream car into the car it was supposed to be. It's how you always pictured it when you were a kid; fast, reliable, and sounds great. As you grew up you realized your favorite Japanese or European car was slow, unreliable and sounded like a tractor. The LS swap fixes all of that, it makes your dreams come true.

I came here to comment 2jz actually

The funny and great thing about the JZ series is the different transmissions that will work with the engine via adaptors like the BMW 5 and 6 speeds from the E46/E36/E34, or the Nissan CD009 from the 350/370Z, or the Aisin AR-5 from the Colorado/Canyon/H3/Kappa twins, let alone the V160/161, or the R154
fun fact: the AR-5 is just the evolution of the R154 and is a much better transmission that can be found dirt cheap
Also the 2JZ that I showed was the VVTi which was the last iteration of the 2JZ with the best cylinder head it got in it's run, was not released in the states, and it's only around $2k
Also has more support in the American market due to the fact the engine was sold here unlike the RB series

literally the best engine ever made.

>meme

are you fucking stupid user?

I'm pretty sure no designer intended for their car to be a nose heavy piece of shit that's only fast in a straight line. And if pushrods are so great, why don't they make them anymore? Why haven't they won lemans? Why haven't they made significant burgerking times? If I want fast I'd take any V6 and stick a turbo on it.

>hackjob musclecar
>throw the engine in a heavy car
>source a 10K nip shitbox

>"hack job"

Not to mention that most cars don't have any aftermarket for suspension and handling, so that sub-2000 pound Geo you LS swapped will tip over if you turn.

LS swapping is the automotive equivalent of buying a sandwich, getting rid of all the innards, and throwing McDonald's patties on it. The LS swap culture is so soulless and samey it sickens me. Oh an LS Camry, how impressive, what about this LS Merc? Ooh nice, what about this LS swapped Miata or AE86? LS LS LS, I'm fucking sick of it.

tfw the shitposters cannot refute this so they change goal posts and ignore it

probably because it isnt true

>but muhhh hurrdurrgring
yeah because someone looking for budget speed totally wants a car that can compete in Lemans and on a track they'll never even go to

>The LS swap culture is so soulless and samey it sickens me

it's still cheaper and more compact than a 2jz

>it's still cheaper and more compact than a 2jz

The SR20DET is overrated, overpriced and not even a very good engine. The CA18DET is cheaper (maybe not in the US), and can make similar amounts of power without shitting itself when bashing against the rev limiter.

Why would you go back to a CA18, better to get an rb20/25,1jz, or ls in the s chassis

The CA then on the other hard is very keen on blowing the head gasket. It is a downgrade on the SR definitely.

Dorito
LSx

>captcha select all busses

these are all good

actual biggest meme engine coming through

>literally the best engine ever made.
This isn't inisharu dee kid

How do I into knowledge about engines

by what metric is it the best?

>heavy
>expensive
>not very reliable
>oil pump/crank collar problems and oil flooding
>parts are not very common

Yeah if it's a junkyard engine maybe (And odds are it's a pigfat iron block truck engine not a LS1/2/3 ETC). And before all the other parts you need sure.

Hmmmm so that's why Subaru's Turbo Boxers are some of the best turbo engines ever made and why Porsche's Boxers are some of the best NA engines ever made.

I mean, a lower center of gravity and the boxer 4 is naturally balanced.

I personally would, but the RB engines are pigfat and parts are not common.

That may be, and they also spin rod bearings, but I see little point in buying an SR20DET for 1500 euros when a CA18DET is almost as good and can be had for 500.

>Subaru's Turbo Boxers are some of the best turbo engines ever made
Except they're not? Inline engines have better tuning potential than a shitty pancake engine, see the K series which isn't even turbo save for one production model the K23A1, there's more potential in that engine than any Subie shit engine ever made

Be more Assmad

I'm not saying Subaru's EJ is some god motor. I would even say the EJ255 and 257 are overrated because of all the Subaru fanbois.
But specifically, the EJ207 is a phenomenal engine. I'm mean stock internals capable of 600whp and it revs to 8000rpm giving you a wide powerband even with a large turbo.

There's a reason Subaru dominated rally for a number of years.
There's a reason Porsche dominated other types of racing for years.
One of it was the advantage the low center of gravity gave the cars.

>Subaru dominated for a number of years
That number is 3 years 95-97 for the manufacturer champ, Toyota won it three times as well
DO NOT put Subaru on the same level as Porsche, and CoG is a fucking meme that was contrived for compensating the fact that the boxer is an extremely wide engine so it has to be mounted low

You're obviously not an engineer them because COG is extremely important.
Many racing regulations require the car to weigh a certain amount. So teams remove as much weight as possible and keep their car as light as possible, then they distribute lead weights on the bottom of the car, normally towards the center, because it has least effect on handling.

This is one of the two reasons why you lower a car. The first is for Aerodynamics, the second is for lower center of gravity, because when you're going around a turn, a high center of gravity act likes a big lever with a large moment trying to tip you over.

And I'm only using Porsche as a comparison, Porsche uses the boxer engine and gets ridiculous amounts of power out of a 6 cylinder flat 3.0L when other manufacturers have trouble getting half that much out of a V6 or I6.

Plus, flat engines don't NEED to be mounted low. You always want to mount an engine as low as possible, the flat configuration is the only design that allows the entire engine to be mounted so low because it lives in a single plane!

Flat engines don't vibrate themselves apart so they're happier to go to a higher rpm.
The only downside they have is having two heads, and that only adds a small amount of weight I. Comparison to what lowering the center of gravity already does!
Why do you think the STIs are known for good handling? Because they're suprisingly light with low centers of gravity!

Nigga the weight difference between an iron ls block and an aluminum block is only around 69 pounds. All ls engines come with aluminum heads and composite intakes so they are pretty light and compact as well not to mention it's not uncommon to port and mill the heads so when you bump up compression and duration you can make easy gains without even swapping a cam.

They aren't the best, far from it. And they are pain in the ass to work on too.

Because you haven't tried to change a chain on a transversely mounted engine.

Subaru marketing pls go and stay go

A buddy of mine had a MKIV supra, and he swapped in the aristo vvti 2JZ. It needed a new TPS and intake manifold. Not easy to source in the states as those are different than USDM 2J parts.
I can go to rawbrokerage.com right now and get plenty of OEM rb26 engine stuff right now in florida. Hell I almost had my importer do my timing belt/water pump and raw brokerage had everything I needed in stock.

One of my dream builds is a turbo VK56 swapped R34 GTR. I wonder if moving the centre of gravity slightly farther back in an engine that weighs a few pounds less would help with the pigfatness at all.

>buying a motor from a cuck yard
Do you enjoy pussy that's still dripping from the last guy too?

He's right though. Get creative with the engine your car has. Or swap in something from the same brand. Or even something strange and exciting.

We get it, you can't figure out how to cold air, or optimize exhaust flow, or tune, so you just dump in an ls with a D aftermarket ready made kit and call yourself a builder

>he seriously thinks boxer engines are great

Lmfao, what a shitty piece of shit.

>ITT: faggots that worship false gods

Do you even BDF??

>2zz swap MR2
>have touge destroying monster nothing can compete with
>rotor swap MR2
>pass through space and time to finish

This. The correct engine can vastly improve the handling and speed of a car

So are there any modern engines, commonly sold in the USDM, that are known to have the ability to make stupid horsepower without making any serious changes (or any changes at all)? I know about things like the RB26 and the 4G63 and the 2JZ and the EJ207 and so on, but those are all '90s designs and in general have poor availability in North America.
Like I appreciate the hell out of Toyota for overbuilding the 2JZ insanely, but it feels like that sort of loose engineering (cf. designing the Buick 3800 for aluminum and then making it out of iron instead) is hardly allowed these days.
Is there a new hotness in the tuning scene? It feels like people are doing barely anything with the modern Toyota motors, for example.

ford 4 valve modular

god uses the mod, the modern hemi is good too, so is the LS (don't tell anyone S/o/viet actually said this)

So basically, it's down to the big V8s? I guess it's not like an I6 is particularly easy to fit in an engine bay, either.

Have you been living under a rock? Honda's K series is tuner king dingaling engine from recent times
Ford's Ecoboost 4 cylinders are popular
The 2.0L turbo Ecotec motors from GM
And the MZR turbo engines from Mazda

This is just to name a few because there are others out there like the 2AR 2.4 from Toyota that are amazing when boost is applied

Yeah I basically have been living under a rock. Why else would I ask?

Alright well the bombs didn't drop, the USSR dissolved and is now reverted to Russia, we opened up talks with Cuba, and unfortunately women work now

Thanks for the update, user.

And one more thing, ignore the heretics who speak fondly of "center of gravity" and the so-called "benefits" of the flat engine layout
These people literally inhale their own steamed farts

as for domestic brans? pretty much Ford made the barra inline 6 but thats australian only

I heard the ar-5 can't take as much power as an r154. Any truth to that?

LS1
Honda VTEC
Mazda RX8 Wankel

>a lower center of gravity

wasnt that actually refuted by some Veeky Forumstist?

>VR6 and VR5

yeah, I think those were always meant to be a meme

None whatsoever, AR-5 have had over 600whp on them and they don't break a sweat, R154 needs a Marlin kit in order to even see near those numbers

I'm sure some Veeky Forumstist is convinced that a higher COG is better, but I would hope they're among the minority, because anyone with a general idea of physics will know that a lower COG is better for a car.

Car, not engine
Inlines and Vs are superior to pancakes

Ahh the double dubs of a man who needs guidance. Do you even smooth torque curve?

The engine is block is often the heaviest single object in the vehicle.
Hence it's placement and orientation change the COG more than anything else on the car.

Or we could just think like Toyota did at one time, take an inline 4 and turn it 90 degrees and just change the lubrication setup.

Best of both worlds.

>Pig Iron
>No revs

>Subaru's Turbo Boxers are some of the best turbo engines ever made
>Blows head gaskets
>leaky valve cover gaskets
>PIA to replace spark plugs when motor is in car
>cast pistons and rods (stock)
do i need to continue?

The EJ255 is a POS and the EJ257 isn't much better.
Only Americucks God the EJ255 to meet MUH EMISSIONS. And yet those engines with cast internals still make similar power to engines with stock forged internals.

The EJ207 is very good and the EJ205 is decent.
Neither had headgasket issues or leaky valve covers. The 207 has forged pistons.

As for spark plugs, if you have a decent jack and the right tools it's a piece of cake.

>parts are not common

STOP. you can buy literally everything online so SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH THIS MEME U FUCKING MORON

Its best to ignore complete bullshit spewed by dumb fuck underage bus riders that have never ever sat behind the wheel of a car or turned a wrench in their life

It gets ignored because nobody cares you stupid fucking seppo

>chinese Australian who bought a WRX as his first car and defends it against all his round eye mates: the post