How do you live in an apartment and own two cars?

>How do you live in an apartment and own two cars?

>2 $2k miats
>1 $300000 house you'll maybe pay off in 30 years
Hmmmmmmm

>house
>apartment

Living in an apartment is literally throwing your money away.

cant buy a house right now

>have investments which will bring a lot of money for me
>cashing out
>buying house/property next year

I didn't want to find a house this year since my situation is odd and not something i can do

>buying a house
>get fired
>literally a wage slave
>buying a house
>living in a shitty part of town for a long time
>kys

What is the smallest home I can
>reasonably find in a city and not have to build myself
>comes with a garage or at least a driveway I can put a tent over
Do duplexes/townhouses ever have them? I want to be minimalist and cheap without having to leave my car in a parking lot or on the road

Genuinely curious, what is something that not "only white people do"? If I give it enough time breathing will become a hate crime it seems.

Buying a house means renting the money you use to buy the house. That interest is as thrown away as rent.

I own a house and between that, maintenance, and property taxes, it isn't actually cheaper.

Have really skewed priorities?

Announcing reports is also a bannable offense you stupid faggot.

>Get a house
>Spend decades paying it off
>The once nice neighborhood has been slowly turning into a ghetto
>Finally, Abdul Jamal Hernandez moves in next door with six kids and junked cars all over the lawn
>Keeps his trash on the trampoline in the backyard in clear view of your window
>Openly does drugs on the swing-set in the front yard with his fat white baby momma

>25
>own a 2014 econobox
>turd gen camaro project car
>two motorcycles, 2016, 2015
>bought a $150k house, small living space but has garage under the house and a separate 3 stall garage
>only make 40k a year

ayyyy

OP here

I make 100k+ and have no idea how to get a mortgage, find a house etc..

Have no idea what i'm doing when it comes to house shopping and I only look in good areas, I'm starting to change my mind and actually will look farther from work

I wanted to buy a house close to the office

>inb4 retard

What's your net worth?

fuck if I know

30k for vehicles
2-3k for tech in the house
house payment for the next few decades

I spend the fucking bare minimum on my health, water and sandwiches every night

So you don't actually own most of your stuff, you're $150k in debt, making $40k a year, with shitty health coverage and diet?

Living on the edge, bro.

Housing agents will help you with finding a mortgage, or go to a credit union. If you want a little extra from your house, try to ask if you can negotiate the staging furniture into the price of the home.

Trade places between the street and my spot every week so i dont get a ticket

Suck my cock fag

Live with my parents paying them $400 a month, and rent a 2.5 car garage for $300 a month 15-20 minutes walk away

>Bonus: I live in NYC

>Do duplexes/townhouses ever have them?
There are plenty of houses in DC that have back yard space to park a car. Its going to cost you though.

t. DC home owner

Wtf i hate property ownership now

dont even bother looking for a house and see how much you can borrow. Most realtors wont even waste their time with you if you cant get approved for a loan. Also search first time homebuyer 'your city' mortgage lender. These are the mortgage lenders you want to deal with because they specialize with firs time home buyers and they can help with getting downpayament assistance to buy a home, help with closing closts, etc etc.

Some apartments have garage storage units for lease.

But honestly buy a house, get something nice with a 15 year mortgage.

buying a house is a meme. lets live somewhere for 30 years thats boring as shit. lets buy furniture that puta us in more debt. oh god now theres kids. all that money spent on nice furniture down the drain. end up like hal and lois in malcolm in the middle but without any smart kids

>Find fellow resident without car
>agree to give them a monthly payment for use of their parking spot

>put down payment on house
>big chunk of monthly payment is interest
>loads of money thrown away by the time the house is paid off
>live in apartment while saving up for house
>pay rent every month
>buy house outright after renting for a while
You "throw away" money regardless. Besides, what else are you going to do? Leech of your family until you save up the money?
It's the cost of having somewhere to live, and someone has to pay for it.

>have to offer to pay them for their spot

T. Someone who lives in bumfuck nowhere

Agent here, also make 100k + and own a home.

Look for a local mortgage lender, try to avoind big banks like chase because they are less likely to close on time. Go to a mortgage broker, someone who does that specifically, they have lower overhead and are more likely to close on time. You can find reviews on redfin or elsewhere online.

You will want to do a 20% downpayment to avoid PMI and have a more attractive offer. But speak with a broker first to see how much you can get.

Look for a house in a good area, that is still relatively close to employment. You want a nice part of town that is also part of a larger nice part of town. No pockets of nice hoods in otherwise shitty areas, unless you have reason to beleive the whole area is on the come up.

Go for location over how nice the house it. Get a house that is mediocre for the area, not standing out as much better.

>Can't afford a house within a 50 mile radius of work. (Thank you LA housing market)
>Lucked out with a bitchin studio next to the beach with a 2 car garage.
>Just big enough for the rallyx car, the rally car, tools and spares

Not gonna lie I totally lucked out on this place. Probably never going to move. There's places out there OP, just gotta be patient and jump at the prime opportunities.

>get a 350k mortgage
>over 30 years
>total interest at 4.65% is $299,702

Also im australian

Yeah felt sorry for my mum, buying a 120k house in '95 as a single parent.

Oh, wait, that house is worth 780k now.

Can you buy an apartment in the US?

Live where you rent
Rent out what you own

Fuck being tied down to one place. The market favors those which adapt the quickest. Having a hard asset that isn't even paid off yet anchoring you is almost as bad as getting married.

>Giving up half of your assets when she stops putting out and starts being a toxic, dried up bitch vs turbulent market

22years for 660k.
30k a year - interest and upkeep and rates.
Better off renting a shed and living there

either you way you are a temporary resident
spend your life pouring money into a house
or spend your life pouring your money into renting someplace
its all temporary

You guys should've cashed in on the housing market crash. I bought my house in 2010 for 120k, its now worth 190k. Obama even made it easier to buy a house with the 8k tax credit they gave out.

>That interest is as thrown away as rent.
except you own the house at the end with 25 years of appreciation.

No but how do you have parking? There is not enough parking spots for me to rent another one.

>>put down payment on house
there are many home loans that require no down payment, especially as a first time homebuyer.

>>big chunk of monthly payment is interest
as opposed to 100% of your rent going towards absolutely nothing

>>loads of money thrown away by the time the house is paid off
more loads of equity built

>>live in apartment while saving up for house
>>pay rent every month
>>buy house outright after renting for a while

implying it's not more expensive to rent than own in most parts of the country. The first house I bought in my current city was a 3bdr 2 bath. Mortage was $900. You can't even get a decent 1Bdr apartment here for that price.

Plus I sold it two years down the road and made $20k while upgrading to a 6bdr 4bath house.

I dunno, works fine for me. Just gotta work a lot at a not minimum wage job

>still live with parents

Kek

>two cars but still can't fuck

Kek

Kys

ez
buy a 2 apartment house and let chumps pay your mortgage.

Love hotels exist

You seem jealous user