Asking for help here

Asking for help here

>I make over 100k
>I believe two things will change my life from current situation
>Over 30
>Live in apt
>Have a sports car
>Thinking about buying an off road vehicle so I can go outdoors more often and enjoy life, or save up
>Live in miserable apt for now/no off road/hiking for fun
>Stay in apt and buy a house next year
>What should I do??

I really need a new vehicle since my current sports car doesn't allow me to live life like i fucking want

Other urls found in this thread:

new.usspecialtyvehicles.com/xt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Buy one of these and daily it.

new.usspecialtyvehicles.com/xt

This isn't really something we can decide for you. If it were me and I KNEW it would only be one more year of not having the fun I wanted, I'd save for the house instead of buying the off road vehicle, but that's me and I have other hobbies to distract myself with. If you go the saving money route, find a cheaper hobby that you actually enjoy to make life not so shit.

I'm actually going to be making more money next year, a lot more

The thing is I need downtime and have some fun in my life, I'll be able to afford the off road vehicle and I'm sure this is something that will change my life

>tfw
>workaholic
>waste money on stupid shit
>no hobbies
>looking for a change
>mortgage next year for sure
>the only problem is the longer i wait to buy property the price is increasing.....

Long term? Save some money up and buy a house. The environment you create for yourself determines your day to day mindset more than your daily driver. That being said, I would buy a house for 100k and pay it off in less than 10 years and spend the rest on vacations in a Toyota Land Cruiser.

Oh and the housing market is gonna crash again. I wouldn't be buying an expensive house in a seller's market.

buy a house. get out from renting as soon as possible provided you can put at least 20% down and finance for 15 years.

I'm in Thornton, CO

I'm sure I can find a house out here for 300k next year

You think market will crash and cheaper houses?

Denver area seems to be increasing

Save and buy the house OP. I know you really want to try off-roading, but I promise you that becoming a property owner and making a home for yourself will be more rewarding in the long run.

Rather than waste your money on dumb shit like drugs and alcohol now, use any and ALL free time learning skills. Better yourself. Go to the gym, learn to play the markets, play chess, anything. Make a hobby of something that's inexpensive but will increase your self-worth and self-esteem. The best would be finding a hobby you enjoy that allows you to create something of value (carpentry, metal working, sewing, etc) so you can make money or at least break even with your hobby, but I realize not everyone has the same joys in life. But whatever you choose to do, STAY THE PATH and buy that house. Two or three years from now you'll look back and realize the decisions you're making now will have made you a better human than you thought possible.

Finally, if the sports car doesn't make you happy, sell it and buy something that does. An econobox, a land barge, or a cheap small truck with rust to fix would probably help with both points.

I'm not your typical Veeky Forums poster

I'm successful and will be dropping 80k down payment on a house

I'm doing well, I just don't think I can wait another year for a house or new vehicle

>The sports car is a meme
>I need an off road vehicle so I can go camping/fishing

>and then he said, "the housing market is gonna crash again"

move outside and commute in or move to different place and get a new job.

A more constructive post incoming...

Yes, the housing market is going to crash again. It's an inevitable cycle although it is not going to crash again for quite some time. People, for the most part, aren't buying houses at the moment. We're far outside of the bubble.

Yeah the market's gonna bottom out in less than 3 years. All the modeling I've seen says housing prices will hit a peak higher than 2007 prices but for a shorter time and then dump even lower than the post 2008 crash. The fed's been wavering on rates forever too which is the wager tell but all the subprime mortgage shuffling is happening again.

I'd bank your money and buy a cabin for like 50 grand. Buy an old Land Cruiser for 6000 bucks. Buy some hiking shoes, a nice pack and go explore your state. Set fitness goals to encourage you going out even more than your normally would. I usually do
>I wanna climb 60,000 feet of elevation this season!
Or something along those lines.

Also you don't need an "off-road vehicle" to go camping and fishing. The best camp sites and fishing sites are places where you park your car and hike 15 miles in. I drive my RX7 to mountains so that I get a fun country road drive, park, and then hike my ass off in the woods. Then I have another fun drive home.

I deal with rich people all day everyday for my job. I get to look at their financial statements and whatnot. They only real estate they're buying is rental properties since that's the only sure moneymaker in a down real estate market. The only people buying houses to own are foreigners looking to park their cash.

>Also you don't need an "off-road vehicle" to go camping and fishing. The best camp sites and fishing sites are places where you park your car and hike 15 miles in. I drive my RX7 to mountains so that I get a fun country road drive, park, and then hike my ass off in the woods. Then I have another fun drive home.

Stop killing my dreams senpai

Sorry for the spelling errors I'm phoneposting from work*

There are plenty of sites only accessible by overlanding too. A lot of the Pacific Northwest has muddy, horrible roads to coastal campsites. An offroad vehicle IS necessary to get to them. I live in New York though so I can only speak to the Adirondacks, Vermont and Western Mass for myself.

>Live in apt
>100k

You are in a city where 100k is not 100k at all since a 1bd house will be close to a million dollars

>Live in the country
>could make minimum wage and pay off a similar house in less time

Anyway nobody look up housing prices outside your city and let's have the same thread again.

Na apartments can be cheap around here I'm just an idiot who wanted to live in luxury and in a nice apartment complex/very nice area in this part of town

Rent will only keep rising, pay about $25k in rent to apartment
Pay 25k in income taxes

>I love working for a living
>Everyone wants to fuck you and take your money

>do i buy a house or some flavor of the month shit trend that will probably die off next year when every one gets into hovercrafts or whatever the fuck?

Tough call but I'd add a third option of necking yourself

>I deal with rich people all day everyday for my job
If you fuck up my financial statements again, you're going to be looking for a different job.

>buy $1k jeep cherokee
>put $1k into a good offroad suspensions
>buy house next year

keep your sports car and get a cheap 4runner or chevy colorado to daily