He doesn't own an e36

>he doesn't own an e36
what's your excuse?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.garagistic.com/BMW-E36-E46-Rear-Trailing-Arm-Bushing-RTAB-Limiter-shim-kit
finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=105080458&fks=105080458
carsales.com.au/private/details/BMW-318is-1996/SSE-AD-4954799/?Cr=4
ebay.com.au/itm/2004-E46-BMW-325Ci-Manual-Coupe-/263223927573?hash=item3d495e6315:g:5dYAAOSwED5ZxcPJ
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/manly/cars-vans-utes/1994-bmw-320i-manual/1159148744
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balwyn-north/cars-vans-utes/1995-bmw-325i-sedan-manual/1160601452
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Own an e60, if I could get a weekend car though I would get an e36/e46 m3 and take proper care of it.

Because my e46 is better equipped, handles better, looks better and it's a drop top.

> not owning two e36s
nerds lol

>owning outdated shit

>drop top
>looks better

> being slow

I'm a man
Not a boy

I'm not a chad :(

heh weell here I am boy CHAD THUNDERDICK

>drop top
>handles better

you keep telling that to yourself insecure cuck

>having a roof

>drop top
>better equipped

>T.Miata owner w/ manual non-heated/cooled seats, no steering wheel controls and no electronic mirrors

>Muhv6
>my e46

w-what??

how the fuck do you not know who I am

i shitposted for 4 years, and my DD was a 5th gen Maxima.

Sold it 2 months ago, new DD is a '06 330Ci vert

I know who you are you dumb fat sperg

I didn't know you bought a shtty bmw thats all

Say what now?

Nah I just wanted to complete the trifecta

My bro got an 03 330 vert on Style 68s the other day for $1500 with a bad steering rack lol

that image was a classic

I prefer mercedes to BMW
captcha: TAXI 100m

Good deal.
I hope he can work on cars..

I saved $1700 (dealer quote) by spending one dollar on a wire to fix the swiveling xenon headlights.

Lol wait until you have to do your oil pan gasket :)
We did that along with the rack on his E46 today lol
Parts for these are really inexpensive for the most part

lower control arms
all brake rotors/pads/calipers
coolant pressure valve
oil pan gaskets
Previous Owner's Aux Install Failure
cigarette lighter
all the tires, because the car was factory staggered on style 71's

now i'm working on figuring out a rear mechanical whine, guessing it's suspension related.

Pressure valve? You mean the tank cap? You should invest into a whole new cooling system unless it's been done in the recent past. It's cheap and water pumps on these cars are easy to do. Aluminum tstat housing if you don't have one already.

Look at your rear trailing arm bushings & rear wheel bearings, they are likely full of fuck by now.

previous owner did all the bearings just before trading it in.. i'll check the trailing arm bushings..

I'd suggest you use OEM bushings for everything, polyurethane is a fucking meme and it'll just make it worse

poly bushings are a meme? why?

Also use these and they'll last 5ever, gets rid of the couple mm of slop the rtabs naturally have

store.garagistic.com/BMW-E36-E46-Rear-Trailing-Arm-Bushing-RTAB-Limiter-shim-kit

I know more than anybody polyurethane materials belong in mattresses and no where else.

They dry rot

so why shouldn't i get a 50 shot NOS install for ~$600

ive been looking to buy an e36 recently.

im a bit worried about running costs etc.

i live in aus too, so m52 cars with a manual all cost 4000$aud+ with 200,000kms+

hence im looking at 318is under 200,000kms for around 2-3k.

which is better in the long run?

i have a bike for going quick so super speed doesn't worry me too much.

also im 6'3" so im worried about fitting in it.

I should probably go to a used lot and test one ay...

>318

if you can't get the top trim or an M, don't bother buying a BMW.

get an old commodore

but i want a car thats actually somewhat nice.

people from america forget how shit the commodores really are. Same money i could afford a up to 2002 high kms manual v6 commodore.

id much prefer a 325i.

Also, e36 m3 here are like 30k$aud now

try to get a 6cyl bmw just for the sound.
318i is shit but the 318is is okay.

I'm 6'5" I fit fine
Get an M52
The 4 cylinders are terrible
Save your money and get a 328is or whatever your best non M car is
It's an I6 with everything right on the front, single vanos is dumb easy to set up, although I'm unsure of parts cost in AU.

Your cars auto, you'll grenade it lol

i don't think you understand how much of a maintenance whore that the e46 is

>try to get a 6cyl bmw just for the sound.
yeah look ideally but is it really worth double the price and more service costs etc? If i found a good one id be more interested but most of them are either beater cars or drifted already. surprisingly, 318is are often really well kept.

i wouldnt get a 318i, only the m44 cars.

ideally yeah id find an m52 but theyre all already drifted/beated already by mostly the Lebanese.

Parts cost ive heard is fairly reasonable since the cars were popular here.

How do you find working on in it in comparison to other cars? I can do maintenance on my motorcycle but im more worried about cars, especially bmw with the weird tools and such

itd be an e36 not 46. ive heard 46's are worse in terms of maintenance and such and the e36 is still a more simple car mechanically.

>is it worth it
e36/e46 is a labor of love
if you cant work on cars or don't have a lot of money, do not fucking do it.

36's have fewer options.. less options, less issues naturally..

>own e46 323 and m3
>still looking for a nice blue e36 6cyl manual coupe
>see this finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=105080458&fks=105080458

Why

>e36/e46 is a labor of love
>if you cant work on cars or don't have a lot of money, do not fucking do it.

this is my worry ahahahah

i try to just be ignorant to this sort of advice and hope it wont be like that but yeah i guess its a reality hey. Ive heard that the engines are pretty stronk at least its just ensuring the maintenance is kept up

hot fuck that's a piece of shit

It's really not that bad, they're just 15 years old. Go through them and replace all deteriorating shit and it's quite pleasant

Not any weird tools unless you're fucking with timing at which point you'll need cam lock, pin, & wrench but they're like $40 for the kit. Having a few different extensions in 1/4 & 1/2 inch helps.
I mean some things can be a pain in the ass and a little timing consuming like rear trailing arms and oil pan gaskets, but I can drop a trans, do a clutch, and put it back on an E36 in like an hour and a half lol
Buy parts with the intention of replacing everything in your path. I did the front end one weekend, rear end the next, etc. Most shit wasn't broken, but it feels great to have everything new all at once versus fixing shit as it breaks.

>the engines are pretty stronk
I can't speak for the E36 but the E46 M3 will leak oil from literally everywhere.

I'll give 'em this much
if you want to learn how to work on cars and have some disposable cash, the E46 is the way to go.
Everything's going to break and everything is easy to fix.. except VANOS related shit IMO..

Never owned an E36 before, but I'm going to look at and possibly buy one today. It's a 325i manual coupe with lots of miles and a blown head gasket, but the car should be in good shape otherwise.

> Blown head gasket
Get you a cutring head gasket, some arp studs and a big friggen turbski

I'd suggest a 328 over a 325 since you get the ZF instead of the shitty Getrag

is yours m3 or 328?

The one in that picture is my M3
This is my 328is

i like those wheels man but
i cant deal with white wheels

Not a turk cockroach.

>owning convertibles

are they really worth it? id feel so self conscious driving top down anywhere except on rural roads where no one could see me.

why not just have a sunroof?

It's just going to be my DD, so I won't turbo it. I have a Mercedes 190E turbo project already. I'd prefer a 328 but I can get this 325 for very cheap.
I imagine I'll just bolt on a Schmiedmann stainless steel exhaust manifold while I'm replacing the HG.

Does anyone know if the 325i original ECU can be reprogrammed easily? I want to run the car on E85 because it's a lot cheaper. Already have a suitable fuel pump and injectors lying around.

Look into some Style 42s

BMWs look beautiful with the top down imo, but for it to be worth it to me it'd have to be an E30 or Z3 M Roadster
I wouldn't want to daily a vert in other words

Yes the original ECU is very programmable. My 328is has a tuned stock ECU and it's making nearly 550whp and I specifically converted it to OBD1 to make the tuning easier
Look into RK Tunes.

carsales.com.au/private/details/BMW-318is-1996/SSE-AD-4954799/?Cr=4

thats the car ive been looking at but deep down i know its a super shit deal.

theres just been no good cars for sale for so long ;_;

> 4 cylinder in some boring color
Fucking live a little dude

>black plastic door handles
>luxury sedan

I'm not a turk / polack

Because there are better bmw's out there than e36 models?

>Fucking live a little dude

i know man but money talks. spending 7k on a good condition 325i sedan with still high kms isn't worth it when thats almost getting into silvia/skyline territory and id probably rather have one of those over ye olde 3 series

Is it a Siemens or Bosch unit?

also dont talk shit about white e36s id want to do this to it

is that the only australian classifieds page?

What makes you think a non GTR Skyline is any better? lol

carsales and gumtree are the ones most frequently used. ebay less common but does have some good sales.

carsales is and always has been just for cars, thus is a more tailored experience with generally well advertised cars.

gumtree is a generic trading post style site which sells everything in largely the same format with less moderation. prices are usually a touch lower though.

ebay is mainly used for its auctioning. many times used car lots use ebay to auction off their unwanted stock. ebay also has some buy it now priced ads too but overall has more bidding bullshit etc to deal with.

people often use facebook marketplace too but thats by far the worst. having said that, probably the best deals can be found there due to the obscurity in finding cars.

what's better - e36 m3 or r32?

>What makes you think a non GTR Skyline is any better? lol
i just prefer the look of them and the relative rarity over the e36. Also i really like the rb engines regardless of their reliablity

s chassis is the same, I prefer the way they look. Although im not an enormous sr20 fan but i think the cars are sweet anyway

As much as they are cool you cant deny the fact that getting parts is going to be more of an inconveience and that they have skyline meme tax

ebay.com.au/itm/2004-E46-BMW-325Ci-Manual-Coupe-/263223927573?hash=item3d495e6315:g:5dYAAOSwED5ZxcPJ

thats the tier of bullshit we have to deal with in australia.

Nice, technically the same price as norway, just without the wages.

gumtree seems to have cheaper and just as clean examples as carsales, including some decent 318is's
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/manly/cars-vans-utes/1994-bmw-320i-manual/1159148744
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balwyn-north/cars-vans-utes/1995-bmw-325i-sedan-manual/1160601452

I don't need a wrong wheel drive Camry with delusions of grandeur as I already have a Camry (the superior six cylinder layout). The BMemeW might be a little faster, but at least I can still drive my car after track day.

but all camrys are wrong wheel drive.

Because I drive a comfy SAAB 9-5

>unsafe
>poor performance for it's displacement
>poor fuel economy for it's performance
>heavy
>rust

100hp per litre is poor performance for displacement? end yourself my man

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/manly/cars-vans-utes/1994-bmw-320i-manual/1159148744
not in my area, and also 320i is really not worth it. may as well get a 318is and have the same power with less bills.

>gumtree.com.au/s-ad/balwyn-north/cars-vans-utes/1995-bmw-325i-sedan-manual/1160601452
ex drift p plater car means its completely thrashed and unmaintained. Also, high kms which again isnt good for a thrashed car.

>owning any GM based products at all
sorry brej

Only the M3 does that and those are made of unaffordium. Talking about cherry picking.

>doesn't count!
It's not even a special model, it's just a regular old M3 how is it unaffordable?
The non-M engine does 77hp/l which isn't ''poor performance for displacement'' either.
also 3100 lbs is heavy when compared to a miata maybe but the e36 is supposed to be stable at autobahn speeds so it should not be as lightweight.

high miles makes the leather seats crack up
and causes all sorts of tiny electrical problems
lots have a dodgy auto transmission with rough up shifts

also ppl keep crashing them
four already in junk yard from this

>27 year old leather and plastics tend to crack
wow big surprise here

> 77hp/l which isn't ''poor performance for displacement'' either.

Coming from Honda's it is.

And the M3 regular and old as it may be starts at 10k over here. If i'm in the market for a 10k car I sure as fuck wouldn't buy an e36.

Because my E30 is better looking and a higher quality cars.

Fuck E36s
>cloudy headlights
>disintegrating interior
>cracking chassis
Yeah I had one before, they're meh at the very best

>coming from a Honda
so you don't even know what torque is but you get high hp/l, that's great.
Honda's NSX 3.2 litre could only get up to 290hp while the E36 could get 321hp out of a 3.2 litre.

>nsx

How is this relevant to any of the cars we mortals drive. Fucking fanboy.

not because of age but because its thin leather
and the miles up around 300 k
most of the e36 have been used for touring

The point is BMW E36 offers an affordable 320hp 6 cyl.
In order to get a powerful Honda you need to buy an NSX or build a turbo Civic.

>how do you not know who I am!
>I am only random/o/ trip fag #900000!!!

>what's your excuse?

fucking rust killed my touring

You're just another shitty tripfag on a board filled with them. Don't delude yourself and think people should care about you. I wish I didn't know who you are, you contribute nothing.

>not fully restoring your beloved rusty bmw

e36 is like the official bmw of poor people / white trash

Unfortunate but true. Only good e36 is one you're using as a cheap tuner car/race car, otherwise there are plenty of better cars.

This is coming from someone who loves BMWs, and wants a 325i for a turbo project

>putting a bunch of expensive work into a fucking E36
They're so cheap they're disposable

if you live in europe there are not many good options that offer the performance for the price of a e36 328i

because i think it looks ugly as fuck

I'm sure that's true, and I won't knock you if you drive aNY bimmer in europe. It's just in america, most of the people who own them are Arabs, trash, and retard kids who destroy them.