NEW RECORD NEW RECORD

IT FUCKING HAPPEND NEW RECORD ON THE NÜRBURGRING FOR THE PORSCHE GT3 RS
>06:47,3min
Porsche BTFO everyone again. Amerikeks can't even produce a single car who can go under 7 hahahahahahhahah

auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/porsche-911-gt2-rs-nordschleifen-rekord-nuerburgring-2017-12660673.html

Video:
auto-motor-und-sport.de/video/porsche-911-gt2-rs-rekord-nuerbugring-nordschleife-12660679.html

Other urls found in this thread:

motor1.com/news/137593/lamborghini-huracan-performante-lap-record/
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times&diff=802632186&oldid=802632114#Lap_times
youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ
speedhunters.com/2017/08/ariel-enters-the-hipercar-game/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*GT 2 RS

Fuck yeah German engineering.
Amerifats btfo
Italicucks btfo
Nips btfo
feels good to be a euro fanboy

Porsche was always the king of the ring

HOLY SHIT

MY SHITPOSTING IS OVER

I COULD SHITPOST ABOUT THE KEKVIPER BEING CANCELLED, AND THE HURACAN NOT BEING VOLUME PRODUCTION, BUT THIS???

I CANNOT RECOVER FROM THIS

the beetle is still slower than a nismo gt3

the nismo gt3 was just a meme to trigger Prez/poo/ only he was autistic enough to fall for it

the nismo gt3 is still slower than the porsche 911 gt3 r

>still slower than the no
china wins

Every fucking time this retard shows up and shitposts about a not street legal GT3 racecar. You are the most retarded fag on Veeky Forums

>same price as a nismo gtr + an 80k body kit

AHAHAHAHAHAHA NISKEKS BTFO

DELET

STAY
BLOWN
THE
FUCK
OUT

its not a meme though my man

thanks it means a lot

and it only took porsche how long to do it?,, lmao

Holy crap we're reaching times that we though were only achievable by hypercars.

Cant wait for the next manufacturer that will sperg charge the burgerking

what was that?

>muh prototype when talking about street cars
and someone called me the most retarded fag on Veeky Forums

>06:47,3
Jesus, that's mental.

When will Amerifags finally produce a car that can at least go under 7? You guys hyped the viper like it will be the new king of the ring but I failed.

To be fair, the 7:01 was under shitty conditions. I saw somewhere that they will be back later for a lap on proper conditions.

>muh conditions
Even when the track was dry they couldn't go faster. America will never break the 7min

So how exactly does his car end up being so much faster?

They probably will, there were a couple of bad shifts in the 7:01 run so a near perfect lap in the ACR would definitely clock in under 7min.

The track was drying up and it was really cold.
High humidity and cold weather can hinder a car's time a lot, especially if its not on slicks.

Nobody is impressed by your excuses.

Apart from the massive horsepower?
RR cars have to be driven in a much different way compared to FR and MR cars to a degree. Their weight distribution is drastically different compared to conventional 50:50 tier layouts.

An RR car has to dive in the brakes later and carry them in the corner for a longer time, to keep the front loaded so it can have grip in the front tyres. Brake balance and dampers are also very different to accommodate the rear biased weight of the car. The end result is a very capricious car that can go really fast on the limit, but good luck if you are not a really good driver that understands how to drive a 911.

tl;dr space kraut magic and their stubborness to perfect an unconventional layout.

>t-tthe track was damp!!

classic amerifag excuse, the same was said with the z/28 camaro and the new z06

>HURACAN NOT BEING VOLUME PRODUCTION
bad bait
>race car
Not volume production

TRIGGERED

then THROW ALL OF YOUR SHEKELS to 3rd party to do it again

It would be the fastest ICE car in the centuries.
Yes, it would be a LAST ICE car.

and they are sold out.

>Porsche is building just 1,000 examples, and they’re all sold out. The price tag, not that it matters much now, is $294,250. Lucky customers awarded a build slot can look forward to deliveries starting in early 2018.

>>Porsche is building just 1,000 examples
That's basically in line with the 996 GT2's production numbers.
They only built 194 993 GT2s, 1242 997 GT2s and 500 997 GT2 RSs.

Who is left in their current cars that takes ring times seriously to make a run? Ferrari never really chased ring times, although a looking at the 430 scuderia and the 458 speciale, they are probably cooking a clubsport version of the 488. Maybe a non p1 mclaren as well. Other than that, we will have to wait for the next generations to set new lap records.

Fuck it didn't just take the Record, it fucking destroyed it.

Mercedes might do one with the AMG Project One. It's going to be interesting to see what that thing can do.

But, it is not ICE. Just Hybrid.

...I just realized this thing shattered the Huracan Performante's record WITHOUT ACTIVE AERO.

True, but that thing is on a league of its own. It's probably faster than a FXX K, let alone, which is much faster than a laferrari.

also without KERS and the latest bells and whistles. Just pure ICE. Impressive.

Project One, Valkyrie, the One:1 hasn't turned in a lap without crashing yet either...

OP you shoulda used this pic

HNNNNNG THICK
>german krautmagic is again the gamechanger

>Huracan is volume production

nice delusion

bad bait
>On 5 October 2016, the Huracán Performante set a new production car lap record of 6:52.01 min on the a Nordschleife in Germany.
>new production car lap
>production car
motor1.com/news/137593/lamborghini-huracan-performante-lap-record/

Who cares if the Hurracan is volume production or not, it got blown the fuck out by a fucking Beetle.

>production
indeed, it is not volume production tho

>Tfw track pack supercars are a better bet than hypercars for lap times

hmmm try again sweetie

It set the record in the dark pretty much. And it beat everything else for 5 times before the record lap.

Germany based as fuck once again.

>14s faster than the Viper ACR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA No wonder they dropped production of the shitsnek

>slicks
>slower than GT3 and other race cars

>a literal VW Beetle on steroids came within 2 seconds of a million dollar purpose-built electric hypercar on a nearly 7 minute lap

How is this even possible? Cars in arcade video games are slower than these modern sportscars

>06:47,3

Holy fucking shitballs that's fast

the NIO is electric sweetie

Tesla already btfo any pos who thinks it's fast

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The GT2 RS managed to get within 2 seconds of the purpose-built electric NIO, without active aero, AWD, KERS or any other electric assistance.

the NIO managed that with no internal combustion engine, turbochargers, intercoolers and high octane gasoline???

Just as a comparison, how long do you think the tires last on a hypercar compared to cars like the GT 3/2, Performante, etc.

Did the NIO set 5 record breaking laps though? How long to recharge between them?

>311 km/h, foot welded to the floor through the kink in the straight

How big are his balls actually

About the size of Jupiter and made out of solid titanium, presumably.

Nio has like 4 lap records, the ring, two in the circuit of the americas and I think some track in the UK

>How long to recharge between them?
you just swap the batteries for newly charged ones in like 2 minutes??? like have you ever used a remote controller???

>311 km/h
oh my

>on slicks

>chink
>Non-series/non-road-legal vehicles
>NIO itself doesn't say the EP9's time is a production-car lap record, for what it's worth.

Sweetie, Try again

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times&diff=802632186&oldid=802632114#Lap_times

>slicks aren't street legal where he lives

>311 km/h

Jesus fuck, the Aventador SV was only doing 250 km/h through that

No, I mean on the Ring. The Porsche set 5 sub-6:50 laps that day. The NIO probably needs to cool down its battery packs and recharge for 12 hours after every run

>A yellow GT2 RS goes like a bat out of hell
>In the infamous Stefan Roser nordschleife video he drives a yellow RUF CTR

IT'S A SIGN

youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ

>slicks are street legal in bumfuck idaho where speed limits are enforced by some farmer in his cropduster every 5 years
>therefore it counts as street legal

Huracan Performante did it flat but "only" at 300 km/h. I'm surprised it went slower despite the active aero. I guess those 70 or so extra HP in the Porsche make a bigger difference than I anticipated.

>bumfuck idaho where speed limits are enforced by some farmer in his cropduster every 5 years
That sounds fucking awesome!

That video is so fucking nuts, I'm pretty sure he spends more time counter-steering than actually steering the way the turn goes.

>he doesn't want to race a cropduster
literal cuck

It does until the drunk farmer/ sherrif starts shooting at you from his cropduster

I am not american???

so it only has one record then??? the NIO can even drive itself around track faster than most cars

Does Roser have the biggest set of balls ever witnessed?

We had a good run guys.
It was a good thread.

> Euro fan boy
> HURR dud fuck Italian cars

WHERE IS ITALY

Africa

how is it that the Ariel Atom doesn't hold the record?

no power and no downforce

Not enough top end. The GT2 RS was doing 193mph down the big straight, the Atom V8 tops out at 168.

>the Atom V8 tops out at 168.
>no power and no downforce
>Ariel Atom doesn't hold the record?
British Engineering

The driver of the 911 looked death straight in the eyes and death blinked.

so slap more wing, and active adjustable wings on the V8? so the car just goes faster on average than the Porsche can, to make up for the lack of straight away speed?

well ariel is too buys making ugly hybrid cars

speedhunters.com/2017/08/ariel-enters-the-hipercar-game/

lotus did it with the 3-eleven and managed a 7:01

the nurburgring is a track of power and downforce, not a track of agility

>track of agility
really? then what that would be?

electric fags BTFO

Imagine actually typing this out and adding a anime gif reaction.

Here are a few problems with the ariel.
It lacks streamline aero. The ariel has more than enough downforce for what it weights. Then it has a short wheelbase, which means it's twitchy as fuck. So even if you add more power, nobody will dare to drive it in the nords at full speed because they will probably pull a lauda and crash halfway in from the snap oversteer.

Where is your Nismo GT3 image? Sperg some people with that
6:40 < 6:47

tsukuba, top gear test track, stuff with low speed corners and no elevation changes

imagine getting triggered by it

the nismo gt3 was a meme to trigger Prez/poo/

>reading about the new 911 Turbo S the other day
>580bhp in a 3500lb car
>0-60 in 2.5 seconds
>accelerates so hard from a dead stop that the front wheels lift off the paveement
>ungodly fast, and still corners like a monster
>now this

How is it that Porsche is just so good?
More so how is it that Porsche's cars still basically look like normal cars, where as other super cars have extreme angular styling, fins all over them, and make massive design compromises in the name of weight reduction while Porsche still has luxury car interiors? The Corvette is a tiny little wedge, the Huracan is a wedge with an insane active aero system, the Ford GT has absurd body panels, tiny cramped interior, and looks more like a spaceship than a car, but the Porsche is still faster.

The can afford to make these cause the cayenne and the macan sell like hotcakes.

Truly petty