Eurofag here on low budget

Eurofag here on low budget.
I got my driver's license recently, and for the summer I used my dirtbike to get around in my small city quickly, but for the winter I plan to get my first car. I'm planning on getting a Swift from around 2001-2003, they are cheap as fuck, easy and inexpensive to maintain. I know it wont bear much prestige but other than that are there any downsides to it if I have a tight budget?

Pros:
>Dirt cheap.
>Plenty to choose from, easy to find a near mint one.
>Extremely fuel efficient.
>Easy to maintain and maintenance costs are low.

Cons:
>It's not a BMW 31X XX Compact I planned as a first car which would be more fun and better looking.

Other urls found in this thread:

hasznaltauto.hu/auto/bmw/316/bmw_316ti_compact_klima._alufelni._szervizkonyv-11254924
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what cunt
what budget
whats gas and insurance prices

It's a good choice. Americans know and love it as the Geo Metro.

Be sure to get the fuel injected 1.3 litre engine with 86hp and you will most likley outrun the 316 and some of the 318 compacts.The Subaru Justy has AWD, which adds to the fun in wet/snowy conditions but will make the car a little slower.

Pretty good. Also obligatory Twingopost.

But the Twingo is slow. Wont be able to go 150kmh+ on dirtroads, hence it will not be able to provide the desired fun.

Look for a Subaru Justy. It's a Swift, but it's AWD.

hungary?
get a swift then if you're ok with early 90's design, safety and rustproofing.
Heard that gearboxes in those like to shit themselves so watch out for it.

IIRC the Swift was assembled in Hungary so you're probably right in wanting to get one.
Nissan Micra Mk.2 (K11) is also a good choice if you want a cheap and reliable car.

>But the Twingo is slow.
16V version has 75hp, which isn't terrible for a sub-900kg car.

OP here.
>MFW I live in Hungary, Esztergom.

Eyy what's up Hungarybro
Just got my first car last year, but I live in BP so my needs are a bit different. Honestly a swift is gonna be one of your best bets. I'm personally in the twingo camp but suzukis are more reliable no doubt. Not as exciting as the bimmer but a bimmer would run you 4 or 5 times as much in maintenance, and small cars can be quite fun.

+1 for the Justy

Or if you are considering the swift be on the look out for the 1.3 gti. Cheap as chips and the 1.3 churns out 101 bhp. Which in such a light car is like 8.5 secs to 100.

I was soo happy when I survived my first trip from Esztergom to Budapest trough Széll Kálmán tér without fucking up the lanes, stalling or dying on my CPI SM50.
Parkingwise I love the bike in BP because I can leave it anywhere without parking fees, but I'm worried for it. I actually had a nightmare where gypsies gutted it because I parked it in nyócker.

But of course winter is coming and I'm not suicidal enough to bike in the winter...

This was the bimmer I had an erection for, but I could buy two Swifts for this price in similar state and Csonticar the seller is one of the the biggest negros there is in BP...

hasznaltauto.hu/auto/bmw/316/bmw_316ti_compact_klima._alufelni._szervizkonyv-11254924

Kinda depends on your financial situation mate.
Parts are going to be more expensive, so as general servicing items. It's also pretty heavy and tends to use more fuel.

On the flipside rust is less of an issue and it's much safer.

You may not want to go that fast in one after you try it once, a tad sketchy that.

97-2005 Passat B5 TDI
Good ones with under 300k km can be had for 1-2k€. They also don't tend to rust in critical regions and the engine is built like a tank.
I easily get 5l/100km in mine.

In terms of reliability, my '99 wagon has been in our family since 2002 and the most expensive repairs to date were a leaking diesel pump and a sketchy alternator. Other than that, it's regular maintenance.
Parts are also cheap as fuck. You can get a set containing all front suspension arms for 100€ for example.

>through Széll Kálmán tér
Fucking hell I live right next to it and I avoid it at all costs in the afternoon, one of the worst jams in the city if you go there at the wrong time. Although the bridges can be awful too. The thing that's nice about tiny cars like the twingo/swift is that they fit into lots of small spaces (not as small as the bike obviously) but it makes a world of a difference compared to trying to park a wagon or a sedan. On the other hand if you're on the highway a lot then they're pretty poor choices, I go down to balcsi every once in a while and stay in the right lane the whole time, mostly cause if I try to pass anyone then an Audi is on my ass within 3 seconds flashing it's lights.

Opel/Vauxhall Corsa driver here.

Light car with that horsepower is pretty nice, just on motorways the acceleration it can be a bit of a nuisance.

If you know how to downshift properly bendy and hilly roads are fun in little low powered shitboxes.

Sounds gud, but it's too big for me. Also I know its not always true, but everyone advises against used diesels.

My friends live near Moszkv... I mean Széll, so I have no other choice to fight through it.
In the middle of August my friend and I went to Balcsi in his 2004 MX5 freshly brought from Austria.
Even at 140 Audifags were tailgating us. It was a fun ride, he didn't let me drive it but I'm not blaming him, my license is still very fresh...

Do they have Starlets in Hungary? If so, get a Starlet.

A B5 A4 is mechanically identical (except for the rear suspension, which the Passat borrowed off the C5 A6) and smaller, with even better rustproofing.
The only problem is that they're almost always driven by cunts who think they're hot shit now that they drive an Audi.