Why the fuck would you ever buy a FWD car?

Why the fuck would you ever buy a FWD car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo
youtube.com/watch?v=sSikh1f8PW8
youtube.com/watch?v=r46BKOCVKGA
youtube.com/watch?v=KFx1KaRSfv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

$

I have 2 rwd cars, next will be fwd

Ease of travel during the winter, m8

>what are snow tyres
>what is AWD

>what are snow tyres

Exactly. Put those on a FWD car and you're golden

Put them on a RWD car and you're golden too.

>What is cheap fwd shitbox for the winter, m8

Fwd is superior handling

You need snow tires just to get the same handling as my civic

Superior gas mileage, less complex, less drive train loss

>cheaper to manufacture
>lighter
>more efficient
>less prone to ESC failure in moose test events. safer to understeer than oversteer
>safer in conditions than rwd

The typical consumer is much better off in FWD, which is why the entire econobox market is FWD.

Taking the bait.

It's cheaper.

>what is cheap RWD for the winter, m8

None of that is important.

None of that is true, and even if it was, it's not important.

No it's not.

Benchracers need to fuck off.

Highway driving/pulls

They get the best possible economy for roads that aren't covered in stop lights.

They also do 60-80 pulls much better than RWD. RWD is just for stoplight cucks

Your'e retarded if you think RWD with snows is better then FWD with snows

youtube.com/watch?v=STaximkaQxo

Stop posting, the driven wheels isn't important so long as you have snow tyres, only the amount. In snow, AWD>RWD=FWD.

I`ve seen plenty of rwd cars with snow tires getting stuck because theres no weight on the drive wheels.

>tyres
No wonder you don't have any real winter experience, bongland doesn't have enough deep snow to get through to notice that RWD is inherently worse than FWD in the snow.

You're like people from Georgia who insist they aren't bad at driving in the snow, but end up in a 60 car pileup with 2" of snow.

>bongland doesn't have enough deep snow
>what is snowdonia
>what is the lake district
>what is all of scotland in winter
Really made me think.

At 200 kph on the Autobahn it doesn't matter which wheels are driven. RWD obsession is boyracer shit.

Get out of my thread German cunt, go suck mutti Merkels muslim cock.

Highly understeery cars like Audis are good on the autobahns actually because you can`t accidentally snap the car at really high speeds and spin out.

it matters when you hit a corner and lose traction

>what is literally millions more of square miles of land
>what is literally hundreds of thousands more miles of road
>what is literally any reference besides your own personal anecdotes

>Autobahn
>corner

I already warned you once to stop posting in my thread, you think Britain doesn't get snow, that opinion right there is all I needed to revoke your rights to post on my board.

Delete your account.

Nah, I merely implied that Britain is so small, that the snow is negligible and easy to remove, and is. In America, it's so logistically impossible to remove snow on that scale, that roads are inherently snowier. Especially in parts of the US that do actually receive more snowfall than the UK. But maybe that was too much to read into.

Also, you spelled tires wrong.

you just say 'no' against all arguments made by . And use the kicker 'even it was true it's not important.'. You clearly don't know why you refute these facts and hold on to your simple truth "rwd is bwd".
Let me tell you this, i drive rwd. I love it. but i also damn sure know ALL of the points made are both true AND important.
>then why do you drive a RWD?
it gives the feel of a go-kart, makes driving on the edge more fun as a small oversteer is actually fun, while a small understeer is not.
furthermore you get sligtly better turning radius and a more accessible engine bay because of the longitudinal layout. also pure psychologically, to me if feels as if the car pushes you forward instead of pulls.

>thinks he can correct his MR2 at autobahn speeds

Its possible, but even if a car that understeers by design can accidentally snap, a car thats twitch will snap even more dramatically.

youtube.com/watch?v=sSikh1f8PW8

Underage /pol/tard virgin go and stay go

Only fat boomers drive FWD.

>also pure psychologically, to me if feels as if the car pushes you forward instead of pulls
Ah yes, world-renowned, these push chariots.

The exhaust on that BMW sounds disgusting.

in the case of driving 200 kph on the limit of traction you DAMN SURE want fwd.
In the case of fwd: you're bound to understeer. in that case slowly reduce power and steer untill you can correct your course as you want. (you do loose some speed).
in the case of rwd: you're bound to suddently start breaking the rear out. at this point you're pretty fucked since you are, in fact, not a professional racecar driver.
best to try to slightly lift and get 'r straight but you're pretty much out of control and will definetelly go very wide. (much more so than in a understeering fwd). and there's the big chance of snapoversteerkill.
Again, spoken by somebody who drives and loves his rwd.
I'm just realistic.

Kill yourself German, I'm enjoying the current kraut Genocide Mrs. Merkel is performing.

Only retarded inbreeds drive RWD.

>I'm enjoying the current kraut Genocide Mrs. Merkel is performing.
based!

>he thinks a loss of traction at 120mph would occur due to driven wheels and not weight transfer
Sure is underage in here.

>oi mate
>you dont like me weedy whacka tippies?

>its the butthurt Anglo doesn`t realize his nation is also filled with muds episode

The only people who use FWD are rural and suburban retards.

City people all use RWD.

>he thinks there is significant weight tranfer going on while cruising on the autobahn.
You know, it's a place where you can go really fast but it's not a racetrack. most high speed crashes occur because people put their cruise control on 220 kmph and just follow the road.. which can have quite different conditions as you travel vast distances at a high speed.

t. 56%

>t. slav who thinks everyone on the internet is an americunt

Isn't that the opposite? Rural folk drive pickups, so RWD.

City people drive tiny city cars, so they wind up with FWD.

Retarded anime poster. What else is fucking new.

if i need a car that's bare bones and A->B i wouldn't have a problem with the car being FWD at all

the majority of people don't give a shit

underrated.

But the US has way more snowplows, so it evens out.

And how does it make it easier to remove snow if it's covering 100 sq miles versus 500 sq miles? It's just as deep, and it's not like the US clears it by pushing it all to Mexico or something.

>that
>snow
Eastern Canadian here who knows what actual snow and winter is.
RWD here just doesn't work at least 6 months a year, even with top tier tires.

>he said on an anime website
Just letting you know you're gay.

>quotes a news article
woah btfo

Ok newfag.

>RWD here just doesn't work at least 6 months a year, even with top tier tires.

>eastern canada
>snow on roads for 6 months straight
>at least

pls.

Yeah
That's what I said.
Last 3 out of 4 winters IIRC were fucking brutal

because you don't need rwd or awd for a daily driver unless you're way up north.
Owner of e39 here. Next one is diesel fwd.

Oh look, it's another episode of It fits my narrative it so it's true.

Because you're a normie who literally doesn't know the difference and doesn't drive hard enough to be exposed to the different handling characteristics of FWD/RWD

Anyways, as somebody who has decades of winter driving experience in a place where it gets too cold in the winter for pavement salt to function... Let me tell you children.

RWD is universally shit in winter. I had an old 80s merc cougar and in order to get decent traction in the winter I had to fill the trunk with bricks and even then it was worse than more powerful FWD cars I had driven in the winter.

4X4 is not for winter. 90% of the vehicles I see in the ditch or run aground on snowbanks in the dead of winter are 4x4. 4x4 is specifically for going over obstacles like loose dirt or big boulders.

No experience with AWD to be honest. I imagine for acceleration it's better but in terms of going into the ditch I imagine it would suffer the same problems as 4x4. I.e. if the surface is slick you can go into a 4 wheel tire spin, completely losing control of the vehicle and the only way to get out is to hit the brakes, and if the road is icy all 4 wheels will lock simultaneously telling your ABS sensor that you are safely at a stop and allowing your brakes to lock.

RWD probably isn't as bad with an LSD, but then you can get LSD on FWD too now.

All around I'd take FWD in the winter over AWD, RWD, or 4x4 any day.

If you go in the ditch or up a snowbank your car is fucked anyway. So AWD/4x4 making it easier to get out again is irrelevant.

What would probably be great for winter would be something like the AWD system on a honda ridgeline (which only the ridgeline seems to have which is sad because it's an overpriced pile of crap). AWD with selectable FWD. That needs to be a thing. You'd probably see less idiots in the ditch with their RAV4 and shit when it snows.

> Most weight of the car is on unpowered axle.
> Golden

I bought mine because she was cheap as hell while being rare as fuck
gonna prolly buy my brother's sierra as a projct car tho

It goes beyond that too. Cheapo old RWD cars would have really soft and swimmy suspension (in order to allow for quick weight transfer to the drive wheels when accelerating) which overall just makes them far less stable on slick roads.

AWD isn't 4x4 you knob. AWD is superior in the ice and snow. That's why it exists.

>AWD with selectable FWD
Most systems are like this automatically if they are front biased. FWD on the freeway for economy, AWD when you push the car hard, cornering, or when you lose traction.

>No experience with AWD
Then maybe you shouldn't talk out of your ass.

pleb. winter is why you buy rwd.

>look, mom, I'm projecting on the internet
Get fucked kid.

Rally drivan but too poor to fix AWD

Boiracer > benchracer

You cant even come up with the correct insult. Just because I proved you wrong doesn't mean you need to act like a child. Just don't talk about things you don't understand.

Alternatively watch this video. The GMC has 4x4, so the wheels spin together. The VW has AWD, and vectors torque to wherever there is traction. The VW doesn't even need superior HP, it just sends torque to wherever it is needed.

youtube.com/watch?v=r46BKOCVKGA

How is that guy even projecting? Just calling him a kid doesn't make any sense.

Everyone is arguing about front/rear shit and I'm just sitting here never getting stuck in my straight axle 4x4

you dont get stuck if you pass fast enough

only for half the year when people dont want to bring out their RWD cars, most of which are future classics, to be eaten by rust while you pretend to drift with handbrake in your disposable rustobx

ive lived in bongland.
You fags get no snow.

I have this car, 3 door.

>What would probably be great for winter would be something like the AWD system on a honda ridgeline

You mean SH-AWD?

youtube.com/watch?v=KFx1KaRSfv8

That`s because you`re american. Old ladas are stiff and have almost no damping.

>rwdfags need 2 cars just to get around for half a year

Jokes on you though, here most people buy rwd cars just for the winter to wrap around trees.