Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/EL/status/874061437718716416
youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3npkMNj0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fags

Friendly reminder that SFV and T7 are identically bad. Both have horrendous input lag, terrible online experience, a lack of character variety, and sparse on features. They even share artificial load times. If you promote either of these games you're a fighting game community killing scrub equal to a Smash kiddie.

Friendly reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

>street fighter OP
>no dragon ball OP

stop this

>sfv is bad
just go back to r*ddit

Karin.

>not liking lesbian schoolgirls

>It's DOA

It's not fair bros

It's lood so it's fine

Should have used this as the picture OP

>durrhurr lets suck dragon ball cock till next fucking year guys hurr

Fuck off retard.
Shit isn't even out an I already hate you bitches.

Go the fuck back to Dragon Ball General where you god damn belong you wank.

rashid

any tips for king?

Persona 5 Arena will save fighting games

who will you main?

New ClayFighter when?

>There are people in the world who think like this

I'd rather help cleanse this board of the toxicity it's had for years than post on DBG which is already a good general.

I PLAY FIGHTING GAMES TRUST ME I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

twitter.com/EL/status/874061437718716416

Why aren't more people hype over this? Is it because it's not anime kusoge?

Should I play FFXIV now that capcom killed the genre again?

I can't wait for tomorrow's shitstorm at Sony's E3

When?

>So intentionally cutting frames from the animations to give a game more of a 2d feel is being bad at animating?

Yes, you sperg. Cutting frames doesn't give it a 2D feel. If you knew anything about animation you'd know there are things that utilize many more frames than goober gear.

Cutting frames just gives it the look of garbage budget anime.

>Cutting frames doesn't give it a 2D feel.
It objectively does.

p4a was amazing. never played any persona games and not an anime player in general. but damn that game was fun as fuck

Is it okay to occasionally drop 1 or 2 frames in T7?

Will they drop it after the winner is a gay furry shown on tv?

how do i into t7 pirate muliplayer

>ESSPORRRRRTTTTTTTTTS HYPPPPPPPEEEEE

Fuck off

Never. Interplay died while exploring the possibility of one.

wish esports was dead

The guy you're talking to is too stupid to realize that Xrd could actually implement more inbetween frames to make shit look better.

Like he thinks that GGs 2D sprites were as good as it gets with 2D animation.

t. hitbox helmet wearer

Go watch Paper Man then kys

Had this piece of shit on megadrive. You literally had to switch between 3 punch buttons and 3 kick buttons by pressing start. what the fuck

No it doesn't. Capcom spent decades making 2D games that to this day completely blow the fuck out of every single ASW game you can name.

They didn't do it by cutting frames, they did it by having godlike artists and the best key framing and tweening in the industry.

Super Street Fighter V

Watch that GG documentary on its graphics. The art director basically said "yes we could make the animation better but its a stylistic choice", then he said "it would also be very expensive and time consuming for us to do that, we are only a small studio." Now, if you are not a naive twat, you know the only reason their animation is trash is because of the money, the art director's "stylistic choice" is just the best excuse for selling that crap animation off to their fans. And its working.

Best Boy.

SFV Eleague was way too drawn out

Don't worry the hate on DBZ fans to the point capcucks go to events and shoot them to get said events banned will do it for you.
>Implying Capcuks or DBZ fans have the balls to pick up a weapon

Yes it does you retard.
Motion tweening between keyframes is literally a 3D animation technique, cutting the frames inbetween and only showing keyframes (along with smear frames) is a 2D animation technique

imagine being so terrible that you get beaten in your main game by strifehomo of all shitters.

Reminder that unlike Marvel, Japanese players will be playing Dragonball.

>league for a dead game
why bother

Was this racist?

>Capcom
>the house of udon
>good artists

Lmao SFV is one of the worst looking fighting games of all time

>getting shit on by someone who had literally just picked kof up
lmao

HBR needs to be run out of this general like sayina

>goobers and kekkens teaming up to destroy capcom
damn
Was he part of the plan?

I rather have Xrd style easy to follow animations than the eyerape of skullgirls.

>Motion tweening between keyframes is literally a 3D animation technique
>is literally a 3D animation technique
Holy fuck, it's like you self assured retards don't know the internet exists. This is easily proven wrong by searching google.

Shut the fuck up if the only thing you know about animation is gobbling goober cock.

>cutting frames doesnt make it feel 2d

yes it does lol. do you know anything about animation? you emphasize your key frames and smear everything else. there's generally 1-3 key frames for normals and everything else is an inbetween you basically dont see

i'm pretty obviously talking about old capcom, not the hideous new capcom staffed by goobers

HAHAHAHAHA

Someone post that animation comparison ArcSys showed of Sol without having frames removed.

what the fuck
thats what shitty flash artists do.

SFV literally best animations in the genre currently.

Fighting games require effort, most people just want to mash with their favourite character.

Sniffpost me on Marvel vs Costco

It's sad that even a garbage game like SFV and IJ2 have better animations than anime's flagship game.

>No it doesn't.
Yes it does.

>They didn't do it by cutting frames
Yes they did. Not because they wanted to do it stylistically, but because 2D has that limitation. The best, smoothest 2D animation in the world still cuts frames, it jumps around to where it needs to be when the scene demands it, they jump unnaturally to what is possible in reality. They do it all the time because you have to. You can't have billions and billions of frames of animation, it's way too fucking costly to do. Even movies cut frames because they're filed at 24FPS. Street Fighter 4 and V don't cut frames and they look like shit, the style is all gone, things lack impact very badly, it doesn't have the expression that the 2D games did. I don't give a fuck if you think ASW games look like shit, that's not relevant to the topic, fact of the matter is cutting frames absolutely does objectively give things more of a 2D look. Your brain processes the information differently when things are not super fluid. That's why when The Hobbit tried to do 48FPS, people said the movie looked cheap and shitty like it was a home movie or something, they were processing more information which changed how the visuals looked even though the only thing that changed was the framerate.

Here's hoping the ginyu force is playable in DBF, so many shenanigans to be had if Arcsys goes through their movelist.

god DAMN sfv is shit

>garbage game like SFV
>best 2d fighting game on the market is garbage
Here is your (you) I guess

>constant clipping of hair and other things
>Cammy airthrow
>ryu crHP
>gief counter

Stop guzzling and start gearing up for DBF

and it will always be shit

>god DAMN sfv is shit
read this EXACT post on kappa

Will it have FD or an equivalent? Should it have meter guard at all?

GINYU FORCE RULES
GINYU FORCE RULES

>there's generally 1-3 key frames for normals
If your game is budget ASW garbage maybe.

>why cant any generals relevant to multiple franchises ever do anything but devolve into bickering and shit everywhere
This is not true but I won't tell you which one is the good one

toppest fighting dykes

funny considering it's coming from the Kof guy where SNK at that time period also was known for it's good animation

I want to shit all over Ricki and their gay ass stream so hard right now, but it isn't even worth it.
Fuck that loser.

>cherrypicking this hard
>having issues with any of those except for cammies throws
desperate.

>tfw Darkstalkers doesn't have that 2D feel because it didn't cut frames to look as shitty as an ASW title

It's time bros.

Fuck marvel.

"I'll take the right, you take the left."

>those animations

Giving DBZ to ArcSys was a mistake. Should've given it to a competent company like Capcom.

No one will ever admit that, though. Hate is powerful thing.

If there was always a "good one" we'd be robots. You can't magically make people like the "correct decision" so might as well just enjoy what you like.

Guy has literally zero credibility when it comes to any topic.

What did he do?

youtube.com/watch?v=xZ3npkMNj0s
First half is Sol without removed frames. Second half is Sol with removed frames how it looks like in-game.

>because it didn't cut frames
Yes it did.

>tfw 3S doesn't have that 2D feel because it didn't cut frames to look as shitty as an ASW title

>mfw SF2 has a better 2D feel than SF3 because it cut more frames

>It didn't cut frames

forever

What are you even on about
I'm just talking about the generals

It looks like 2D, just not the same way. Like how classic Disney Films, 70's HB cartoons that abused the fuck out of shortcuts, and "action" cartoons where characters barely move are all 2D, just with different styles.

I don't get that vegeta assist, it's either coming out stupidly fast after frieza teleports or you can choose which side it appears which would be wild

Goobers are suicide watch when they realize their game STILL doesn't have that 2D feel.

Get on this level goobers

3S has bad sprite art

Something like KoF or Garou is much more consistent which I appreciate more.

Vsav is the goat though.

Take notes, /fgg/

>it didn't cut frames
nigger what

>This general is infested with stupid goobers saying the dumbest shit everyday

GET
OFF
MY
GENERAL

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw SF3 is actually 3D because it has more than 2 frames of animation

I have no idea why it became cool to like ASW in recent years
their stuff has always been trashy and they rival capcom in sheer jewery

>Broski left us
>we have to live with garbage like Shitboxrep

Thinking about it, he is exactly what we deserve. A shitter who is all talk and doesnt even play games.

wait wtf i thought we were only supposed to like street fighter???