Looking for Piaggio Ape in US

19 year old no wheels phaggot here. I've been tied between getting a truck or motorcycle, but thanks to BeamNG discovered that three wheeled trucks are real thing. It doesn't have to be a Piaggio ape in particular, I'm just looking for a three wheeled truck. Also some questions, do I need a motorcycle license? Do they have any major problems? And on a side note, what exactly makes a car street legal? Willing to do work on it, I'm also not mr. Moneybags, so if I can't find one for under $2,000 I'll just pick a car from the sticky.

I don't think apes are street legal in trumps facist distopia

it might vary by state

You could get one of these bad mamajamas

Piaggio Ape 50(cc) is a moped and should be pretty easy to register? At least here in europe there's no problem.

Mopeds are street legal

What is

the sticky is a ruse

Ok, noted. Any reliability\hi MPG recommendations?

I believe they are called low speed vehicles, LSV or something. There's at least 4 or 5 I've seen owned by private people in the city parked in the street.

Where do I purchase one?

I have one.
You probably don't realize how small these things are.

Anyway I paid 250euro for it, you should worry about shipping cost and import taxes.

Don't care, I'm a small car kind of guy. Any idea where or how to get one? Willing to pay fees.

I don't know.
They're extremely popular in rural europe, especially in France and here in Italy, but you almost always find them from private sellers

do i have a better bet looking in USA or should I just try to find one in Europe and get it shipped

Go to /diy/. Some dude just purchased some electric version from Alibaba. I'm sure he can answer most of your questions.

Side by sides aren’t street legal in all states and the ape is bigger than a side by side

Just build a Tiger Truck

Not sure about the USA, but here in Canada these things are in a legal grey zone that makes them illegal for street use. Basically, to be a motorcycle/trike/scooter it can't have an enclosed cab, but to be a car it needs 4 wheels and the proper safety gear (unless it's registered as an antique). The Ape doesn't fit into either of these categories and as such cannot be registered. I'd recommend looking into Kei trucks if you want something similar that's street legal.

in Ohio all needs are lights a seatbelt and bumpers if it came with them. Also front windshield and mirrors.

Get rascal scooter and pimp it out.. They are less expensive and have less stability issues. That vehicle in your picture looks like it'd tip over if you sneezed.

>That vehicle in your picture looks like it'd tip over if you sneezed.

I want it