Ford Coyote Engine Swaps Gaining Popularity?

Saw this M3 with a Ford V8 at a car meet. youtu.be/KWHXn-2Q73A

LS engines are cheaper lighter and make more power.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=914hzQeTnw0
gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19331583.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Hemi_engine#Third_Generation:_Trademarked
hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-1303-hemi-5-7l-junkyard-turbo/
hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1106-turbocharged-hemi-engine/
challengertalk.com/forums/f176/stock-hemi-5-7-1100-hp-100011/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how many hours and how many hunnerds of dollers would the yote swap

Cuz pushrods are ancient

Try *thousanns* u moron

Because the world would be a boring fucking place if everyone only ever picked the obvious choice.

>LS engines are cheaper lighter and make more power.

nice delusion

If someone manage to put a Ford V8 in a certain Ford it would ironically be the coolest swap.

lol

They are still cheaper, lighter, and make more power. Try again faggot.

The main reason the coyote isn't swapped is cost. Well, cost and size. And simplicity to an extent, apparently they're harder to get running. Honestly who cares, it's a brand difference, they're both v8s, pick which is best for your requirements.

Have you tried not being a shitposting nigger making these retarded threads over and over again and actually looking into buying a car and enjoying it?

nope, you can get a 4v mod from a lincoln for $500, LS engines have shoot up in price because of fangirls like you

>more power
>lighter
yet they can't run 5's, they are trash

sperg more

>comparing a full bred drag car to street cars

yeah man, ill give you a bone stock modular and a bone stock ls and $500 and lets see which makes more horsepower for the money

that's a really nice car, but why are there random people dancing in the background?

would an LS4 fit in a Tiburon?

MUSTANG
Must
Use
Superchargers
Turbos
And
Nitrous
Gas

You're both fucking retarded.

Cuz that's what niggas do u stupid cracka

Wheels are ancient too, we should using them then right?

OHV cam-in-block V8s have always been more compact and lighter than an equivalent displacement OHC or DOHC V8s, this is a fact. Hell it's not uncommon for DOHC four bangers to be within spitting distance of what an LS weighs. Overhead Cam systems are many things but light weight and compact isn't on the list.

there isn't a single GM engine that makes more power than the 5.8 trinity

>technology is cheating!

reminder there isn't a single N/A GM engine that makes more power than the 5.2 voodoo

>OHV cam-in-block V8s have always been more compact and lighter than an equivalent displacement OHC or DOHC V8s,
nice delusion

More HP per LITER!!!

thread/

Sure, the LS is superior in terms of packaging n weight, but the Coyote got that phat-ass redline that's a blast to wring out, even if it does sound like shit. Think of it as a rotary that actually makes power.

Unless you live in an area with displacement tax, honestly either method works. The LS series is *slightly* smaller than the coyote, physically. Hondabois invented hp/L to feel good about their cars.

Being a DOHC design it is able to rev higher than a pushrod. Thus it makes the same amount of power as an LS3 albeit less displacement because its done through RPM not torque. For a track car like the one in OP's video that is actually better because you're not worried about power at low rpm's. DOHC also allows the engine to independently vary the intake and exhaust valves for greater hp+tq throughout the entire RPM range without sacrificing idle quality.

Now the main downsides of DOHC compared to OHV are size and weight. The CoG is higher too with alot of the weight in the cylinder heads.

So in the end, the Ford is probably more sophisticated but it has its limitations.

Chrysler HEMI is still the best

okay, like i said, money for power the LS is better to build. you literally didnt respond to a single point i made in my post. you just started sperging over factory hp numbers.

>bigger fatter heavier despite less displacement

>sophisticated

nope, you are just delusional

>less power despite more displacement
>sophisticated
lol LS fangirls are this retarded

okay, whatever you say man. i never realized people were getting junkyard coyote motors and putting down 10s. im glad theyre so so cheap now and i see coyotes in everything from Pro-Am Formula D cars to full-bred drag cars. sorry for being so delusional bro.

New TVR using Coyote

>coyote
first of all you need to learn about the subject you are trying to talk about, the coyote is just one of the many modulars that exist, and people do pull 4.6 modulars from a junkyard and put down 10's, as a matter of fact, you can pull a teksid block from an aviator for $500, and with simple mods you can run 5's, something it is impossible to do in an LS

>Pro-Am Formula D cars
literally who cares what people with no drifting skills have to do to compete?

>full-bred drag cars
sadly there are 0, zero, LS powered full bred drag cars running 5's, this is not the case with Ford modulars

>sorry for being delusional
you are forgiven, now repent your sins and join the blue oval family

>coyote
you're the one who never picked a specific modular to sperg over, but thats okay.

>pro am formula d cars
well, alright, you dont know how the FD ladder works to get to pro1 where all the cars are either JZ or LS based excluding like 3 people but thats okay too.

>running 5s
i never asked for a 5 second car, but its pretty impressive that a 4.6 can do that. its still weird that nobody decides to swap modular ford engines instead of LS though, huh?

>join the blue oval family
i drive a shitty cvpi already, thanks.

no i didn't, the coyote is over-rated, and fomula D is a skid competition, it doesn't involve car control anymore

>its still weird that nobody decides to swap modular ford engines instead of LS though
just like nobody carries a barret .50 cal for self defense, just a couple of madmans

the Mod is for Gods only

The crazy this is when you do an LS swap in an E36 the weight of the car remains the same but you actually IMPROVE the weight distribution of the car.

The coyote swap in the vid prolly has the same effect

have a good day pal. i hope people start swapping coyotes in street cars as often as they swap LS just for your sake of sperging out on Veeky Forums.

I hope they don't because that'd shoot up the value of modular engines

ok faggot

you guys are crazy, have a pic of my girlfriend and embrace all V8s.

u give that V all 8 cm's?

>He needs a tube chassis dedicated dragster and the literal worst V8 to compete with a straight six production chassis.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=25&v=914hzQeTnw0

Definitely not the ls

>inb4 muh lq

This engine only works well in workhorse trucks.

except that supra is also a tube frame chassis, and it's not using a stock toyota cast

good job idiot

Can I fuck her tits

>there isn't a single N/A GM engine that makes more power than the 5.2 voodoo

Kek

gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19331583.html

>not production
>not street legal
>still makes less power than a cammer from the 60's

how pathetic

The LS is pretty cutting age. The coyote is an absolute dinosaur.

Wrong. It is a supra chassis with a back halfed live axle swap instead of the IRS.

>not production
>>not street legal

Look, the Ford cuck is moving goalposts already!

>Only one V8 listed

Fordlets will defend this.

It's easy to.
>twin cams

That's worth the physical size and weight? Wew they're worse than I thought.

not to mention the LS3 and GenV LT1 are better on fuel then fords heap

Can't the HEMI take shit tons of power? I knew a guy who bought a Challenger SRT and was able to get the same HP the 6.2L Supercharged engine the Hellcats have, but he was able to do it at half the price.

the Ti-VCT certianly is

I need a 4000HP min ford motor, prefer more if possible, TT or supercharged root ok.

without hrs of looking does one even exist? Costs be dammed.

18th
20th
21st
Sperg more

Hemis are still iron block. Stronger but heavier

>That's worth the physical size and weight?
yes see

Man that's really not that huge of a size difference as I thought there was. With all the GM shills on here I figured the LS was half the size of the Coyote

A straight-on picture would better show the difference. I can promise you those wide-ass cylinder heads will give you trouble in an engine swap with hitting the brake booster, steering box, steering column, etc. More so than an LS swap would at least. Width is a huge concern when stuffing V8s into cars that shouldn't have them

It's a big enough difference considering the LS is almost 2 liters more displacement and still smaller. That's why a lot of the time you're left with more engine room after a LS swap.

Coyotes are already cheaper than some LS engines

theyre only going to get more popular as time goes on

They need to win some Baja's first.

hardly anyone gives a shit about baja

jesus christ, where did you go, THAT LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME

The secret to the new hemi engines power production is how much flow is in the head. the 6.4/392 hemi heads have claims of 360 CFM with a port clean up. Just for comparisons sake a stock 6.0 LS3 head flows "just" 318CFM.

There is also an aftermarket aluminum hemi block available that's pretty expensive. But is designed to be able to be pushed for larger then 440 cubic inches and over 1200 horse power.

>cfm
>relevant

is the 5.7 any good? I see it in junkyards alot and all the LS are missing or marked up to the roof because Muh swap

You like ford modular engines, of course you don't think so,.

>how much air gets into the engine is irrelevant according to Veeky Forums
wow i'm actually embarrassed for you

It's ok, but you want a Gen III hemi so 2009 or later if you go 5.7. It has more aftermarket support.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Hemi_engine#Third_Generation:_Trademarked

It's one of the three megashitters, what did you expect?

ill stick to my cheap jap shit if i want a compact powerplant.

is one of those 700hp+ turbo on stock internals possible on one of those like they do with the iron blocks lq/ls engines it's got a deep skirted block like those and it's a hemi so I'd assume so

It's capable of 1000 horsepower on stock internals. Cross bolted mains, powdered metal rods, forged crank.

yet the fastest modular is faster than the fastest modern hemi

now tell me, is the Hemi head better than a Hayabusa head because it has a bigger cfm number?

go ahead, embarrass yourself

sheeit I always felt like those 5.7s were overlooked because of the LS I don't know how, the revival of the hemi is way cooler than a new generation sbc

>yeah let me put a 400 cfm head on my two liter, it will totally make more power than a 200 cfm one!!

not only that, but peak cfm is a useless number

Is this faggot serious?

what the fuck are you on about? the more air you can get into your engine quicker the more power you will make, why do you think dohc is a good thing over push rods, it flows at a higher cfm because it allows for more valves and allows the engine to spin faster meaning it uses even more air

not an argument

citing peak cfm as if its a figure that actually matters is retarded

My god, is this tripfag losing his mind? Or is he just mad he needs forced induction on his modular piece of shit to make similar horsepower and torque?

You're wasting energy. Soviet is a literal child who will never amount to anything in life, and seems to only think in simplistic, binary terms, hence the fastest modular pass every single thread. He will now accuse me of projecting.

Who said it was peak? Other than you, I mean.

They're overlooked for a good reason though. Because you basically need a head swap to make them come alive.

They're good motors that have great torque, but they aren't anything special until you step up to the bigger SRT versions. But those cost a lot of money to not only get, but build.

>air just magically flows into an engine

I barely can into engines yet I know this, its some basic shit my man. Cfm is irrelevant if your engine doesn't produce the necessary vacuum to make use of said capacity of volume of air, higher cfm numbers will also require higher engine speeds, which means you will only make power at the top of the rev range as you go up in cfm numbers.

there is a reason drag racing N/A Hondas don't make any power down low

nice strawman, keep defending the fact that you fell for the cfm meme

nice projection

this guy

I thought the heads on a hemi were one of their hallmarks, there's no way a retooled sbc can outflow it, also how is it under a turbo application, I imagine it would be fairly competent in taking more than 600hp

>air just magically flows into the engine
there's a little something called atmospheric pressure i think you should know about, also all running engines create vacuum in the intake manifold as they consume air

No where does he say peak CFM. Stop projecting.

And since you barely can in to engines, why should anyone listen to you? The fact that you think CFM is irrelevant is more than idiotic. It basically says you have no clue what that number means, or why it's important.

So here's a little tip for you try hard. The more airflow, the less vacuum is needed to get enormous amounts of air in to your engine. Its like gently sucking air through a straw, versus you trying to suck dick through a coffee stirrer. So a hayabusa engine has to rapidly suck air faster than a big giant V8 with half the RPM's.

I can't believe someone had to explain this to you since you and yet you want to present yourself as some sort of authority on the topic.

wat

Hemis have been commonplace for years and arent anything special even when it comes to flow nowadays its just marketing
Chrysler didnt even invent it

and GM has SBC racing heads that flow over 450 cfm

hey look it's the trip fag that isn't insufferable, what's your opinion of the 5.7 hemi, is it good for a turbo build like everyone is doing with the junkyard ls?

>is it good for a turbo build like everyone is doing with the junkyard ls?

I dont see why not

hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-1303-hemi-5-7l-junkyard-turbo/
hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1106-turbocharged-hemi-engine/
challengertalk.com/forums/f176/stock-hemi-5-7-1100-hp-100011/

The 5.7L gen III don't flow anything super. But they come alive with a port job and a good exhaust.

But to really open them up, the 6.1L Hemi heads and a port job will get you around 400 horsepower to the wheels.

Guys. You're wasting your virtual breath.

>atmospheric pressure

has literally nothing to do with what I am talking???

he is quoting peak cfm numbers,otherwise he wouldn't claim the gen iii hemi is better due to big cfm numbers, and he isn't even citing valve liftto begin with

>why should anyone listen to you?
don't listen to me man, google that shit and find out for yourself how big cfm numbers are just a meme to sell heads to retarded baby boomers

>The more airflow, the less vacuum is needed to get enormous amounts of air in to your engine.
umm you are forgetting the other side of the equation????
if you have a lot of airflow, at lower engine speeds your intake velocity is lower. let me use an analogy to illustrate this, although I am not going to use dicks because I am not a huge homo like you

Imagine your retarded ass is opening a door, just a normal door,like the one in the gay stripclub you visit everynight

if you open the door slowly, which effectively creates a weaker vacuum, air flows into the room slower than if you were to open it faster, the speed you are opening the door represents the engine speed, if you have a big massive door, you need to open it higher to maintain intake velocity

you want to maintain a stable intake velocity through the whole rev-range, which is why some cars have variable intake lengths.

It's the same with your head, you want to make sure the cfm is the optimal one for the application, on the street you don't want a massive 50cfm head on a 350/302 engine, because the intake velocity will be slower, and you will make no power

intake velocity is as important as the volume of air that moves at this velocity, it's just like exhaust diameter