New gen reveal soon brahs. Will FCA make the Wrangler great again?

New gen reveal soon brahs. Will FCA make the Wrangler great again?

>will still be offered in manual
>will offer a v6 turbo-diesel
>will have models that are full time 4wd

Other urls found in this thread:

trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1208dp-banks-vm-motori-630t-v6-diesel-engine/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a good thing they put that pixellated wrap shit on there, since otherwise people would get too good a sneak peek of what the fucking new Jeep Wrangler would look like. Gotta keep 'em guessing.

Beat me to it.

Why is full time 4wd a plus?

imo it's not, but it'll be an option on some models if you want it. It's kind of neat as bragging rights, I guess.

Renegade styling cues are going to make it the "Cutest" wrangler ever.

>bigger every gen
>more plastic
>taller for no reason
Confirmed for supreme mall crawler, will be the most "Becky" jeep yet.

please stop this...

Why do they bother wrapping it? If they really want to hide the design they should just paint it black and no one will look twice at it. It would be just another black jeep.

The Jeep died when they stuck a minivan engine under the hood. TJ was the last good Jeep.

Pretty much this.
If you want a better jeep, then shell $50K-80K mods.

Jeep died when they stopped putting half doors on them standard

half doors are shit

That engine is p gud tho?

You can order them yourself.

At this point, the Wrangler is basically what the Cherokee used to be.

IMO, they should rename the Wrangler Unlimited and turn it into the new Cherokee, and then come out with something that is actually around the size of what the wrangler should be. A small, no frills, sportstruck with 2 doors and standard Manual.

Honestly I'm more surprised Chrysler never went all in with the classic jeep styling across the whole brand.

While the third gen Cherokees and Grand Cherokees are shitty cars, their front styling was pretty good. people expect a Jeep to look a certain way, and the current chink eyed Cherokee does NOT look like what a Jeep should.

It's a great engine. It doesn't have the durability credentials of the old 4.0.

Ah, fair enough. The V6 turbo-diesel sounds like it could be amazing though.

I still can't get over the way the cylinders are arranged. It's just so un-Jeep. And the fact that it also suffers from everything that plagues modern engines: overly complex design, more horsepower than torque, peak outputs at redline, and a grating sound.

There's a reason why the best diesels are inline and not V-shape, though.

Until you realize it's a fiat turbo diesel.

Just stick to gas engines. Diesels in america suck.

a convertible crossover

>can't even flip down the windshield for maximum safari mode

>diesels in america suck
>he says while complaining about a european engine

Cummins are supposed to be amazing, aren't they?

The pattern is disruptive so you can't see the body-lines clearly, because they're probably not finalized in some way. If they were flat black, you'd be able to see them pretty clearly.

The other frequent thing they do is cloth wrapping, since the thickness of the cloth can also hide the lines well.

Fiat is a quality diesel is it?

The Pentastar is our most reliable engine.

he means nobody will look at it because it's a fucking jeep. just like the millions of jeeps on the road. Nobody will look at it and say "OMG OMG that a test mule it's the new jeep look how different it looks!!"

Both the Grand Cherokee and Compass look exactly how a Jeep should. The Grand Cherokee is a serious off road vehicle with better luxury compared to the only other vehicle in its class.

>At this point, the Wrangler is basically what the Cherokee used to be.

Wrong. The old Cherokee was a unibody, and still lacked the modularity the Wrangler has. You do remember the Wrangler is still the only removable top SUV on the market? Right?

>here's a reason why the best diesels are inline and not V-shape, though.
>what is Duramax(Isuzu)

>Diesels in america suck
>what is Cummins and Duramax(Isuzu)

Yes

lol first thing I thought too

Is it the one they use in the ram 1500? From what I've read those engines have a lifespan of 50k miles.

It will look the same, have shitty engines but the chassis will be a few inches longer and wider.

Same with G-wagen.

The Pentastar Ram 1500 is your best option for reliability.

>what is Duramax(Isuzu)
>what is Cummins and Duramax(Isuzu)
You're not on jeopardy you nerd.

>Being this new
WEW
E
W

While the 3.7 is a piece of shit, the Pentastar is better than anything that preceded it before.

>>>/reddit/

So is the Wrangler based truck still set to debut with the next gen?

It's a fantastic well proven motor. I still doubt the V6 will end up in it. I'm still wagering on the other 2.8 four cylinder VM Motori diesel in other markets to end up in the domestic Wrangler.
>It's just so un-Jeep
According to who? Because they stagnated with a particular engine platform for so long? By that logic anything apart from sidevalve four cylinders and leaf sprung axles front/rear is "un-Jeep".
And your claim that the "best diesels are inline and not V-shape" holds no bearing.
It's a seriously good motor regardless of manufacturer.
trucktrend.com/how-to/expert-advice/1208dp-banks-vm-motori-630t-v6-diesel-engine/

Yes. Nice get

also, I miss the comfy story threads.

>gladiator
>not Comanche
FCA pls

But they will look at it, there's literally a photo proving that. Besides, the face of the new wrangler is a lot more curved than the XJ's, so it's clearly got enough differences going on to be noticeable.

Now, whether or not people will actually CARE about new designs (aside from auto journalists) is a different story. On one hand I can see car companies not wanting to play their hand too early into a car's development by revealing body styling that is received as ugly before focus groups get time to revise it. On the other hand, by the time you've built a working prototype, it's unlikely that that shit's going to change much.

honestly, I have had my ram 2016 1500 ecodiesel for a year now and put 20k miles on it and from the forums I am worried its gonna pop.

They can refresh it all they want but if it still gets garbage mpgs they can go fuck themselves. Jeep has been lagging behind in this respect. Get a fucking tacoma and shit on jeeps all day

There were a lot of reports of early Ram Ecodiesels (like first two years of manufacture) developing unforeseen early life big end rod knock, but this turned out to be an assembly fault on a batch intended for the half ton Ram that was since rectified.
This motor has been well proven in Aus fitted to Grand Cherokees regularly bought to pull 7000ish lb caravans through 100+ degree ambient heat.

It's not our most reliable engine but assuming it was made after 2015, you'll have much better odds compared to early adopters.

>the absolute state of tacomafags
Wow, enjoy your open diffs
>MUH EMM PEE GEES
You're not fooling anyone, fag

Not only that, but they can't even manage four link coil live axle on any end, let alone both ends like the Jeep.
>Toyotacucks won't even defend this

The Baja California plant that produces the Tacoma is much worse than the Toledo plant that produces the Wrangler.

yes, there's a photo of a jeep with an outlandish, eye catching, if-you-miss-it-you're-blind vinyl wrap. jesus christ you're a fucking idiot.

But that's a load of shit though.

Don't tell us to stop, tell it to the Italian cucks that are designing the damn thing.

Well, the Comanche was based off the Cherokee, not the Wrangler.
Also naming a car "Comanche" in 2017 would be racist.

Those are trends that have been in place since the birth of the Jeep during WW2. It's not an FCA influenced phenomenon.

Are you trolling? You better be fucking trolling.

INDEPENDENT
SUSPENSION

nah see if they didn't wrap the new Jeep up in camo, nobody would notice it out there being tested coz it would look like any other Jeep, and then nobody would write articles about it, yeh ken?

OUT

>There's a reason why the best diesels are inline and not V-shape, though.

Why is that?

Gladiator a best

gladiators were most often slaves and criminals
o wait, non black slaves aren't real slaves, gladiator is ok then.

That's a cool paint style. Why are the windows painted too?
>Would buy

Are you 12 years old? You must be 12 years old.
Looks like four link going by the suspension link under the front.
That poster is an idiot. Some of the greatest diesels are V engines.

>Until you realize it's a fiat turbo diesel

VM is as much Fiat as Jeep is so I don't really get the problem.

>unibody
>somehow in your retarded low iq brain, this translates to what a jeep should be

fuck outta here mongoloid piece of shit

Saw the 4 door version of this in camo driving down i15 just north of St George, Utah.

Didn't get too good of a look at it though

it's for Mom Appeal

>Jeep
>luxury
>marketing speak
get out FCA shill

>Wrong. The old Cherokee was a unibody, and still lacked the modularity the Wrangler has. You do remember the Wrangler is still the only removable top SUV on the market? Right?
I'm talking more about general size and function. the current Wrangler 4 doorsare basically what the old cherokees and grand cherokees used to be. overglorified peoplecarriers with some light utility and offroad.

whereas the spirit of the wrangler has been completely lost past the TJ.

>Also naming a car "Comanche" in 2017 would be racist.
im pretty sure thats not the reason, or they'd stop using the name "cherokee".

I get the feeling your first reason is possibly closer to the truth. Along with just not wanting to revive a dead nameplate, and simply wanting to name it something new.

>new
well, not new, but you know what i mean.

Faggots, all of you.

*quietly appreciates in value*

>quietly gets cancelled

*demand suddenly surges, along with prices*

*pays MSRP for 3 year old FJ with 60,000 miles*

>Grand Cherokee is a serious off road vehicle

FJ's suck dick off road, and if you use one off road it tanks the value.