Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/874087186064228352
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder that SFV and T7 are identically bad. Both have horrendous input lag, terrible online experience, a lack of character variety, and sparse on features. They even share artificial load times. If you promote either of these games you're a fighting game community killing scrub equal to a Smash kiddie.

Friendly reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

>Leave MvC:I to me

>waiting for Sony press conference

When's ABA?

Reminder that ponyshit outside of /mlp/ is against the rules. Horsefuckers belong in their containment board.

Is it early 2018 yet?

Reposting

Will DBZ fighters be ded on PC like every other fighting game or will it stay alive due to being dragon ball?

I know it'll sell like hotcakces, but will it keep a stable playerbase, is the question. I don't own a PS4 so it's either PC or xbone. That being said, my locals/majors would probably be using a PS4 setup, right? Does anybody else have expierence with playing on one platform at home and another at tourneys? Does switching from one controller to another screw you up?

can't wait to play sniff18 !!!

smash isn't a fighting game and doesn't belong to this community though.

who tf is that

true, but it still is treated as sch.

I don't know let me check my crystal ball so I can predict the future

It depends on how casual it will be, in terms of mechanics.

But I want smash in the FGC as a platformer fighter

Where can I find tips for old fighting games?

Depends on how good the netcode is.

a touhou project character

Will they announce Abigail at E3

When's the Devilman reveal?

SRK wiki

casuals already hate the shitty ASW animation so the game will be dead in a month

I would have Smash as the "alternative" fighter.

nah, fuck Capcom.

Eisbahn is the next character not abigail

>EA/Microsoft confrence

Kolin is eisbahn

Eisbahn would be a really cringey name for a character

The Microsoft conference had quite bad news in terms of hardware related to Xbox One, but the game announcements were cool.

EA conference was just a giant snorefest in its entirety. I haven't watched the Bethesda conference.

Seems like wishful thinking imo. fighting games will always be niche since it's not very appealing to new players, you need to really get into it, i doubt that much people would. Not to mention netcode and shit. Just look at IJ2 and how much casual players still dropped them after a while. But Arcsys tutorial is really damn good i still have hope.

>Devolver Digital conference

>but the game announcements were cool.
Yeah they announced a lot of really cool PC games.

I don't know how accurate this is, but this should be a good indicator right? Also at tourneys you typically bring your own controller to avoid that.

There is no way ASW would mess up 18's face in fighters

show t7

Should be noted that the game is considered "dead" because most players left due to the rampant cheating. Despite that it still has more players than most fighting games on Steam.

>tfw ASW team killed goober gear

LMAO

>arms flopped
it was supposed to be the next big thing doods.. it's not fair..

>no kof14 news
Don't let it die!

>implying arms is a fighting game

At least shitpost about pokken instead of that shit and smash

It's just some lame party game on a system that relatively few people with an interest in competitive games owns. What did you expect?

It hasn't even come out yet.

>People seriously think DBZ is going to replace Mahvel

Fucking newfags

>arms flopped
?
So Arms isn't fighting game either?
Man, fighting game definitions are a bitch.

TGS

TGS is literally our show.

>Soul Calibur 6
>Virtua Fighter 6
>KOF 14 with Chizuru as a dlc character
>Dragon Ball Fighters

>courage the cowardly dog
god i fucking hated that show. it was so awful

I didnt think it was possible to have taste this shit

It's kind of funny that even though xrd has so many people praising it, it's always fucking dead. Why is this?

It was good. Why do you dislike it?

I mean you can call arms and smash fighting games, but the bottom line is that there's an apperciable distinction between what arms is, and what smash is, and most fighting games.

Pokken aside from the 2d/3d phase switch shit is pretty clearly in the last group with most other fighters

You say Courage was shit?

Mods, get that ass banned.

It started as shilling and then turned into an in-joke and lives on as a meme on reddit, because nobody there actually plays fighting games and wouldn't know the truth anyway

They're all casual "muh roster" and "muh content" fags who don't actually play fighting games who think dashing and mashing your blockstrings in people's faces is neutral.

True. Fighting games at its core needs elements in the genre to be grouped with other fighters and be classified as such.
Smash and Arms is just too unorthodox to the usual fighter.
Nevertheless I feel like they should be in despite having very vague elements of the fighting game genre.

they don't actually play games, it's basically a meme at this point that they all have like 50 hours in the game and they don't go to locals

>not liking Courage

Doesn't smash have all the core elements of a fighting game though? The biggest difference is how you get the kill.

twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/874087186064228352 capcom rip still going to play sfv because laura

>that one fucking idiot on /v/ and /vp/ in pokken threads who keeps saying the game is shit because it doesn't have a 50+ character roster and how if it did it'd sell more and be more successful even if it it was dumbed down and everybody played the same in the process

the worst part is he's probably right on that last point

Who is this petite young lady?

It was always dead

>Doesn't smash have all the core elements of a fighting game though?
No, it doesn't

Depends what you define a fighting game.
I like Smash but I understand why people may dislike it to the usual fighter.
You don't kill after your HP falls a certain amount and you can die despite taking only a few hits or not die despite getting hit hundreds of times.
At the end of the day, people play what they want to play.
Some actually play smash because it is just Nintendo characters while others enjoy the gameplay.

>Doesn't smash have all the core elements of a fighting game though?
Is it a COMPETITIVE GAME?
yes

Is it a FIGHTING GAME?
no

Yeah I see where you're coming from. In my mind I see them as having more in common than they don't, but I also get why people don't want to call it a fighting game. Like you said it will be played regardless of classification.

I mean it arguably does: Combos are still there, grabs still beat block, footsies are still an element, there are mixups, setups, you make reads, etc, but in terms of like, player thought process, I don't think it's the same at all.

For example, as a pokken player, i'm watching one of the people that will be in the pokken DX invatational be coached by a competitive pokken player on twitch, and it's just very clear that despite this person being a competitive smash player, almost none of his skills are translating over.

Give me one reason to respect my opponent's frame advantage.

Look at it this way. Dragon Quest is a JRPG. But since it was the first of its kind, when the original one came out, it wasn't called a JRPG yet. It was just called a RPG. But then a bunch of Dragon Quest clones came out, and all those games were very different than western RPGs. So people needed to differentiate them. Hence the WRPG/JRPG distinction. Smash is very clearly something distinct enough from fighting games to be its own thing, but since its the only succesful game of its kind, it doesn't have a genre yet, the same way Dragon Quest wasn't a JRPG until other JRPGs came out, or how Mario wasn't a Platformer until a bunch of Mario clones came out.

he's better than you

>Nemo retweeting DBF trailer
Guess he's on the train as well. Not surprising he did play marvel, and had his twitter picture set as Laws bounty poster for a while so he's a shonenfag for sure.

I looked around Japanese players' twitter, most most people talking about it are ArcSys and Marvel players, nothing from Street Fighter players.

Is there a comfortable way of doing 2+3 (Triangle+X) on a pad? It's used a lot for Leo but I always end up pressing other buttons by mistake when doing it

Set a macro to one of the shoulder buttons.

Then why didn't he block my DP dog?

to build meter

At first I felt bad for GG players because their community seemed small, but holy shit they talk so much shit out of jealousy.

Fuck you and your dead game, Goobers

That would be cheating. Besides, I don't even play on PC so there's no way I cou- oh you can remap button combinations on Tekken? Holy shit this is so useful, thanks

Why do type like that
If you realize something while writing your post, just erase what you wrote and write only the last part.

Hmm...

I see...

Also I meant to post the subtitles for that first image, I fucked up my own shitpost.

Play Curly's game

What the fuck

Try that on my Umihara

The team who made Blade Arcus is making a ridiculous new game with Umihara Kawase and Cave Story characters.

Comedic purposes while also highlighting how dumb I am

OH SHIT GOOBER ON SUICIDE WATCH

i want to be good but im shit

guess its good thing that most talked e3 game is fighting game and not random fps.

execution is everything

>everything I dislike is reddit

Love me some umihara

Are you one of those Tekken milfs aris always talks about? You sound like an older woman.

UMIHARA GA

Is Capcom just going to showcase more dlc

Who is that one on the left? She looks like the best character so far.

Fuck you user I was literally in the process of making that joke but in a much funnier way and you ruined it.

That's the main character from Code of Princess

>older
nah
>woman
yep

Are there older girls that play Tekken? Where can I find them?

you forgot to mention smash execution moves

Retirement homes