Are 2006 Mazda 3s good cars?

I've been looking at cars and stumbled across this one, looks well kept and everything.
What do you guys think about the particular model and how much should I pay for it?

>automatic
>buying a car from a person who can't spell tread at the worst and doesn't proofread at best.

Everything mazda is gay tho

its 5spd, idrc what gearbox it has, personally. listing says automatic but description and photos show a manual car.

come on man, not trying to start a brand war here. if you don't like a brand keep it to yourself. if you've had experience with that particular model and year then post your two cents. thats it.

shameless self bump

I had a 2005 Mazda 3 with the 2.3L and 5 speed manual. It was fairly reliable but not much better than your average civic in my opinion.

From what I have heard the cars are nice. Nice interior, decent sized trunk and great gas mileage. And asian cars run forever.

Looks pretty good, but 180k miles is a lot. Try and lower the price a little bit. Also check for rust

Confirmed closet faggot that cant freely admit to his lingering homosexual desires and projects those insecurities to a car company.

I had a 2006 Mazda 3, the engine blew at 210k miles. The oil was changed every 5k with synthetic since new so I was sorta disappointed. I ended up selling it for $700.

I like mine desu

And i do like mine. Cool car, just act fast when it starts getting rusty-crusty. Don't know about 4door but hatch got decent boot size. Also chain driven.

post your local craigslist.

Highly overpriced. It's a $2,000 car.

OP here, I agree. the NADA value of a rough to average Mazda3 of this mileage is anywhere from 1300 to 2000.

My friend has one of these, very plain and boring. Kinda like a park bench on wheels. And they most certainly are not fast.

This one is the 2.0L engine, not sure how much better the 2.3L is, but I heard it's the same engine just with a slightly higher displacement. People say the difference is barely noticeable between the two at stock but once you start putting aftermarket mods the 2.3L has more top end.

I'm looking to buy one too.

As far as I can tell, fairly good mpg, looks pretty nice.

They're 3000-4000 euro's here for a sub 160k. I'm considering this or a 2002 Honda Civic, but I def. like the looks more. Civic's a bit cheaper. I think mpg is slightly better on the Civic too.

How do these cars compare Veeky Forums, reliability, maintenance etc?

I'll definitely check for oil consumption problems. They're a bit more common with the 2.3L it seems.

Mazda 3 1.6 btw

I currently drive a similar shitbox - 2006 mazda 5 5-spd manual. Im pretty sure the cars are identical apart from the 5 being huge and heavy, but the 5 spd kind of helps it pull its weight. Idk about the 3 but 2006 was the first gen for the mazda5 so I'd suggest a newer year in the same gen

OP here. I had a 2002 Civic with the automatic transmission. I'd say avoid them if they're automatic. Not trying to be a gearbox head here, but the manual transmission is the better car. The car started slipping at 130k miles and it got to the point that by 140k miles first and second gear were basically not existent.

I have one its ok
>Looks decent enough
>Like 12km / L
>Only problem in 5 years was the starter motor
>Rust starting to show up

I've seen a few more on craigslist and they seem, as user said above, to develop rust around the mazda emblem on the trunk

Legitimately the best purchase you can make.
Go for it man, you won't regret it.

Why does this feel so dishonest?

Why not just get the Ford Focus it's based on anyway?

Trust me, I'm being legit

Over two years ago paid £3k for 2006 with leathers and sunroof, so it seems pricey what you saySame thing with 2.0, but basically in two years just brake pads, oil, fuel and screenwash.

Also my aircon was behaving dodgy - ac clutch plate gone.

Go for 2.0, buddy from work just jumped from 1.6Bk to 2.0No, extremely happy about it

There was facelift in 2006. Post fl got throttle-by-wire which make putting cruise control a piece of cake.

You are based on focus. 3 got quite similar suspension to 2be gen focus, but bodywise 3 looks much better, that was

I mean 2litre engine.

Yea seems quite pricey, but there aren't much around.

I'd rather get the 1.6 though, lighter and higher mpg (tax hell here)