/owg/ - Overwatch General

comfy edition

>Anniversary event page and item tracker
playoverwatch.com/en-us/events/anniversary/
js41637.github.io/Overwatch-Item-Tracker/#/events/ANNIVERSARY_2017
Event ends June 12th.

>New Assault Map: Horizon Lunar Colony
Dev Update: [YouTube] Developer Update | Horizon Lunar Colony | Overwatch
Map Preview: [YouTube] [COMING SOON] Horizon Lunar Colony | New Map Preview | Overwatch
>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R (embed)

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

Previous thread:

not a planet

Jamison Fawkes!

Here comes T.Racer!

Someone should fix the OP

should've made the thread then, faggot. you had your chance.

Yuro /owg/ is fucking boring.

Has anyone else just not enjoyed playing through this event?

this picture always makes me laugh, idk if its the same person who posts it in every thread but if it is, i love you.

Do you reckon Blizzard will ever do something about Mei and Symmetra?

They are just not fun to play against.

watching the forums trying to discuss pharah hurts my brain

But user muh top 500 pickrates don't you know that's all that matters in this game, fuck you if you think getting endlessly cc'd in an fps isn't fun

>subjected to nonstop retarded from free weekend/memorial day weekend/double exp weekend
>had to waste my gold to get the skins i want
>double exp didnt matter cause i just kept getting sentai genji over and over and over

Mei's iceblock can now be destroyed if enough firepower is put into it. She only heals for as long as she's in it and is S.O.L. if its broken.

Fuck, I played OW all day yesterday and will play today just for 1 skin. I already got 6 legendary skins in 2 days(3 non event, 1 event duplicate, 2 events new skins)

That place is nothing but bronzes and silvers with a few golds, all with massive chips on their shoulders lobbying for whatever counters their main to be nerfed. I hope the developers understand that and ignore them.

The fact that there's no special gamemode this event has really made it more boring than usual.

Is it possible to get 2,000 credits before the event ends?

>Its an completely useless shitter commenting on his single golden medal episode

Current checklist, not sure I need to buy anything with coins...? I'd have to look at the dance animations again, I guess

It's not an event though, it's just cosmetics

I agree. I'm tired of being completely randomed out by them when i'm playing incredibly skillful and high dexterity required characters like Genji and Tracer. They should be heavily nerfed so that only truly skillful players such as myself can shine.

Your problem with that is?

Sounds like you have other issues, man.

You have about 18 hours of double exp left, if you nolife it you might get what you want.

>heroes of the storm just lets you straight up buy a bundle of the new skins

superior game desu

Yes, just buy 50 boxes or more.

Just make it so her fat ass doesn't heal in it.

Literally only missing Zarya's skin. have around 1080 credits.

You have to let it go.

I want to have a beach party with Slip n Stream Tracer

>tfw moving to PC soon so having an inner battle cause I want it but its not gonna matter cause you can't transfer from console to PC

why did he not just fucking kill jack right there

I sadly I'll be missing Mei who I wanted cuz im gonna try to play her more and the beekeeper was probably the best mei skin. Also sym and pharah but I'm happy with everything else I got.

Just give me my lootbox REEEEEE

He was trying. Ana saved him.

post yfw SEXTUPLE KILL!

I got torb twice

Tho I did got reaper tracer and mercy

Is that-
IS THAT A PIG IN A BLANKET?

HAH.

I GET IT.

Less profitable that loot boxes scam

Ow might go F2P next year tbqh

I just bought a mic. Will I finally hit grand masters?

it is doing the loot box thing too, you just also have the ability to go "just give me the fucking thing I want instead of spending $50 on boxes and not getting it"

whether the hots boxes will be triple priced or if they'll do that "only 1 of these items is an actual event item sorry :^)" thing remains to be seen

seriously how the fuck are people okay with spending hundreds on loot boxes and you just get shitty duplicate sprays and non-event legendaries

lmao you don't even need to be in voice to reach GM

>seriously how the fuck are people okay with spending hundreds on loot boxes and you just get shitty duplicate sprays and non-event legendaries

you underestimate normies

>when you have to boost your alt account out of plat after really shitty placements with leavers in 4 games
nothing like being constantly insulted by russian Mei mains. also how the fuck does Bastion + Reaper still work against so many people. one game we had a Pharmercy and the Pharah switched to Genji "to deal with the Bastion" behind two barriers.

How good is Zarya these days? Can I still carry with her like during seasons 1-3? Havent played in a while.

>Bastion + Reaper

I'm pretty sure this isn't a thing, user

Zarya is not meta but in the real world still a very good pick because then your obligatory Hanzo isn't completely useless

I meant Reinhardt, too tired.

As a Mercy main, nothing is more frustrating when you call out what the problem is, and the rest of your team still dies to it.

>widow is really good
>call out that widow is carrying the enemy team
>coordinate winston to jump on her and kill her
>team dies anyway
>Where was the mercy rez?
Because that x1 rez would have salvaged that point...

Zarya is very much meta and great for dive comps and if you're good you can protect your idiot team mates. Since nobody really knows how to deal with zarya, its easy to be at full charge.

>3 of us ganging up on a D.va in a small room
>mech dies
>she manages to go right through us and survive to get her mech back

That was some hanna barbera shit I don't even know how it happened

>It's another episode of "I'm not a shitter, I just have to buy an alt because I don't want to lose the rank my friends carried me to"

they're going to have to do a major overhaul of a lot of the game's peripherals at one point or another. It honestly feels like the game is run by a skeleton crew until activision is sold on it being profitable

Greetings from hard ai
>did not wanted to burn myself this weekend with Ow
>played hard ai when I could
>enemy soldier doesn't need to ult to hit every bullet
>hog and Ana won't miss a fucking thing
>bastion will dps your team before they can complain
>zenyatta lives to his character and will force all his balls thru your iris while you are discorded
>mccree will not miss a fth, will roll to fth again and will kill tanks with it
>meanwhile my team
>"I have never won hard ai" as a level 30
>teams of 1-5-0 and 2-4-0 are common
>noone talks, only emotes
>noone knows where to stand
>the tanks are ignored and don't know how to tank
Overall I had a 80% wr and literally no wait time to get in a game.

Was fun, the same fun of playing against bots on cs1.6, they definitively were better and more organized that many players on qp

>As a Mercy main

I solo q'd to 3,8k. but with my first acc I was put into diamond straight away in s2.

>Zarya is very much meta
no

just reminds me that I'm a 26yo virgin
good thing sextuple kills are very rare

Does anyone else get a kind of weird pleasure when they get rekt really badly? It's kind of like I want to submit and just let them fuck me in the ass

/owg/ - 40% Mercy mains, 40% edgy Shimada Bros. mains and 20% snowflake Sombra/Orisa/Torb/Symmetra mains

but not for long....

Similar pick rate to Reinhart
Perfect for dive comp
If you had watched the tournament you would have seen Zarya was in just about every game.

Also,
>relying on overbuff for anything

you sound like a Mercy main

>be me
>play from friend's acc to see what silver/gold is like
>idiots are actually trying to play divecomp when they can barely understand their characters let alone being capable on coordinating a dive

An absolute shitshow. You can literally pick a junkrat and spam at a choke and the """"divers""" will kill themselves upon initiation.

Only happens to me when I'm playing Tracer and the whole enemy teams surrounds me and kills me brutally desu

>Similar pick rate to Reinhart
>>relying on overbuff for anything
so what is it now, idiot?

Not gay btw
No I only play mystery heroes I don't have a main

>le pro dickriding "meta"

Back to league please

Why don't you actually use some real world stats.

Fullscreen > windowed every time I start the game bug fix when

I feel like after a year I can be angry

Old cunt here.

Who should I main to gain the most SR to get out of gold?

>doesn't understand what "meta" means
it's okay to be stupid, but you gotta shut the fuck up

Don't bully Torb bros

Soldier: 76

>bastion
I feel like I should main him

He's just so fun when i reposition all the time

If you mean desperately trying to copy epic esports dive comps then it doesn't apply to 99% of players since they can't pull it off.

It's the same with any game that has an esports led meta, it basically doesn't apply to your pubs and slavishly copying it is a mistake.

Zenyatta.
Since when I made up my mind to be a Zenyatta main last season, I climbed from gold to diamond in like 3 days. I'm in high plat atm, but I've just come from 6 wins in a row with zen. I lost too many sr trying to be effective as Ana. I had like 15k/16k healing as Ana multiple times, but healing isn't really important in low ranks. Zen works well because it's easy to get picks.

I liked some of the skins. Was hoping for more maps. 3v3 isn't as fun as normal play

Why do people already with accounts spend money to buy another account? I don't see the reason for this.

I played against a Bastion main with over 70 hours on it yesterday, we had a Genji and D.va but they didn't couldn't handle him to save their lives because he was moving about. I then got put 5 games in a row with him on the same team, he was a fun guy.

To have 15 games on a lower rank they actually are

Ok? To what end?

how much longer on the event bros?

Thanks will definitely try him out again. I always had a thing for his Discord orb but had trouble getting kills on him. You just hang behind your entire team and spam orbs?

Are you the Mercy on the right?

I'm that Zenyatta on the other team

Pretty much, but learn to lead his projectiles. Also call it out in voice comm if you're getting focused by a flanker in the back. (although to be fair, I don't think gold flankers will give you too much trouble)

double EXP is over?

>contesting during overtime.jpg

I'M ON FIRE

who else /losingthewilltolivegrindingoutafinallegendary/ here?

No. Another 17 hours

It would be nice if people who made OPs actually included this shit rather than rushing to get their eric simply eric edition maymays in there

> You just hang behind your entire team and spam orbs?
That sounds a bit too like a generalization. The longer the orbs stay on the target, the more effective they are, then I don't recommend moving orbs too quickly. The most important thing when playing Zen is a good communication with your team, because if your teammates don't know the target your discords are placed at your job may not count that much. Discord orbs basically doom any enemy when they're pulled at good timing.

What DPS character a good character to focus on and pick all the time right now if I am not great at aiming? I am going to be able to queue for comp games soon and I want to get good at characters from different areas and Winston and Mercy will probably be my tank and healer of choice as a newfag, but since my friend only plays Winston and I dont feel like being stuck on Mercy 24/7 I want to try a DPSer out.

I grinded almost 100 boxes this event before finally caving and spending thousands of coins. Now I'm free from the game and won't touch it until moon map is released

>grinding
>for cosmetics

retard

Someone explain the "i'm on fire" feature, i've gotten it a lot but never know "how" or what its meant to do.

>hard AI Zenyatta

That's some nightmare fuel right there, I see them getting 4-5 man multi-kills on regular