/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #505

''Here we go again'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm Announce Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − (TBA)
Episode 3 − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM
ign.com/events/e3
store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/445869/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-deluxe-edition-pc-download
store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/445849/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-pc-download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Max can be punk too!

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Chloe is #1

I wonder if we'll see 16 year old versions of all the Blackwell students (except Max obviously) or just a select few like Nathan. I'm pretty sure they were all supposed to be attending alongside Rachel right?

b-but it's a one-year school

I removed some of the polls, hope you guys don't mind but you still can find them in the archives.

I'm still confused about Rachel appearing in one of Chloe's dreams. The way it is presented Chloe doesn't know her already. That's some spirit stuff again!
There were a lot of dreamcatcher folklore in LiS, Rachel's earrings also seemed to connect to that notion. Maybe Rachel had a spiritual power of some sort

So, overall, how would everyone rate the trailer? The LIS trailers have always been pretty awesome, especially the music choices. Does this one continue that trend?

I think so!

Mari pls, not again

*watched some youtuber reactions to the prequel trailer* *most of them talked about LiS 2 and didn't get it was a prequel* sigh...

>tfw we're gonna see Nathan
Man I don't like that faggot the only thing he did right when he came parking lot to beat the shit out Warren because that made more sense after you got ''sensitive usually means won't be having sex with you'' dialogue..

Anyway, whenever I see him nearby Rachel I'll be so mad and horrified.

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

The hype is real, good song choice, it was an enticing trailer for me

>The way it is presented Chloe doesn't know her already.
Is it? I'm not sure I'm getting that?

From the scene list posted early in the last thread, the club scene is the first in the game, and we've seen a number of screenshots of that which feature Chloe and Rachel together. So I don't think it makes sense to say that they don't know each other during the "dream" scenes, which occur after this one.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of role the dreams take though. I could totally see some subtle spirity stuff going on, but I could also see them merely taking on the role of some of those elements from Season 1.

>From the scene list posted early in the last thread, the club scene is the first in the game
really? can you send it again?

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Could Lisa appear in Max's bonus episode?

why does she look too swole to control here

>one year school
The fuck kind of school would be that anyway? Are there real life examples of this in US?

Why not make it a regular highschool?

At this scene (which is labeled as E1_S01_007) will be their first meet with Rachel.

All good, thanks for the continued OP efforts.

Maybe consider including this in the OP: youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

And reminder: "Be sure to tune into the IGN livestream on Monday 12th June at 12:00 noon Pacific for the world’s first gameplay reveal."

Great trailer. Has me both anxious and eager, and summons upon my inner Max.

And Max! And you!

I don't know if OP is correct but there's something weird in this sequence, look at Chloe's face completely bathed in light. Either Rachel is glowing or there's a fire behind her (the tree?). I wouldn't be surprised if Chloe saw Rachel as a glowing angel

I really dig Rachel's hair, I'm not gonna lie

hadn't she got kick'd out blackwell before she met Rachel? or was it after?

>E3_2A_PrinOffice_ChloeFile_SP01="Student information sheet: Chloe Elizabeth Price\n\nGPA: 1.7\n\nBRIEF SUMMARY: \nChloe Price is a problematic student at Blackwell despite the best efforts of the faculty and administration to guide her academically.\n\nChloe does little homework and is often willfully belligerent to her teachers. She has caused numerous class disruptions with inappropriate comments and rude gestures to fellow students. \nShe was recently suspended for spray-painting graffiti in the parking lot.\n\nEven though Chloe is an intelligent student with potential, she chooses to squander it on empty rebellion against a non-mandatory institution.\n\nUPDATE: \nChloe Price is no longer a student at Blackwell.\nSee Attached Police Reports"

>that body language of Rachel
You just KNOW she constantly uses rewind to be on that level of smugness.

pls be true.

I know right.
She looks like came from 80s though.Still hot

Let's have a better look with a better quality
Rachel really has Max's size

Maybe a dumb/too-early question, but do we have any word on any of the other voice actors associated with the game? Would be interesting to compare who is new, vs who might be returning? I suspect this information isn't yet available anywhere?

I wonder if we'll get another trailer before too long? Something which kinda lays out part of the plot?

doesn't Rachel have a kinda ponytail behind her mullet-like hairstyle?

>tfw we'll cry like a bitch at the Farewell:Episode
youtube.com/watch?v=PRQPc-PK1gM

>Chloe watches Max go
>no matter she tries to be tough and angry she breakdowns breaks into tears eventually
>''I love her so much''

Mari: Rachel's Secret Revealed: She stems from the Sims Universe.

Read the goddamn journal entries and you'll see romance path isn't so choice-based at all.

She goes for Chloe whateva you do. No matter last journal entry can be kinda change whether if you kissed her not in Episode 3, she still brings up love word and questions it.Not platonic at all.

Dark family secret. Makes sense: "Rachel you're just a figment of some gamer perv's imagination, hate to break it to you dear, but you were adopted"

Exactly. As these are our concerns.

Their body-language, and their lairy expressions, in their excitement, and danger. It's a part of their dynamic, and the smugness on their faces from getting away is fantastic. That they'd been in situations like that, before.

It doesn't need a rewind power. Gaining that smugness from secular manipulation is more interesting in regards to character development.

>Rachel didn't die, she just returned to her own Sims universe
Lore deepens.

What time is it in "Pacific", now? Pacific standard, or what?

>ign.com/events/e3
Pacific Daylight.

So in... about six and a half hours.

this thread will never have been so active

Should I add again the ''A special message from DONTNOD Entertainment'' into OP again? Or not?

So, we're meeting Rachel at the first scene? In the "punk club", as depicted in the screenshot.

The mill would be in the seventh scene, where the concert is. So, the guys with Frank, chasing Chloe with Rachel, is the scene labelled "7".

Also, contentiously familiar friend, what do you the think of the song?

>faux hawk
How appropriate. She can look like Chloe's dream punk girl, but abort at any moment by applying a comb.

t.newfag

I want to dance with Chloe, to it!

Heard pre-orders would be available ten hours from yesterday, but I'm awake and it looks like they've been running late. Which is fine, really.

prequel can't have any powers. how the fuck Chloe or someone she know gonna have power and never mentioned it to Max throughout duration of LiS?

>a prequel to Life is Strange
That's fucking retarded. Kill yourself.
>Chloe as the protagonist
... Fuck, now I'm torn. On the one hand, this is the most pointless shit ever, but on the other, my waifu. I fucking hate you, Square Enix.

Remember people !

Complete edition:
> Episodes 1, 2 & 3

Deluxe edition
> Episode 1, 2 & 3
> Bonus episode "Farewell" where you play as a younger Max

>waifu
>thinking it's pointless

Kill yourself, or fuck off back to /v/.

It fit Chloe, and Rachel, well.

It's fantastic as a melancholic, destructive escape, in excitement.

What did you think of it in that context?

Isn't it sort of implied in LiS that Rachel had a possible rewind power as well?

Perfect grades, good friends with literally everyone... etc. Also I remember a character in-game saying something like "...She alwas knew what to say." or something like that.

Not everyone would use that sort of power non-selfishly, or tell people about it instead of keeping it secret. Neither Chloe nor anyone else would have a clue about it if she kept it subtle and secret.

Question? If I order it here, does that mean I receive a Steam-Key in the mail?

store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/445869/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-deluxe-edition-pc-download

Didnt think Id be in this general again so soon. How did chloe get from worst girl, literally, "cry baby, get myself shot cause guns are cool" to best girl? what the shit happened?!

it shows the ''STEAM'' logo so yes

1 year school do exist, you finish high school in a specialized environment. We have a CEGEP system here in Quebec, that act like College before University.

>Chloe's his waifu

I'm skeptical buying an online key.
I want to buy it from instead the steam platform.

This is from their official site, Square's. It is as legit as it gets.

>having a waifu

>Chloe isn't his waifu

>having a father

FUCKING REVISIONIST WAIFU CUNTS. GO BACK TO /V/.

Will have to give it a more attentive ear once I'm home this evening, my dear!

I'm torn which version to get....
> 8 euros more for some DLC stuff and a Bonus chapter to play as Max again.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I can't believe i had no issue sleeping after yesterday. Wowser. Still no PC pre-order then?

I also want to buy inside steam, so I can use "iDeal", I sadly do not own a Credit Card.

are they gonna release all the episodes in 2017?

Okay, darling!

Are you not excited for the "Mixtape Cinematic Mode", in the Deluxe Edition? I just pre-ordered it for 20 Britbong Bucks.

>can not be a description and development of her personality.
"Development" implies some form of progress. By making it a prequel they've forced her character to regress. At best she winds up how she was at the start of season one, that's hardly a development.

>The idea that this is "not good" is just your opinion
If you disagree then make an argument against it. Otherwise there's no point in reminding that my opinion is my opinion.

>make for a story where exploring and experiencing her character in that context takes precedence.
See, you're literally describing a character focused story, not a character study. In a character study exploring the character doesn't take precedence in the story, it takes precedence over the story.

>We only hear and read of most the things that defined and concerned her in this period
Because season one was about Chloe resolving these concerns. There was no reason to linger on them longer than they already did. The entirety of the AU in season one pretty much only exists to show how much Chloe cared for William.

>Didn't say that.
You said you'd prefer a character study over over something with a focus on plot and action. As if there's nothing in between. I brought it up because it seems like your using the term character study very loosely.

>I personally would absolutely enjoy 9 hours of plotless musings on Chloe and Arcadia
You are aware that plot and story are different things right? Being plotless would mean there's no continuity to the series of events. Earlier you said the game needed a compelling framework. You'll have to pick one or the other.

>I'd also say this game perhaps shouldn't have been made at all, character focus or not.
We'll see a suppose. This really just looks like a cash grab to me. I do think it could work, but having a different team explore an already established world and characters as a prequel story is a precarious endeavor. But even if it fails, it'll probably be an interesting failure.

Fuck you, Chloe is second best girl. First of course being Max.

I have a weakness for try hards, bad girls, and blue color palettes. Plus, the parts where the Wonder Twins hang out were the best parts of the game, so...

wew

>buff Chloe
Oh me oh my. Please tell me there's more of that.

Complete edition:
> Episodes 1, 2 & 3

Deluxe edition
> Episode 1, 2 & 3
> Bonus episode "Farewell" where you play as a younger Max
> Other DLC content

what 2010 memes would appear?
Last thread mentioned something between Myspace and Facebook. I was in highschool back in 2010 and Myspace was still around and popular but Facebook was #1. So it's possible Rachel/Chloe has a myspace page. But then again, it doesn't matter so who gives a shit.

She's a 'bad girl' alright

>rage comics
oh no

I hope they put a Veeky Forums reference.

where is deluxe edition chooses?

I WANT TO BUY IT NOW REEEEEEE

>Deluxe Edition

Complete season.
Bonus episode wherein you play as a younger Max, as she leaves Chloe for Seattle.
A Mixtape Mode that allows one to play a choice song/songs from the soundtrack over a cinematic scene.
Chloe's outfits that would be interesting to see the reactions thereof.

>"Mixtape mode"
What does this mean? Something to do with the soundtrack?

So, now that the hype has subsided a bit, who else is just extremely depressed that the description of the bonus Max episode is "Play as Max one last time"?

Woot

Anyone know when I will be in the steam store?

>Classic Chloe outfit

Soon

She's a rebel who don't give a fuck about your rules, maaaaaan! Fuck the world! 420 blaze it!

Again, tryhards are kind of adorable to me. The whole rebel without a cause shtick is such an obvious affectation brought on by missing her boo.

>deckninegames.com is still down

KEK

It's deeper than that. You don't understand Chloe.

if any of you can't afford it, just wait for that richfag next week or something.

The real question is whether I should re-play Life is Strange before or after Before the Storm. Last time I played LiS must have been when episode 5 released.

Any word on the pricing? I'm kinda interested in the Deluxe Edition desu.

Who else won't be watching the game play stream today and will wait until the release day to actually experience it?

Odds are that's just an attention whore user.

Don't waste your time

store.eu.square-enix.com/eu/product/445849/life-is-strange-before-the-storm-pc-download