Itt: stupid shit you thought about cars when you were young

>I thought a wheel alignment was rotating the tires/rims so each wheel was rotated the same and the brand emblem was right way up on each wheel

I thought the Ford Mustang is a sportscar.

>HURR
>MUH DADDY DROBE A CHEBBY AN HIS DADDY DROBE A CHEBBY AND HIS DADDY DROBE A CHEBBY

>my wife's boyfriend drives a chevy

>making yourself become the meem

I used to think the gear selector on auto transmission shifters indicated how many wheels were putting down power.

I thought women couldn't drive trucks. Like in society it was frowned upon for women to drive trucks.

Well, OP that's the funniest shit I read in a while. Thanks for the laugh.

This is true. It is also wrong for men to drive cars like Miata.

That's not completely true. I was walking with this friend of mine and she saw the new ND-RF and told me "user, that car looks so good."

I always thought the highest number on the speedometer was the top speed of the car, I'd brag about how fast my mom's shitbox could go in primary school

I was guilty of this too

I don't think anybody wasn't guilty of this.

I thought cars had high beans and slow beans but I never knew what my parents meant. I was 4.

yeah I did that too

I thought the brake rotors were supposed to stay static and not rotate with the wheels, like on my 1:18 die casts, so I sought out die casts that had static rotors more than rotating ones.

I didn't know how a supercharger worked or even what it was, thought it was another word for turbo

I used to think any "old" classic car was a 57 chevy. Probably because it was easy to remember and say. 69 camaro? 57 chevy. Mach 1 Mustang? 57 chevy. 80's olds? 57 Chevy. 40's buick? 57 chevy. Superbird charger? damn man that's a 57 chevy.

I never did and honestly still don't understand how rotary engines can develop any kind of seal or compression during the combustion cycle.

I thought the piston in a boxer engine are moving against each other, not horizontally opposed. With two crankshaft on either side.

They do exist like that user, aerospace applications

The force of the dorito spinning pushes the seal towards the outside, making a seal, it's pushed back into the dorito when the wall shrinks close to the dorito.

Well, yeah... But I thought every Subaru EJs were like that.

he wants your cock bro

I thought changing from Economy to Sport adjusted valve and spark timing
It actually just kept the transmission in low gears a little bit longer

No, I understand the mechanics of it, I just, I have such a hard time believing that creates any half decent seal at all.

I always wanted a big loud fast muscle car. Now that I can properly afford one I just can't justify the cost to myself.

They don't. Enjoy your blue exhaust rotard.

I used to wonder how drivers could drive straight if they didn't know if the steering wheel and the front tires weren't alinged.

I also wondered why cars had suspensions when all the roads appeared flat and smooth.

We did the same with buddies, however we always reduced the vmax by 20 km/h of what is written.

I used to think that you've to clean the oil dipstick every once on a while, because I always seen other people stick it out, cleaning and reinserting in.

>didn't know what a bearing was until 14 years old
but i'm not retarded i swear

I once saw a miata with a lot of rear camber and thought
>oh
>well the rear wheels bow out like that because there's no rear axle in a FWD car like that to keep them in place.

>All autos work like single clutch autos
>each gear connects to the clutch separately and they rotate depending on which gear you choose