/mcg/ MineCraft General: Ded edition

Previous thread
We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/37Y2t
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2614428-the-mo-withers-mod-version-0-4-40-withers-so-far
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Considering we hit autosage, Ded edition is undeserved

I was autistic enough to count last thread favorite mods posts and here is the counting results:
Botania I
Aura Cascade I
Draconic Evolution I
Big Reactors I
AE2 III
AE1 I
Greg II
Chisel I
Chisel & Bits I
Flan´s mod I
Carpenter's Blocks I
Better With Mods I
Thaumcraft IV
Randome Thaumcraft addons III (same person)
Thaumcraft 2 I
IC2 II
Railcraft III
Animania I
Buildcraft II
Tinker´s Construct I
Atomic Science I
Logistic Pipes I
Project E I
Minefantasy III
Ars Magica I
Growthcraft I
Withcery I
Heat & Climate I
Immersive Engineering IV
WTF-Expedition I
RTG IV
Lycanite´s Mobs I
Hardcore Darkness I
The Camping Mod I
Bamboo Mod I
Recurrent Complex I
Terrafirmacraft I
Atmos mobs I
Techguns I
Advanced Rocketry I
Magneticraft I
ICBM I
Clay Soldiers I
Aether 2 I
Biomes o Plenty I
Small boats

As you can see, Thaumcraft and Immersive Engineering are by far more liked and as close competitors theres AE2, Railcraft and Minefantasy. The other mods that got more than one vote are IC2, Buildcraft and Greg which seems reasonable enough.

No matter how much of an autist you are, you will never be autistic enough to spend 2 years terraforming 3k(3) of land in survival with caves being as low 20y and mountains as big as 100y:
imgur.com/a/37Y2t (imgur link due to big album).
imgur.com/a/37Y2t

Man I wish my worlds lasted long enough to build shit like this.

ded

You got a world download for that?

Can anyone tell me the IP and modpack for the official /mcg/ modded server?

there is no official /mcg/ modded serb
there are 3 modded serbs run by /mcg/
>hoboserb, kitchen sink pack, whose modpack and info is on the old serblist for some reason
>trainserb2, an industry focused serb with lots of custom shit, which should be on the new serblist and should have a link to the discord where you can get the updated pack and stuff
>autismserb, a gregtech new horizons serb, whose info is located on a piratepad titled autismserb, the owner usually reposts it every thread, you can also check the archives for it

No official server, but we mostly hang out at nerd.nu

I don't care about the mechanical/industrial/tech shit in minecraft

am I a fag

yes, unless you like magic so you are a wizard fag then.

Guess I'm all right with that. Minecraft always seemed like more of a fantasy game to me. I prefer exploration and magic and shit to building autistic machines (not that there's anything wrong with the latter).

Then install Minefantasy, Witchery, Thaumcraft, Biomes o Plenty, Ye Gamol Chatel andCustom Npcs if you want to give some life to the world. As a side note, use Pixel Perfection for the resource pack since it gets comfier that way.

I'm using 1.10.2. Using the Casual Colonization modpack as a base (removing a lot from it), adding some other good shit. I mostly like stuff that adds crazy biomes and shit, and stuff that improves and expands villages. My friends and I like to wander the world and find stuff that makes you go "oh shit, this is cool". Enjoying Roguelike Dunegons and Recurrent Structures already, was using Biomes o Plenty, but I'm switching to Biomes Bundle.

Oh wow that seems gay even for fantasy/rpgshit fags' standards.

Then use Minecolonies, Quark and... Harvest Moon I guess? Theres no comfy 1.10 magic mods out there... Maybe Psi if you are desperate enough.

I saw some cool magic mods on the nip forum but I don't know if they're 1.10 compatible.

Is it possible for roguelike dungeons to erase end portals when they generate but eyes will still lead you to that location?

Might as well. The base game so shit and lacking in things to do or any reason to do them. The only machines you could possibly need to build is an auto brewer, auto smelter and maybe piston doors. Anyone check out Mumbo's channel? It's just the same shit over and over again except the machines are a bit smaller or work a bit better each time. I just want new machines to build.

>Nip forum
I forgot about the nips but I dont think they would update since they are not that dumb and other than Heat and Climate none other of the known nip mods have updated yet.

Also, a nice way to find good mods is to literally lurk Curse after the second or third page and you are really likely to find a hidden gem.

Why is worldpainter so slow? I'm trying to create a 15000 block circular world but I don't think that's the cause. My computer is decent and runs Minecraft fine. What gives?

reminder tekkit classic is the best way to play minecraft

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/2614428-the-mo-withers-mod-version-0-4-40-withers-so-far

>Samantha also can't be harmed by you (just to prevent any fatal mistakes). Although you can't hurt her, if you hit her with an open hand, you'll slap her. While this gets her to stop complimenting you (you jerk!), if you slap her too much, she'll get angry and tear you in half!
>She can also be fed a golden apple to put her into love mode. Once in love mode, she must be lead to a bed at night time with a roof overhead, at which the player can...well...I'll let you see it for yourself. Once the act is done, she will permanently follow said player around. If the player repeats this over and over, she might eventually lay down on the
ground, which means that she'll have an adorable baby wither girl in 8 Minecraft Days!

>(a Note to all women, gays, married men, or anyone who's under the age of 16: It's ill advised to try doing the golden apple thing, least it leads to an awkward moment...I take no responsibility in any actions that occur in real life due to this mod)

what

>to all women

>Feb 13, 2016
there is absolutely no way anything lewd could possibly come of that when the topic has survived for over a year without the mods going berserk

Thats where you are wrong user, the best way to play minecraft is to play the newest version as soon as forge comes out and everything else is shit. And dont say that "there are no mods" because I will make sure to update Embers & Roots as soon as possible and drop the earlier versions so I can get more cursebux! ;)

someone bls respond

Only thing of note is the mobgirl because the rest of the mod looks like MAWPC dirt2diamonds shit.

According to the mod is from 13 feb and adds these cultists in pic related which look extremely similar to the mansion illagers that mojang added a few months later, could it be...

Psi looked really gay, I skipped it. I have Minecolonies, I'll look at Harvest Moon.

I should clarify that I have not played Minecraft in many years. I am not up to speed on most things in modding yet, and I was never very deep into them, so I am still learning a lot. I am trying to be as informed as possible and investigating thoroughly.

Note that I have not started playing yet; I am curating and testing each of these to see if I like them, if they make the game too easy, etc.

For magic, I have Astral Sorcery, Blood Magic, Blood Arsenal (BM Addon), Animus (BM addon), Enchanting Plus, Reliquary, Vampirism, Mystical Agriculture, Soul Shards: The Old Ways, ProjectE (Equivalent Exchange), AbyssalCraft, Waystones, VoidCraft, Potion Core, Mana Wells Revived, Allomancy, Extra Alchemy, Druidry, and I am still looking at others.

I was considering Roots and Embers, but considering the things I have been reading about them and the author, I don't think I'll be using them.

Is Harvestcraft MAWPC? Is Forestry?

Is Botania gay shit? IIRC it has meme references and other bullshit in it?

Thanks for your time, I am trying to make some good shit.

>forestry
>no thaumcraft

1.10.2 my man

Botania is gay af, it's also fucking ugly to work with and bloated as fuck, skip it

Consider using Embers and Roots, they are bland and the author is a complete faggot, but they are not bad mods, if you are in meme versions might as well use them

Harvestcraft is an uninteresting mess, you should skip it unless you absolutely need a mod that adds a gorillion different foods (Spice of Life or smth)

Forestry is not MAWPC, unless embracing bee autism w/Gendustry

>playing on a version without thaumcraft
>calling yourself a magicfag
Pick one

Botania is great, fags here hate it because you have to actually think to make use of it

Most of those magic mods seem to be gimmicks but it seems that it has some nice things like Astral Sorcery, and so far looks ok, not installing Roots and Embers seems like a good choice and you are right in a way about Botania, the flower (gay) concept of energy is very dull and Botania would have been better if the blocks and utility tools were splitted into a different mod. And, even though its from Vazcuck, try Quark since it enhances vanilla in 200% and is a better mod than Botania.

Finally, I would suggest for you to add Animania, EarthWorks and Better With Mods if you are into sadomasochism. So far you seem to be learning quickly by lurking and not by asking the same obnoxious questions every fucking thread. You are a good user!
"You need to have a certain level of intelligence to vibe for Botania"

hahahaha
nigger (you) cannot be serious

botania is less complicated to do shit with than vanilla redstone

It helps you for some things, but doing late game generation with flowers like the Dandelifeon and Spectrolus isn't easy

>you have to actually think to make use of [Botania]

If redditors can do it then anyone can do it.

News from vanilla... a large update to all but PS4 and Java versions.
Expect Java to be deprecated soon.

good
can't wait for THE final definite mod version

I eat farts

Until the new launchers prevent you from logging in.

>what is play offline

Any reason NEI would just stop working after installing a bunch of mods? Nothing is showing up in the inventory on survival or creative.

there is a hotkey which turns it on and off, I think it was like P or something by default
Try pressing it

Yes I apologize, I would use it but I am required to do 1.10.2. It is what my group of friends want to use.

Yes so far I don't like Harvestcraft, it puts things like "Tropical Garden" which drops a ton of diverse food items. It seems low effort and nonsensical. I am not using Gendustry, I have read about how it is essentially a shortcut. I will try Roots and Embers, but do you know if Roots and Druidry cover the same ground? If they do the same thing and one is better, I would prefer to only have one.

Thank you on Botania assessment. How do you rate a mod as a gimmick - as in, what is the difference between that and a mod you would determine as useful?

I will look at Quark, and for those other three (Animania, EW, BWT), do you mean these are grindy? Or do they just take clear effort to really get use out of? I don't mind having to do a bit of farming in order to get some good shit, but things like "In total you need 10000 of X, 5000 of Y" are kind of boring to me.

Thank you, I really appreciate the advice. Many mod pages are really shit in their descriptions and are usually inaccurate in their own assessment. Some times it does not matter how much I read, because the reality of the mod does not reflect what they community says about it (ie cancerous curseforge comments, etc). However going one by one and diligently testing and investigating, I feel like I am making progress.

I tried every key, still nothing.

Until the game prevents you from playing offline, even if you have all the files, under the excuse it needs to check if the files aren't corrupt. Like the new launcher already does.

>checking files
>offline
you're a special kind of stupid aren't you

Are there any mods that would cause this or is it a key binding issue?

>How do you rate a mod as a gimmick
> as in, what is the difference between that and a mod you would determine as useful?
I seriously cant tell you because I didnt enjoy Botania that much and I played it months ago so I dont remember much but I remember some tools where fun to use (he stole some of those from other smaller modders which couldnt do anything but accept it since he is backed by the circlejerk and thats one of the few reasons why people hate Vazkii) and the building blocks were nice looking but I didnt enjoy using the flowers.
>Animania, EW, BWT), do you mean these are grindy?
I meant that Better With Mods is grindy, is ok if you like adding some more steps in processing and getting more gameplay but I found it too annoying, specially due to experiencing some bugs and such that ruined the immersion so I prefer Minefantasy instead.

Oh! as for the others, I didnt meant to put them in the same category as BWM as they are completely different (Animania adds good models farm animals with genders and sub species and EarthWorks adds some nice building blocks).
>I feel like I am making progress
Thats good user, but you need to remember that for the game to work you first need to have fun so focus on what you believe as fun to do in the game and work on those features.

Nobody here uses the default launcher though.

definitely. "magic" mods are boring as fuck. if you want "exploration" or something then go play a good game with those elements like terraria.

>So far you seem to be learning quickly by lurking and not by asking the same obnoxious questions every fucking thread. You are a good user!
Shut up you asskissing spoonfeeder.

I suppose I will investigate Botania a little more - I trust your assessment, but maybe there are some features I might like, maybe stuff replicated in other mods that would be more beneficial. As well I will look into Animania and EW, thank you very much!

>you need to remember that for the game to work you first need to have fun so focus on what you believe as fun to do in the game and work on those features.

What a very reasonable man. I wish more anons had your attitude.

If you dont apologise to my post your mother will die tonight in her sleep1!

>i is not understand what you saids, so you is stupid

I think you're just making yourself look foolish, user. There are ways to get around that.

I'm basically playing FTB Infinity Evolved. What's the best way to selectively pick up items from water? I'm trying to automate ME crystals production and hopefully set up both crystal growth and fluix crystal production all in one interface and one import bus.

Comfiest modpack in general?
Comfiest engineering-oriented modpack?
Comfiest farming-oriented modpack?
Comfiest magic-oriented modpack?

Vote on your phones now.

>Comfiest farming-oriented modpack?
>Comfiest magic-oriented modpack?
I dunno, but I made my own perfect comfy mix.

FTB Beyond
FTB Beyond
FTB Beyond
FTB Beyond

Don't ever actually go to the FTB subreddit and try to tell people why you think 1.7.10 is the best version. Your post gets hidden by down votes and you get bitched at for having a differing opinion than their hugbox.

Item transfer node with a filter and world interaction upgrade at the bottom of your water facing up.

Here's the mods I added before NEI stopped working. What do you guys think?

Pls no bully for botania.

The one you make yourself
Mine

Works like a charm, thanks!

Is Archimedes Ships good? I have been eyeing it.

Also doesn't the Chun mod cause massive lag? I heard it was just a big meme.

>Is Archimedes Ships good?
It lets you build custom ships, so it's pretty fun.
>Also doesn't the Chun mod cause massive lag?
If it does, I haven't experienced it yet.

I feel like this is only part of the modlist
>gadomancy/TDyes, but no thaumcraft

Also, is NEI visible (o key by default)? Or are items in the side pane just not there at all?
If it's the latter, I'd say give MC a bit more ram to use

>I think
Sure, and you totally showed this, right.

>you're just making yourself look foolish, user.
>you is of fool cuz i dunn understand!!1

But let's go back to the topic.

Yes, a "definite mod version" would be a dream coming true. Specially because Mojang only adds crap to the base game since 1.0 times (or maybe earlier), and yet modders keep this stupid "chasing the Sun" retarded approach because the underage reddit/MCF kids keep bugging them to update.

However, as soon as Microsoft drops support for the Java version (something they will eventually do), they might even prevent you from playing it at all, due to progressive changes to the launcher requiring you to be always connected and refusing to connect with the Java version.

This can be alleviated by alternate launchers like MultiMC... but then we're dealing with Microsoft, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they spammed developers of alt launchers with C&D under the excuse of "someone is using your code to develop pirate versions of the game" (recompiling MultiMC for a pirate client is trivial enough), and also because it would bring the modding scene completely to their hands.

I eat farts

>reddit doesn't cope with opinion differences, and people use the downvote button as some sort of "I disagree" button
News at 11.

The idea that someone wouldn't be able to crack the game is laughable.

Good luck keeping an interesting modding scene where all your players use a cracked version.

Yes, it is only part of this list. Basically I had a first batch of mods where NEI still worked, then I added all of those mods at once and it no longer worked when I loaded it.
>Also, is NEI visible (o key by default)? Or are items in the side pane just not there at all?
If it's the latter, I'd say give MC a bit more ram to use
Nothing's visible. No item panels, no search bar, no weather buttons in creative mode. I'm giving it 2688 MB of ram right now, how High should I go?

I have a few questions I can't seem to get answers for. Please help.

How do I unlock the Thaumaturge's Revolver in Thaumic Bases? I'm not kidding when I've done everything available in the original 5 tabs, Eldritch, and Thaumic Bases tabs. Is it a research fragment thing, or what?

How do I get catch clams in Apple, Milk, Tea? I'm autistic when it comes to their wiki layout.

Is Vita useful for anything in Ye Gamel Chattel? NEI isn't being helpful and their wiki doesn't have anything on it.

If your options are a cracked modding scene vs no modding scene with Minecraft Cuckold Version, I feel it's pretty likely a community will form around the former

The largest community will always be where the money is. If you're bothered by Minecraft's modding scene having few people, find some way for Microsoft to make money off it. Otherwise the way they're heading now is obviously the most lucrative for them.

>Thaumaturge's Revolver
If memory serves correct, it's linked to the Bone Bow

this is an irrational fear.

>If your options are a cracked modding scene vs no modding scene with Minecraft Cuckold Version, I feel it's pretty likely a community will form around the former
You're forgetting there's a third option: your modding community disappears, at most starting from the scratch on the multiple clones, games on the same genre and the crap modding API they'll release for the C++ version that has nowhere the capabilities of the current modding scene (MCP+Forge) and prevents people from modding further than it's "allowed".

"Consequences will never be the same." - Jessi's father.

>this is an irrational fear.
It is not irrational to imagine Microsoft would curb down a thriving modding scene if this allowed them to profit at least a bit with a subpar "official API" based on the Minecraft Marketplace.

In fact, coming from a business well known for E3, this is expected - because it would maximize their profits.

I think you're being too pessimistic.
MS would probably let the Java version be, since the actual money source that is vanilla players will just move to what MS wants. The group of people who actively play and develop mods is pretty small compared to that.

>I think you're being too pessimistic.
I am; in the worst hypothesis, I'm right.

>since the actual money source that is vanilla players will just move to what MS wants. The group of people who actively play and develop mods is pretty small compared to that.
They don't need to choose between vanilla's huge slice and modded's smaller slice. They can eat vanilla's slice and then trash the modded's slice for some chocolate.

>Already have it unlocked plus infusion
>Now all I have with my life is awaiting death

Is Infusion unlocked in the TBases tab?
Do you have revolver enabled in the config?

Anyone use AbyssalCraft before? It looks good, but some of the features sound eh.

Why isnt there something like golems as standalone or in another mod? I like TC and its golems but they dont fit industrial factories at all.

>it looks good
No it doesn't

Buildcraft robots?

BC robots are a pain to setup and make and might or might not work at times.

always set RAM to 4096 MB
also replace archimedes ships with davincis, it's a fork that's more developed and more stable.

why

Will do.
Also tell me about davincis.