EVE Online General /eog/

>What's EVE Online?
A space-based sci-fi MMORPG known for its steep learning curve, massive scale, and unique depth. It's also known as "Space Spreadsheet Simulator" and "NEET Space Gods".

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes. Eve is F2P, with some restrictions, and you can earn enough in-game money to get a subscription ("PLEX").

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link (chaining them with friends works best). If you have no friends you can easily create two accounts and refer yourself - you'll need an alt anyway:
secure.eveonline.com/recruit/

If you buy a subscription on the referred account, then the account used to create the referral link will receive in-game money. Therefore some people will ask you to click their referral links, with the promise of monetary returns. There is no guarantee that you will actually get your share, if you click other people's referral links.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and consider finding a corp. Corporations are a great way to connect with people and learn the game properly. The game is only as boring as you are.

For career suggestions, see this graphic:
eve-guides.fr/images/wtd.jpg

>Read the /eog/ pastebin:
pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9

>Game information
Eve University UniWiki: wiki.eveuniversity.org/Main_Page

>Maps and regions
evemaps.dotlan.net/
ellatha.com/eve/wormholelist.asp

>PvP information
zkillboard.com/
evewho.com/

>Fitting, structure, and skill planning tools
github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa
wiki.eveuniversity.org/Third-party_tools

>Updates
updates.eveonline.com/

>Markets
eve-central.com/
eve-marketdata.com/
evepraisal.com/

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6968205#post6968205
community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-june-2017-release
youtube.com/watch?v=hcS4n09SRfQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jvUqZctNP9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CCP caved to reddit and are cutting down the fighter nerfs

>light fighters down to 10% reduction
>heavy fighter change cancelled
>long range heavy fighters down to 20% reduction
>aggro change cancelled

forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6968205#post6968205

first for free minerals

Good, they don't even play their own fucking game

>Dror

>aggro change cancelled
This was one of things that should have stayed. One of main points against nerfs is that they shouldn't harm pvp to balance pve, and increased aggro was proper pve-only fix.

no they said fighters do too much damage in pvp as well mate, which is clearly true

>page 10
kys

as a newbie, can someone explain what the changes were that made reddit as mad as they were?

First for fuck test

>This was one of things that should have stayed.
They already jumped rat agro by 50% from the previous patch.

Because of the previous nerf also including to increase the sig radius of the fighters you pretty much have to be on your toes the entire site to make sure your fighters are always moving and not sitting still at all ever. Battleships aren't an issue, its cruisers and frigs that are able to hit your fighters. Either way I just always make sure they're moving and I never have an issue.

EVEN THEN, rats don't agro heavy drones from a VNI. So AFK-VNI's are still a thing meanwhile fighters get shit more

Basically

>Fozzie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP because its always true)

WHERE IS THE PLEX SALE AS AN APOLOGY

>We are working on changes to Anomalies that will reduce the effectiveness of Carriers and Supercarriers. These changes will be announced at a later date.
I wonder how they'll fuck up this time.

There are classes of capital ships called Carriers and Supercarriers that use a souped-up version of drones called fighters to kill shit. CCP first increased the chance for NPCs to target the fighters instead of the carrier itself, then they planned to reduce their damage by about 20%. Lots of nullsec carebears use carriers to clear anomalies to get bounties to make their money so they sperged out at the potential loss of income.

>shoe removed
Lewd as fuck

But CCP straight up said they wanted to nerf PvP as well.

Every retard that spouted "WOW YOU'RE NERFING PVE BY NERFING PVP AS WELL?" didn't read the post.

That wasn't the only retarded decision reddit blew up about though.

In the last update they removed the information from the API to check how much gametime you had left. They also removed the ability to tell if someone was alpha or omega status. Later they removed the ability to see other characters on an account which made recruiting WAY more fucking difficult.

They nerfed the rorqual again and nerfed mining anoms to spread rorquals out. They then quickly contradicted themselves about carrier ratting as well. Their sov decisions have been utterly shit and have only reinforced sovereignty empires and renting empires as a result.

>was getting caught part of your master plan?

holy shit user you're autistic

>vector redesign
>not celestis

>autistic
>eve online

yeah tell us something new

>dead as fuck

Please don't tell me eve is dead. I just trained into a proteus

>proteus

it's not dead, i'm just busy.

>Re-added Omega time remaining in the character sheet.
Well, its something.

community.eveonline.com/news/patch-notes/patch-notes-for-june-2017-release
So what's the Rogue Swarm Alert thing going to be like?

one of you can tongue-kiss me for 10 billion

Bellicose

fighter nerf when

Why didn't they announce the carrier changes during Eve vegas?

because that was ages ago

>ccp
>known for quick succession changes.

>still no afk drone nerf

>need to nerf carriers because they are fucking OP
>post player feedback thread 3 days before patch day
>playerbase threatens to unsub
>CCP reverts changes

no plan, no clue why they were OP, and no balls.
Lady-boys and Gentlemen, CCP Fozzie!

>threaten
I unsubbed 5 accounts.
I know of at least 50+ unsubs from corpmates

Not just because of the change, but the culmination in everything since Crius release.

CCP is losing touch with the player base.

Unsubbed everything but my main desu

>CCP reverts changes
They're still nerfing them, just not as hard as it was planned.

everyone but you was pretending

CCP should had released carriers in a shit state, then improve marginally from time to time from there. Now what we have is a wave of entitled cunts who think they deserve easy isk.

nope.

>made recruiting WAY more fucking difficult.
Recruiting is easy, just click 'invite to corp'. It's your paranoid delusions that make things more complicated than they need to be.
If I had my way, api checks wouldn't even be allowed during recruiting.

>game goes f2p to "save" it
>game immediately dies
pottery

Just came back, kinda forgot how invention was changed.
Successful inventions are always 2ME, 4TE right no matter what the original copy was, and mods are always 10 runs, and ships 1?

Decryptors.

Ain't building shit big enough to warrant decryptors

>pottery

I absolutely love that people use this meme

you're fuckin retarded

>CCP caved to the nullbabbies

>nullbabies

Oh the ironing

>they honestly unironically believe fighters are not overpowered

>spais are after my space money!
You wanna know why eve is dying? It's not ccp, they've been offering us the same game for the past decade. It's the players. Players who bought into their own bullshit about how 'real' eve is.

>Just made 50m hauling some shit 6 jumps

is reddit still having a big cry

Yes.

What's Rogue Swarm Alert?
Is it going to be like that Angel Cartel event that happened several months ago?

There's a pl guy who pvps on his Kronos, shit fit.

Go to tribute

yes goi, bring all your carriers to blap him xD

>>people who unironically mission in highsec
>>you can earn twice the money in a 600m rattle in c3s daytripping
A Rattle in a c3 makes 400m/h? Or is that 2 Rattlesnakes?

don't reply

Are mining drones' yield affect by the skills mining/astrogeology, or any kind of mining implant?

Seriously doubt that.

Realistic number is 300-350 for 2 snakes, since thats for c4 and c5.

In C3, you will kill the sites at the speed of light, so you will run out really fast, not even mentioning the amount of traffic you have to dodge in those.

Each site is 40-50 mil 10~12 min per site. You have to consider the 1b you spent on rattle as "spent" every time you enter the C3 though. It's dangerous.

Don't believe so, I think there's a rig for it though

The existence of the huge alliances are what breaks the game. People who are so fat and happy carrier ratting every sig in thier safe sov space, rorqual bot fleets crashing the mineral market. We need a big war to stir shit up a little bit. Knock em down a few notches. Make things interesting.

>We need a big war to stir shit up a little bit. Knock em down a few notches. Make things interesting.

Okay, so do it. What are you waiting for? Make it happen instead of bitching about it breaking the game and wanting other people to fix it for you.

>We need a big war to stir shit up a little bit. Knock em down a few notches. Make things interesting.

It always settles down to this equilibrium again though,.

>The existence of the huge alliances are what breaks the game
no. shitty game mechanics like braindead anti-everything blob ships are what break the game

It's so boring though. I'm tired of CCP changes being the biggest news. Are alliance leaders afraid of real risk?

Of course they are, idiot.

No one in eve wants to take the slightest amount of risk; in fact no one ever wants to take any risk period. Risk runs the possibility of failure, failure leads to loss, loss leads to reduced standing, reduced standing leads to being made fun of and ostracization.

The only ones in eve willing to take any sort of risk are brave newbies but those niggers have no ability to affect anything on an alliance level.

>"user GET ON COMMS"
>Guy with shitty mic
>Hot micing
>Literal child
>Mouthbreather
>Guy with southern accent

We're so afraid of risk that CCP has alliance tournaments so alliances can compete without actually playing eve. I hate this faggotry.

If I was leader of something like PH, PL, goons, my alliance would exist for about a week, but everyone would know my name and the history would never be forgotten.

They have numbers like none other. Its like having the biggest gun in the world, but never firing it. They're wasting everybody's time.

>>"user GET ON COMMS"
>"sorry m8 gonna go get food"
>log off
>play a different game entirely

I'd like to see a comparison study of war cycles with real world economics. My gut tells me the 2008 economic crash lead to a culture of risk aversion in the game.

Im willing to be you have a special type of autism to not know that it's a subjective issue, some players play how their mind tells them - not what their wallet allows

Fuck ratting, selling my rattle and replacement rattle for an orca and going back to high sec for 14 weeks. Only have to plex a squad of miners 3 times then I can funnel the monthly sp profits to my main up until the game dies.

What is there to do? Conquer more meaningless territories? Slap people because you can? Bash citadels?

Why did people want to increase their territories before? Was it because a system used to only handle a very small amount of ratters with belt ratting?

It's a game, dude. A sandbox with no real endgame where you can literally get engaged in pew pew shit without ever spending a single isk. Your isk wallet is obviously not a 'real' limiting factor in how you play. You're right, how you play is determined with real world factors and experiences. Experiences like an economic depression.

I was never in a nul alliance, but I think its like an open door club. People join in and move so the leadership can profit from the trading of items in the stations while gaining cannon fodder for their sov.

From those only a few actually pvp and even less are FC's. You cant just go there and command them. Most would just fuck off or even steal your shit if you give them free stuff.

If I recall there was a Group called the Gentleman's "something" that had Sov and then Fozzie sov happened and they gave it up because Fozzie sov is no fun to defend. Alliances can only sustain themselves being so large anyway. I don't mean they couldn't get large I mean it's a pain to run it all.

youtube.com/watch?v=hcS4n09SRfQ
Good Ol Tranquility

youtube.com/watch?v=jvUqZctNP9w
Serenity

Thing change alot for us.

Tell me how that works for you. Realize all the colors on these were the efforts of alot of people working together to hold the sov. How many of them did you remember/know. The man power and logistics to hold sov and protect it in this game is stupid. The cost are high and investment is a pain.

In the end so much of this game is a pain and yet we still play it.
We play a game which the Devs are trying to milk us dry and treat us like crap and talk about us like crap and we still keep playing.
I imagine because we like it more than we hate them.
Being leadership in this game is shit though.

>Let's fix/nerf EVERYTHING and never touch how much of a pain in the ass running this shit is. -CCP Fuckwit-

>plex at 1bil and a half

When will the game become a "de facto" desert?

Any good corp will have logi and dictors in the corp hanger for people to use

>If I was leader of something like PH, PL, goons, my alliance would exist for about a week, but everyone would know my name and the history would never be forgotten.

They dont risk because of monthly costs.

Srls, who the fuck actually pays for this shit game?

PLEX are going to drop from the Rogue Drone sites so they might go down a little.

I do. I will never buy skill injectors or Plex with either isk or irl shekels, and I will never use alt accounts.

>Be alpha clone.
>Flying a griffin.
>Able to lock down an entire supers worth of fighters with my 5 ECM jammers.

Truly engaging game play.

Lots of players in null sub at lest their main.
They will pay for many months at once this is way ccp takes the unsubbing seriously

Good luck surviving in your griffin without a prop mod with no tank of any kind.

oneiros

Carrier and supercap are fucking spaceships carrier, they are mean to have the weapon power to destroy everything under it size

Nice downtime

You're don't need a prop mod when all the fighters are jammed

Ccp was fucking retarded. Making fighters have like 5 sensor strength made it stupidly easy to jam fighters permanently

You're being obtuse or misunderstood my post nigger

>people think the data they posted showing 5% of the players made 50% of the bounties is fine

LET'S NERF 95% OF THE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF 5%
It's like we are in a south park episode