What is preventing American car manufacturers from building quality cars without cheap interiors and terrible...

What is preventing American car manufacturers from building quality cars without cheap interiors and terrible reliability?

Because their customers are retarded...

Union wages, pensions, as well as factory workers who simply don't have the same attitude toward quality as their German and Japanese counterparts.

Asians are just better

Bailouts.

Every manufacturer makes unreliable turds and million-milers, stop falling for memes. Interior design is a mixed bag across the board as well. Americans just don't caress their dash to get off so most dashes are plastic instead of plastic covered with faux leather.

t. Bubba

Because the worst plant for complaints/1000 in NAFTA sells 3 times the volume as the plant that has the best metrics.

What is preventing German car manufacturers from building quality cars without cheap interiors and terrible reliability?

This, I think it's american companies in general though. I know somebody that works for AM General, which recently finished assembling Benz SUVs for Mercedes. I think he said like 80% of vehicles had to be sent back and have something redone because they weren't up to standard. Of course AM General could just suck, they've since sold that plant after failing to find another contract and all those employees are soon to be/already are out of a job.

Not totally clear on what the problem is here...

That huge gap behind the door card I think

See, this is the issue with buying expensive stuff. If any little thing like this is out of whack, you get butthurt about it, and probably justifyably so. I'd rather buy low end stuff and upgrade as I feel necessary. If a mustang or a miat has some flaw, I don't really care because I didn't pay through the nose for it in the first place and I have plenty of budget to replace whatever it is I don't like. Maybe I'm just a cheap cunt, I don't know.

Are you blind that panel gap is atleast a mile wide

Because the cars will sell regardless.

then go get your car to the dealer and get it fixed under warranty?

>not demanding the dealer fix it before you buy it and then berate them for not having fixed it already during the bargaining process

>(((profits)))
>(((unions)))
also black workers

>German
>reliability

Why do you think those things hemorrhage value faster than most American cars?

Overengineering plus overpriced parts and labour

I've literally never seen an American company or person do well in an automotive arena. They can't drive cars, they can't build cars, they definitely can't operate a motorcycle with any degree of skill...

You get better reliability and more power with most American cars. If people want a nice interior they'll buy a German car with a tiny turbo engine.

You're getting $300k supercar performance for $100k... Don't complain about the fucking interior...

who gives a shit you are a cuck if you buy any modern vehicle, a bigger cuck if you care about the tactile sensations of your interior trim

Take Ford for example.

>Ford GT Lemans
>Ford Cosworth & Focus RS & Fiesta ST in General Rallying events
>American Trucks in general are insane regardless if they are silly
>Stock Car racing
>Ford powered cars at Indy 500

Sorry bench racer, but this is just from one american manufacturer. Go suck your GTR's tailpipe.

This isn't actually true, OP