/twg/ - Total War General

Treebensraum Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for Rome 2 and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary:
youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old Thread:

First for Liberty!!

I just saw the weirdest thing in the ubisoft e3 thing.I need some Total War. Post some roll stuff

Oh really? what did they do this time?

Mario

Raving Rabbits

XCOM

all in one game

Oh dear.
Is this the grand death of AAA gaming that Yahtzee foretold?

GIMME A HUG user!

Who is best voice actor in total war?

I vote for Karl Franz, close second is the Roman guy from Rome 1

Balthazar Gelt

This is a fact and it's not debatable

I'll give you MIDDENLAND COCK

Gelt

It looked kinda fun

Gelt

IT WAS ACTUALLY LESS THAN I THOUGHT. A FUCKING 1:22 TRAILER!

WE ARE THE GODS OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

WE ARE THE SOLDIERS THE LEGION OF LIGHT

WE ARE THE CENTRE THE DEPTH OF THE SUN

FIRE AND FLAME

WE ARE ONE

Go away 40kid.

This is FANTASY (and history) territory.

The new race pack is all but confirmed to be norsca.

>already exist in the game
>will benefit other races with invasions/new chaos units
>those hints dropped by grace on reddit

Name 1 (one) unit that appears to enjoy their job more than the guy on the mortis engine

Rock the boat!

Maybe Gobbos on the Arachnarok Spider

Louen/Napoléon/French Generals in M2

Can't we just lub alfabusa together
end times confirmed fantasy was just one planet in 40k anyway so *shurg shoulder*

why do I keep on getting 'TW failed to initailise are you running steam' Other games run just fine and then IU close them then i try warhammer but it doesn'
t work sme with atilla

The Shogun 2 battle announcer

That's bullshit and you know it.

all goblins look pretty happy most of the time.

More than the end times in general, I will never forgive the Kaldor Draigo cameo
It's disgusting

FUCKING DENUVO

that cawl really does cover the face
I see it refrenced all the time but what actually was it
Just like you have the meme of Bel'la'kor being killed by rocks was just his model

C U C K
U
C
K

>end times confirmed fantasy was just one planet in 40k anyway

This used to be the case back in the olden days of Warhammer Fantasy too, there were all kinds of hints to that fact.

It was only swept under the rug going into the 2000s

proof that CPY is actually CA

>WH will never be cracked
Feels good

being a horde is comfy as fuck
>turns are fast as fuck
>dont have to check several towns
>only check family tree and diplomacy from time to time
why did nobody tell me how easy this was

In the end times Khaine book which also included all of the nonsense about the elf factions, they mount a rescue mission into nurgle's realm of chaos to get Shallya, goddess of healing, out of his clutches (she takes a similar place to Isha in 40k)
Anyway, they run into a gigantic silver armored "knight" who shoots laser beams and considering the book was written by Matt Ward it's not too much of a stretch to puzzle out who it could be.

Filthy dumb horde scum!

I actually thought it was really cool Kaldor was there. A fucking Grey Knight Space Marine saves a bunch of ninny elves from chaos. Whats not to like?

Reminder that the word "horde" comes from mongolian "ordu" wich means army

>Can't we just lub alfabusa together
no
fuck off with your 1d4chan copy paste memes they weren't funny 5 years ago and they're not funny now

This is Total War, there are no shitty "end times".

We saxons with crossbowmen now!

Anyone use the TWW map editor here?
Trying to find the water options but I've only found basically everything else
Does it only show up on certain presets? (ie norsca wouldn't have water, nor the badlands) as I haven't checked that yet

are those spearmen wearing bonnets?

>you will never find time in your life to play hours upon hours of videogames again

THE END TIMES COME
ARE YOU A GOD
Because furryness is intrinsic to the German nature

You have to place a water plane under the terrain. I don't remember the name of the prop off the top of my head (it's not particularly memorable), so you might have to look it up.

Speaking of the Leafensreich, I've burnt down their precious tree, Kings Glade, Waterfall Palace, and the Eastern settlement. I've wiped out all their Outposts, and wiped out their armies.

They won't accept my peace offering, let alone vassalage. What does someone have to do to get ANY faction to make peace with me. They never want to even if I have four doomstacks right outside their final city.

>Gewis dies at the ripe age of 56
>Heir didn't inherit the kickass helmet
>Also his unit card looks somehow wrong
This campaign just got a whole lot worse.

>destroyed their entire forest
>why won't they make peace with me?

gee I fucking wonder

>mfw E3

Forgot pic

>four doomstacks right outside their final city
>making peace

lmao

That is one of my biggest beefs with Attila. I mean, not really, since it's cosmetics, but it's really fucking annoying going from a cool looking faction leader to yet another generic barbar piece of shit.

Going from the cool winged helmet and white mustache of the Pict faction leader to an off the rack unshaven loser hurt my soul.

Any mods that expand the separatists? I love those guys.

To be fair, it's pretty metal

>Bretonnia
>Faction of arthurian knights, outrageous french accents, and shitty peasants
>Everyone plays peasant blob plus floating taylor swift online

they need to bring back online ramping costs for overusing units in TWWH like they had for Medieval 2

Anyone else suspect that the preorder bonus for warhammer II is the Skaven for warhammer I early and possibly another lord?

This, why is it such a bad thing if both universes overlap?

This combat mod kinda feels like cheating

Also, no one likes him because he doesn't have the cool helmet.
All this money and i can't even bribe these assholes!
Civil war soon.

FB guys have this strange notion that their setting is somehow better. Basically petty, unfounded elitism.

You should have abandoned the mainland and made Britain 100% Anglo(-Saxon)

user from last thread had a point, Ogre maneaters are monsters.

I'm going to be dominated by a best elf!

> sassanyd campaign getting super interesting as a lot of traitorous generals rebelled and there was a civil war
>reinstall windows 7
>lose all savegames+
also post the civil war when it happens pls

Thats a terrible thing to say user.

>Abandoning rightful Saxon clay
The celts in the north are my tributary states. I also converted them all to christianity.

Reminder that this is a Fantasy General dancing

It confirmed the opposite actually, what have you been smoking?

Is Season of Revelation worth playing?

It looks interesting but I find the forest settlement maps really boring and it puts me off.

Which mod

you unlock a lord to use in MP and the last battle is kinda fun.

>literally nothing happened in the E3 show

feels bad

It's the better of the two mini campaigns and the quest battle at the end is pretty fun. But if forests aren't your thing you might not like it.

Rollin

Stop playing Fantasy!

Never mind. During the CA stream, somebody saw Konrad for the Von Carstein roster in custom battle.

Old Friend officially disappointment again.

Who is CA's marketing person?
He should be fucking fired to not reveal Skaven at E3 to generate peak hype

>Managed to bribe one of the 3 rebellious individuals
>The second one dies of old age
We may yet survive this. The only grumbler left is the kings brother who has no army of his own.

there are no skaven. Where did you get that from?

Isn't the total war presentation Thursday and this was just the pc gaming presentation?

>31k per turn

so this... is the power...... of celts.....

woa.....

wait what? when was this?

anyone play shogun 2 on steam right now>

Dev responded to middenland query on reddit

>On the New Content Team we are always looking for ways to expand and improve your experience with Total War:WARHAMMER and the next major update will be no different. It has been duly noted that many of you are very interested in more Empire content, in particular Middenland. I myself find their lore and army roster extremely interesting. The Ar-Ulric and Knights of the White Wolf, sure would look good on the field of battle. So as a small starting point for Call of the Beastmen we added Boris and the Middenland faction for custom battles and multiplayer. Then followed up with adding his Runefang and extra mount in Realm of the Wood Elves to give him a little more love and a make him a more viable lord choice. It was really great to see your reaction to him and your desire for more content. But as you can imagine creating any DLC takes a hefty amount of time and having the right people and resources available to work on the content. Till now we have mainly focused on bringing the core races such as the Beastmen, Wood Elves and Bretonnia to life and have enjoyed reading and listening to your comments on them. But what you will see in our next Race Pack is us expanding into some new and exciting areas not touched on by the core IP, but still with Games Workshops approval and in keeping with the core of the Warhammer universe. So as you will see with the next Race Pack if the right opportunity comes along, we may be able to look at creating more new and diverse content for other areas of the Warhammer world in the future. With Total War: WARHAMMER being a trilogy of titles building upon one another and with the support you guys have shown thus far, we aim to make this the best and most expansive depiction of Warhammer Fantasy Battles there has ever been. Enjoy E3 and stay posted for more exciting Total War: WARHAMMER 1&2 news.

Like twenty minutes ago at the end of the stream.

>But what you will see in our next Race Pack is us expanding into some new and exciting areas not touched on by the core IP, but still with Games Workshops approval and in keeping with the core of the Warhammer universe.

what did they mean by this?

Tldr version
>if you fuckers will pay for it we'll make it

>28 sept release date
Fuck

Well, this was fun.

>defending Kraka Drakk against Skaelings
>asinine umgi send everything against the center, dont try any of the other paths
>send flanks to cut them off at the end of the pass
>when they break completely they only have two ways to go, but of them cut off

Granted, that's essentially what you do in most TW battles but the terrain here made it more interesting. If anyone hasn't tried it yet, I highly recommend the GCCM Main mod. Sure, the maps are obviously designed for large multiplayer battles, meaning AI pathfinding is occasionally fucked, but they usually figure it out sooner or later. You lose a lot of the defensive advantage, since you rarely have gates or walls, but IMO its worth it. Not having to play the same three siege maps over and over is very refreshing.

Better than god damn december like some anons were theorizing.

Why the fuck does this look so fucking ugly?

which stream? the PC gamer one or did CA did their own stream today?

could just be the video? I still don't know why it looks bad.

FOG

Warhammer 1 has it too. Game looks infinitely better when you turn it off with a mod. The WE forests dont have any fog which is why they are so bright and attractive.

fog + a piss filter