I'm upside down on my car loan. Thinking about totaling it on purpose. Have gap insurance. 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T...

I'm upside down on my car loan. Thinking about totaling it on purpose. Have gap insurance. 2011 Sonata Limited 2.0T. 125k miles. How much damage would it take?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurance_fraud
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's called insurance fraud, dumbass

>2011
Did you take out an 96 month loan?

Drive slowly through a crowd of angry protesters. It's perfectly legal.

How the fuck did you manager to get underwater on a fucking sonata? Good luck with the fraud dumbass...

Shoulda bought a 3k civic like we told you

Wish I had

Drive lots of miles. Made a mistake.

Leave the keys in it when you park at MLK Drive and walk away.

>Leave the keys
Insurance will deny claim.

Just ram it into a tree.

just leave it somewhere and default on the loan.

>default on the loan
You might as well part it.

No

>Thinking about totaling it on purpose.
>Leave the keys in it when you park at MLK Drive and walk away.

Insurance is getting better and better at background investigations to deny claims. It's why policies require due diligence from the owner. Deliberately putting the car into jeopardy such as parking it with the keys often results in denial of claim. You then have to file a lawsuit to try and force compensation, but remember, the lawyer and court costs are usually on you. Unless you prove the insurance company was maliciously denying your claim, you often cannot force them to also pay your court costs if they had a legit reason to deny you.

The company will of course look at the car's gps and your cellphone travel records to verify if going to that spot is a legit thing. Some frauds are turned up simply on that location being out of character. So if you do park the car somewhere, make sure you have a concrete reason why you went there and another concrete reason why you left the car there since it's expected you'll drive the car away when you leave.

Keep paying. Learn from your mistakes. Or just kill yourself as long you're not sticking your family with the debt.

Just leave it in a nigger neighborhood, unlocked, keys in the car. Leave the door open too and it'll be gone within an hour or two. Much easier and safer than trying to total your car in a wreck.

tfw didn't read entire thread before posting

If you want some actual responses you should post some details. It's a Toyota so it should last forever. If you need gap insurance on a car that isnt 20k+ you should probably put more down

If you decide that insurance fraud is your best choice, you have a couple options

1.)Single vehicle accident. Easiest one to orchestrate (and one that I have seen work) is claiming you fell asleep at the wheel. Take your car out at 4 or 5am, and find a stretch road with a good solid tree next to it, and hit that bitch. Tell insurance company you were going to pick up a drunk friend who needed a ride

2.)Vandalism. This is much easier and safer in terms of fraud than getting the car stolen (and another tactic I have seen used successfully). Bust out all the windows and lights, rip up the seats and headliner, bust out the dash.

You can fuck it up in your garage provided you sweep up all the glass to dump out at the "accident" scene. Then just drive it to somewhere that doesn't have cameras. Again claim you had to leave the car overnight because you were carpooling somewhere with a friend.

Where's our stories?

>hyundai sonata
>toyota

Probably bought it used from the dealer.

this is totally bullshit, 1 will get him killed, 2 is 100% guaranteed to get him caught.

it's totally possible to hit a tree going fast enough to total a car and walk out with no injuries.

a 20-30mph crash will total almost any car and the worst you'll deal with is the airbag going off in your face

why would 2 get you caught? my friend basically had exactly that happen to his sn95 mustang in the parking lot of the best buy he worked at. He knew his psycho ex did it, but no cameras so not a damn thing ever happened to her, but insurance totalled his car in 2 days

Except that ditch and trying to get back at night.

Insurance fag here, we'll fuck you hard for that you slimy little nigger.

One of the first things we check on TL is how your financing was going.

Not only will we not pay you anything, but you'll be charged with fraud.

dude, you wreck, call 911, say you fell asleep at the wheel, wait for the police to come.

If you live anywhere that's remotely country or rural you have tree lined highways with no ditches everywhere.

I am not even going to explain, jesus christ.

Thats assuming you catch his fraud

Most people are under water on everything they pay for.

>I have no argument

Lol get a real job faggot.

hey it's me ur insurance agent

hope he doesn't need credit again in his life

Fire is for noobs. So is fake theft.

My mechanicbro did insurance fraud on the side. If you want to total a car, smashing either rear quarter hard enough to buckle body structure is the ticket. One one job I sat in the car, held the brakes and he drilled the ass (the cars, not mine) with his tow truck bumper. Then I drove the truck away and he hung out to report a hit and run. Major cutting and welding of unibody vehicles is long out of fashion because liability, and unlike the front clip the rear of a car has lots of unibody to smash.

He hit me at about 30 mph. No problem on my end. Would do again.

To total trucks, buckle the front frame crush zone and/or the cab floor. If you aim for the center of the front door you can bend the pillar and buckle the floor.

If you have no reliable bros to hit your vehicle one way would be to run off the road at a convincing spot and catch the undercarriage on suitable concrete. You were startled by a dog in the road and you reacted because you love doggo.

You can hit respectably hard while not risking yourself. BTW my bro had no problem getting insurance. He routinely hopped companies.

If we see that his car was totaled and he was way behind on his payments, we'd investigate. If we can prove motive we can deny it, he'd have a hard time winning against us in court.

I applied for biggest faggot in the universe but they said you already had the job.

>If we see that his car was totaled and he was way behind on his payments, we'd investigate.
what are you going to investigate? His police report will be the only thing available.

>his motive
assuming you could establish the motive, you'd just be making conjecture. You still can't prove implicitly that he was committing fraud

People who are behind on their payments and get into an a totaling accident aren't automatically committing fraud

Actually this could work, they can't blame you for the actions of others.

I'm not counseling you on how to commit fraud you little cunt.

You would have literally nothing to go on

Theres a police report, no whitnesses and just the drivers statement

The most you could EVER do is just drop him or raise his rates

What evidence would you have? You can't prove the motive.

Kill yourself, OP

Yes we can :^)

It's the same clause we use to deny claims for assholes who park their cars on train tracks and then say "oh but the train conductor smashed into it, wasn't my fault"

If you knowingly put your car in a position/situation where it's likely to incur damage, we're not paying you for anything.

The only people who successfully defraud insurance companies are organized criminals and terrorist organizations.None of you are smart or crazy enough to belong to either one.

>literally begging me to tell him how we investigate fraudulent claimants

You are a little baby. Our lawyers would legally ravage your boypussy.

>willingly telling you how I would commit fraud if I needed to

Tbh I would just ram someone texting because in my state they're automatically at fault.

>begging
No faggot you still haven't posted ANY WAY you'd come out on top

You have conjecture thats it

I hope you do deny it: it just adds to the ever building case for a class action lawsuit. Open wide (((insurance))) my lawyers have a lot of vowels in their name.

Maybe the fact that my company is worth billions of dollars and we ruin the lives of fraudsters every week?

Ramming someone puts you at fault, dildo.

>Maybe the fact that my company is worth billions of dollars and we ruin the lives of fraudsters every week?
prove it was fraud

For every sad Jewish lawyer that hitches themselves to a pathetic class-action suit, we have 10 high-priced mega-kikes to fucking destroy them.

Again, there's a reason insurance companies see profits in the hundreds of millions/billions annually.

>I have a lot of money and I catch dumb people
prove it was fraud

>still begging

Boy whitewashing that fence looks like powerful fun, do you think I could have a go at it?

To be honest I hope you do try it. Retards like you are the reason I have a job, I get to spend every day turning your lives inside out.

And if you refuse to cooperate, we Condition 6 your claim and you go home poorer and more distraught than when you started.

>make a claim
>prove it
>lmao I'm not going to prove anything
congrats your claims are false

You have a police report, thats all you have

Any lawyer is going to rip you a new asshole, your "insurance company" won't take this person to court because they have literally nothing. But please keep assuring yourself you have this damning evidence that would prove it as fraud and not some made up motive you can't even establish.

Don't buy a shitty car that you don't want. That way you don't have to commit insurance fraud, and raise general insurance rates for the rest of us. Have fun when geico puts all junkyard assemblies on your shit box.

We don't have to take anyone to court, we just deny the claim. You'd have to take us to court if you wanted restitution.

I don't think you understand very much about the adult world.

>ok I'm going to take this police report and "rip it apart" and we'll win because I said so

k

When the police report contradicts all your claims you'll wonder why you have nothing to go on

They may catch obvious fraudsters, but there's quite a community of successful ones.

If what you do cannot in any way be distinguished from an ordinary accident, that's all there is to it. Just be nice and polite and not nervous. Get a police report. Do everything correctly.

>puts all junkyard assemblies on your shit box.

Lol this. Not having an OEM endorsement is foolish, it's usually like $10/year more and you get NEW OEM parts, not shitty recycled trash some filthy Pajeet ripped from a scrapyard.

>just deny the claim
Well I already said that here so thanks for saying what I already said

Wheres this damning proof of fraud? Oh you seem to have shifted the goalposts from "fraud" to "we'll just drop you"

>If what you do cannot in any way be distinguished from an ordinary accident, that's all there is to it. Just be nice and polite and not nervous. Get a police report. Do everything correctly.

Faggots always unravel during a recorded statement. Their nervousness is intoxicating, it really gets me off watching them squirm and weave a web of lies.

Successful fraudsters who aren't working for al Qaeda or the Hells Angels are doing it through accident benefits fraud, not totaling a fucking Hyundai.

You don't understand the difference between denying a claim and "dropping" someone.

If we cancel him as a client it would be for myriad reasons we could articulate, including a now heightened risk of secondary claims. Statistically, people who never claim - never claim. People who claim once are far more likely to have second and third claims.

In many ways it's in our interest to keep retards like this on our books, because we just raise his rates sky-high. We make back every cent we spent investigating his claim.

If he doesn't like it he can leave, and then he'll have to disclose that he had a prior claim which was denied by a previous insurer. They'll call us and we'll tell them he was suspected of fraud. He'll be refused, or get ass-rapingly high rates at his new company.

As a mechanic I prefer the properly primed and painted parts from salvage and all the included fasteners (when I pull the parts anyway) for fixing my own vehicles. You can judge body parts instantly. Then I go to dealers for minor hardware (which is usually very reasonable and holds up better than generic or Dorman parts). Ebay often beats salvage yard prices because anyone can part their vehicle out that way. I fucking love Ebay. I don't have to pull the part or overpay a yard, and it shows up at my house with no effort. Last truck I built I installed a matching nose and bed. No paint job required. Always ask for your color when buying painted parts.

Federal guidelines read that you have to give a reason for denial. So you'd have to pick one of 5 general reasons why Insurance Companies deny them and they include

>insurance doesn't cover this kind of accident
>coverage has lapsed
>not the named party on the insurance
>exceeding the autopolicy limit
>you were at fault

The only part I can see you having is "you're at fault" which is easy to suggest but would be difficult to prove if the police report directly contradicts that claim. In this case the OP would he hoping for a faultless claim pretty much making this a sealed deal. You'd have to rely on the customer receiving a ticket for something relating to the accident to further deny that claim. If you're gonna play the "well I'll just deny him in bad faith" You'd commit fraud against his alleged fraud?

>You don't understand the difference between denying a claim and "dropping" someone.
its a hyperbole

Use your fucking head, you're going to deny him, raise his rates or drop him entirely, none of which have anything to do with fraud.

>he was suspected of fraud
that isn't proven let alone substantiated, so not only have you suggested to conspire to deny claims in bad faith with a police report that directly contradicts your denial reason you'd be opening up a huge fucking can of worms with the state or fed investigating your stupid ass which would be aimed at your insurance company who would then breathe down your neck like no tomorrow I can guarantee you

So with this in mind your company will basically have 2 options

>pay out his measly car insurance claim
>pay out lawyer fees

Arguably the lawyer fees will be far greater than his totalled hyundai would be by a long shot. I'm pretty confident the company would not put up with the trouble and just pay out before a lawsuit ever came around

Actually we have about 9,000 reasons we can deny a claim, dipshit. Check the conditions section of your policy, as well as the respective legislation in your state/province.

Most often we investigate faggots for fraud and they refuse to comply with some part of our investigation. Bam, denied for impeding our investigation. Conditions state you must comply with any and all requests considered reasonable in the investigation of a claim. It's great having open-ended wording like that, really puts faggots in a corner.

And for strict denials, let's also consider:

>not legally entitled to operate the vehicle (there are a ton of reasons, including being intoxicated)
>charged with any number of offences listed in the declarations or your local insurance legislation (usually careless/wreckless driving waive your right to indemnity)
>impede our investigation
>failure to abide by reporting conditions
>misrepresentation of the claim (this one is my favourite)

We denied a fraudulent theft claim solely because he told us he owned the stove that was "vandalized" and it was rented to him by his landlord. But he made a story about how he bought it, how much he paid, and how he got it into the apartment.

He was claiming for $90,000 in stolen goods, and we destroyed his whole claim with simple misrepresentation - it nullified every other part.

Trust me faggot, we're good at this.

Police reports don't contradict our decisions, they're considered subjective in civil matters. We're working on a balance of probabilities in all cases, so a cop's testimony is honestly no more valid in these suits than yours or mine.

You are getting legitimately upset over the fact that I won't tell you how to commit fraud. It's great. This is amazing.

We will incur $300,000 in lawyers fees to deny a $30,000 claim. If we don't, it sets a precedent that we're bitches ripe for the fucking.

>upside down
stop using that cringelordy term

>thinking about totaling it
good idea discussing it on website owned and operated by the FBI
>financed a sonata
Lel
>how much damage
15mph bag out collision

OP should duct tape his neck to the steering wheel so when the airbag goes off he just ends it all.

>Actually we have about 9,000 reasons we can deny a claim, dipshit.
oh a made up number I see

You're going to deny him based on conclusions that revolve around his policy or something that goes beyond his policy like Fraud. So which is it? These 9000 reasons as some made up number which is probably a greater number than the number of words in his policy. They're going to fall into one of those major categories which is why I said "general" because in general your "9000 reasons" are going to boil down to something about those terms thats in accordance with laws and mandates required of you.

>and they refuse to comply with some part of the investigation

Like what? You have a police report, the driver most certainly gave a statement on that police report and the police concluded on it right there. What you're suggesting is that the suspect didn't do everything legally required in a reasonable fashion like reporting the claim, or providing a police report or some other simple thing that a normal person would do.

>all requests

and what kind of request could you make honestly? His statement that he already gave on the police report? Repair quotes that would coincide with a total loss?

>considered reasonable
this is where you don't have an open ended clause because what is reasonable would probably be up to a judge in which your company isn't going to make up some ridiculous, extraneous thing the customer HAS to do to comply.

>>not legally entitled to operate the vehicle (there are a ton of reasons, including being intoxicated)
prove it, this would be on the police report if he was actually intoxicated, unfit to operate, etc
>>charged with any number of offences listed in the declarations or your local insurance legislation (usually careless/wreckless driving waive your right to indemnity)
This would assume he had a prior record which is a completely different story all together
>impede our investigation
assuming he did impede it

hydrolock it, thats the easiest way to total a car. find a puddle or flood and "accidentally" drive into it. GG.

OP, consider that your insurance will go up by quite a bit if you do that. You will get out of your shitty car/loan but you may pay more in premiums than your loss if you just sell it.

However, if you have good insurance, then you will have comprehensive insurance. Animal strikes fall under this category and they usually have no premium increases.

You realize you're genuinely screaming about a hypothetical suggestion made by someone who financed a Sonata, right?

I've told him it's a bad idea and that he'll get caught, and you've proceeded to spew verbal diarrhea all over this thead. What is your end game, exactly? I know infinitely more about this subject than you do, that much is obvious.

Your shitposting is quite tiresome. If insurance fraud was easy everyone would do it and everyone would be rich from doing it. There's a reason that isn't how things are.

I've already addressed all of your points in my previous threads, but you're hellbent on continuing this for some reason. I suggest re-reading my posts, or maybe finishing high school. Both are advisable.

part 2

>>impede our investigation
further more this could be extrapolated by something like stopping a insurance claim adjuster from seeing the wreck, not providing a police report of said claim, not operating in a timely manner that sort of thing.

>>failure to abide by reporting conditions
So basically not reporting it in a timely manner, like waiting 2 weeks before reporting an accident.
>>misrepresentation of the claim (this one is my favourite)
Yea pretty much this puts all the effort into the OP doing something stupid, like a stupid person was who couldn't dot all his i's and cross all his t's

>He was claiming for $90,000 in stolen goods, and we destroyed his whole claim with simple misrepresentation - it nullified every other part.
Ok great, the OP isn't claiming theft of ludicrous amounts

>we're good at this

But all these are contingent on erroneous things that stupid people would do. Its an assumption that the OP would do this and I'm sure hes totally capable but thats not inline with what we've been discussing.

>Police reports don't contradict our decisions, they're considered subjective in civil matters.
Police witness and testimony is regarded as a fact in criminal investigations such as Fraud.

>part 2

Holy shit he's still going.

Thats a ballsack in there

Why are you pretending it's so difficult to get money from the insurance company?

All I had to do was smash into a god damn deer and they covered me.
>Driving my new to me Mustang
>Rowing gears on a back country road in the early morning
>God I love this car
>Out of no where a deer jumps out of the ditch and stands on the side of the road
>Went full Randy Pobst, threshold braking
>Deer decided to jump out anyways
>Right before impact the bastard did a leap of faith
>Slammed into the passenger side fender and came rolling up and onto the roof
>Front bumper, fender, hood, windshield, roof, and the trunk were all damaged
>Airbags were the scariest part of the entire incident
>I probably hit this buck at 35-40mph if I was lucky and he managed to go completely over the car
>God damn deer got up and ran away after impact
>Called the police, called my insurance company
>The only concern was the time of day I was driving

Hardly saw a change in my insurance rate. I did however go 10 years without filing for a claim, which the guy on the phone said is important. Someone here mentioned the longer you go without filling for a claim means you're just that much closer to filing for a claim.

I was more upset about losing the Mustang optioned and painted exactly the way I wanted it than the small increase in my insurance policy.

I have almost no problem with used body parts. That is, when they're not on a brand new car, or an obviously expensive car. My main problem is that insurance companies go to for suspension parts, steering racks, engines and transmissions is the junk yard. They'd rather put a used "knee assy" on your car than a singular new OEM control arm.

>Police witness and testimony is regarded as a fact in criminal investigations such as Fraud.

see >Police reports don't contradict our decisions, they're considered subjective in civil matters. We're working on a balance of probabilities in all cases, so a cop's testimony is honestly no more valid in these suits than yours or mine.

>civil

>as in, not criminal

>as in, we don't give a shit what the police do with you if they think you committed fraud, we can deny your claim merely for you being charged with it, not necessarily convicted

>as in, your only way to seek remedy from a denied claim is through civil court

>where a cop's testimony is no more heavily weighted than yours or mine

Work on that reading comprehension.

>genuinely screaming
You read words on screen and just say "wow hes screaming" based on what exactly?

>hypothetical suggestion
you made a claim that the suggestion in the thread was going to be found out a fraud based on nothing more than your original conjecture based on his motive and a police report that doesn't even agree. You posted that You'd just call it fraud and bullshit because you tried to assume that because he had a car payment that was greater than the car value, its automatically fraud.

>and he'll get caught

sure if hes stupid and can't keep his fucking shit straight, its the same way with any crime and investigation. The retards get weeded out because they couldn't keep face.

>spew verbal diarhea
I've posted about as much as you have so spare me this nonsense.

>I know more
you made nothing but assumptions and presumptions about a hypothetical situation. You know jack shit because half your responses went from pretty stupid and short to these wicked overblown assumptions when you googled "insurance fraud"

>your shitposting
lmao

>we catch people all the time
the good spies don't get caught.

>i've addressed all your points
with assumptions

2000 characters isn't a lot

You're accusing and even pursuing charges of Fraud which is criminal, this isn't even a civil discussion when you've already said you'd pin this guy for fraud

It's difficult to successfully defraud an insurance company. It's not hard to receive indemnity for a legitimate claim, we do that every hour of every day.

Pretty hard for you to convince a deer to kill itself as part of your insurance fraud scheme. We know this, because we've interviewed deer. They're very lawful creatures.

>>as in, we don't give a shit what the police do with you if they think you committed fraud, we can deny your claim merely for you being charged with it, not necessarily convicted
But the police didn't suspect of fraud, you did, as in you care that the OP is committing fraud but the police report doesn't agree. If it did then all of this would be open and closed.

What part of this don't you understand? We don't pursue any charges you asswipe, we're not the police.

Jesus Christ how thick are you? Do you have any idea how the legal system works?

This level of stupidity is exactly why we catch so many fraudsters. You honestly think you're smarter than a multi-billion dollar company whose sole purpose is to make more money.

And again, the police report, in a civil case, is merely one person's opinion. We can have a different opinion, and we can substantiate it with information the cop didn't have at the time of their accident report. They don't run credit checks, insurance history, interview friends and family, review vehicle ownership, etc.

Honestly your ignorance of the process is astounding.

>What part of this don't you understand? We don't pursue any charges you asswipe, we're not the police.
But you accused him of something criminal, which was fraud. You literally said you were going to investigate insurance fraud. Its literally a felony. No where is fraud a civil matter its always been a criminal one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurance_fraud

No where in this can I find anything about "fraud can sometimes be a civil claim"

You accused someone of Fraud, thats criminal. No where is this civil, the police report is a testimony of fact in a criminal case which you already said you'd pursue because you accused him of Fraud

No, we would deny the claim based on misrepresentation. Defrauding an insurance company doesn't necessarily result in charges of fraud, but we don't need those to deny your claim.

We don't pursue criminal charges, we are not the police. Police lay charges and the state/province/federal courts have lawyers who instigate the proceedings.

If they did opt for this, we could be called as witnesses. But charges are laid based on violations of state/federal law. Claims are denied *sometimes* because of a violation of a state/federal law, but more often they're denied based on a violation of the policy. The policy is not a law, it's a contract. It's subject to several bodies of law, primarily civil law. Where OP would have to seek remedy after we denied his claim. Meaning he'd have to SUE us, and we'd defend.

You don't understand this, clearly.

Civil court would only be involved if OP contested our denial. He has a legal right to do so, but it's through CIVIL COURT. Every state/province has their own way(s) for going about this, sometimes requiring a notarized Proof of Loss, Statement of Claim, formal representation, etc.

All we would do is document our reasons for our denial, then send OP a letter citing the section of the policy he violated. At that point we don't give a shit what he does, but if he tries to sue us obviously we'll defend.

Step 1: Find/Make patch of black ice
Step 2: Wear neckbrace, mouthguard, helmet, and seatbelt
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit.

Are you a teenager? How are you so dumb? Who let you use a computer?

You can commit fraud against another party with which you are engaged in a contractual agreement. Those cases are civil almost always.

Are you an adult? Be honest. How do you know so little about how the legal system works?

>Sue multi-billion dollar company
Why? All he'd need is your name and from that he gets your address. Then he just has to pay you a visit and convince you. The Angels get away with fraud because little pansies with associate degrees are just barely smart enough that the Angel's way of doing things is more cost effective.

>Thinking about totaling it on purpose.
OP, don't give out more info about your car or where it is located. Your picture identifies the city where that hyundai is located. So if any insurance person reads this thread and gets a claim of 2011 Hyundai Sonata Limited 2.0T with +120K and the car was underwater AND had gap insurance AND was located in the city of that picture, then that is sufficient grounds to deny a claim I bet.

But if the OP picture was some random one copypasta'ed from somewhere, then okay.

Wait a sec... Someone is smuggling almonds!

lmfao now we're taking the tough guy approach eh little babby?

OP will just offer to suck all of their dicks

>ever getting a car loan and putting yourself in debt
Sucks for you user, should have bought a used car from CL and paid cash.