Anyone here used the carista app?

Anyone here used the carista app?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506634436&sr=8-3&keywords=blue driver
amazon.com/PLX-Devices-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Android/dp/B016X3L0O2/ref=pd_sim_263_10?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016X3L0O2&pd_rd_r=5GG7X90JGJV105DHB1NG&pd_rd_w=oLEJq&pd_rd_wg=eHGFA&psc=1&refRID=5GG7X90JGJV105DHB1NG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope, but I have used Torque and it's pretty good.

what does it do?

Are you implying something here dear fellow?

No, but I do have a BlueDriver. It's a lot better and way more reliable than those chink ELM327 readers that fail all of the time

He wants (you)s and you're giving him them

Lets you change settings on your car. I want to use it on my seat to enable a large miles per hour digital display. Some gay eu law says it has to be in km/h

>subscription
fuck off

I wanted to buy that, but apparently they don't provide advanced diagnostics on Hondas.

Damn thing can read the transmission control unit in my dad's S class, I don't see why it wouldn't do advanced diagnostics on a Honda

I know they have advanced features locked behind a paywall in the past, but those are all now included in the base price

I'm just going by their Amazon description which says they support advanced readings on Toyota, Nissan, and some Euro and US makes, but not Honda:
amazon.com/BlueDriver-Bluetooth-Professional-iPhone-Android/dp/B00652G4TS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1506634436&sr=8-3&keywords=blue driver

Yeah is there some way to use it without paying?

Would be silly for a Canadian company to not support Honda's when the best selling car for the last 20 years is the Civic

I'll try mine out on my mom's Accord whenever I get home and post results if the thread is still up

bumping

I use carly, it's probably very similar

A-user, are you coming back?

Fug I fell asleep

You're right, it doesn't do more than basic engine code checks on Hondas

My mom's car has a maintenance minder light on for an oil change and I know for a fact that it's a bit low on oil. Other cars like Corollas, Subarus, and even a BMW X1 have all reported low oil on this screen without a check engine light

On my dad's S Class it shows that the AdBlue heater has failed and at one point showed that the transmission has a problem and that the most common solution was a free software update at Mercedes

I've just bought one. Are there any free apps it works with?

No

I really want to find one that will do advanced code checks on Hondas, but I might wind up trying this one since it's supposed to be good/fast and doesn't require a proprietary smartphone app:
amazon.com/PLX-Devices-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Android/dp/B016X3L0O2/ref=pd_sim_263_10?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016X3L0O2&pd_rd_r=5GG7X90JGJV105DHB1NG&pd_rd_w=oLEJq&pd_rd_wg=eHGFA&psc=1&refRID=5GG7X90JGJV105DHB1NG

>paying a subscription to use an OBD-II scanner

Shygddt

That just looks like an over priced ELM. You might have to look into purpose built scan tools, assuming your Honda even supports advanced diagnostics

Honda has really specific codes that no generic reader can read or reset. Honda's scanner costs almost $9k

That sucks since my check engine light has been on for three years, and the only way I can turn it off temporarily is by disconnecting the battery.

Just go to Autozone and ask them to scan if for free. If they can scan and clear it then it's just a generic code

Every time I take it to Autozone, they just say it's a cylinder misfire code (car needs a tune up). They've never cleared it for me, though.

It's more for ease of changing settings. But the subscription model does suck. You can use any generic scanner with the app.

At that point you can just get a $5 chink reader since all you'll be doing is reading and clearing basic codes

My $15 ELM327 reads Honda codes just fine? I get the code number and just google it. Not hard. Never tried clearing it since I was looking at codes that clear themselves when fixed.

Those are generic codes

This thing looks like a fucking botnet for your car

You can customise things like lights and settings as well. Basically enable options that only dealers can normally do.