Give me TWO good reasons not to go out and buy a JK right now

Give me TWO good reasons not to go out and buy a JK right now.

Hardmode: don't use >FCA as either reason.

Because the 2018 JL drastically improves the on road aspects of the wrangler.

1. I'm not a faggot

2. I don't suck dick

because CJs are better

1. Because the JL is coming out soon and you should at least see what it brings to the table before buying the JK.
2. If you prefer a "regular car" that gets good gas mileage, good road manners, and is quiet and smooth, you may not like the Wrangler, because the Wrangler has none of these characteristics.

However, the fact that the Wrangler is so different in these ways is what makes it desirable. It's one of the few vehicles available today that is reminiscent of earlier trucks and SUVs. I own a 2014 Rubicon and I absolutely love it. They're definitely worth consideration.

/thread

You can lie to us user, but don't lie to yourself.

1. you don't have any money
2. they'll call the cops if you go in the dealership dressed like that

Horribly unreliable and lemons.

They are absolute shit on highways.

I'm sure there are plenty of articles on net. But, how so? Most I see local seem to have no issues 60+. Have a yj but looking to pick up a tj or jk

>don't use FCA as either reason

um

>FCA
>fuckhuge chickmobile designed to not roll when stupid college chicks drive it that also won't fit on a trail

Minivan V6

That's the only reason I can think of

JL is coming out, and you can usually get great deals on older models as they try to clear inventory.

And for almost half than you spend on that, you could go out and buy an old AMC CJ5 fully restored and actually have a cool jeep like pic related. And the aftermarket is HUGE to modify it how ever you want. Full doors? Hard top? All available.

It's still a really nice engine though.

If I was OP I'd wait to see pricing on the V6 diesel in the upcoming JL. If it's stupid expensive I'd try and get a good deal on leftover JK inventory.

because every jeep from the 21st century is garbage

Is that Xterra supposed to be a capable replacement?

nobody buys the 2 doors --

>Hardmode: don't use >FCA as either reason.
>FCA
>FCA
>FCA
>FCA
>FCA

The TJ is better. It's actually an off-road-intended vehicle, instead of a minivan with a body that sorta resembles an off-road vehicle.

Fuck off doug.

Because they don't have the AMC 4.0 in them.

TJ and YJ are better

Cause you won't offroad as often as you like, and when you do, you'll realize you could get through your trails with literally anything that's not a slammed car. I take my mountaineer/ explorer thing all over So Cal trails and laugh at tricked out Jeeps that don't even venture off the path.

Suzuki Jimny's are better

>tricked out Jeeps that don't even venture off the path
That's must be a Califonia thing and I could litrally drive a Toyota Camry up the road you pictured. I don't think you've ever seen some truly ugly trails.

Can confirm.

Xterra, FJ are both better. may they rest in peace

Well there ARE some gnarly trails, but they're all connected with smooth fire roads. But unless it's recently rained or snowed, you could get by with 2WD and street tires and cover hundreds of miles just fine. The Baja 1000 is done with 2wd, smooth tire machines.

Right tool for the right job, that's all. A Jeep is out of place in So Cal, unless you seek those EXTREEEEME trails that just get you in trouble. A Long truck with progression rate springs is far more enjoyable. Locker and low gears for getting slidey is a major plus. Don't need 4x4.

1. Land
2. Cruiser

>FJ
maybe

>xterra
lmao no

Imagine having a Jeep in a dry lake bed. Get in 4th gear and flip over. Whereas a pickup would be so. much. goddamn fun

Prerunning trails > Crawling over rocks

>he doubts the xterra

you must be nissan is for scumbags poster

I like nissan just not that mall crawling girl car

1. It's a woman's car now
2. Common burger truck faults: terrible fuel economy, cabin noise at any speed, plastic everything, expensive mods, etc.

Get a TJ FAGGOT !
I've had no trouble with mine in 10 years. Better value for money

Pretty easy to gauge what the diesel Wrangler will be worth be looking at the premium between the base Pentastar and Ecodiesel V6 in the WK2 Grand Cherokee.
Also agreed on the Pentastar being a good engine. World's better than the stagnated 4.0 and the POS 3.7 it replaced.

You're a fucking idiot.

>Pretty easy to gauge what the diesel Wrangler will be worth be looking at the premium between the base Pentastar and Ecodiesel V6 in the WK2 Grand Cherokee.

What is the premium between the two?

Hi Veeky Forums, how do jeep wranglers handle?

Everyday, Veeky Forums posts stuff like this, and theyre 100% serious. The JK is the most durable, most capable Jeep ever in existence. Superior in every single way. In the rough, and not.

Short wheelbase, they are agile as fuck,
to a degree. Solid axles stay planted. They are horrific at highway speeds.

Its FCA and wont last
I have a 2003 xterra that ive had for a year with no problems

>The JK is the most durable, most capable Jeep ever in existence
It's definitely not the most durable. But it is the most capable out of the factory.
How ever a TJ will decimate all, after you put about fifteen grand in it, or more If you have to, overnight parts from America.

Definitely not good out of the box, and it gets worse once lifted, equipped with bigger tires, etc. However this is what makes a Wrangler a Wrangler.

new

old

Ok, user.

Jeep Wrangler TJ and CJ series.

*sets mic down because I don't arbitrarily break shit and know mics are expensive*

Thank you for being gentle with the mic user.

No go in snow

Over like 15mph

It's still an Xterra. Worthless.

They just need to offer the Hemi in the Wrangler. Especially the 4-door models

Agree to disagree on the pentastar being better than the 4.0

Ball Joints
Pinion Seals
Axle Seals
Diff mounts
Motor mounts

They are all fucking terrible on the wrangler, i work at a dealer and all the techs write that shit up on at least 40% of the wranglers that come in.

wew

Is that some Middle Fork Trail?

How the fuck is this a valid complaint

You could say the minivans use a jeep engine too. You act like fca is the only company to share engines across platforms

The V6's were used in minivans before they were used in Jeeps. By contrast, no minivan ever used any of the inline-6 engines.

The engine is used in fucking everything. It's not like it was specifically built for a minivan and then they just said "aww fuck the wrangler, just give it the engine purpose built for the minivan".

The renegade is better lmao

XJ owner here.
Tbh, JK’s are okay, but DO NOT get the 3.8. The 3.6 is far superior. What’s your price range? What are you looking for exactly?

It's the official vehicle of Women and the gays. Looks like a fucking barbie toy.

This is my problem. Trails around here are either fire roads with the occasional feature or something impassible without full skid plates + 35"+ tires.

>having that image saved
Found the repressed faggot!

enjoy your street legal $15k garden tractor

Americas only sports car.

wew

A MILLION TIMES THIS. fuck your shitty jeep and get yourself a low miles fjz 80 with front and rear lockers and you will never need another car again. its got room, its got luxury, and its tough as nails with almost unmatched reliability. . It WILL go anywhere as long as you give it decent tires for upwards to 300k miles. pic semi related.

My bro had a 2015 Wrangler Sahara edition, the one problem it has is the death wobble issue. It's when the entire vehicle rattle and shakes violently but goes back to normal after 25 - 30 seconds. It appears to happen when he got on the highway.

As long as you get one with the Pentastar DOHC 3.6L then I can't come up with 2 reasons.

I don't particularly like Jeep or FCA, but was given (for free! and I already had my miat too) a '14 Sport 2-door 6-speed manual - pic related. I was surprised by it. It could do 0-60 in 7.4 seconds. If driving 45-60 mph and trying really hard, I could get 24-28mpg. I took it to 115mph with the top off and it was fine. Once I disabled ABS and traction control, I could do mad one-wheel burnouts at will, donuts on a single spot on dirt, and slide corners at moderate speeds on wet roads. My only complaints were high center of gravity and that mine came with an open rear diff. I even sold it after 3 years and 35k miles to a dealership (no trade) for 20k flat (It was 24.x new) even though I had an exhaust on it and had removed every single logo or badge.

I have also driven a 2010 w/ the pushrod-driven 3.8L and a 4-speed auto. It sucked SO much in comparison.