MR2 SC, wat do

Always liked how these looked and finally acquired one. What things should I do to it? Pretty much know nothing about them besides liking the looks. It's all complete. Paint was let go but that's about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fy_wkuO9gyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not a SC.

What I did with mine was get my throttle body bored out to 59mm by a machine shop, it really helped with how it ran. Also if you can get an aftermarket intercooler and a larger SC crank pulley for the stock SC12 you'll pick up some extra boost.

If you say so

There a way to make the Supercharger louder? I can't hear mine at all.

Doing what I did made it very loud, the whine drones in a lot and sounds very nice. Although I have an aftermarket IC mounted in the trunk so I run an air intake where the stock IC used to be. Sounds a lot like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=fy_wkuO9gyY

sounds like an artoo unit is having a stroke back there

Just to be sure, you have looked under the engine (lid) right?

Also, is there a difference in gauge clusters from the NA to the SC model? In SW20s, one of the prime ways to tell if the car you are looking at is an original turbo is the gauge cluster. Other than the boost gauge, the 5S-FE had a redline at somewhere around 6k, whereas the 3S-GTE had a redline at 7,250.

But really, one of the first things that I think you should be doing is restoring it. I hate to see MR2s, even the W30, in bad condition.

Yes it's very much Supercharged

huh. I thought the SCs have vents on both sides

Need any spare parts for that 4agze? I have a few...

There's only one vent across all Mk1 MR2s.

Are you in Washington? It's missing the cover over the spark plugs at least

The N/A has two, but there's drains directly underneath. The SC has one big functional one for the intercooler.

wash it

>He thinks the intake is on both sides

i got this recently OP

in getting some rust fixed. 135,000kms. toyota pop up fog lights. transplanting all the good stuff from my n/a 87 onto this one when i get home next week.

Nice.

Bumping. The speedo doesn't work lol

Hol up.

Doesn't the SC have the square side intake on both sides, while the NA only has it on the right? So wouldn't that mean that OP's MR2 isn't a SC?

All AW11s only have fender intakes on the right hand side. NAs have lighter engine lids. SCs have raised heavier engine lids.

>SCs have raised heavier engine lids.
Actually the NAs had heavier lids. The SC raised lids are fiber glass and the NA lids are made of actual metal.

is this some retard meme? where did you cunts get this from?

air intake is on the right hand side of them. petrol inlet is on the left hand side.

as for engine lids, SC has raised vents (1 of which is fake) and na's are flat.

Speedo cable is a common issue among the AW11. Buy one on eBay or buy a GPS speedo.
The only AW11 I've seen with side scoop on both sides was a custom job. They all came factory with only one side scoop on the passengers side.

Rustproofing, rust removal and rust repair.

Lovely classic shade of 90's japanese red (ie, pink)

proper sports tires, OEM repaint and general maintenance and cleaning up. Nice score op!

fuck that sounds so good

I've only got a regular AW11, not supercharged. Glad about it at times desu, insurance would kill me as mine is my first car.

This might explain why I can't hear the Supercharger and felt like it sounded like a Honda. Exhaust shop won't patch it. There any exhaust systems available?