Cargo Van Conversion

Still thinking about building a cargo van stealth camper. Still looking for a good van. Are there any resources I can use to determine which models are good and which years are good?

Here is one I am looking at now:
> 2007 Ford E250
> 72,000 miles
> Recently replaced transmission
> 4600 CAD = 3700 USD

Other urls found in this thread:

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/633301173/overview/
kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/medicine-hat/military-ambulance-cf-1986/1241211356?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is it so cheap?

I am not sure. One thing is that its a US model van in Canada so that is a bit weird. Who knows what its history is. The whole transmission thing is throwing me off a bit. Is it bad that the transmission failed in the first place?

Generally fleet trucks and vans get the absolute shit driven out of them.

Not necessarily bad if the trans was properly replaced/rebuilt. If it really is in good condition, it sounds like a good price.

If the computer were replaced or something could it have a "fake" milage?

It's had it's transmission replaced and it's still cheap as shit? What else is close to failing?

If you're lucky it's an ex rental and some of the people who rented it didn't abuse it.

But you're posting on Veeky Forums so like most of us you likely aren't that lucky.
If it's that cheap up here in canadaland it's probably garbage.

It's possible that they replaced a computer with one from a low-mileage example that was totaled or something. Go check it out in person. Look underneath and inside it to see how beat-up it is. Mileage isn't everything, after all.

spend slightly more and find an old handicap e350 superduty
they have a high roof and are about three and a half feet longer
plus they have that sweet hydraulic lift

also, old ambulances would be a breeze to convert, they already have a bed and nice kitchen area
plus the electrical is set up too
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/633301173/overview/

Yeah but you gotta be a little careful. I've heard of people getting Hep from working on them. There was a lot of bodily fluids in them. Then again a motel does too.

step one would be buying a couple of gallons of bleach and rubber gloves

Another one. Looks like shit, plus its a diesel so idk. Really big though, high ceiling
> 2005 Dodge Sprinter Diesel
> Visible rust
> 160,000 miles
> 2900 CAD = 2300 USD

Or run a ozone generator for a week or two.

I bet it has no turbo or door hinges left.

Another:
>2011 Ford E150
> 300,000 km = 186,000 miles
> 4950 CAD = 4000 usd

where abouts are you?

There are lots of mid 2000's chevy express's with the v6 for pretty cheap, and they are'nt awful on fuel

kijiji.ca/v-cars-other/medicine-hat/military-ambulance-cf-1986/1241211356?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

its a mercedes benz sprinter van. those diesels dont last like the old mercedes diesels. there is a reason they are piled up in wrecking yards.

the best van to use is a ford econolines or chevy van conversion vans as the rear seats also can double as a bed.

Im in Atlantic Canada. Haven't seen any ambulances in my area yet, although they could come up. I kinda want to blend in though.

Nice.

Absolutely nothing cozy about the interior of an ambulance. All that hard plastic and useless wiring that would have to be ripped out. Plus good luck getting a girl naked inside that.

On the plus side you're starting with a long wheelbase highroof with lowish miles for a diesel and a solid maintenance record.

Why so cheep tho? Those things go for 5 figures easy with 400k miles. Something's up with this one.

Panel vans are meh, you want a few windows. Way better visibility for driving in traffic, can pop them open when the weather is nice, great for camping on a beach or scenic vista, etc, plus you can block them off with curtains or solid panels easily from the inside for stealth.

That's sick.

Nice seats too for a military truck.

>2000's chevy express's
Wrong person sorry. Google tells me a 2005 Chevy express is 13 city, 18 highway. Thats better than ford. The 2007 e250 was 10 city 12 highway.