Mercury Marauder

Was it land barge kino? This car seems legit as fuck and I'd like to own one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGmrS2ibdek
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's one of my favorite cars. In high school it was our shop car in auto class, ours was burgundy/maroon in color (school colors was black/burgundy+maroon)

>riced out Crown Vic

its pretty shit tier tbqh

best barge

Could have been a really awesome car, but it was neutered before it was even made. The fact that it is no faster in a straight line then it's decade old rival tells the tale.

Gay wheel drive

My uncle is a cop and love cars, he gets them at auctions all the time. He changes cars like every 3 or 4 months. He got one of these like 10 years ago and loved it. Sold it, but bought another one a couple years ago and he's kept it since. It's the longest he's ever owned a car. He loves it.

Also my ex's dad had a supercharged one. Pretty sweet.

you must be 18 to post here

I agree with this 100% and i like the panther cars.

Panther is a great platform but just today I was looking down at a Charger in the next lane at a light, it was just a shit v6 auto one but it really occurred to me how great that platform is going to go down as in history. Better available drivetrains than Panther, available manual transmission, available as a coup. I feel like I'll probably own an SRT8 at some point in the future and love it.

>charger
>available as a coup

>riced out

I don't think you know what that means.

t.rcrfag

my bad

niggered out

Back in 2003 I was looking at a Marauder. It was down to that or a Mustang GT 5spd Vert. I went with the Mustang. Got rid of it a couple years later.
Didn't like messing with top or driving in winter and had no room to roadtrip.

You heard what I fucking said. Wagon, too. How many parts from Panthers bolt onto Mustangs? About none.

>not getting the superior ltd crown victoria

youtube.com/watch?v=rGmrS2ibdek

panthers are for neckbeards

It was a piece of shit.

Especially when it went up against the 300C and 300 SRT-8.

>implying all Marauders only came in black from the factory.

wew lad

the blacked out shit and wheels are still niggy

it looks completely awful in any color that isnt black as well

Spotted this Crown Vic todaye

>unibody,v6 and g*rman
>land barge

Post more of edgy hottie

I bet she has lots of daddy issues.

Hot.

But that's what I've had many of.

They came with a true DOHC v8. Most, if not all, the cop models had the SOHC v8's.

Get a Lexus GS400 or 430
Better, faster, & not a panther pos
Also cheaper because the deluded faggots who own Marauders hiked up the prices

Land barge thread? In trying to make a list of 90s comfy mobiles that I want to get for a winter beater, so far:
>Panther platform
>Chevy caprice/Buick Roadmaster
>Any Lexus with a V8
That's all I can think of. Anybody know anything else, especially a wagon

>let's make a personal luxury car
>but also make it FWD
>and 20 feet long
>with two doors
>and a longitudinal four hundred and fifty-five cubic inch V8
Fucking maniacs. I hate agreeing with filtered tripfags but I'll agree with this user.

You mean the Impala SS? The B-bodies were always faster than the Panthers, that's been a thing since the days of the 9C1 Caprice. The Modular V8s will run forever but they just don't have the power output while retaining reliability and ease of maintenance as the classic Chevy small-block, as much as I despise the SBC for killing off the other GM divisions' unique engines. Don't forget too that even the LT1 B-bodies ran fine on 87 while all the 4-valve 4.6 Fords (Marauder, Mark VIII) require premium.

The LTD Crown Vic is a Panther body, you doof. Panther platform covers the '78 to '82 LTD, the '78 to '91 LTD Crown Victoria, and the '92 to 2011 Crown Victoria, as well as the various rebadges (Grand Marquis, Town Car, Marauder) and the wagon versions available up to '91 (Country Squire and Colony Park).

'cause you've got it backwards, Mustang parts go on the Panther, not vice-versa.

Every Panther body except the Marauder from '92 onwards has the same SOHC 4.6L V8. There were a few modifications and power increases over the years (coil on plug ignition, Performance Improved heads, E85 capability) but none of the SOHC 2-valve 4.6s come close to the power of the 4v DOHC. The Mustang GT also got a 3-valve version of the 4.6 in 2005, which Panthers never received.

The 'cop motors' are just tuned to idle slightly higher to power the extra accessories, and from the mid-2000s on they received the updated airbox design only found in the Marauder otherwise. Thing is, even with that small power boost it isn't really enough to make a difference- the main thing making P71s quicker than civilian cars is the shorter rear end gears (3.27s stock with 3.55s as an option depending on year, compared to 2.73 in the non-HPP/LX Sport/LSE/etc civilian cars).

There's a third B-body aside from the Caprice and Roadmaster, that being the Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. It's a total oddity, to say the least- the third gen only ran for two years, 91 and 92, and only came in wagon form because while Chevy and Buick still had the Caprice and Roadmaster sedans, Oldsmobile's own full-size 88 sedan was moved to a smaller FWD platform years prior, leaving the Custom Cruiser orphaned.

V8 lexus reporting in.

>the blacked out wheels

nigga wut

It is legit.

>handles surprisingly well for what it is
>beyond comfy
>not a cookie cutter car
>beans and boons love it, but that doesn't really bother me. I don't drive cars to pretend I'm in anime.
>acceptable, but not even close to fast in stock form.

That color looks like a throat lozenge.

That's marvelous.

lel, it does.

Dark Toreador Red is what they called it. Hated the color until I saw it in person desu.

Plus it doesn't have the impersonating-a-cop vibe that black has.

Dude all panther cars impersonate cops.....

As soon as you see the outline or headlights you think “ cop”

I've always wanted to own one, but it's hard to find a non shit one, or one that isn't crazy marked up

>no yellow parking lights on inner part of headlights like P71
>red
>Mercury badges
>chrome wheels
>spoiler

I can't help if people are stupid.

>charger
>manual transmission
Pick one

Not the user you're replying to, but I'd totally forgotten that 03+ Marquis (and thus the Marauder) don't have the yellow inner marker lights like the Crown Vics do. I'm so used to my own pre-03 that still has the yellow and so despite the chrome grille and Mercury badges, sure as hell could be mistaken for a Crown Vic at night if you're not autismal about memorizing barge headlights- even if the exact reason I went for a Marquis instead of a CV was the lack of a cop stigma. And the digidash.

To be fair though, even just the general headlight and taillight shape is enough, especially if they haven't gotten a good look at the rest of the car- there's really nothing else on the road that looks like a Panther, doubly so nowadays in the age of angry projector beam headlights and LED-flatline tails.

tru tru. It is distinct and has the stigma no matter what.

I do love recalling these dumb little details about different model year changes, etc. Remember when they made the headlights like pic related? Made them look like they had fucking downs.

Look at all the GMQs from '92 to '11 side by side and it's almost a repeating pattern, with the 2006 facelift following the same style as the 1995 update- change the grille up, make the bumper air dams bigger (or add them in the first place), and make the headlights thinner with a body color strip between them and the grille. The only problem is they did a really, really fucking ugly job of it!

>A marauder is someone who roams around looking for things to steal. You might hear news reports about a marauder breaking into cars in your neighborhood.

The one true nigga kangz ride

A poor man's Impala SS

solid b8

looks like something an unemployed nigger or spic in a shithole apartment complex would drive

both look sexy af desu
my fav era of burger cars excluding muscles

>kino

i want /tv/ to leave reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>tfw we will never get a new panther body with a Ford V10

Sigh.

>panther body
>anything but a lazy but durable V8
Gross, please no.

that would just be a turd sandwich

I want my seed in her white trash womb

>panther platform
>was it a land barge?
You've answered your own question already m8y

>his high school had auto class
Legit jelly

Please yes.

That really is a beutifull coulor

Everyone knows it was a land barge. He's asking if it's land barge kino.