FAQ: pastebin.com/YLYWL75e
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/vRytNg3E

Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal (Trial) - mega.nz/#!V0RCWBZR!xxcBbospzU-0V3PXMsBrWdc-HASgp7eBD1cQ0R5pwY4

DARKNESSHERO Rance Mod - Beta FFA mod released

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - Released
Orders open at $34.95 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004
Check pastebin for download links or for hints

>What is the status of Rance Quest?
Depends on when Mangagamer announce it. The great sales of Rance VI mean that it will happen at some point and probably sooner rather than later. As far as we know it is at least 70% translated.

>Upcoming Games

Rance 5D+VI (Hardcopy) - To be released 7th July 2017
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - To be released 28th July 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
RPG - by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Modern Setting - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio: blog.alicesoft.com/archives/4771534.html

>Upcoming Events
Veeky Forums League 8 - Starting June 9th
Drawfag Weekend - Sports and/or Summer starting June 16th
Drawfag Weekend - Shizuka Weekend starting July 30th

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/tools-and-tutorials/401610-aldexplorer-tool-to-extract-replace-images-and-sounds-from-alicesoft-ald-files?p=5790843#post5790843
pastebin.com/BHK0hFgg
youtube.com/watch?v=K2yYSN7sv2I
youtube.com/watch?v=9T6g37hg_rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for trashman

The musket unit is the widest, you know?

Whoa, hey, it's SLC. I had a question for you about a possible bug when using ALD explorer with Rance Quest, I posted it a while ago in the Hongfire thread but I guess you never saw it.

hongfire.com/forum/forum/hentai-lair/hentai-game-discussion/tools-and-tutorials/401610-aldexplorer-tool-to-extract-replace-images-and-sounds-from-alicesoft-ald-files?p=5790843#post5790843

Is it time for sacking?

No way, Tosh is a classic /haniho/ meme and was our best player before this cup. At most we should demote him to Silver if he's shit in the final game too.

What we really need is a gold defender.

It would help if he stopped fucking missing

when is the right time to make a new thread

Traditionally we have done it after 750

Next VGL I am probably just going to steal the most aggressive tactic from one of the main Veeky Forums cups and put on one card per player.

It's not even the losing that bothers me, its that I fucked up making the team so its boring.

Some good and some bad.

Thanks to my friend from anticav the one who made fun of toufu about the wiki for always bitching at me that I have so much money. I decided to recruit down to 5k each turn: since I also have two full restores in items (about 4k at this stage) I feel comfortable, and more troops is better.

In storming the final province my war chest dipped below 1.5k, which is quite bad. But. I did it. So long as I hold this, I have the Pursuit Battle footman who will let me sustain.

I also have been (maybe) noticing that Suzume is doing better on the snipes. In this war, she's missed only about 1/4 shots.

DOW Takeda
take 1 province
C 6/6/5/6 (3 actions, so he gets the bee). Speed book (YES).
Takeda: attack twice (barely hold)
take 1 province
Mnk 4/6/4/5
W 5/5/6/2
Yamamoto AP+1 (I have 3x(+2): I will get WW shot next turn)
Yamamoto WW shot
take 1 province
W 4/4/5/4
F 4/4/4/4 (EIG)
Defend (Takeda x1)
Defend (Tokugawa x1) Qcup
Use Qcup to give Ranmaru DWH
Storm Shinano

The bad as you can see is that I only have 1 (ONE!) cavalry. I was expecting 2-3 by now. I will soon need to hold at least one wave of the blitz... and Hara and Ashikaga will not be idle forever.

The trick I plan on using is to be sure to hold Shinano and at least one province of Shell. The Pursuit Battle warrior will be critical here. I will hold and recruit cavalry until I have 5-6.

Even the one is an absolute game changer. WW shot is nice as well; having two snipers and two units with DWH means I can farm 2x/turn.

(cont'd)

On the todo list:
1. get SAT to 30 (e.g. Fuuka)
2. accept reinforcements
3. request Uruza
4. levy Shinano
5. construct 4x on Shinano
6. visit Nonbunga for draft paper (i will have 2x).

This is 10 fans. I will also need to spend 3-4 taking and retaking provinces. So, 7-8 turns holding the barbarian hordes and building an army for our nation. This puts me at around turn 31 ready to progress in the game.

I know a lot of hannies are concerned about turn 30. What should I look out for?

Above all I need to hold Shinano and also one province in Shell. I think that I can hold the first wave of the blitz but if Takeda attacks before twice I will need to hold in Shell. If he attacks 3x it is game over until I get more troops.

But it all paid off: Takeda has turn 1 strength units while I have 3 provinces of NP.

whoa, what the fuck, this is another level of savescumming
this is my log so far - pastebin.com/BHK0hFgg

>it took like five tries, I hate this game
are you the same user with shit luck from the last thread

first wave of takeda nets a cav

Should I fight it hannies?

I have a motivation paper so I could use the cav again and crush the backline.

two waves held.

I'm not going to fight the next two.

this old man is OK!

No.

>Suzume abuse with Dousan if the backrow is safe
>kills two units on average
>Dousan tanks the rest
STOP THE DAMN MADWOMAN

Is Reset recruitable in Quest?

Magnum

Yes, but only in the Magnum storyline.

>The only thing that makes me want to nope out for AinDecompiler is how they added Namespaces all over the place in Tsuma3. something::somethingelse::more::stuff everywhere.
There is a nontrivial difference between Class::Function() and name::space::func::tion in terms of how it's stored and used? My copy of the file opener was able to read through it okay (by that, I mean no crashing). The problem I was having was that instead of having ArrayInt types and ArrayFloat types, they actually have a built-in Array format. (I commented on Hongfire regarding this)
I'd be trying harder to change the actual decompiler, (instead of the file-opening), but it's easier to trawl through bytes than make changes to code I'm not too familiar with.
The view window does crash when confronted with a type it doesn't understand though.

rance is a genius and an ally of young boys the world over
what ahero

kusogaki

the fancy latin font used below for spelling "SonohennoKusogaki" is extra nice

I don't get it. That's obviously Wuu-kun.

who could doubt it? look at the propeller

>Miracle's grandmother is on par and possibly stronger than an inexperienced Magic 3

So who's stronger, Gamgam or Anis?

No, you worked hard, keep at it MALICE.

Annis is the strongest in raw power.

So despite being only 30, she's still retardedly strong? Just how strong would she be at 80?

>30
She's like 21 at most.

I don't age will impact her. The advantage of age is experience and knowing more and more spells.

Annis on the other hand is just shock and awe firepower.

pretty sure user meant levels

Level.
Not age, you fucking Annis.

She was 19 in VI. Will be 22 in X.

I have a question about SR, if anyone here can answer - how do tactician buffs work? Do they round up, down or does the .something value get added to the formula?

For example, Yamagata Masakage has 8 + 4 (+50%) = 12 in all stats during regular battles with initial buffs on, but if he buffs his attack to 9, then his attack would be 9 + 4.5 (+50%) = 13.5, right? Does that value get rounded up, down or does it just stay like that?

And another thing, how do tactician buffs and boosts (X battle expert/those castle/field/dungeon books) interact?

She is level 56 you niwas

ok maybe Rance-sama isn't a hero of shitty kids
but then again it's not bad for a life to burn fast if it burns bright

this sex scene is great.

>Most Zeths in power have a limit in the single digits

Any chance of this getting translated?

03 has a good chance of getting translated at some point in the next 5 years.

:(

Whats with the skill levels of 0. does that mean they are bad at it?

0 is actually better than average. 1 is someone who is good at something (see Elizabeth talking people into being suicide bombers and Rodney's skills in chemical warfare) and level 2 is someone who is great at something.

Level 3 is just a once in a lifetime prodigy.

Thoma's armor is so over the top that it crosses the point of ridiculous and then goes further to where it becomes cool again

He got some Centenarian armor from 40K.

Maris has a very sexy level cap.

Maris has a very sexy everything.

Wait, what?
When you start FFA, a random country is given a heavenly blessing, and has a 99% chance of winning an AI v AI match.
in initialization:
◆予備06 = RAND(19);
in algorithm:
if (ii == ◆予備06)
{
LOG_TADA(" 神に認められた国\n"); // blessed by heaven/deity/god
if (ii == ◆予備06)
{
▲勝率 = 100;
}
I'll make a way to let the player know which country is OP

>Pro Wresstling 2
What.

He's really good at Pro Wrestling.

*winning an OFFENSIVE AI v AI match.

So he's Randy Savage?

That explains those Just Watch games where Hara or Ashikaga win

I'd like to take a moment to appreciate the Rance series' to make ridiculous names that happen to sound cool.

>Barres Province
>Ex Banquet
>Jericho Colon
>Cordoba Burn
>Convert Tax
>Cream Ganoblade
>Amitos Armitage
>Freak Paraffin
>Carrot Shirley
>Megadeath Moromi
>Fine Sanada
>Cutie Band
>Foot Rot
>Nelson Server

and of course

>Ragnarokark Super Gandhi

TADA may not understand a damn thing about the English Language, but he knows what words sound cool, even if they aren't actually that cool.

scary

Clearly the reason we lost in VGL is that Patton isn't Randy Savage.

Isn't there one more round of qualifiers?

Can we conjur up a Patton Savage?

>when I just want to progress the plot but the game keeps throwing sex scenes that I won't skip out of completionism

CTRL key is your friend.

He just said he won't skip.

How does skipping affect completionism unless he's skipping the optional scenes entirely?

Literally my problem with Daibanchou.

At least IX (or was that 03?) has the difference variations saved in the gallery.

It was both.

IX doesn't.

Would Medusa make a good Friend?

no

Who drew all the recent Hatsune art on the booru?

IX has all stages savedin the gallery. It doesn't have the repeatable version of each stage though.

Yeah while 03 does.

>Literally my problem with Daibanchou
every other fricken' turn!!

>*Suzume Purple Event: Ability > Dungeon Scout
Fuck no, give her Initial Battle Rating instead.

>I know a lot of hannies are concerned about turn 30. What should I look out for?
If you've not already broke the second gourd then turn 30 breaks Takeda's gourd and hence makes the Tesnhi Sect declare war, aside from the death spiral that this can cause if you've not already dealt with Hara and Ashikaga, this will also put you one gourd ahead if you defeat Ashikaga after turn 30 (you'll have Oda's, Takeda's, and Ashikaga's gourds broke rather than just Oda's and Ashikaga's) which might cause you some problems later on (e.g. getting the Demon Army out too early).

Note: You can circumvent Ashikaga's gourd breaking with a glitch, the details of which are on the Walkthrough page of the Wiki, but come on, that's cheating.

>For example, Yamagata Masakage has 8 + 4 (+50%) = 12 in all stats during regular battles with initial buffs on, but if he buffs his attack to 9, then his attack would be 9 + 4.5 (+50%) = 13.5, right? Does that value get rounded up, down or does it just stay like that?
You're way off, go look at the formulae on the Wiki.

>how do tactician buffs and boosts (X battle expert/those castle/field/dungeon books) interact?
I believe that they stack additively.

Do you have other pics?

So do we have 3 anons currently doing runs?

From screenshot numbers alone this user looks unique to me and it doesn't look like these two anons are the same people either .

It's all i have.

So to go back to a topic from last thread. What are our opinions on the "conquer Tokugawa first" situation? What about when we're not savescumming?

0 is not better than average. It's average. The only reason why they list it is to showcase that they're active on that field, like Prima's Medical Treatment 0.

The best.

I'm and that just sounds stupid, you have too much stuff on your plate as it is to justify going Tokugawa first (struggling for cash, SAT, units (racoon dogs don't make good units, they're just average), troops, etc). That is, if you're not savescumming to the extreme, in which case you can do whatever from the point where you get Nitori and Shibata with EIG.

If they remake Kichikuou Rance would you rather a shiny high quality opening or they just keep the shitty portraits bouncing around thing?

I encourage the fixing of bugs wherever possible.

Bugs? I'm talking about whether they would change the silly style of the KR opening
youtube.com/watch?v=K2yYSN7sv2I

Open with some shoujoesque opening showing what a heroic guy Rance is.

youtube.com/watch?v=9T6g37hg_rc
I hope it would be cheesy like this

Currently reviewing last thread. Am I mistaken, or over the course of that thread did everyone who was doing a 5SNB run become convinced that Rance Attack is the best SAT Bonus to take first in a 5SNB run? Does anyone currently disagree with that choice?

Awh damnit. So whenever my order-swapping code ran, and there wasn't a valid flag available (somebody ran out of turns or died), it would /return/ instead of /continue/ which broke the system instead of going to the next unit.
I should be able to get all the kinks worked out within 30 minutes, and get out of this funk I've been in for the last couple weeks from getting stuck.

My result to follow what anons were advocating for what 5SNB strategies last thread has almost resulted in a fucking conspiracy wall. It'll be fun to post once it's all done.

I want to make Kay-chan the main heroine of X

Alright, I've finished going through the last thread and I've identified 3 anons doing 5SNB runs. Here's there logs, most of the annotations have been made for my own reference. Apologies for how sloppy some of this is, there's a screaming Indian woman near me.