youtube.com/watch?v=AvwDNGjEp7A

>Return to Arcadia Bay:
youtube.com/watch?v=GONk9c3MLjA

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − 31 August 2017
Episode 2 − (TBA)
Episode 3 − (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/12158769
strawpoll.me/12416723
strawpoll.me/13090936
strawpoll.me/13090974

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=GnCDNZo1FnA
youtube.com/watch?v=uOFm3Cwhrp4
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=uOFm3Cwhrp4&t=80s
archiveofourown.org/works/6384232
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm so happy

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

These threads are going by very fast. It's a little overwhelming.

>no ashly burch in the prequel

You were not here during the golden age then?

What are your expectations concerning the prequel's soundtrack?
More indie like the original Life is Strange or something more fitting for Chloe's personality, like punk and rock songs?

I was. Been here as far back as the pre-Episode 2 days. It feels a little strange seeing the general be so active again.

Unless they strike gold again, which is unlikely, and make us fall in love with the new cast and story as much as LiS then I can see it not reviewing as well, and LiS3 going back to Max and Chloe, maybe continuing after a '3rd ending'/the hospital ending.

I have a strong suspicion that Max and Chloe are what turned a decent game concept and execution into something magical that we can't get elsewhere, and they will realize that only later.

I just hope I still care about a couple of late-teen queers when I'm pushing forty, because I'm pushing thirty.

>Feelsbadman.jpg

That's true. There is a lack of intimacy, and a propping-up of Rachel that I thought would be inversed.

It makes complete sense, however.

I want to add that it's also on Native American grounds, where the skinwalker stories originate.

Wait, I thought blackwell is only for senior level students? Why is Chloe and Rachel in school in 2010?

Maybe they retconned Blackwell.

To add onto my last thoughts from the previous thread, Chloe also says "So Rachel gets smashy when she's angry" but I'm reminded of Rachel's letter to Frank in the original game. He seemed to do something while drunk or high and it seemed to scare Rachel off. How can she get upset if he was doing something similar to what she does when pissed off? (Unless he actually hit her in which case she was right to leave, but she doesn't say he did).
I hate to say it, but I'm starting to agree with the idea that Rachel only wants to be hang out with outcasts so she can try to make them happy and like her, but the instant that person tries to return the sympathy, she has a freak out or ditches them.

I hope her and Chloe do have their friendship evolve and become more mutual over time and where they actually seem to like being with each other, because from the little bit I saw it looked like Chloe acting like a lost puppy and trying to be nice to Rachel, and Rachel was just shooing her away. "There's something keeping me from being your friend right now." the hell does that even mean?
I was surprised and slightly taken aback how blunt and cold Rachel can be. I wonder if her and Max really were similar at all of if it was Chloe projecting her memories of Max onto Rachel, latching onto anything similar, and ignoring the less pleasant parts.

You sound like a cunt, if I'm honest.

>late-teen queers

Chloe is #1

Thanks user. Love you too.

>I am. Unapologetically so.

You may be right. In my anecdotal experience, it seems like people's enjoyment of LiS really depends on whether or not they connect with Max and Chloe's relationship. The prime complaint and praise I've heard about the game is people just utterly loathing or adoring the two characters.

So I have to admit I don't expect much from season two.

It was a combination for me:
>Chemistry of Max and Chloe
>Neat little American setting and atmosphere
>the fucking music

Blackwell has to be a four year school for anything about it to make sense. Otherwise Warren skipped ahead a grade or two since he's only 16. It's a four year school that has special programs for seniors, which is how Max transferred from Seattle to take the photography program.
It's never fully explained and maybe DNG, an American company, will clarify how Blackwell works.

Prescotts still seem like dicks in the prequel as well.

So they are underage for sure in this so how are they going to get away with anything good?

>tfw you realize 'Obstacles' is about getting past all the shit thrown at Max and Chloe, and them leaving together, when taken in context of the game.

>Bae confirmed canon

>Fire Walk With Me
>the best friend of the mysterious murdered girl has her actress replaced due to a weird conflict

>Before the Storm
>the best friend of the mysterious murdered girl has her actress replaced due to a weird conflict

I think they're taking the references a bit too far

Obstacles also starts playing during the vision at the end of episode 1. Its clearly the 'correct' timeline.

Looks like the Until Dawn developers are making a crime drama game.

youtube.com/watch?v=GnCDNZo1FnA

My mind is open but I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I don't want to see Max and Chloe again.
They were by far the best part of the game for me. Sure, Dontnod can probably create another good setting and atmosphere but they're going to have to try really hard to make characters as likeable and that I'm willing to fight for. I got so attached to them that I was willing to possibly condemn a town just because I thought recovering from a natural disaster would be easier then Max trying to recover from losing Chloe. I couldn't stand the thought of Chloe dying in a bathroom thinking that everyone hated her and she wasn't any good. Fuck that.
And Dontnod had better not deliver a bullshit ending this time around. If the Vampyr team can do endings based on actions throughout the game, then Michel & co. can as well.
So I won't pass any judgement on S2 until I actually see it, but I hope one day our girls come back for another adventure. If not, then at least I know they made it and are alright.

Off-topic.

Fuck off.

they implied Rachael is a prostitute, so yea, they're basically doing Fire Walk With Me and LIS is Twin Peaks

It's a similar style game to Life is Strange. This general has frequently discussed other choice-based narratives like the Telltale and Quantic Dream games.

That whole idea actually looks cool.
A kind of party game that's dead serious.

I only got into LiS because of how much I heard people loved Max and Chloe. They ARE LiS to me, and I dont really see myself playing a game that doesnt contain at least one of them.

>Fire Walk With Me
>Fire Walk music band

Really tickles the neural tractions.

I think part of why Max and Chloe were so successful, and I suspect not even the developers really saw it coming together as well as it did, is because they are a genuine portrayal of friendship/love that most people wish they could experiance (and to be fair, they still fuck it up in one ending). It's something a lot of media shoots for, and usually misses.

There is something deeply moving about the idea of growing up with someone, always being together, and it turning into a sweet and comfortable romantic love.

It used to be a popular trope, but has fallen out of style the last few decades.

>You will never play a sequel where Max and Chloe toss Kate off a bridge

No, they didn't imply that.

I don't think they implied that, I think Rachel may just really hate mushy romance stuff.
Which is a problem since that's pretty much what Chloe wants out of life. A happy ending with someone she loves.
Rachel seems like she's trying too hard to be an adult (Which is how I previously described Chloe and it may not have been true). She doesn't want to joke around and have fun, she wants to drink and mope around, at least at what I presume was the start.
Maybe Rachel and Chloe have their personalities start to rub off on each other so Rachel lightens up and Chloe toughens up.

yea they did friendo. Did you not see how mad Rachel got when Chloe made a prostitute joke at the binoculars?

>Max is 18
>Warren is 16

If you kiss Warren, you are a child molester.

BUNQUEEN KEEP IT GOIN!!

A bunch of people seem to be confused about the fact that the gameplay demo features cuts both BETWEEN gameplay sections and WITHIN gameplay sections. It's not like the viewfinder scene is literally looking at two people and then Rachel immediately gets angry and attacks you.

Moreover, we know from the leaked baseball bat picture that not taking anti-Rachel choices all the time (as the demo player did) can have a significant effect on how those scene(s) play out.

To be fair, only the most sick and twisted individuals would kiss Warren.

>go to preorder game
>look at deluxe edition stuff
>Farewell episode
>the thumbnail is young Max and Chloe

Ooooh shit it's when Max left Arcadia Bay, isnt it.
Fuck me, that's going to hurt so much to play.

That's not implication. That's presuming intent.

It could be due to her romantic issues with Chloe, and seeing the couple hurt her. She'd get mad even if you picked the other dialogue option.

I think she reacts that way regardless of what comments you choose to make.
Chloe's joking around and Rachel snaps and acts disgusted that they're acting like kids or something instead of getting trashed.
I thought Rachel was the one that invited Chloe to skip school, at least from what the Dev interview was saying, but Rachel's the one saying "You don't ask a girl out without buying her a drink" (wut)

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it

mmm i'd be surprised if that's not what that scene was implying. They clearly lift tons of story from Twin Peaks in the original game, its likely they'll do the same for this with Fire Walk With Me. We never really did get the full story of Rachael in LIS and were left to imagine what was really going on with her, same as Laura Palmer until the movie.

REWIND THIS

apparently the IGN video was taken down, but there was an obvious cut between Chloe looking at the couple and Rachel's angry remarks when I watched it

the timeline where everyone has down's syndrome

You're being ridiculous user, Rachel is clearly a time traveling prostitute that hangs out with broken people to try and fix them. You're being highly illogical.

We know this, inasmuch as there was a cut to the overlook from the mill, where there was a scene or three between that time.

The last sentence is obvious. We know, dummy.

If that's the case, then that's an odd choice because it gives the impression that Rachel is really fucking bipolar.
But I get that they don't want to spoil potentially major parts of the story so maybe there's more to that scene where Chloe says something Rachel does not like.

It is and it will hurt. I'm hoping that it has some kind of hints to the original game. Like you see Max leave for Seattle, maybe even see her parents for the first time. Then is flashes to the morning of the day they reunite.
In a splitscreen cinematic: Max is getting ready for Jefferson's class and falls asleep after sitting down, Chloe is outside of Blackwell texting Nathan and telling him he better have the money she wants.
Showing a collision course which will culminate is a crazy reunion and the re-ignition of some old feelings which quickly grows into an inferno. On the sideline is Rachel watching with interest and hoping Chloe pulls through and hoping that she gets justice.

It's weird seeing /lisg/ active again.

It's nice to see, but it was moving so fast yesterday that it was a little hard to keep up.
We're on our way back to the days where a thread was over in less than an hour.
I need to preorder the game at some point.

>Max promises to call every day
>Chloe narrates over it that she did.
>at first
>then it was every week
>then it was every month

>then not at all

This is going to murder me all over again, isnt it.
I dont think I can handle it.

Lovely isnt it

ikr
it feels like 2015 again

>Bought season 1 for $5 on sale
>Preordered Before the Storm

They got me.

Just the fact that they confirmed Chloe writes letters to Max but doesnt have the courage to send them has already killed me

Indeed.

Like I said, she still retains that childishness that Max shared, until a point. Chloe wanted dorkier bonding, mixed with escapism, and delinquency, but Rachel wanted the latter, strictly.

Just watched the gameplay footage thing with my gf and the whole 'i dont want to screw this up like i screw evertyhing up' got us already.
Its in goddamn pre-alpha footage and giving me feels

>We know, dummy
But people keep posting stuff over and over again that suggests they don't know this

>so maybe there's more to that scene where Chloe says something Rachel does not like.
youtube.com/watch?v=uOFm3Cwhrp4
Found a youtube mirror for what I'm talking about.
Go to 12:30, and watch for around 12:36 with the volume up. The background sound is suddenly different, which didn't happen in any of the previous cuts to Chloe from the viewfinder.

if i ordered through the SE website and not steam, i won't get the key until it gets released right?

The "...because I'm a fucking screw-up", and "I don't want to be alone, anymore" had me shaking.

That split screen thing sounds amazing and would be the last real calm before the storm.
It would also not be changing anything from the game itself.

Yeah, exactly.
Tried to hide it tho since im supposed to be the butch one.

It's okay to not be okay, proud Butch-card dyke.

oh yea it does cut, still i feel like there just going to rip that story from Fire Walk With Me

Thanks user.
I just relate to Chloe a hell of a lot. Shit hurts to see reflected.

Same. Chloe's really beating herself up.
The worst part was at first it sounds like she's joking around like "I'm stupid lol" and then very quickly you hear the honesty in her voice. She really does think she's a fuckup and that she's doomed to be abandoned by everyone she cares about.
And if you follow some people's choice, the last words Chloe ever hears are a reaffirmation of that. That's absolutely terrible.
I think if after the prequel released that Dontnod reset the stats on the original game, you may see more people pick Bae that time around.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

youtube.com/watch?v=uOFm3Cwhrp4&t=80s

Where's my Ashly? IT'S NOT CHLOE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can thank Unions for Ashly not being in the game

wow this year's E3 sucked

>'i dont want to screw this up like i screw evertyhing up'

Oh fuck. I'm male!Chloe. That's pretty much my anguished though before I try something new in life to lift myself out of my self inposed rut, and then I fuck up.

New Cottaterra!
I really like that jacket/hoodie Chloe was wearing at the concert.

It was really bad.
Least we have a new LiS game

You're ok Veeky Forums, man.
We're all like that, women and men.

The plebs have to have everything explicit for them to understand the story, and not pick the ridiculous ending.

Knowing her permeating sense of that which you described, to have that iterated to her at the moment of death is desperate. Absolutey desperate.

Shit. I should have stayed out of this thread. I can feel that creeping dissatisfaction with other fiction building up where I can't like anything because it doesn't scratch that itch.

Has anyone played any decent visual novels recently? I suppose I could replay some Type-Moon stuff, or replay Katawa Shoujo, but I would prefer something new or that I haven't experianced.

WTF is "unions"?

Whatever... Fuck this motherfuckers piece of shit! FUUUCCKKKKK YOU UNIONS!

GODDAMN!

>CHLOE WITH A BLACK-EYE

WHO DID THIS? MY RECKLESS, PRECIOUS BABY. WHO DID THIS?

It was cool to see that Chloe and Frank can be friendly. Also kind of funny how he said "No more loans" but then obviously he was willing to lend her three grand at some point. Guess he figured she'd pay it back or maybe he just liked Chloe too much/ Rachel convinced him to lend her the money.

I think they'd become pretty good friends after everything with Rachel and after the storm, at least when they got to see each other again. They realize that they were competing with each other and both lost. They have some kind of past together and Frank slowly comes to appreciate Max and Chloe during the game.
I think this this fic captured their friendship pretty well.
archiveofourown.org/works/6384232

>than junkyard scene

Chloe is gay and awkward

I can't deal with how Rachel sounds almost exactly the same as Chloe though.
God allmighty, please, recast.

God I can't stand the voices they're so deep and disgusting

Nigga how old are you if you don't know what a union is?

I KNOW! THEY SOUND SO SIMILAR!

Rachel sounds more like Chloe, than Chloe's voice actress. They're very indistinct voice-actors, who lack the striking respective quality that Max had, that Chloe had, that Victoria had, et cetera.

Nathan.

Am I the only one who isn't bothered by the different VA? Ashly Burch was decent but I've heard plenty of better voice performances.

They sound fine, you waifu-fag.

No! Is not.

Eat shit and die!